Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin offline, can still play!

For the last 3 or 4 hours Origin and a number of online games have been inaccessible. But for some reason I was still able to start TS4 and play offline. Origin asked for my password, and even though it was offline, the game was playable. Isn't it wonderful? I always though that when or if times would be so hard financially that I couldn't afford an internet connection the game would then be off limits.

Comments

• SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    This is how I play. I live in an area of the Appalachian Mountains that internet is nearly inaccessible. When I update my game it takes forever. The best internet I can get is old broadband through phone lines with those filter things plugged in the phone jacks. When I installed the BG it took nearly 24hrs. Seriously. The toddler update + Vampires took about 10 hrs on release day.
    You can play offline for so long, I think around a month. Then you can't log in origin anymore and have to go online. That's the only down side. I have to travel an hour and a half to get to internet. So sometimes im stuck not being able to log in and play for a week or more.
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 908 Member
    This is how I play. I live in an area of the Appalachian Mountains that internet is nearly inaccessible. When I update my game it takes forever. The best internet I can get is old broadband through phone lines with those filter things plugged in the phone jacks. When I installed the BG it took nearly 24hrs. Seriously. The toddler update + Vampires took about 10 hrs on release day.
    You can play offline for so long, I think around a month. Then you can't log in origin anymore and have to go online. That's the only down side. I have to travel an hour and a half to get to internet. So sometimes im stuck not being able to log in and play for a week or more.

That sounds horrible, I didn't know there was a limit to how long you could play offline. :(

Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member

That sounds horrible, I didn't know there was a limit to how long you could play offline. :(

Yeah when I'm on the forums I'm always on the phone. It's not that bad just inconvenient. I could get a satellite service but they are crazy expensive. But regular fiber obtic and wifi it doesn't exist here.

I'm not sure why the limited the time offline. The first time it happened, it scared me to death. I thought something was very wrong.
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited June 2017
    Off topic, but I'm curious : would you trade all that nature and privacy and tranquility and probably a spectacular view for a small apartment in a big metropolis with every service and accommodation you could think of? If you asked me to trade places with you I would be tempted to do it, believe it or not.
  • justian31justian31 Posts: 1 New Member
    i'm CLEARLY on the internet but origin keeps saying i'm offline. i can still play the game but i'm afraid i won't get the update (roofs and gardening), can someone help?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    justian31 wrote: »
    i'm CLEARLY on the internet but origin keeps saying i'm offline. i can still play the game but i'm afraid i won't get the update (roofs and gardening), can someone help?

Hello
    Try coming out of the game. Shut down your computer completely. Then restart the computer, log into Origin, right click on the Sims 4 picture in Games Library, and check for updates. Then update your game.