Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why doesn't Season pre-orders get 3 day early access like Fifa 19, BF5, ect?

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
This annoys me, whats the point of pre-ordering a Sims product if there is ZERO bonus in doing so - which is to say pre-ordering Fifa 19 and Battlefield 5 grants you 3 day early access to the games before the official launch date (so technically on tuesday instead of friday).

I guess its my mistake for pre-ordering and assuming I would get early access because I assumed like all EA's other products Seasons pre-orders would grant early access.

Apparently not, apparently the only people that get early access to Sims titles are "game changers" which are like youtubers and reviewers FOR FREE - although not actual review websites like IGN or gamespot?! Okay...

I don't know why they give "game changers" free copies and not pre-orders. Its not like you have to sell us on it, we already pre-ordered it! They aren't "changing" my opinion lol...I've already given you money!

Honestly if there is no point in pre-ordering Sims products that don't offer early access unlike other EA products, I might as well just cancel my pre-order and wait 3 months for Seasons to go on sale for half price like every other expansion. Obviously I want to play it so I won't but this really urks me.

So lame. But hey at least some random person on twitch gets to play it for free 3 days early while I spent $50 to wait until the weekend to play it...

Well at least I have Jurassic World to play...

Thanks EA.

If you feel the same way, speak up below and maybe a guro will take notice/spread the message. Then maybe EA will grant future Sims pre-ordered products early access like every other game they sell.

Comments

• Options
    HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    Your comparing dlc against a actual game.
    No such thing as early access for dlc, sorry simmer.
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    I guess its my mistake for pre-ordering and assuming I would get early access because I assumed like all EA's other products Seasons pre-orders would grant early access.

To be honest it kind of is, that's an odd assumption to make for a sims DLC
    Apparently not, apparently the only people that get early access to Sims titles are "game changers" which are like youtubers and reviewers FOR FREE - although not actual review websites like IGN or gamespot?! Okay...

I don't know why they give "game changers" free copies and not pre-orders. Its not like you have to sell us on it, we already pre-ordered it! They aren't "changing" my opinion lol...I've already given you money!

So lame. But hey at least some random person on twitch gets to play it for free 3 days early while I spent $50 to wait until the weekend to play it...

Keep in mind that although those people get the game early "for free", they are also forced to promote it as that's part of their job and it's what they make a living doing. It's not as free as you might think.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I agree that there is no point in pre-ordering.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Really? You don't want to get early access for pre-ordering the game? You'd rather wait and not feel like your getting something extra for pre-ordering?
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Wait are you being serious here right now?

I should feel bad for them for being "forced" to play games and getting paid for it plus free content!?

Wait, what?

Are you being serious? Because to me there's a very clear difference between being able to buy a game and play it on my own terms and in my own leisure, as opposed to having a financial obligation to play it.
    Its seems so far the argument here is that early access isn't really something you guys want for reasons or excuses listed above?

Really? You don't want to get early access for pre-ordering the game? You'd rather wait and not feel like your getting something extra for pre-ordering?

Ok...

Where was that said exactly?
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    BigCatlover26BigCatlover26 Posts: 215 Member
    This was my first time pre-ordering the game and the only reason why I did it was because of my money situation. I don’t exactly know when I’m going to have the extra money. So when I did have the money I brought it so I can play with it.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited June 2018
    Ok @TOLKIEN, let's take care to be polite to each other if this is a conversation you'd like to have please. Not everyone will agree on points but disagreeing isn't grounds to be rude or aggressive. I've removed some posts and will be keeping an eye out from here but hopefully there'll be no need and folks can be respectful towards each other.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Cupid wrote: »
    Its seems so far the argument here is that early access isn't really something you guys want for reasons or excuses listed above?

Ok...

In that the first two response to my post are basically indirectly excusing EA for not providing early access codes to pre-orders "because reasons" and then seeing people liking the comments.

Plus I'd argue that expansion packs aren't just DLC, at one time you could only buy expansion packs on store shelves and its not like we are buying a skin or digital loot pack here...
  • Options
    EA_Lanna wrote: »
    Ok @TOLKIEN, let's take care to be polite to each other if this is a conversation you'd like to have please. Not everyone will agree on points but disagreeing isn't grounds to be rude or aggressive. I've removed some posts and will be keeping an eye out from here but hopefully there'll be no need and folks can be respectful towards each other from here on.

