Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird things you tend to do in your game more often than you want to admit

Comments

• ArsenGirlArsenGirl Posts: 89 Member
    I will often times start to play a family, then forget to play them and just sit and watch them do their thing. I love seeing what they get into. What's really creepy is when I'm doing this with my SimSelf and my SimFam and they start to behave as they do in real life.
    -Heather
    EA Game Changer - Sims Lover
    YouTube & Instagram - ArsenGirlGaming / Gallery - ArsenGirl / Gamertag - ArsenGirl / Twitter - ArsenGirl
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    peeangg wrote: »
    I made it a rule where every elder I play must die from Woohoo

I love that rule :D:D:D
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    (not weird, just an unecessary habit) I always make Malcolm Landgraab gay. I'm not sure why. I see other simmers make him straight and I just go "no!"

I have tendency to make my sims' lives soap opera-like as well, but in different ways. I like unrealistic deaths and messy family drama where people get cut off or disowned.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• JayR247JayR247 Posts: 26 Member
    My sims tend to pop out kids. It's rare I can play very long without my couple having kids. Although sometimes I try make it a rule to get them at certain amount of funds first and stuff. And I sometimes just fill up my household and only later on hate myself for it because of the amount of families I have to play (I can't give them up).
    Also scandals. There's always cheating scandals and deaths and all that good stuff. There's always an affair, illegitimate child or a divorce and leads to a second marriage and usually my Sims will rekindle, leaving the home wrecker usually without access to their child and heartbroken.
    I'm a console player so ever since the photography skill patch, I've been placing pictures all over my sims homes. Forget paintings. They no longer a thing in my games, especially my current save, so many photos of family.
  • hannahkinzherpshannahkinzherps Posts: 300 Member
    edited May 2018
    Everyone cheats. Even my happy couples that I ship to ultimate death and have the most precious stories in my game, one of them is always infidelous and god-awful in some way.

Also everyone works from home or owns a business. Only sims that I consider "bodies" for a plotline go to space for 8 or more hours a sim day lol.

I also permanently play the game on pause, queue actions for the whole house, then 2x my way through all of that and do it all again; sometimes I wonder all the things I miss tbh.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I like to find a convenient time and direct my sims to cook a lot of food and then save it as leftovers. My sims can be eating the same meal for a week. That would drive me nuts in RL. It has always worked out for my sims.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I, too, am a hopeless romantic. I also play according to my RL Values. I have two game saves at this time, both of which I have restarted not a few times. Sometimes, it's just that something went wayward. Other times, it's because I want to take full advantage of the GP or EP that was just released. For instance when Parenthood came out, I KNEW I had to restart. I wanted my characters in this rotation save, to have those values. I have played the Sims franchise since 2005 starting with Sims2. I moved on to Sims3 and finally Sims4. In all of these ensuing years I can count on one hand the number of divorces in my game. The first one was I caught the Dad making improper and inappropriate advances with the live-in Nanny I'd created. So, I thought, this is a bad thing. Wife isn't going to put up with that for a minute. Then it occurred to me I could use this scenario to see how divorce is handled in the game. The five children cried for days and days. I'm a woman with a very strong maternal instinct and this broke my heart.

The other time a divorce entered the arena was in Sims3. My singer Sim (after several thwarted engagements) finally got married. His new wife conceived on their wedding night, but obviously this Sim wasn't cut out to be a mother. She clearly wasn't ready, that much is certain. She kept taking the newborn outside at night, leaving him on the lawn in the POURING rain. This she did autonomously, too. (No, it wasn't a routing issue, nor did she have a trait that would make her behave in such an insidious manner.) She had NO excuse for it. Luckily, my singer finished his gig and rushed home to rescue his little son. I had the parents argue, as that's surely a very normal, natural response to a situation such as this. What I wasn't prepared for was the Sim did it again. Of course, her new husband was a mega star by then playing huge venues and very popular. Perhaps, since this was another night he had to go perform, she was resentful of his absences? I can only surmise that or she was miffed beyond all reason that her career was interrupted by baby Nicholas. Who knows? I only know she did it again! Left that infant out on the front lawn, at night, in the pouring rain.

I paused for a bit to think about what I should do. I play my values. Could I sit at my desk and allow such child abuse? Even if it's only pixels? No, I could not. So, I had my singer forgo his usual after gig visit to the local lounge for some juice and dancing and come directly home. Once he'd put his son safely in his crib, the fireworks broke out between him and his wife. I was a tad shocked to see the 'break up' interaction in the menu. They must not have healed their relationship from the prior event. I only hesitated for a moment. I hit break up and then immediately went into Edit Town to place her in her own apartment. I wasn't about to allow her to move out with the baby.

