Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin Does Not Track Hours Played

2...Next

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    It's a known bug that affects not only Mac players, but Windows players as well.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Same here. Stopped tracking 10/21/2016 , also Mac. Same thing for my children with their mac computers and separate origin accounts.

I transferred my game to pc and it tracks time properly for me now. My kids macs still stuck.
    It really doesn't matter if Origin tracks the hours you've played. The main thing is does the game run ok and is your computer having problems running the game.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited August 2017
    Mines working properly as of 25th August 2017. It gives me 24th August and updated hours - after I downloaded and opened the last Stuff pack game yesterday. Maybe you need to re-install Origin or repair game?

Windows 10 OS though.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Same here. Stopped tracking 10/21/2016 , also Mac. Same thing for my children with their mac computers and separate origin accounts.

I transferred my game to pc and it tracks time properly for me now. My kids macs still stuck.

Yes, you said that in this thread and I asked you what MBA you have as we might be able to help but you didn't respond :neutral:

apple-signature.png
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited August 2017
    I think I've realized what got my hours stuck. My brother used to play the sims 4 through my origin account on his pc but he stopped back in 2015, which was the time when the hours got stuck on my mac. When I recently played the game on his pc it started to record the hours again but would continue not to record the hours on my mac.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Marie_is_meMarie_is_me Posts: 13 New Member
    Honestly my Origin stopped tracking in March of 2016, and says i only have 75 hours logged which i know is wrong, I really wish they would fix this issue...
  • simuellesimuelle Posts: 100 Member
    I think it's a problem with all Mac users. I mean, it's not a huge issue, but I like seeing how long I've spent playing a game and everything. It's just neat to see.
    tumblr; punchella origin id; liujiaxie
    NNePthn.png
  • kismetkismet Posts: 61 Member
    Mine has never tracked and I put in a good 6 hours with my legally bought game. :p Because we all know I've put in way more hours than that. I hope it catches up but by the looks of this thread it may not.
  • stlilyluxestlilyluxe Posts: 1 New Member
    This wasn’t a big deal to me either until the worst happened. Sure the game’s not unplayable, but I hit my limit when I recently got a new laptop & signed into the Origin app on my the Mac & started my game. I was completely FLOORED to see that although I’d signed into my account that I use at least once a week, the game hadn’t saved since 2016!! September, to be exact. So.. here I am, staring horrified & francticly at two different libraries on two different laptops (one of which is severely failing) & have no remote idea on how to sync years worth of information, that’s ALREADY supposed to be on ONE account. I can’t believe EA & it’s “gurus” haven’t fixed this but can absolutely find a way to charge us for 5 new things each month. I mean like, years worth of data potentially lost. Uploads that definitely impact & further the longevity of your business model. It feels... disrespectful? Anyway, needless to say I’ll be taking a bit of a break while I decide if I’m really going to start from scratch. Somebody give me a ring if the guru’s ever fix this!? Though, I won’t be holding my breath. And if anyone has any advice, pls send help! lol
    Not going to be fixed as it's not game breaking. Only game breaking bugs will be addressed. This is a very minor issue.