Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will my laptop be able to handle cats and dogs?

I'm currently playing on laptop mode with low settings, so my game runs perfectly. I just want to know whether my laptop would physically get fried if I install cats and dogs, because my previous computer broke because I played on maximum settings. This, however, was a much less advanced laptop. I'm not concerned about it running optimally, I just want to be able to play it without breaking my PC.

My specs are:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.17 GHz
Installed RAM: 8GB
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Thank you :)

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    Hello
    Could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Do you know your make and model laptop? Given the lower end processor I suspect you have a video card that is integrated with the processor. These kinds of laptops are not designed to run 3d games like the sims. When you have an underpowered computer and you force it to play games like the sims, you always risk ruining the laptop or shortening the lifespan of the laptop. This is with or without you adding C & D. What your running on that laptop right now can ruin the laptop. This game requires a mid range gaming desktop. Laptop hardware is weaker than desktop hardware . You need a more powerful gaming laptop to equal the game's requirements on desktop

• Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    @rosemow I see we posted at the same time :)

@Louise_G0325 as I suspected your laptop is under requirements. Playing this game on it is a risk of damaging that laptop. There is no way for us to tell you if the game has already done damage and will it do damage in the future. It;s a risk. You can play in windowed mode, lower the in game resolution, check off laptop mode, play at low settings . All this will take stress off your laptop. Remove CC and mods. This will make the game play worse and put more stress on your laptop. Own a laptop cooling pad if you don't own one. Ideal would be to own a computer that meets requirements.

I don't know how well or badly your laptop will run C & D. EA does not give refunds on EPs if you can't play it or it causes more issues to your game. Every time you add more and more to this game, the game will become more demanding to a computer. To keep adding to this game , you need a computer that meets recommended requirements
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    @phoebebebe13 Thank you for the help :)

I understand. I am currently not really buying more stuff in fear of my laptop breaking, so I guess that I'll have to wait until I get a better one. The current sale just made me really want to get it :sweat:

Thank you again! Have a nice day x
    Your very welcome. If you don't buy it now , I'm sure there will be other sales. If you buy it now and it does not work for you , you have it for when you get a better computer
  • Ninarose0Ninarose0 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! I'm a new member so I can't make a thread. Can someone please help me with this problem? When I bought cats and dogs and went into Create a Pet I was not able to create a dog without my game crashing. I'm scared that specific seasons could crash my game like creating a dog did. Here is a dxdiag h.t.t.p.s://pastebin.com/nkAVUTbE
    Ninarose0 wrote: »
    Hello! I'm a new member so I can't make a thread. Can someone please help me with this problem? When I bought cats and dogs and went into Create a Pet I was not able to create a dog without my game crashing. I'm scared that specific seasons could crash my game like creating a dog did. Here is a dxdiag https://pastebin.com/nkAVUTbE

Hello @Ninarose0
    You haven’t posted all the DXDiag info , to pastebin . Could you please post all the infornation to pastebin and then link it here again?
    I am sorry though but by looking at your processor, it doesn’t meet the recommended requirements to run the game and packs , and with your computer crashing with Cats and Dogs ep, you may also have the same issues with Seasons :( I am so sorry :(
    You also have less than 4gb of Ram for the game and computer to use. You may also have an integrated processor video graphics card. It would be using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer. These things can cause crashing issues.
    If you have another computer it would be best to play on that if it is has higher computer specifications.
  • Ninarose0Ninarose0 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Ninarose0 wrote: »
    >
    > Hello! I'm a new member so I can't make a thread. Can someone please help me with this problem? When I bought cats and dogs and went into Create a Pet I was not able to create a dog without my game crashing. I'm scared that specific seasons could crash my game like creating a dog did. Here is a dxdiag h.t.t.p.s://pastebin.com/nkAVUTbE
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Ninarose0
    > You haven’t posted all the DXDiag info , to pastebin . Could you please post all the infornation to pastebin and then link it here again?
    > I am sorry though but by looking at your processor, it doesn’t meet the recommended requirements to run the game and packs , and with your computer crashing with Cats and Dogs ep, you may also have the same issues with Seasons :( I am so sorry :(
    > You also have less than 4gb of Ram for the game and computer to use. You may also have an integrated processor video graphics card. It would be using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer. These things can cause crashing issues.
    > If you have another computer it would be best to play on that if it is has higher computer specifications.

I'm just going to hope that it doesn't crash. I've been waiting for seasons for what seems like forever! I'd hate to not be able to play it. :disappointed:
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > Hello! I'm a new member so I can't make a thread. Can someone please help me with this problem? When I bought cats and dogs and went into Create a Pet I was not able to create a dog without my game crashing. I'm scared that specific seasons could crash my game like creating a dog did. Here is a dxdiag h.t.t.p.s://pastebin.com/nkAVUTbE
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Ninarose0
    > You haven’t posted all the DXDiag info , to pastebin . Could you please post all the infornation to pastebin and then link it here again?
    > I am sorry though but by looking at your processor, it doesn’t meet the recommended requirements to run the game and packs , and with your computer crashing with Cats and Dogs ep, you may also have the same issues with Seasons :( I am so sorry :(
    > You also have less than 4gb of Ram for the game and computer to use. You may also have an integrated processor video graphics card. It would be using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer. These things can cause crashing issues.
    > If you have another computer it would be best to play on that if it is has higher computer specifications.

I'm just going to hope that it doesn't crash. I've been waiting for seasons for what seems like forever! I'd hate to not be able to play it. :disappointed:

Not being able to do dogs in CAS is a common sign of a computer that's well under requirements for the game. Seasons is going to also be hard on computers. If you are going to continue to play on that system, please be aware that it could result in damage to your computer. Consider at least starting to save for a higher-end replacement, especially if it's a laptop you need for school or work.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    I'm currently playing on laptop mode with low settings, so my game runs perfectly. I just want to know whether my laptop would physically get fried if I install cats and dogs, because my previous computer broke because I played on maximum settings. This, however, was a much less advanced laptop. I'm not concerned about it running optimally, I just want to be able to play it without breaking my PC.

My specs are:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.17 GHz
    Installed RAM: 8GB
    System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Thank you :)

Should have no problem I run lap top with 1.40 ghz 8 gig ram only setting that is set to high is my Sim detail game lags a bit with a lot of sims around and sound skips. some times
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Ninarose0

Hello.
    Seasons may cause you Issues, just like Cats and Dogs did. If you decide now or into the future that you would like to buy a new computer that can handle the game and packs, you can post on a thread here in the Tech section and simmers will offer help and suggestions about a capable computer.
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    what also helps is in game options under game play (i think) click the lap top mode box it sets most of the stuff to medium the Sims them selves take the most to run especially if you use cc clothes and hair I run my sims on high reflections high but the rest is medium
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)