Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STOP PUSHING RETIREMENT!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    Same thing happened to me today. My sims energy has run out and I pressed retire by accident! It constantly says he’s ready to retire but I’m not. Now he’s gone
  • FebreezySeaFebreezySea Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes, the recurring retire option is annoying... I plan on never retiring my main... I just don’t want her to become unplayable. Not sure the heirloom would be worth it.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    needless to say for me this was a deal breaker. i haven't been interested in playing since my sim was forced to retire. i'm not even playing the easter egg hunt. i'll follow and if anything interesting comes up that may bring me back. i hope you all continue to enjoy
  • Tiffany562411Tiffany562411 Posts: 278 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    needless to say for me this was a deal breaker. i haven't been interested in playing since my sim was forced to retire. i'm not even playing the easter egg hunt. i'll follow and if anything interesting comes up that may bring me back. i hope you all continue to enjoy

I'm so sorry. Did u accidentally retire your sim due to the retire pop up? If u did it's EA's fault cause anybody could do that accidentally cause the retire thing pops up unexpectedly & also if that's what happened contact EA & tell them about it & about how your feeling
    Stop pushing retirement

I'm talking to all of y'all.
    It's now time for y'all to complain & complain to EA & not stop complaining until they have that retire pop up removed. How many more simmers going to lose a sim accidentally cause of that ridiculous pop up? Crying about it on here ain't helping u. Me I don't put with no bull but the problem is I'm a minority that stands up where others just sit back. Now please rise everybody & do this. I want this game to become great & so do u
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    The fact that these notifications come up in the middle of the event (not even right after it finishes, or at the end of the chapter) makes it even more annoying for me.
  • WillbaWillba Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="orkhid22;d-937510"]At level 16 retirement becomes an option. I'd learned from reading elsewhere on this site that retirement immediately aged your sim to elder, kicked them out of the home, inactivated said sim. I didn't want to retire my sim until she maxed her career and hobby. I was level 8 hobby and near the end of her career. And I'd declined retirement when I reached level 16.

So what happens today, I send my sim to work. I'm using her energy, and unbeknownst to me her energy reached 0. Typically the screen asking to use a cake slice comes up. I was all prepared to select no. Instead, it was a retirement! I never even read the text. Next thing my sim is retired. No "are you sure" nothing.

Very disappointing. Boom she's out of the home, her husband who's at work, is now being asked to retire.

It's bad enough toddlers, and children aren't playable, pushing the narrative to me this game is all about YA/A this just further made me upset and disappointed. My interest for the game has dropped significantly.

Once I declined to retire, the option to retire should never just pop up. It should be player initiated. This really puts me off further playing the game[/quote]

Similar thing just happened to me. I was just doing an event quest and went to click on an activity and at that very moment the retire box pops up and boom! All over, no "are you sure" nothing. Now my sim is useless and I got a lame as heirloom too. I don't want to be asked this daily, I'm afraid I'll do it again. Needs to be fixed.
  • DreaPopaDreaPopa Posts: 18 Member
    my problem is the complete opposite, I barely get the retire notification, my last retired sim - I was checking the sim panel like crazy hoping it’ll appear, I don’t know how but in the morning it was there, without getting any notification. I retire them asap bc I like heirlooms. anyway, I had to wait like 2 days to retire that sim when it could’ve been done earlier... however, when I do get that notification I might choose the later and no matter what I do, restart the game, complete actions, it won’t show up again for a LONG time, so much for “later”.
    I think we can all agree it’d be better if they just kept it in the sim panel and we can retire them manually, WHENEVER we want
  • FizzgiggyFizzgiggy Posts: 1 New Member
    The retirement popup is driving me crazy. Happens several times a day. The retire option already exists permanently on the trait screen, so I don't need to be lambasted over and over again with the prompt. If I lose a Sim to this, I'll just uninstall. It's a blatant money and time sink to remove high hobby and career level Sims. Later objects of the game are so expensive that multiple max Sims need to work to be able to afford objects. Give us an option to disable the popups or let us confirm/deny. This is ridiculous.
    Fizzgiggy wrote: »
    The retirement popup is driving me crazy. Happens several times a day. The retire option already exists permanently on the trait screen, so I don't need to be lambasted over and over again with the prompt. If I lose a Sim to this, I'll just uninstall. It's a blatant money and time sink to remove high hobby and career level Sims. Later objects of the game are so expensive that multiple max Sims need to work to be able to afford objects. Give us an option to disable the popups or let us confirm/deny. This is ridiculous.

