Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving Roommate Out?

KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
I never really wanted a roommate but took one in during the tutorial. Now I want to move him out, but I don't see a way to do that. And yes, I searched for an answer here but can't find it.
Has anyone successfully booted their roommate?

Comments

• EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    The roommate is basically your 2nd Sims and you can't fully get rid of them.

However, you can head back to CAS and fully redo their looks, gender and name. They will keep whatever progress they have made in their career, hobby and relationships. This includes the relationship story with your original/main Sims.

You can also just play with that Sim until they are ready to retire (you need to reach level 16 before you can retire Sims) or hope another player asks them to move in :wink:

-Mage
  • KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    Thanks. It's kind of disappointing because I'd like to move people out of the household. My Sim is romancing someone else and it will be awkward to have him move in too.
  • OffaOffa Posts: 4 New Member
    If you click on the family portrait you can make SIMS move out.
  • Xiomara_MarciasXiomara_Marcias Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="Offa;c-16412293"]If you click on the family portrait you can make SIMS move out.[/quote]

THANK YOU!! I came here looking for the answer on how to make my now-grown son playable. I could not for the life of me figure it out, LOL!
  • Happylife2801Happylife2801 Posts: 3 New Member
    How if we want other sims to move in our house? My sims’ have been married to another sims and and want his wife to move in our house, it said the relationship should be until level 8 i reached it already but then when i click ‘ask to move in’ it said again ‘the house hold is full.’
    Anybody can solve this? Thank you so much
  • Kat9887Kat9887 Posts: 9 New Member
    Will you still see sims when the move out? I have two retired sims in my house right now but they keep hanging out in the bathroom so now my current gen can’t use the shower or toilet.

But i’m also afraid to move the elders out if they won’t be seen again..
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Kat9887 wrote: »
    Will you still see sims when the move out? I have two retired sims in my house right now but they keep hanging out in the bathroom so now my current gen can’t use the shower or toilet.

But i’m also afraid to move the elders out if they won’t be seen again..

Hello @Kat9887
    After a few days has passed since you have retired your sims, an icon will appear over their heads. When you click on that, they will say goodbye and will completely disappear from the game.
  • Geshisa47Geshisa47 Posts: 60 Member
    I have a sim in a relationship with a game sim who is the club owner in the sims mobile game. They completed their story, but I don't see the option for him to move into the house. I was told that the request should come when they are on level 8, and I am way past that. How can I add him to the house even thou I have 4 playable sims active now?
    TTKIncorporated
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2018
    @TTKINCORPORATED
    If all your slots are full, you have to retire a sim to move another sim in. You can only have four active sims. Also is the sim your trying to move in an npc sim or does another player own the sim? If another player owns the sim, you need the player's permission to have the sim move in your game. When you ask another player for their sim , that player looses their sim from their game to add to your game should they permit you to move their sim in your game. It is best to stay away from getting your sims involved with other player's sims unless you discuss before hand and they agree to give their sim away. If they are not willing to give you their sim, you can not move their sim in your game.
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    I'm glad to know someone asked about moving unwanted sims out as I ran into this problem as well and have been wondering the same thing!