Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upgrading pc graphics card

2...Next

Comments

• Huntress1181Huntress1181 Posts: 186 Member
    hmm, ok. Well it's doing what its supposed to do thus far. Been playing Sims 4 rather smoothly the last few days. No restarts, no bluescreens just simming happily. I also don't feel any heat coming from the pc now either, I think the GForce 660 was a hog in heat and resources. It was good back when it was fresh but within a few years. We all need a new GPU. Also, I noticed that the PSU are only good for like 100k hours, within like 4-5 years one needs a new PSU. Learning curb for a newbie but its helping big time.
    Thanks so much for the help :)
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    hmm, ok. Well it's doing what its supposed to do thus far. Been playing Sims 4 rather smoothly the last few days. No restarts, no bluescreens just simming happily. I also don't feel any heat coming from the pc now either, I think the GForce 660 was a hog in heat and resources. It was good back when it was fresh but within a few years. We all need a new GPU. Also, I noticed that the PSU are only good for like 100k hours, within like 4-5 years one needs a new PSU. Learning curb for a newbie but its helping big time.

Take no notice of the 100k hour thing. power supplies can fail at any time, some may fail within 10 years some may fail within 10 months.
    With power supplies going bad look out for random restarts and BSOD errors as well as failing to boot. I'm sure your's will last a while.. if not then that's what a warranty is for :)
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

Take no notice of the 100k hour thing. power supplies can fail at any time, some may fail within 10 years some may fail within 10 months.
    With power supplies going bad look out for random restarts and BSOD errors as well as failing to boot. I'm sure your's will last a while.. if not then that's what a warranty is for :)

Ok, thanks so much. Been playing so far with no restarts and BSOD which is vary nice for a change. Speed is good too. O, did you do that router reboot today that the FBI said to do? Making sure, we defiantly don't need any issues.
  • MrsLilEsarosaMrsLilEsarosa Posts: 8 New Member
    Unfortunately I'm a new member and can't make discussions at all and can't even accomplish this within 24 hrs so @Huntress1181 it is not you at all. I've been dealing with this problem for 3 day since the Sims 4 updated and contacted EA support several time doing trouble shooting and other things as advised. With lots and lots of frustration and some tears. Today I finally get my answered well answered. Please someone tag a moderator to get this looked at by appropriate staff.

Important info from EA Advisor Convo:

Kuldeep: May I know if you had run the system in a clean boot after updating the game?
    you: Yep and Ccleaner
    you: I play a lot of games on here Sims 4 is the only one having this trouble
    Kuldeep: Alright, please let me check it with the team once
    you: Okay
    Kuldeep: Thank you for your patience. This appears to be problem with in-game mechanics. Unfortunately, we do not have provisions to make changes to in-game mechanics, but I will pass on the information to the appropriate team for investigation.
    Kuldeep: I request you to please post this issue in the forums.
    you: Really wow # days and you find the problem I congratulate you for this
    you: 3*
    Kuldeep: I apologize for the technical difficulties you have been facing with the game.
    Kuldeep: If I were in your shoes, I’m sure I’d feel just as you do.
    you: I'm glad you found it finally
    you: You should get an award
    Kuldeep: We have tried everything and it doesn't gets fixed. We need to get in touch with the studio team once.
    you: Thank you soooo much most helpful person I've dealt with will be posting this in forums.
    you: Thanks you again. Have the most wonderful day or night.
    Kuldeep: Is there anything else I can help you with?
    you: That is it.
    Kuldeep: Thank you for contacting EA help!! You can also check our website help.ea.com for self help options.

This is what I thought is most important part of convo with EA Advisor I kept the convo as is for the sake of not confusing others with a one way convo.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @MrsLilEsarosa The op needed a new video card. Their problem is all fixed and their game plays fine

What have you tried with CS? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling origin? Do you play with CC and Mods? If so did you remove them. Some might be broken with the new patch. Are you playing this game in 4k?
    @phoebebebe13 I have done a lot of trouble shooting with EA Advisors. I have no idea what CS is. I removed my mod folder from Sims 4 folder. I was advised by the EA Advisor to post what they have told me. It is not my graphics card it is an in-game mechanics and EA Advisors can not fix it. They do not have provisions to make changes to in-game mechanics.

Thus is why I'm posting here I do not have right to make a discussion being a new member and all. Was hoping this would at least get seen by a community manger since this is the message I am receiving when Sims 4 kicks me out of the game.
    edited May 2018
    @MrsLilEsarosa This is tech help. CS is Customer Service. I believe the CS/EA advisor gave you the wrong info. Many people are having no issue playing this game.