Me too. They really need to do away with that
    To the owner of this dicussion. Please bring this dicussion to Answers HQ. So it can be heard better. It's getting ridiculous. I almost retired my sim by accident. Thank god I missed that button when I tapped on it. Go here to do it & start a new topic about it. https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mobile/ct-p/the-sims-mobile-en
  • katzX3katzX3 Posts: 15 Member
    SUPPORT
    I’m so attached to my married soulmate couple I really don’t want to retire them anytime soon!
  • UKChubUKChub Posts: 3 New Member
    Couple of weeks ago I'd accidently retired my partner, just click and click quickly you can just retired your Sims how dangerous is that!?! WHY WOULD I WANT TO RETIRED MY PARTNER WHAT A SICK AND TWISTED IDEA YOU GOT EA?!? I'd lost my partner sim, was able at interact my partner for couple of days but now I can't totally
  • Shar1983Shar1983 Posts: 1 New Member
    I”m having the same issue. The retirement window appeared and I pressed no because I wasn’t ready to lose my sim. And at least once every time I play it pops up and it drives me crazy. Now twice it has popped up and I’ve accidentally pressed yes because I was about to press something else when it just pops up and I retire my sims even though I don’t want to, and there is no “are you sure” there should 100% be a confirmation window to ensure this is indeed what you want to do. I’ve lost two sims this way now and I’m ready to not play the game anymore.
  • BlackPhoebeBirdBlackPhoebeBird Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm glad a lot of other people are suggesting the same thing. That pop up is extremely annoying.
  • smfsmf Posts: 1 New Member
    My six year old plays the game and today became upset and started crying because he was forced to retire his sim character. The sim is either stuck in the house or keeps coming back (I'm not sure because I dont play), which makes him more upset. He just uninstalled the game and I'm here providing this feedback to give his some comfort. Can there be some sort of warning, like a week, before a sim needs to be retired? He invested a lot of time into this thing, for nothing. He's decided that he will no longer playing the game because of this specific feature
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited May 2018
    smf wrote: »
    My six year old plays the game and today became upset and started crying because he was forced to retire his sim character. The sim is either stuck in the house or keeps coming back (I'm not sure because I dont play), which makes him more upset. He just uninstalled the game and I'm here providing this feedback to give his some comfort. Can there be some sort of warning, like a week, before a sim needs to be retired? He invested a lot of time into this thing, for nothing. He's decided that he will no longer playing the game because of this specific feature

Your not forced to retire your sim. You have the option to retire your sim or not. You can push the button and choose not now. You also have the choice to not add extra traits. If you don't add your 4th trait, you won't get the retire option. the PC version of this game is rated teen and so may be the mobile version. I have never checked the rating of the mobile version. It's possible your six year old can't read some of the wording when the options come up?

Add. Just double checked. The mobile app is rated teen
    Post edited by phoebebebe13 on
  • Noodle9Noodle9 Posts: 8 New Member
    No, we're technically not forced to retire them. But there's an intruding pop up that comes at extremely random times that makes it really easy to press "retire", which I'm sure you could understand how it's frustrating.

Regardless, they've seen the requests to remove the pop-up and have done a few updates since they began, so I'm sure it won't be taken away. My guess is EA doesn't want us to keep making simoleons easily from quick shifts/hobbies after reaching level 10.

There's no other beneficial reason for it to repeatedly come up after the first time. If we "can always do this later", let us do it on our own time.
    edited May 2018
    Noodle9 wrote: »
    No, we're technically not forced to retire them. But there's an intruding pop up that comes at extremely random times that makes it really easy to press "retire", which I'm sure you could understand how it's frustrating.

Regardless, they've seen the requests to remove the pop-up and have done a few updates since they began, so I'm sure it won't be taken away. My guess is EA doesn't want us to keep making simoleons easily from quick shifts/hobbies after reaching level 10.

There's no other beneficial reason for it to repeatedly come up after the first time. If we "can always do this later", let us do it on our own time.

Actually that pop up does force simmers to retire their sims when they accidentally hit retire cause it popped up unexpectedly. Anyways I gave your post a Awesome
  • Noodle9Noodle9 Posts: 8 New Member
    Oh, yea of course, but that's why I put "technically". Because there's still an option (so EA isn't held accountable if you lose your sim), even if the retire button is huge and shows up in the middle an event.

I think forced in a literal sense would be if we got on one day and our sim had a birthday cake over their head which made them retire to an elder.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I kind of have to retire mine because the babies toddlers and kids grow up way to fast.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    I kind of have to retire mine because the babies toddlers and kids grow up way to fast.

It's also the quickest way to get heirlooms to open up new traits. That is if you don't want to spend real money getting tickets to buy heirlooms and get new traits. This is also if people don't want to spend real money to open up the 4 slots. I had to retire two of my sims so I could let the children age up and put them in the game. This is even with having four playable sims
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

It's also the quickest way to get heirlooms to open up new traits. That is if you don't want to spend real money getting tickets to buy heirlooms and get new traits. This is also if people don't want to spend real money to open up the 4 slots. I had to retire two of my sims so I could let the children age up and put them in the game. This is even with having four playable sims
    Yup that to and I have a sim that its asking to retire but I haven't yet.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

Yup that to and I have a sim that its asking to retire but I haven't yet.

I just aged my granddaughter up and I think her grandmother will leave the game tomorrow . i now have her parents and brother. The parents will soon be up for retirement.

I just wish the game would not give the retirement notice until hobbies and job are finished. I made the mistake of retiring the grandfather before he finished his hobby so now I have his granddaughter completing it .
  • CopperheadCopperhead Posts: 2 New Member
    Most of the other options ask for confirmation why can't we get a confirmation option before our Sims are retired. I was very careful not to accidentally click that retirement option even though I was constantly asked to retire them. It finally got me and I accidentally retired one of my Sims. My Sims are coupled up and married so it only seemed right to retire the spouse. Two of my faves. I continued playing with the two left and created two more Sims. That retirement opt. began appearing again and, silly me, I accidentally sneezed and pushed retire and lost the last one of the family I'd worked so long to build. Of course I had to retire his wife with him and now the game is not nearly as interesting to me as before. All it takes is one more confirmation option or maybe you could just ask if we want to retire a specific Sim once and not a dozen times a day.