Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Replace a corrupted lot directly thru the Tray folder?

SimmySimianSimmySimian Posts: 357 Member
Hello,
There’s a lot in windenburg that freezes my computer. I don’t think i’ve ever played the lot once. How can I find the file name of a lot? Or is there a better way to fix this? It’s the Pier Palace lot, btw.

Edited to add:
I just repaired the game (again), opened game, chose a new lot from the Gallery, and chose this corrupted lot to place it. My game is now stuck on “Building Lot...”, and when I go to Force Quit (I’m on a Mac), it does not say “The Sims 4 (not responding)” but after waiting 5 mins I have to force quit anyway.

Any suggestions for fixing other than porting my favorite Sims over to a whole new game/world?

Thank you for your help :)
Post edited by SimmySimian on

Comments

• Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Can you enter the lot in build mode and bulldoze it?
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    No :(
    I tried to evict sim, move in a new one, bulldoze, replace...
    Game freezes each time.
    I’m in the process of making copies of all my played sims and will start a whole new game if nothing else works.
  • Options
    How about evicting the sim then entering the lot in build mode without anyone on the lot? Which lot is it BTW?
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    It’s the Pier Palace lot on the island, and yeah I tried that. Game just spins and spins.
  • Options
    So, is replacing all relevant files out of game not a thing?
  • Options
    So, is replacing all relevant files out of game not a thing?

Not really. If you can save the lot to your Library then its Tray files will be the ones with the most recent modified date. I'm happy to test the save for you if you want to upload it to a file sharing site :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    I’ll just start from scratch and then import my Sims and lots, but thank you anyways :)