Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you but a holiday themed stuff pack?

Now that seasons is announced, would anyone be willing to buy a holiday stuff pack? If so, what would you want in it.

For me, I would love a holiday day stuff pack if they added fun interactions that would make our winters more enjoyable. One example of this is gingerbread house making and decorating which could be a fun activity for the whole family. Another awesome activity they could add if it isn't added already would be the ability to sing winter carols (by yourself or with other sims). Sims could even react differently based on their traits :)

True Love
Terrific Family Play
Too fun
The sims 2 forever

Comments

• wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member
    I think that'd be really cool but I'd kind of prefer it to be into the base of the seasons expansion
    gLQgzBe.gif
    The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I would as long as the holidays in the seasons EP felt complete. I think of SP as optional. So as long as it just enriched the holidays or added new ones but did not feel like a hold out. I would be okay. It's actually one of the SP I automatically thought of when seasons was announced.

It's the same way that now I feel like my Spooky SP has a point, and will use it during the fall season.
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    I completely agree Evoland-1007. The holidays in seasons should feel complete. I was thinking of a holiday so along the lines of spooky stuff which adds just a touch extra to the holiday. Hopefully the original holiday feels thought out enough.

So far with gift giving and tree decorating, it is off to a good start.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I don't think they will do any more holiday stuff. In seasons you can make your own holidays so I don't think they'd need another pack for it. BUT I do think there making vacations like they did with jungle adventure. If they have a beach pack and mountain pack I'd buy it. I think that's why they went the direction they did, allows for complete full holidays and they can focus on the weather and seasons instead of adding vacations with half baked ideas.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd love for the ability to sing Christmas carols so if they added that I'd buy anything the option to sing as a group is a must.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    I don't think they will do any more holiday stuff. In seasons you can make your own holidays so I don't think they'd need another pack for it. BUT I do think there making vacations like they did with jungle adventure. If they have a beach pack and mountain pack I'd buy it. I think that's why they went the direction they did, allows for complete full holidays and they can focus on the weather and seasons instead of adding vacations with half baked ideas.

I think they could introduce an SP that adds new activities and outfits for your custom holidays. So maybe even if the EP covers the basic holidays, you could get other festive stuff in the SP for other holidays that you can imagine.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »

I think we are for sure getting beach and moutain GP in the future. Which is why they dont have sunburn, sunbathing, lounge chair, ocean swimming, surfing, snowboarding etc. But I always thought they would go that way.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    It depends on what was in it. I usually forget to decorate... so most of what we have in game and what's coming should be enough for me. If it added something like Christmas carols as @ChadSims2 suggested or some other game play that made it more nostalgic and vivid for me I'd probably buy it then.. but for just mostly stuff .. no.
    egTcBMc.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Now that seasons is announced, would anyone be willing to buy a holiday stuff pack? If so, what would you want in it.

For me, I would love a holiday day stuff pack if they added fun interactions that would make our winters more enjoyable. One example of this is gingerbread house making and decorating which could be a fun activity for the whole family. Another awesome activity they could add if it isn't added already would be the ability to sing winter carols (by yourself or with other sims). Sims could even react differently based on their traits :)

Why not wait to see what's in the EP? The blog said Sims kids can do crafts so maybe gingerbread house creation will be included. But if the activities can stand on their own for those who don't have Seasons then I suppose it could work.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    We already have a Holiday pack that is FREE that they update with new stuff every year - so why would we want to buy one?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I wouldn’t. We should be getting everything you could possibly want for holidays in the new Seasons expansion. Not only that, but they continue to add free patch holiday items every year. We even started getting some stuff for non-American holidays. So I don’t see that a paid pack would have anything to offer me
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    We already have a Holiday pack that is FREE that they update with new stuff every year - so why would we want to buy one?
    Because the free pack is garbage and offers nothing but useless décor like the Christmas tree that could not be decorated unlike the new Christmas tree coming with Seasons that can be decorated. I'm looking for game play not stuff that is just visual but adds nothing to the game... Do you believe they will add content like Christmas carols or kissing under the mistletoe if that's not in Seasons in the free pack?
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Well I purchased Spooky Stuff of my own volition and like some of the things I got from it, and there's also the free Holiday pack that gets updated at least every year so there's that. Apart from that I don't see what other stuff packs of holidays can they do? If you count Romantic Garden as something for Valentine's I don't see much. The more reasonable way they would approach this is start selling us stuff packs appropriate for each season instead. You know it's probably an idea in their mind...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    I'd buy one that completed the experience of the holidays. Caroling added for christmas and grandparents spending time with grandchildren reading holiday stories. Special dishes that are associated with holidays around the world. The function of the SP is to fill in what is missing and for $10 I will happily pay.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Holidays are coming with seasons exp. Though we don't have much information.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    I don't think they are going to, they might release some for free with updates but I'd love a stuffpack that has more items for each of the holidays. So some christmas, easter, valentines and halloween (yes more pls xD) I'd also like to see some other cultural holidays.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    At this point Seasons is adding a lot of holiday items so I don't think we need a holiday stuffpack. Only Christmas items missing in Seasons are mantle stockings,gingerbread houses,poinsettias and lighted outdoor reindeer. Those could be added in the December Holiday Set. Seasons is also adding decorations for Autumn/Thanksgiving,Halloween,Easter and maybe Love Day which hasn't been shown yet but confirmed.