Meh your right, I'm just annoyed that I don't get early access for spending $50 CAD.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Ok...

In that the first two response to my post are basically indirectly excusing EA for not providing early access codes to pre-orders "because reasons" and then seeing people liking the comments.

Plus I'd argue that expansion packs aren't just DLC, at one time you could only buy expansion packs on store shelves and its not like we are buying a skin or digital loot pack here...

"Basically indirectly"... but when was it actually said? Otherwise it's just another assumption.

What I did say was that I thought it was a bit silly that you expected early access when it was never promised to you and has never been done before for an expansion in this game, and I thought your attitude towards the game-changers was uncalled for. Yet I never made any disagreement with the idea that preordering as it stands is useless. In fact, I'm pretty sure I posted that myself somewhere about a month ago.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Ok...

"Basically indirectly"... but when was it actually said? Otherwise it's just another assumption.

What I did say was that I thought it was a bit silly that you expected early access when it was never promised to you and has never been done before for an expansion in this game, and I thought your attitude towards the game-changers was uncalled for. Yet I never made any disagreement with the idea that preordering as it stands is useless. In fact, I'm pretty sure I posted that myself somewhere about a month ago.

I think my issue about early access honestly stems from the fact that for the longest time all new releases of game titles took place on tuesdays, expansion packs included. Then EA introduced their early access pre-orders and offered 3 day early access - but they did this by pushing the release date back to fridays.

So basically for years I've been used to playing new games or picking them up on tuesdays, as many companies still do such as Blizzard AND case in point their next expansion pack aka DLC Battle for Azeroth is being released on a tuesday like always. But EA has instead of granting early access 3 days earlier (say the friday before) have pushed back their release dates to the following friday.

As its been noted this isn't a full game release, it doesn't get an early release though. So indirectly because of blizzards change to release dates based on early access pre-order promotions we now have to wait 3 extra days for "other types" of content like expansion packs.

I just feel like if your going to offer a pre-order bonus especially for expensive products like this then it should be offered to all other products sold as pre-orders. Otherwise whats the point? Your just making the community suffer because of a change of release dates due to EA early access promotions.
  • Options
    Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    yep theres no point in pre ordering it. youtubers can have early access to the game but they're now allowed to give their true opinion.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited June 2018
    You cannot get upset when others do agree with your opinion. It's a public forum and you asked for opinions. Sometimes it's best to agree to disagree.
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    There is really no point to preordering. The only reason I do is because the games usually release at midnight for me and I can't be trusted to input the right credit card details in the wee hours of the morning without losing my temper and throwing the computer out the window. I like to wake up, download the game and play.

That's my choice but I kind of feel like a little more research on your part, even 5 minutes worth, would have saved you the aggravation. Because it's not like they lied to you. This is how EA operates The Sims 4.

My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I personally don't see the reason to pre-order, so I don't. I use to in Sims 3, because there was some content added for those who did.
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    edited June 2018
    I’m not sure if sims ever had any type of early access benefit for pre ordering, OP. They used to have exclusive content, but not anymore (at least they haven’t for awhile). Sorry you were disappointed, good reminder to always do your research. We’re all super excited, Friday will be here soon!

I’m not really sure why there is so much debate on pre ordering, honestly. It’s just a matter or do you want to spend money now, or later. This is the first pack I’ve preordered, I only did because I was excited.

Removed reference to removed post. - EA_Cian

Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    I preorder because I like not having to make an extra trip to the store. When I wake up or when I get home my game is there waiting for me to play whenever I’m ready. No lines, no traffic, no extra trips.

I preorder because I can pay for it when I have the money. So if a release falls on an “off week” (aka a week I don’t get paid) I don’t have to worry about keeping so much aside or making sure all my necessary bills are covered. It’s paid for and out of the way.

I preorder so that I’m guaranteed a copy. With big selling games it used to be so frustrating getting to the store to find out they were sold out. Even though these are digital downloads, I’ve just been in the habit of preordering to avoid this since the Sims 3 days. I do it for console games too. Preordering is just a guarantee that I’ll have my copy on release day, no later.

