Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA_Mage said ''soon'' ! How ''soon'' ?

1161718192022...Next

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    CeCeDot wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »
    I hope we get news tomorrow

I hope too. But it won't happen. I'm sure.

It's possible (fingers crossed). What makes you so sure, if I may ask?

Cuz I think they'll announce us the news at EA Play.

I thought that the Sims wasn't going to announce anything at EA play? The only thing stated was a playable Sims experience.

That is correct.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Super hopeful for this week! I don’t know for sure of course but... I just have a good feeling about it. Now, I will be working a LOT this week, so I won’t really be able to check the news as promptly as I normally would, but I’m really hoping that, as soon as I finish work tomorrow or Thursday, that I’ll see a patch released at least.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    SimGuruGrant said this in response to a question on Twitter about why we didn't have a quarterly teaser:

Don't know what to think about it. I hope they aren't doing away with the teasers, unless they replace them with something better.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2018

I thought that the Sims wasn't going to announce anything at EA play? The only thing stated was a playable Sims experience.

That is correct.

All I heard was Maxis and the Sims isn't announcing, which isn't unusual - but the CEO usually speaks about at EA's games at I Play including the Sims. Maxis usually makes their on stage announcements at Gamescom - which won't be until August.

I would guess any new content people can play at EA Play will be introduced right before EA Play - via a trailer - etc like the Fitness EP was at last years EA Play. We did not get the Fitness Pack until 10 days after EA Play of 2017 - so I figure we'll get a repeat of that kind of thing.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    SimGuruGrant said this in response to a question on Twitter about why we didn't have a quarterly teaser:

Don't know what to think about it. I hope they aren't doing away with the teasers, unless they replace them with something better.

Would be nice if they announced the whole line up for the rest of the year at EA Play.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Would be nice if they announced the whole line up for the rest of the year at EA Play.

I agree! But I won't hold my breath.
  • TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

That is correct.

All I heard was Maxis and the Sims isn't announcing, which isn't unusual - but the CEO usually speaks about at EA's games at I Play including the Sims. Maxis usually makes their on stage announcements at Gamescom - which won't be until August.

I would guess any new content people can play at EA Play will be introduced right before EA Play - via a trailer - etc like the Fitness EP was at last years EA Play. We did not get the Fitness Pack until 10 days after EA Play of 2017 - so I figure we'll get a repeat of that kind of thing.

Actually, don't forget about the tweet from The Sims France - "What if we talk about the future of your favorite game?" so maybe they will announce something :). Also, when a simmer asked SimGuruGrant about an announcement at EA Play, he said: *wink* :) !
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    Really hope quarterly teasers arent disappearing.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

I’m kinda leaning towards that myself. It would be so great to know what’s coming the rest of the year, even if it’s hard to wait for some of it.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Perhaps another little hint.? :) As the days and weeks unfold so will the true identity of the??. hmm (What was that announcement again I seem to have forgotten.) :* Anyone? Anyone know?, well back to Sims 4, 3, 2, Just remember it's not long now, it's very very soon. :D
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
    This ''soon'' is FINALLY here! :D
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited May 2018
    When EA say "Soon", it's like when Ned Stark say "Winter is coming", nobody want to believe him but finally it's here now, nobody can't deny it.

But are you really ready to face it ? The answer tomorrow.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    When EA say "Soon", it's like when Ned Stark say "Winter is coming", nobody want to believe him but it's here now, nobody can't deny it.

But are you really ready to face it ? The answer tomorrow.

I think I can take it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    RUMOR: GameFAQs/Gamespot List “The Sims 4 Seasons” for Release on June 22nd,
    By SimsVIP - May 24, 2018153,582
    Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter
    ❗ Swedish retailer discshop.se has also listed The Sims 4 Seasons on their site with a June 22nd release date. Keep in mind the box art is fan made and not official.
    GameFAQs.com, a sister site of Gamespot.com, has listed “The Sims 4 Seasons” as a new PC/Mac game coming to The Sims 4 on June 22nd! With expansion packs being larger DLC releases for The Sims, it is likely that GameFAQs/Gamespot have already received an early press release with information on the announcement.
    We are only hours away from an announcement, so until we find out what EA will announce today, file this into the rumor bin. We will find out soon enough if this holds true!

we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    Well when did Mage say ''soon'' ? because now we can calculate what ''soon'' means in their book xD
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    RUMOR: GameFAQs/Gamespot List “The Sims 4 Seasons” for Release on June 22nd,
    By SimsVIP - May 24, 2018153,582
    Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter
    ❗ Swedish retailer discshop.se has also listed The Sims 4 Seasons on their site with a June 22nd release date. Keep in mind the box art is fan made and not official.
    GameFAQs.com, a sister site of Gamespot.com, has listed “The Sims 4 Seasons” as a new PC/Mac game coming to The Sims 4 on June 22nd! With expansion packs being larger DLC releases for The Sims, it is likely that GameFAQs/Gamespot have already received an early press release with information on the announcement.
    We are only hours away from an announcement, so until we find out what EA will announce today, file this into the rumor bin. We will find out soon enough if this holds true!

:smiley::smiley::smiley:
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Gelysen wrote: »
    Well when did Mage say ''soon'' ? because now we can calculate what ''soon'' means in their book xD

I think the 30th of March.
    http://simscommunity.info/2018/03/30/quarterly-teasers-for-the-sims-4-are-not-happening-for-april-june-2018/
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2018
    "Soon" records
    • SimGuruNinja : 8 weeks (from Feb. 15, 2016 [Tweet] to Apr. 19, 2016 [Official announcement])
    • EA_Mage : 8 weeks (from Mar. 30, 2018 [Forum] to May 24, 2018 [Official announcement])

So "Soon" seems to mean 8 weeks.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    edited May 2018

:D Wow, it looks wonderful. Can't wait. I thought at first it was another made up one but it the real deal. <3 So seasons it is.

https://youtu.be/tn0hCTyj2Kc
    Post edited by Stormsview on
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Seasons!!! Next month!!!! Soon is now :D
    edited May 2018
    https://simsvip.com/2018/05/24/official-leak-the-sims-4-seasons-is-the-next-expansion-pack/

yup death by lighting lol :D

xLQuPKu.jpg

more :) Experience impactful weather. Enjoy four stunning seasons and dynamically changing weather that affects all aspects of your Sims’ lives. From hot and sunny to blustery and snowy, every world’s climate is unique and impacts your Sims’ choices, relationships and daily activities. Control the elements to summon thunderstorms, clear up overcast skies or jump between seasons.
    edited May 2018
    Revel in seasonal activities. Year-round activities provide Sims fun and entertaining ways to enjoy the seasons. Bundle up to build a snow pal with friends, create snow angels or perform cool tricks at the skating rink. Toss on a raincoat to splash in a spring shower and explore the outdoors to earn badges as a scout. Dress Sims in new swimwear to cool off in the sprinkler or play in the kiddie pool. Harvest honey in the fall, play in leaves or have child Sims make homemade holiday crafts.

jsDCz4i.jpg

umfAP2r.jpg

Celebrate the holidays. Decorate your home and bring Sims together to celebrate heartfelt holiday traditions. Ring in the new year with a celebration, enjoy a romantic date during Love Day or gather the family for a bountiful harvest feast. Watch as your Sims count down the calendar days until Winterfest, where presents are gifted, decorations are hung, and Father Winter pays a visit. You can even create custom holidays and choose how your Sims celebrate.