Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    edited May 2018
    alostteen wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > alostteen wrote: »
    >
    > Why is CC from a trusted creator appearing like this? http : / / prntscr . c o m / jeyz4o (remove spaces where necessary) Please don't remove my comment because there's a picture. The website won't let me post pictures...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @alostteen
    > You may not have the original mesh for the hair. Try going back to the cc download site and see if there is an original mesh that you also need to download.

Hi, thanks for your reply. No, there's no mesh needed. It was supposed to be a new mesh. The creator is Kiara Zurk: a well-known Maxis-match C.C. creator. Also, this is only an example of the catastrophe. I went on a C.C. hair haul days ago, and every single one of them appeared akin to the one in the picture. Ironically enough, a few from Kiara Zurk were the only ones that worked fine. What could be causing this?

Hello
    The cc may have become broken due to a game patch,. Sims 4 Studio tool has batch fixes that includes fixing the cc items broken by recent patches.
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/562/sims-studio-windows-wishes-open
    (register with the site first before trying to access the download page )
    It would be good to download the latest version and run the batch fixes.
    After installing the program, click the custon content label at the top of the screen, and the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu, in the cas section.
    You need to register on the site but it is free. You need to be logged in to access the download page.
  • alostteenalostteen Posts: 56 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > alostteen wrote: »
    > >
    > > Why is CC from a trusted creator appearing like this? http : / / prntscr . c o m / jeyz4o (remove spaces where necessary) Please don't remove my comment because there's a picture. The website won't let me post pictures...
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @alostteen
    > > You may not have the original mesh for the hair. Try going back to the cc download site and see if there is an original mesh that you also need to download.
    >
    >
    > Hi, thanks for your reply. No, there's no mesh needed. It was supposed to be a new mesh. The creator is Kiara Zurk: a well-known Maxis-match C.C. creator. Also, this is only an example of the catastrophe. I went on a C.C. hair haul days ago, and every single one of them appeared akin to the one in the picture. Ironically enough, a few from Kiara Zurk were the only ones that worked fine. What could be causing this?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > The cc may have become broken due to a game patch,. Sims 4 Studio tool has batch fixes that includes fixing the cc items broken by recent patches.
    > h t t p://sims4studi o.com/thread/562/sims-studio-windows-wishes-op en
    > (register with the site first before trying to access the download page )
    > It would be good to download the latest version and run the batch fixes.
    > After installing the program, click the custon content label at the top of the screen, and the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu, in the cas section.
    > You need to register on the site but it is free. You need to be logged in to access the download page.

Thanks for your tip, I'll try it. But I wanted to ask: can an un-updated game be the cause?
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > alostteen wrote: »
    > >
    > > Why is CC from a trusted creator appearing like this? http : / / prntscr . c o m / jeyz4o (remove spaces where necessary) Please don't remove my comment because there's a picture. The website won't let me post pictures...
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @alostteen
    > > You may not have the original mesh for the hair. Try going back to the cc download site and see if there is an original mesh that you also need to download.
    >
    >
    > Hi, thanks for your reply. No, there's no mesh needed. It was supposed to be a new mesh. The creator is Kiara Zurk: a well-known Maxis-match C.C. creator. Also, this is only an example of the catastrophe. I went on a C.C. hair haul days ago, and every single one of them appeared akin to the one in the picture. Ironically enough, a few from Kiara Zurk were the only ones that worked fine. What could be causing this?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > The cc may have become broken due to a game patch,. Sims 4 Studio tool has batch fixes that includes fixing the cc items broken by recent patches.
    > h t t p://sims4studi o.com/thread/562/sims-studio-windows-wishes-op en
    > (register with the site first before trying to access the download page )
    > It would be good to download the latest version and run the batch fixes.
    > After installing the program, click the custon content label at the top of the screen, and the batch fix options will be able to be accessed from the drop down menu, in the cas section.
    > You need to register on the site but it is free. You need to be logged in to access the download page.

Thanks for your tip, I'll try it. But I wanted to ask: can an un-updated game be the cause?

