Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to move in an NPC?

2...Next

Comments

• Geshisa47Geshisa47 Posts: 60 Member
    He have no grey hair at all .. but no options have arise to move in or to marry him either.
    TTKIncorporated
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    He have no grey hair at all .. but no options have arise to move in or to marry him either.

Hello
    The sim may be married in another simmer’s game, which would prevent him from moving in or marrying your sim.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    The sim may be married in another simmer’s game, which would prevent him from moving in or marrying your sim.

@rosemow if it is an NPC they should be able to add the sim. There are bugs on this issue with NPC in the origin forum. I was also advised even if a sim is married in one player's game, the sim can also marry in another players game. I would love for EA to clarify this issue. If the sim is owned by another player it would have a plumbob over it's head. If you make an NPC playable they should get a plumbob over heir head when they are added to a game as playable
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member

Hello

@rosemow if it is an NPC they should be able to add the sim. There are bugs on this issue with NPC in the origin forum. I was also advised even if a sim is married in one player's game, the sim can also marry in another players game. I would love for EA to clarify this issue. If the sim is owned by another player it would have a plumbob over it's head. If you make an NPC playable they should get a plumbob over heir head when they are added to a game as playable

I think that there may have been changes made from when the game was first released world wide. At the start of the world wide release , it was posted on the EA forums that married NPC sims that belong to another simmer couldn’t marry another simmer’s sim, but it sounds like this has now been changed. It may have been fixed in a recent patch.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Hello

I think that there may have been changes made from when the game was first released world wide. At the start of the world wide release , it was posted on the EA forums that married NPC sims that belong to another simmer couldn’t marry another simmer’s sim, but it sounds like this has now been changed. It may have been fixed in a recent patch.

If a simmer has their sim marry an NPC and move them in, that sim should now gain a plumbob , Just like the PC game. You move an NPC in, the sim becomes playable. Why would a player marry an NPC and not move them in? I have my sim engaged to an NPC, I have no slots to move him in.I wont do the marriage unless I can move him in. If an NPC is taken they should give him/her a plumbob . Thats crazy if an NPC can get married but not move in, there is no way for other players to know if that NPC is already married. This again just causes more game issues with relationships. If they have no way to fix this, they should keep romantic relationships to player made owned sims only. Let NPC be NPC and only have friendships with other player's sims.
  • Tiffany562411Tiffany562411 Posts: 278 Member
    edited October 2018
    Is there away to move in a npc without a romantic relationship & no marriage but only on friendly relationship.
    I'm tired of seeing the same npc's that are immortal & I want to 💀 retire ☠ the npc's I hate! 🙂
  • KyJynKyJyn Posts: 1 New Member
    Ok so I married an NPC and was struggling to figure out how to make him playable after I married him and had a free slot. Then I tried clicking the family pic in the home like someone said to do and then after clicking the pic you can click on the NPC and press play...boom they are playable
  • VermilionSphereVermilionSphere Posts: 114 Member
    I found the answer to my problem they can still get married and have babies without getting married you just have to click on the wedding arch or the bassinet..but yeah they can't move in until you freeup a slot

they can get married but are not able to move in ! wow
  • BelLamelasBelLamelas Posts: 38 New Member
    They can’t move in, and the other player’s sims almost neve can because of the owners, so we always have to get married...