Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Talk About The Calendar: Full Pic Of Calendar Added

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
edited March 6 in Nominated Threads
To kick things off, one of the most significant features of this expansion pack is the calendar.
So, let's talk about it! The calendar includes all upcoming holidays. Each one includes traditions
to complete that make progress toward your Sim having an awesome time celebrating. Plus,
predicted weather conditions can help Sims plan ahead. You'll also see the schedule of your
Sim's household while checking out the calendar, including when they have to go to work.
And to make even more planning possible, Sims' birthdays will be featured on the calendar.
Pop open some nectar (for New Year's, that is) because all this and more will be in one place.
Now that's an organized Sims game.

How do you think this is going to work?

I have a feeling it's going to have a major effect on gameplay. Similar to the group feature in Get To Work.

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    This sounds exciting! I wonder if my sims will have birthdays on the calendar if I play with aging off?
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    Do you think it will be a board we can hang like the Family Bulletin Board from Parenthood or will they add a new icon like the Club icon from Get Together?
  • Options
    teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    So it sounds like the events listed in the previous blog to get ready for the Fall Harvest(forgot what it was called) are sort of pre-reqs/goals leading up the the event. So it would more of an event planning feature then just a calendar. If so, it seems like it's going to be awesome! I'm looking forward to it!
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I wonder how the birthdays will work? Actually I guess it'll just be whatever day they're supposed to age up on, wherever that happens to land seasonally. Makes me wish Zodiac signs made a return! Calendar sounds like it'll definitely be helpful in keeping track of stuff.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited June 2018
    Do you think it will be a board we can hang like the Family Bulletin Board from Parenthood or will they add a new icon like the Club icon from Get Together?
    No doubt that it’ll be like the one from parenthood. Just recolor it and add different options.
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member

For a moment I thought "OH I hope it is an object!"

Then, wait, no never mind. My sims are obsessed with the Family Bulletin Board. I don't need something else that they refuse to leave alone! :D
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I wonder how the birthdays will work? Actually I guess it'll just be whatever day they're supposed to age up on, wherever that happens to land seasonally. Makes me wish Zodiac signs made a return! Calendar sounds like it'll definitely be helpful in keeping track of stuff.

You could always play with aging off then age sims on whatever day they were born.

E.G, Born on Day 3 Sum, Y1 - ages to Toddler on Day 3 Sum, Y2 and to Child on Day 3 Sum, Y8
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    No doubt that it’ll be like the one from parenthood. Just recolor it and add different options.

Maybe they'll give us a new style of family noticeboard, and add both Seasons and Parenthood functionality to both.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

You could always play with aging off then age sims on whatever day they were born.

E.G, Born on Day 3 Sum, Y1 - ages to Toddler on Day 3 Sum, Y2 and to Child on Day 3 Sum, Y8

Now I wonder if the calendar will keep track on how many years you play (how many full season cycles have past). It'd be pretty cool!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It could be on your sims phone like ours are.
  • Options
    I could sure use that calendar right now. My sims needs to throw a dinner party and I keep forgetting. Planning is hard when you're raising three toddlers. :p Hopefully I'll be able to get rid of all these little scraps of paper I use to remind me of things I need to do.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    It could be on your sims phone like ours are.

Good idea. My family shares a calendar on our phones so we know what everyone else has planned.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    This is huge!
    0KtaNGv.jpg[/spolier]

YES!! I can't count how many invites I've had to decline because my sim was right in the middle of something else. Hopefully it applies to that also.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    This is huge!
    0KtaNGv.jpg[/spolier]
    We've never been able to do that before. Even in prior installments we had to plan the event in the same 24 hour period. You can schedule your wedding, your dinner party, your birthday weeks in advance.
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    The calendar definitely sounds interesting. It would be awesome if they integrated the calendar with the random pop-up calls....as there's' several times my Sims get calls to go out & I'd love them to but have to deny as they are busy with something else. It would be cool to be able to schedule those.

I'm not the micro-managing type of player, but I can totally see the calendar being useful in my Save for the 100 Baby Challenge....knowing when their birthdays & doing some pre-planning sounds great.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I know! I can almost not contain myself in regards to my excitement about this pack! Sims 4 is about to come alive!
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    This is huge!
    0KtaNGv.jpg[/spolier]
    We've never been able to do that before. Even in prior installments we had to plan the event in the same 24 hour period. You can schedule your wedding, your dinner party, your birthday weeks in advance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top