Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what is the point of releasing new events if they're impossible for free players?

2...Next

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited May 2018
    Flan wrote: »
    I agree with others! I’ve fully participated in this event. I’ve even rushed leisurely reflections several times. I was so frustrated I bought $10 in cash and still not one bubble blower. I’m getting only duplicates. Come on I even rushed and spent money!! I’m really disappointed

I have mentioned in this forum to try for things on off peek hours when everyone is not on their game at the same time. I save all my coins until early morning and then try all at one time . the best time is when most people might be sleeping and not actually playing their game. It's worked for me and someone else posted they took my advice and winded up getting allot more stuff and not coins
  • Noodle9Noodle9 Posts: 8 New Member
    [quote="phoebebebe13;c-16501541"]

I got two bubble blowers and no lamp. the bubble blowers are huge and have no need or room for two of them. You need 4 ottomans or 4 chairs for the bubble blower to work properly. I wish ea would permit us to gift out some of these items or sell them back or trade out. I would love to trade someone my second bubble blower for a lamp [/quote]

I've got 3 lanterns with 2 in storage, I'd definitely trade you all 3 for the bubble blower. At this point with a day left, I've given up. Nothing but duplicates or multiples of what I already have. Why the option for so many, the world may never know. 3 love seats. 2 rugs. Who in the world needs SIX end tables. 3 of the tapestries. A bunch of dividers. 4 ottomans, really useful without the bubble blower lol.
    Noodle9 wrote: »

I got two bubble blowers and no lamp. the bubble blowers are huge and have no need or room for two of them. You need 4 ottomans or 4 chairs for the bubble blower to work properly. I wish ea would permit us to gift out some of these items or sell them back or trade out. I would love to trade someone my second bubble blower for a lamp

I've got 3 lanterns with 2 in storage, I'd definitely trade you all 3 for the bubble blower. At this point with a day left, I've given up. Nothing but duplicates or multiples of what I already have. Why the option for so many, the world may never know. 3 love seats. 2 rugs. Who in the world needs SIX end tables. 3 of the tapestries. A bunch of dividers. 4 ottomans, really useful without the bubble blower lol.

I would trade if I could :) Maybe EA will add a gifting feature in the future HINT , I'm still going with one more shot tomorrow morning. Don't give up. sending good vibes your way you get one. Just wait to redeem the tickets for when your game switches from night to day.

I love the ottomans. You can put them in a room free standing like a bean bag chair , Your sims will sit on them .They have some cool colors for them that you could even use one in a child's room . I have two in my living room free standing

I certainly did not need 8 wall dividers and 6 tapestries which bugged me the most. I love the tables but they match my furniture I could understand why some may not like them if it does not go with your decor
  • FeferGreenCeciliaFeferGreenCecilia Posts: 11 New Member
    I got one bubble blower and 2 lamps, and I didn't spent any real money on the game.
    I don't like these events that doesn't allow us to choose the reward... it's disappointing.
    I wanted that new hair that was avaiable on the shop, but didn't get it.

Hi @Katie_Lin :)
  • Katie_LinKatie_Lin Posts: 17 Member
    I got one bubble blower and 2 lamps, and I didn't spent any real money on the game.
    I don't like these events that doesn't allow us to choose the reward... it's disappointing.
    I wanted that new hair that was avaiable on the shop, but didn't get it.

Hi @Katie_Lin :)

Agreed and hi!
  • Coop3Coop3 Posts: 4 New Member
    I agree. It’s really disappointing. I’m a level 38 and I’ve only spent money on the game twice or so. The current lavish lifestyle event is upsetting me because although I do all of the events I just keep getting darn elegant mirrors... what do I do with six elegant mirrors???
  • RosieHenRosieHen Posts: 2 New Member
    I hated this last India event. Received over the maximum numbers posted and spent money on luxury boxes. Never received the bubble maker. Also have 110 gems which I can’t use because I have the maximum 36 items from Izzy’s shop. Very frustrated!
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    I wasn't able to finish the ASOS event--never had a chance past the first day for it as I had a major technical issue that rendered my game unplayable (literally). It wasn't until well after the event was over that support was able to restore my game back to how it was before I had the problem and I could get back into my game again.

With this most recent event, I was able to complete it--but just barely in time! I did not use any simcash to do so, but tried to sit through a number of ads for each of those quests in hopes it might help increase my coin count toward the end (the last quest by far not only took the longest to complete, but I was seriously worried I'd never get it done because it was so many coins!). Never got the bubble blower thing, though. However, I'm wondering how many other people got duplicates of stuff they already had (and by that, I mean items where you didn't see # of # but under that amount--for example, with the mirror where you already had 4 and then got a 5th one or an item of clothing and then receiving it again despite being limited to one of it?)? I would have preferred to have seen maybe less of that so that once you received an item (or the maximum amount of it), somehow the system flagged it as already received and it wouldn't come up again in favor of something else instead.

I don't mind the events--but I really wish they gave us more time to complete them (or lower some of the requirements to do so). There was some really nice stuff with this recent one, but again, it would have been nice to have had more time.

On a related note, with some quests, it felt like there was almost wasted time in the sense that I remember seeing the complete all tasks quest listed what seemed like twice--so, as we had already completed it, we then had to wait how many more hours until the next day when our daily quests reset themselves before we could attempt that? I have to wonder if there could have been another quest assigned in the meantime to complete instead? This way, it also might have given some of us more time to make an attempt toward the end quest.

Also, had no idea there's actually a maximum of stuff we can get from Izzy's? Yikes!
    @nolurk if you already reached the max of an item, they gave you something else. I used 4 sims to complete the event. There is a thread on tips to play the game. The best thing you can do is spend money to unlock all your sims slots. This is even if you don't usually spend real money.
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    @nolurk if you already reached the max of an item, they gave you something else. I used 4 sims to complete the event. There is a thread on tips to play the game. The best thing you can do is spend money to unlock all your sims slots. This is even if you don't usually spend real money.

I know once you received a duplicate (after attaining the maximum number of a given item), it gave you heirloom points, or coins, or something else, etc. My comment was more along the lines of wishing the event had been set up to give us something else off the list instead so as to avoid it from happening in the first place. :)

Also, thanks for the tip!

edited June 2018
    nolurk wrote: »

I know once you received a duplicate (after attaining the maximum number of a given item), it gave you heirloom points, or coins, or something else, etc. My comment was more along the lines of wishing the event had been set up to give us something else off the list instead so as to avoid it from happening in the first place. :)

Also, thanks for the tip!

If they did that, it would be very easy for everyone to complete it and get every item. It would defeat the purpose of the event and they could just sell the items in the store. They designed it so that you played the entire event. I had my 4 sims doing the event every day to get everything . They even gave you extra special coins for the event sometimes when you completed work, hobbies, friendships.

Your welcome on the tips
  • CoorulCoorul Posts: 18 Member
    I guess it’s all coincidental. But it just feels weird that I worked so hard and I couldn’t get the bubble blower.