I have brought this singer Sim (one I created myself) into Sims4. With the help of a mod, Road to Fame by Sacrificial, I do hope to be able to recreate his meteoric rise to fame.

So, yes, I play happy, large families. Over, and over, and over again. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    I destroy the goth family, usually their relationships with eachother then their lives. Its sort of a tradition every time i buy a new sims game.

oh no, not the goths!
    tho i love destroying the bjergesen family and the pancakes.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I use game-generated sims as pawns for my evil sims.
  • lotarylotary Posts: 111 Member
    I make Sims based on my own beloved original characters. All of them are Good and well, Beloved. I make sure they surpassed Friend of The World challenge before I send them to get a job/fall in love. I also love rags to riches scenario. No money cheat used as I enjoy replacing the old furniture with the better and more expensive ones as they climb higher on their career tracks. And my Sims should have level 10 in their respective careers, too.
    Origin ID: lotary00
  • GracelishGracelish Posts: 114 Member
    I like making narcissistic Sim worship clubs but eventually having the rival narcissist leaders fall for each other.
    here's hoping we collide
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I destroy the goth family, usually their relationships with eachother then their lives. Its sort of a tradition every time i buy a new sims game.

oh no, not the goths!

Me too. Well, not destroy exactly. But Bjorn and Bob aren't good enough for Clara and Eliza, so I always break them up.
    Now that I think about it, Bjorn and Bob would be perfect for each other...

And I always make Katrina Caliente a blonde. She just looks more "right" that way.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    I too am on the Eliza Pancakes hate train. It feels so wrong when one of my sims wants to be friends with her. Same goes for Nancy Landgraab.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I have a bad habit of giving my main Sims the Genius trait which is so boring but I like that they stay Focused.

As soon as I start a new game I delete all of the would-be stalker pre-made households which is almost all of them. I want the game to use townies as bartenders, food stall vendors, chefs, and whatever other NPC roles there are and not use pre-made Sims. I don't want to "meet" Eliza Pancakes or Zoe Patel just because my Sim bought food from their stall which seems to make them appear on every lot that my Sim visits. I don't want to see the same 12 pre-made Sims jogging back and forth in the neighborhood all day and night. Where are the other 150 townies?

I never delete Salim or Caleb though. They often become Good Friends with each other. I did delete Salim once because he kept farting.
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    edited May 2018

oh no, not the goths!

Now that I think about it, Bjorn and Bob would be perfect for each other...

And I always make Katrina Caliente a blonde. She just looks more "right" that way.

Ohh now thats a ship i hadnt thought about.
    i always do a make over on the caliente sisters. they just dont look...floozy enough
    I too am on the Eliza Pancakes hate train. It feels so wrong when one of my sims wants to be friends with her. Same goes for Nancy Landgraab.

i hate eliza and bob cuz they never show up in my game. they always stay inside their house doing netflix and chill.
    i love nancy tho, shes a 🐸🐸🐸🐸. geoffrey and malcom dont deserve such precious creature.
  • GracelishGracelish Posts: 114 Member
    Monaveil wrote: »
    I have a bad habit of giving my main Sims the Genius trait which is so boring but I like that they stay Focused.

As soon as I start a new game I delete all of the would-be stalker pre-made households which is almost all of them. I want the game to use townies as bartenders, food stall vendors, chefs, and whatever other NPC roles there are and not use pre-made Sims. I don't want to "meet" Eliza Pancakes or Zoe Patel just because my Sim bought food from their stall which seems to make them appear on every lot that my Sim visits. I don't want to see the same 12 pre-made Sims jogging back and forth in the neighborhood all day and night. Where are the other 150 townies?

I never delete Salim or Caleb though. They often become Good Friends with each other. I did delete Salim once because he kept farting.

Yeah, Eliza and many others gotta go. I like keeping Bob, though. So hilarious that you deleted Salim for that reason! He's one of my faves, but if the flatulence can't stop then sometimes you gotta stop the guilty Sim from existing. Woops.
    here's hoping we collide
  • ROSEBUDALYROSEBUDALY Posts: 17 New Member
    I will spend soo many hours building and furnishing the perfect family home...only to get over of it not long after and bulldoze. Rinse repeat. (My poor sims)
  • DragonGirl643DragonGirl643 Posts: 90 Member
    > @invisiblgirl said:
    > samemie wrote: »
    >
    > More_Moore wrote: »
    >
    > *pauses game*
    > *queues up one or a few actions*
    > *watches actions play out*
    > *pauses game*
    > etc. etc. etc.
    >
    > I'm pretty sure most of my game is on pause. I usually never click on things to do unless the game is paused.......
    >
    > People watching me play says it drives them nuts with all the stopping/going XD
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @More_Moore I do that too! I don't trust my sims to behave off pause (I mean it's hard enough to get them to behave as it is without giving them free will while I figure out what to do next and queue up actions for them)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > :smile: Me too! I want to control every action of my Sims' lives. I rarely play with autonomy on, and then only when I've just got two Sims in the house and can supervise them. They're sneaky, though. I think I've got them set for their morning routine, and next thing I know, they're staring at the talking toilet again.

