We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Decaying toilet need wakes up my sims!

Does anyone else have this issue? My sims' toilet need decays so rapidly that even if I get them to go to the toilet just before going to sleep, there's always at least one that wakes up at a ridiculous time to go to the toilet. I'm playing a legacy family with 7 sims from three generations in the house right now and at the moment I spend a lot of time trying to get them all to stay asleep until at least 6am. They wake up for hygiene needs decaying quickly too. I wish we had the option from Sims 3 to stay asleep until... That was really useful! At the moment my sims are getting up way too early meaning they're tired when they come back from work or school. With this many sims I find that I am pretty much stuck to the house with all their decaying needs. The option to go off with one sim while the others look after themselves doesn't work too well either as I had my young adult sim go out for the evening, come back at 2am and everyone was still up (including two children) with several of their bars in the red.

Comments

• CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    My Sim only wakes up when the toilet need hits critical red color - she'll happily sleep through yellow of most bars and pretty far into red for hygiene as well.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited September 2014
    My sims sometimes wake up to use the washroom. I'm so glad they do! LOL

I don't find it to be problematic though. It's usually because they went to bed without the normal bedtime routine of tooth brushing, peeing, etc.

P.S. Something else is going wrong for you, as you mentioned your sims doing the bedtime routine... Do kids have more wake-ups than the adults?? I only have one family with kids.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Unless your Sim is pregnant, the bladder need should be fine for an entire night of sleep IF you use the toilet within the few hours before sending the Sim to bed. Use it even if they don't need it yet, before they go to sleep. You know...like most normal people do irl.

In my game my sims only use the toilet twice a day. I don't "wait until the need is yellow/red", I have them use it when they first wake up and then again at some convenient point between dinner and bed time. Just like real life, if you have using the toilet something you have your Sims do when it is a convenient time, it prevents the need from getting in the way when it is not a convenient time.

If your sim is pregnant though, all bets are off. That bladder goes all wacky on pregnant sims.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Phoenix1255Phoenix1255 Posts: 167 Member
    This is might be unrelated, but just once I wish my sims could fall asleep on the toilet.
  • Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    Steel bladders for everybody!
  • ProximProxim Posts: 189 Member
    My elder sim wakes up in the middle of the night and heads for bathroom every second day. Younger ones don't have their sleep disturbed, unless they fall asleep with their bladder bar already halfway down.

What I find unrealistic is that low hygiene does the same. I don't know anyone who would wake up because of being smelly. When I'm tired and I fall asleep, I can be really dirty and I won't care in the slightest. Not that I wouldn't shower every evening if possible, but sometimes you go camping or something like that and you can't avoid getting smelly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BeastiephileBeastiephile Posts: 56 Member
    It doesn't bother me, since that's what happens IRL. If my sim has to wake up to use the bathroom in the night, I just send him right back to bed when he's done. It doesn't interrupt his sleep for too long.
  • wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    I only have that problem on pregnant Sims, even with going to the bathroom right before bed, same with hungry for pregnant Sims but I suppose that is probably like RL (I have never been pregnant but from what i've heard..). On non pregnant Sims though as long as you have them use the bathroom before bed, like normal people do in RL, they should sleep through the night just fine.

Why low hygiene wakes them up is beyond me, that makes no sense but hygiene usually isn't a problem for my Sims. Shower once a day, at the same time like upon waking up or before bed, seems to work just fine. Though I imagine if they workout a lot they will need more showers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Decaying toilet needs wake me up all the time. Oh, wait, we're talking Sims ....
  • ShuffleJShuffleJ Posts: 273 Member
    Yep. I have the same problem. It also means they don't get a full night sleep. Very annoying. My Sim are "young adults" - waking up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet shouldn't happen until they're elders...if they want to get real about it.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, OP, I did not have this problem, as a matter of fact they kept sleeping though they were uncomfortable. I had to get them up to use the bathroom since they no longer get up at a set time automatically. They keep on sleeping even when not lazy.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    ShuffleJ wrote: »
    Yep. I have the same problem. It also means they don't get a full night sleep. Very annoying. My Sim are "young adults" - waking up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet shouldn't happen until they're elders...if they want to get real about it.

Has nothing to do with age, I beg your pardon, :D it has to do with how much liquid you consume, milk and soda and water are the worst for filling the bladder fast, and the function of the kidney is too low on the scale. Milk may make you go sooner than a soda.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    They do. It's better they do that than wake up in the morning and pee their pants as soon as they stand up I think.
  • JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
    Toilets are op.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I always make the go to the bathroom before going to bed. they then sleep through the night. Stop all the drinks, it causes weight gain anyway.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    The only time I have an issue with a sim getting up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom is when I've forgotten to send them right before bed, or with pregnant sims. Every sim I had that was pregnant always had to get up mid-way thru the night to go to the bathroom.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • 2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    Only when it's red but i quite like this as it is pretty realistic.
    My origin id is sim2011
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    I have an elder sim in my game now and her bladder decays pretty fast. I have to be sure to send her to the bathroom before bed no matter what because her bladder is almost a fast a pregnant sim.
  • Simslover13Simslover13 Posts: 11 New Member
    I have a toddler and her sleeping meter goes down twice as fast as her twin brother. I even reset all there needs and it's still the same. Please help me!
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Basically if you have a healthy non-pregnant Sim older than Toddler, as long as your bladder need is at 80% (or so) or higher, you SHOULD be able to sleep all night.

A few things might screw with this:

1. Pregnancy.
    2. Curses.
    3. A VERY bad bed so you're not fully rested at 6AM.

That's all I can think of.
    Pregnant Sims, toddlers and babies have more... annoying bladder habits.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top