Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Play - New Sims 4 Experience Speculation

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Erpe wrote: »
    @LiELF The word apocalypse has different meanings as you can see on http://www.dictionary.com/browse/apocalypse But it usually means divine interference or in games more often universal destruction or disaster. It has more and more mainly come to mean the earth after a huge Third World War where all the nuclear weapons were used (a post apocalyptic world).

Believe me, as a longtime fan of apocalyptic and dystopian themes in fiction, I'm well aware. ;)

I was merely pointing out that artistically, it can be changed or expanded or focused to be whatever the creator wants.

Exactly. In fact there's a recently released movie that focuses on the aftermath of some type of apocalyptic event and no where in the movie is there any mention of exactly what happened.
    This still doesn’t seem appropriate for the Sims games though. Also it would quite strongly contradict TS4’s main theme about (almost) eternal happiness.

Which EA might see as a good thing, since they've acknowledged that many of us DO NOT want eternal happiness.

Welp. Looks like two theories were just debunked in just two tweets:

1. Sims 4 will be around for quite a while.
    2. There's still a chance for an apocalyptic type pack.

Whoooop!! Man, that was a difficult vote for me. I just wanted to vote, "yes".

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    this one is really a hard one. I like time travel/medieval times, but a space pack could help flesh out aliens and give us a new location and end of the world is a really great for storytellers as long as it is optional and not forced onto everyone else, I'm all for it. As for Hunger Games, that seems too specific, imo.
  • Options
    HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    It's VR, I just feel it.
    That's what most developers are doing this era.
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Back in time seems like the only decent option though I'd prefer a pack that just gave us worlds that felt older and offered fashion and objects from the 40s-90s. Seriously what would our Sims do with Hunger Games surely not run around killing each other this poll just does not seem serious at all. If they do give us something back in time I hope the world is closed off and actually filled with NPC of that era that dress correctly and the Sims that live there hate these forced shared worlds where you can never stick with a theme because everyone shows up.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member

I wonder if this relates to EA Play at all?

It looks seasons-ish, supernatural-ish, my second spooky stuff-ish?

I'm sure they would only announce an EP at EA Play, but could the announcement be earlier and they're giving more details then?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    What intrigues me is the way the Sim seems to be jumping in, and the apprehensive expression on his face. What is happening?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member

I'm sure they would only announce an EP at EA Play, but could the announcement be earlier and they're giving more details then?

It probably is playable at EA play. They're going to do a trailer first, then a blog, livestreams? and at some point the embargo lifts for the youtubers/gamechangers etc

They said the next experience will be PLAYABLE at EA play, they never said they were going to make an announcement at EA play.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Honestly, that teaser could mean anything. Is it for seasons like the season Fall? Is it for witches with a scarecrow? Is it farming with the scarecrow? I don't know.
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Why did the thread for that tweet get deleted? There are multiple threads about the same rumors every day, but the one thing that ACTUALLY hints at something new gets deleted?
    It's weird to have to dig through older/bigger threads to find new infos :|

*sigh*

Well, Spooky Stuff 2 would be the biggest disappointment, so my guess would be Seasons (duh) or something regarding farming.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Gelysen wrote: »

It probably is playable at EA play. They're going to do a trailer first, then a blog, livestreams? and at some point the embargo lifts for the youtubers/gamechangers etc

They said the next experience will be PLAYABLE at EA play, they never said they were going to make an announcement at EA play.

Is it my imagination or do the leaves in the background look different?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

You're right. The tree has yellow leaves. :o
  • Options
    BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member

Also keep in mind that it could be in Brindleton Bay where some of the trees are in fall colors. I am really hoping for seasons though!
  • Options
    BooDaBoo5 wrote: »

Also keep in mind that it could be in Brindleton Bay where some of the trees are in fall colors. I am really hoping for seasons though!

True, although it is known that official trailers & livestreams show new content in combination with only the base game - maybe these tiny teasers are the same?
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I think it’s pretty obvious what this teaser is about but hey... we’ll see the full thing tomorrow
  • Options
    Were it not for the leaves I'd have though it was farming.

This doesn't suggest witches to me, as I'd associate witches with cauldrons, broomsticks, familiars etc, not scarecrows.

It may well not be seasons. Whatever it is roll on tomorrow.
  • Options
    AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    edited May 2018
  • Options
    AspenSims wrote: »

That's actually a very clever choice of quote on their part.
  • Options
    AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    Right? Cause people would think they mean the fall leaves! But no.... ;)
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Could it be? It's certainly from the Nightmare before Christmas - a wonderful movie, btw.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    That really looks like Seasons. Guys, they're trying to create a hype for whatever the new content is and I can honestly not imagine a more effective way to kill the hype than very strongly hinting at seasons and then announcing something else. No one is going to want anything other than seasons.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2018
    Remember the customer service that talked about Seasons release date? Seems like this leak is legit
    If it gets announced tomorrow then it will probably release around September.

DXfx2cXXcAE7Nry.jpg

(City Living got announced September 12 and released November 1)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I just gotta say it: I'm so excited!! I really hope it's seasons.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    Seems like this leak is legit

DXfx2cXXcAE7Nry.jpg

If they already have footage from the game in the teaser, it's unlikely to release in September. It will probably be ready in June at EA Play.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Seems like this leak is legit

DXfx2cXXcAE7Nry.jpg

If they already have footage from the game in the teaser, it's unlikely to release in September. It will probably be ready in June at EA Play.

City Living's trailer released on September 12 and the actual game got released November 1
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    City Living's trailer released on September 12 and the actual game got released November 1

True, but it's also going to be playable at EA Play, which means it's almost ready for release. It seems kinda strange for them to need 3 months after EA Play for them to release the game to the general public.