"they're staring at the talking toilet again."
    You have NO IDEA how often I catch them doing that! It is SO fricking annoying!
    why are my sims games so weird?
  • TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    > @invisiblgirl said:
    > samemie wrote: »
    >
    > More_Moore wrote: »
    >
    > *pauses game*
    > *watches actions play out*
    > *pauses game*
    > etc. etc. etc.
    >
    > I'm pretty sure most of my game is on pause. I usually never click on things to do unless the game is paused.......
    >
    > People watching me play says it drives them nuts with all the stopping/going XD
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > @More_Moore I do that too! I don't trust my sims to behave off pause (I mean it's hard enough to get them to behave as it is without giving them free will while I figure out what to do next and queue up actions for them)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > :smile: Me too! I want to control every action of my Sims' lives. I rarely play with autonomy on, and then only when I've just got two Sims in the house and can supervise them. They're sneaky, though. I think I've got them set for their morning routine, and next thing I know, they're staring at the talking toilet again.

"they're staring at the talking toilet again."
    You have NO IDEA how often I catch them doing that! It is SO fricking annoying!

I pause and que up my actions too. I honestly could not imagine playing a different way. As soon as they finish an action if you don't have something else qued up my sims always end up doing something stupid, that I'm like What the plum are you doing??
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    I am a hopeless romantic legacy challenge player. I also like the family scene. There are so many variables that can change up the story line so its not the same thing in every houshold.
    I like to start out in the city until my sim finds and builds a relationship with their significant other. Then i move my current sim into another world depending on the weather I want depends on what world the are placed in. Soon after they complete everything I want them to do or that they want to do, the couple will move in together or get married and move in together. Soon after they start a family, twins or triplets are always in the family at some point. After the babies are aged up I play the kids and leave the parents to do whatever they want. Rinse and repeat generation after generation. It never gets old.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited November 2018
    i kill ugly people

I have a save where I kill premades. I haven't been to it in a while and I think there are a ton of new ones since then. :D
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I use ‘death by exhaustion’ for a lot of my elders, but I do it the woohoo way 😉 I feel bad kicking them off early, so I like to use a ‘fun’ way to go to make it up to them.
  • simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    I must admit that I leave the game running and just watch it far too often. I am rather a 'hands-off' player and enjoy seeing what the autonomy causes, often using it to guide my gameplay... for example if a householder autonomously chats to the same npc/townie sim often, I make them into good friends and start them doing stuff together. A sim who autonomously cooks grilled cheese a lot, I give the grilled cheese aspiration to. A sim who cooks often will become a chef. This is extra fun for the fact that I use the Random Traits on AgeUp mod, meaning that I don't control who has what traits and the autonomy often takes the traits into account.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I have noticed something rather peculiar in my main save that I didn’t even realise I had done until a few generations in. What is it, you say? Well, it all started without me even noticing; in fact here’s some background.

When I started my main save, I started with a couple, Alena and Edward who had three kids named Brody, Ryder and Brandi. Brandi ended up marrying Blaze Gonzalez, the local criminal (Blaze is a woman, btw. It’s actually really important later on when I get to the point). They adopted two kids, Destinee and Rylee. Destinee married her friend Kaylyn whilst Rylee married his high school sweetheart Lara. Destinee and Kaylyn then had two children, Bronson and Gracelyn. Bronson married Francis and I think I can just get to the point now.

What I have done, completely coincidentally, is make the older sibling of descendants of Brandi and Blaze gay. I noticed this only 5 or 6 generations in, but I think it’s pretty neat so I’m keeping it going!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • FifinezFifinez Posts: 59 Member
    I intentionally torture my sims in various ways. I let their energy low enough to pass out in random places, I lock them outside in their pyjamas when it's freezing, and when they drop dead I use a death flower. I make someone sabotage the rocket so it would crash. Sometimes I make sims eat spoiled food just to make them throw up. I feel like spontaneous misfortunes don't happen often enough in TS4, so I have to compensate for it by creating "accidents" myself. Sims shouldn't get too comfortable with their life, where's the fun in that? >:)