Some people may see no point/benefit to preordering but I do. And as nice as free/bonus content sounds, I know for me personally I hardly use any of the preorder content I received in Sims 3. Haven’t used the Ice Bar once...the pet shop was pointless...the Sunflower with Supernatural dropping sun everywhere was annoying. I’d rather they use their time and effort toward content for the pack I’m paying $40 for, not bonus preorder stuff that I’m essentially still paying $40 for since I wouldn’t get it without preordering.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I agree. I don't understand what the point of pre-ordering is. You should get some kind of bonus if you pre order.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2018
    Don't think it's ever been a thing though to even play any preordered Sims DLC early before release?

For me like any pre-orders I might want to pay for it while I have the money on hand and get it out of the way. Never really expect any bonus for preordering early though I think there's been what like 10% off through amazon and such at best? Same when I go to GameStop and might preorder certain game because I pay fora little or all of it as I go to get it out of the way.

Which is usually 7 dollars or less worth of value. (Plushie, tarot cards, baseball cap, decal for DS etc.) Sometimes preorders have some incentive and sometimes they don't. Yeah, seeing certain freebies depending might give me even more reason to preorder, but given this is something I've been waiting on for a long time I'm definitely getting it.

Welp, it's in the name Game Changers.

This particular pack they were definitely rushed and had to record what footage they could since they only had a certain amount of time. Definitely not at their complete leisure, considering a majority of them released their footage yesterday when they were 'allowed' to and at a certain time at that. I personally don't want to feel rushed as much as I appreciate some of them bringing that content most want to be spoiled on.

Game Changers do overviews of packs and break things down for others that look at their videos. I mean, it's not like they're not getting them for 'free' they're pretty much working for it since it's what they do. It's pretty much like advertisement for the game.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    samsimssamsims Posts: 56 Member
    Let's be real, all pre-ordering means is that I want it and let me buy it while I have the money. ;)
    Have a Bless day. Hugs and hugs
  • Options
    chrissramionchrissramion Posts: 50 Member
    I just preorder to get the first step up and done with... lol
  • Options
    KayosCatalystKayosCatalyst Posts: 313 Member
    I do think if they offer a pre-order there should be early access with it like other games, I do understand that it is just a DLC but it is a DLC that does have an early access period for the "game changers", so really I think that pre-orders should come with early access. If not they don't want to gives us that they should have no early access period at all and just give "game changers" a free copy that released the same day, hey they don't have to pay for it so either way they benefit.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    @TOLKIEN I want you to understand how pre-orders works it gives the authorization to charge your card at a later date when it comes out they don't charge your card until the game releases.

The EA never did give preorder incentives that was something the stores worked with EA to provide to compete with the other stores with TS3 before origin, but it wasn't very effective in TS3. I think you do get something from pre-ordering the EP first ones to download it, or higher access on the download list when released, but that is it.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    @TOLKIEN I want you to understand how pre-orders works it gives the authorization to charge your card at a later date when it comes out they don't charge your card until the game releases.

Depends on when you pre-ordered, if its 2 weeks to release you will be charged as I was. I say this because my credit card was full charged and the funds had been removed by Origin on June 1st. I contacted EA support to be sure and they told me that my credit card has been already charged and the product unlocked on my account. They re-affirmed that it was a charge and not just an authorization on their end.

Apparently it depends on when you pre-order/how close to release, if you pre-order today you will be charged.

As for incentives which has been brought up here a few times, I'm not talking about incenstives or limited editions as with the Sims 3 - but EA's CURRENT early access program for pre-orders which effects all their new products or as it is, indirectly as with the Sims 4 seasons.

OH well at least "game changers" get to play for free, to bad they don't give early access codes to the modders. I could care less about watching the sims on twitch (its soooo boring to watch) but the modding community could really use early access to get their mods up to snuff.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    There are two reasons why I preorder -- either I get stuff for it, or I get to participate in a beta for it. Honestly, I don't mind waiting a few days after release to see gameplay before buying a game so there really has to be a tangible reward of some kind for me to preorder.