Did you try pulling your whole sims 4 folder ( not just your mod folder) to desktop? Pull your whole sims 4 folder to desktop, start the game and exit. It will generate a new sims 4 folder. Does your game start?
    @phoebebebe13 I have uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game. The Ea Advisor didnt't tell me where to post I just guessed it be pc technical support instead of bugs. Should I post this somewhere else?
    edited May 2018
    @MrsLilEsarosa You are in tech support. Here is fine to post. When you reinstalled the whole game did you test a new clean game before adding back cc and mods?Have you tried disabling origin in game? have you tried windowed mode? Do you have windows 10? Do you have one drive enabled? Did the EA rep ask you for a DxDiag? Can you upload your DxDiag text file to https://www.pastebin.com and then post your pastebin link here. You will have to put a break in the link since you are a new member and can't post links
    @phoebebebe13 I can't even get the game to launch. When I launch it from orgin I get a black screen and it boots me out saying I need to update my drivers and i have uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers get the same issue. I have Windows 10, Geforce 1070. I don't even know how to disable a drive so no. Yes, they asked me to attach it to my case file.

DxDiag Pastebin

pastebin
    .com
    /zEMMCmTB

I have done the following.

PC trouble shooting steps:

CLEAR ORIGIN CACHE:
    Completely log out and close down Origin
    Hold down the Windows key and R
    Type in "% ProgramData %" (without quotes) and click OK
    Now open the Origin folder.
    Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for Local Content (do not delete this one)
    Hold down the Windows key and R
    Type in "% AppData %" (without quotes) and click OK
    This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
    Click on the word " AppData " at the top of your window
    Open the Local folder here
    Delete the Origin folder listed here
    Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Disable windows firewall:
    Open the Control Panel.
    Click on Windows Firewall.
    If the Windows Firewall is enabled, the Windows Firewall state will be On. To turn it off, in the left navigation pane, click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
    In the Customize Settings window, select Turn off Windows Firewall and click OK.

Disable windows antivirus:
    To Disable Antivirus: Open the Windows OneCare user interface.
    Click View or Change Settings > Antivirus Tab.
    Click the radio button to turn the anti-virus off.

Right click on the game short cut icon, on the desktop:
    Select properties > compatibility > windows xp service pack 3 > apply changes but do not launch the application.
    Repeat the same with the origin application.
    Run the origin as admin and go to my games library.
    Right click on the game icon and select repair the game.
    Once repaired, then launch the game.

Check if there is any program that may conflict with Origin
    Clear temp files using CCleaner
    Clean Boot
    Create a new Admin
    Disable Orgin in game
    edited May 2018
    @MrsLilEsarosa I don't play with mods and don't have windows 10. I'm calling in @rosemow to help you further.
    @rosemow did you get my page? I typed your user name wrong and corrected it so I did not know if my page whet through. Thanks!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    @rosemow did you get my page? I typed your user name wrong and corrected it so I did not know if my page whet through. Thanks!

I didn’t get your tag. If you edit in a name, it doesn’t tag the simmer.

Hello @MrsLilEsarosa

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try starting the game in windowed mode
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode

OMG I LOVE YOU @rosemow 3 days of frustration and not able to play and a bunch of contacting EA. All i had to was put the -w as you suggested and it worked like a charm. Although I don't understand how or why it won't run in full screen as it did before sims 4 updated 3 days ago.
    OMG I LOVE YOU @rosemow 3 days of frustration and not able to play and a bunch of contacting EA. All i had to was put the -w as you suggested and it worked like a charm. Although I don't understand how or why it won't run in full screen as it did before sims 4 updated 3 days ago.

I am glad that it worked @MrsLilEsarosa :)
    Last comment here @rosemow I went through at least 7 EA advisors if not 8 and 2 EA Techs through email in the last 3 days. As you probably saw a bunch of trouble shooting. Just mind blown it only took a symbol and a letter to fix the whole problem.

Gonna go have fun now take care and thanks again much appreciation from both of you. @phoebebebe13 including you just to show my appreciation in helping me and tagging rosemow.

Good day/night
    Last comment here @rosemow I went through at least 7 EA advisors if not 8 and 2 EA Techs through email in the last 3 days. As you probably saw a bunch of trouble shooting. Just mind blown it only took a symbol and a letter to fix the whole problem.

Gonna go have fun now take care and thanks again much appreciation from both of you. @phoebebebe13 including you just to show my appreciation in helping me and tagging rosemow.

Good day/night

You’re welcome :)

Good day/night

Your very welcome. I did mentioned windowed mode. We don't know why but some can only run the game in windowed mode. That is a tech issue EA should figure out. @SimGuruNick are you aware we have quite a few people who have computers well over requirements that can only play the game in windowed mode? Thanks!
    I must say, at times the Sims 4 causes us a lot of issues. One would not think Sims would be so demanding on our PCs as to like lets say FarCry 5 or something in that manner but it seems like Simming has a lot of issues. So glad this discussion helped another Sim Gamer. Hoping it helps many others because many forum post have helped me.