Spooky Day is rich in Halloween Stuff with Seasons only getting a few additionaly Halloween Items. Christmas Recipes like a Holiday Roast and Christmas Cookies will hopefully be included in Seasons.
  • megan04102megan04102 Posts: 10 New Member
    I wouldn't, I think with seasons AND spooky stuff, a whole other holidays pack would just seem money-grabby, too much focus on old ideas
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Nope. We have the free holiday SP and I bought Spooky stuff bc it was on sale (an SP on sale!! Yay). That's all I need bc what else would one really want for holidays? Anyway, I'd want the Seasons EP to include everything needed for a great holiday, otherwise it would be a rip-off in that area.

A season-themed vacation pack also doesn't appeal to me at all, bc I feel that a feature should be fleshed out in the pack that is dedicated to it. Sure, I'd love new worlds that are influenced in special ways by Seasons, but it shouldn't be a piece chopped out of the EP.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

We have the spooky pack and free holiday content, which I think is enough. But that's mostly because I believe the features you mentioned are already coming with Seasons.

The trailer showed sims singing together (in the New Years scene,) and kids can make homemade holiday crafts. I suspect they're similar to the school projects in the Parenthood gamepack. So I'd be very surprised if gingerbread houses and caroling aren't already a thing.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Which holiday?

Australia Day is a holiday.
    So is the Queen's Birthday.

Also, what you call a 'vacation', we call a holiday.

A Monarch's Birthday holiday celebration pack would be kinda cool.

High tea
    Bunting
    Sponge cake
    Retro style dances
    Host a street party
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It'd be packed with stuff that should have been in Seasons in the first place.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Because the free pack is garbage and offers nothing but useless décor like the Christmas tree that could not be decorated unlike the new Christmas tree coming with Seasons that can be decorated. I'm looking for game play not stuff that is just visual but adds nothing to the game... Do you believe they will add content like Christmas carols or kissing under the mistletoe if that's not in Seasons in the free pack?

Kissing under the mistletoe is in the Season ep - it was in the trailer.

In this game I doubt they'd ever do Christmas Carolers - or if they were possible then perhaps that too is in Seasons. Don't forget you've only seen a snipet of the pack. I would at least expect people to wait and see what actually is coming first. You also are lucky to finally get a decorating tree seeing we've only been asking for one since at least Sims 2.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

How much gameplay do you expect in a stuff pack? Generally, we'd get two gameplay items so I don't see why anyone would expect much from a stuff pack anyway. It would be mostly 'stuff,' like the free Holiday pack.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2018

I wouldn't call it "garbage" -- we've gotten some really nice CAS items as freebees like tuxedos for men and boys. And decor always comes in useful for public venues; I could see using the fancy tree as decor in one of my shops, for example. I'm planning on building a set of seasonal shops that I can switch out at the beginning of each season, selling seasonal produce for planting and seasonal appropriate items). Considering the price (free) there are good items there. I hope they continue to update the pack with more items to help celebrate our own holidays, the way we got the Diwali items last autumn.

And according to the blog looks like kids will be able to make cards (maybe other crafts) and the trailer showed kissing under the mistletoe so those are covered. But between Seasons content and hopefully continued updating of the Holiday Celebration Pack, we should be doing fine for decor items that we wouldn't need a supplemental SP.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)