Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I transfer Sims 4 files to another account?

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm fairly new to the forums, but I have an issue that more involves my Origin account, but I want to save my Sims 4. When I tried to log into Origin, it kicked me out of my account and I cannot remember my password or the email I used. It's a disaster. I was wondering if I could make a new Origin account and transfer my save files and expansions to the new account, or if that would be impossible and I have to find a way to log in again.
Thanks!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hello
    You are unable to transfer your sims 4 base game or packs to another new origin account. The base game and packs are registered to one origin account, and you would need to pay for them all again to use them in a new origin account.
    It may be best to be in touch with EA Help and explain your situation to them. They may be able to help you. Try making sure that you have information details of when you bought the game and packs,and the product codes, for when you discuss the issue with EA Help
    https://help.ea.com/
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited June 2018
    You cannot transfer any official content - ie games or packs to a new origin account. You can however, transfer your saves, since those are saved on your computer and not linked to an Origin account for Sims 4. I believe your library content is also saved on your computer, rather than being linked to your Origin account. So if worst came to worst and you repurchased everything again, you would have your saves, custom content, and library content still available to you if you backed it up. However, it should not have to come to that...there should be a way to recover your password with the email you signed up on Origin with. If you don't remember which email you used, check all the email accounts you currently have for the password reset message. As long as it is an email address you still have access to, you should be able to reset the password.

PS - be sure to check the Spam folder, sometimes reset messages end up there.

Instructions for backing up on a PC: go to the Documents folder, then to Electronic Arts, then make a copy of the Sims 4 folder you find there. Your library files can be found in the Tray folder. Your custom content and mods should be in the Mods folder. Your saves are in the saves and SavedSimSInfoData folders. You can also add your own music to the game by adding it to the radio station listed in one of the folders under Custom Music (works with mp3 files under 20 minutes long only).
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.