Hello
    It could be the cause. The cc is made to be used with an updated game, and there can be issues if the game isn’t uptodate. It would be best to have your game fully updated with the latest patch, then check to see if the issues remain.
    Thanks so much for your help! I'll give it a try and let you know! :smiley:
    Hi, @rosemow. Can you tell me how to fix a broken C.C. file that just eventually broke without any patch updates? When I run the third-party application Mod Conflict Detector, it lists it as broken and the game itself displays error reports due to that certain piece of C.C. Please help, it's a really important piece of C.C. :( Thank you.
    Hi, @rosemow. Can you tell me how to fix a broken C.C. file that just eventually broke without any patch updates? When I run the third-party application Mod Conflict Detector, it lists it as broken and the game itself displays error reports due to that certain piece of C.C. Please help, it's a really important piece of C.C. :( Thank you.

Hello.
    Try seeing if you receive the same error message if that cc item is the only item in your mods folder when you load the game. It may be conflicting with other cc that you own.
    If you still get the errors when testing with it on its own in the folder, you will need to be in touch with the cc creator and explain about the issue that you are having with the cc.
  • Emily5282Emily5282 Posts: 10 New Member
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    -I would have to say seasons, or late night, as i like the added portion of realism with the seasons. And I like how many clothing styles are on latenight
    2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    -The open ended creations you can make
    3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    -Yes, when I want to make a mansion Ill use motherlode, when building i sometimes use moveobjects(remove parts of fireplace)
    4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    -Sometimes smaller houses look better than bigger ones
    5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    -Nope -tried the trial from origin but didn't like it
    About how i got my games:
    My dad and i usually go to flea markets/yard sales
    -One day at a vendor we know very well had a HUGE bag full of sims 2 & 3(and even 4) with tons of expansions for $25 so when i went to put in sims 4, i downloaded the trial instead!(didn't realize it at the time, thought i had used the code for it)
    -Anyway the code for the sims 4 didn't work so i was nervous when i went to go to the sims 3.
    -Luckily all the sims 3 games/expansions work(codes)
    -I might not use the sims 2, as I like the sims 3(so idk what to do cuz im not sure they'll work)
    Thanks @rosemow . I'll see what I can do. :)
    Emily5282 wrote: »
    1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    -I would have to say seasons, or late night, as i like the added portion of realism with the seasons. And I like how many clothing styles are on latenight
    2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    -The open ended creations you can make
    3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    -Yes, when I want to make a mansion Ill use motherlode, when building i sometimes use moveobjects(remove parts of fireplace)
    4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    -Sometimes smaller houses look better than bigger ones
    5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    -Nope -tried the trial from origin but didn't like it
    About how i got my games:
    My dad and i usually go to flea markets/yard sales
    -One day at a vendor we know very well had a HUGE bag full of sims 2 & 3(and even 4) with tons of expansions for $25 so when i went to put in sims 4, i downloaded the trial instead!(didn't realize it at the time, thought i had used the code for it)
    -Anyway the code for the sims 4 didn't work so i was nervous when i went to go to the sims 3.
    -Luckily all the sims 3 games/expansions work(codes)
    -I might not use the sims 2, as I like the sims 3(so idk what to do cuz im not sure they'll work)

Hello @Emily5282 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Sims 3 Seasons is a great expansion pack! It is enjoyable seeing our sims living with the different weather conditions each day, and enjoying the seasonal activities.
    The moo cheat is very helpful when building. It enables to use our creativity in our builds in a variety of new ways!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forums and find new helpful tips about playing the game.
    Happy simming! :)
    Hi @rosemow Can you please explain to me (since you're an expert <3) why my .package files don't appear on my mods list and my game? All the .ts4script/.py/.pyo script files are there -- but not the .package file. Any help?
    Hi @rosemow Can you please explain to me (since you're an expert <3) why my .package files don't appear on my mods list and my game? All the .ts4script/.py/.pyo script files are there -- but not the .package file. Any help?

Hello @alostteen
    I am just checking. Make sure that you have extracted the package files out of the zipped folder or the rar file, if they come in zipped or rar formats. Don’t leave the zipped folders that contain the package files also in the mods folder. Move those zipped folders to another part of your computer,
    Try placing the package files directly into the mods folder without being in sub folders.
    Check that the files are for sims 4, and not for sims 2 or 3.
    Hi, @rosemow. Hope you're well. I've identified what's causing the issue, but I can't fix it. Help, please? You're my only hope... So, first they didn't appear in game. Now, however, I've discovered something... In the attached screenshot all the folders that are labeled "(C.A.S.)", except the "(C.A.S.) Skin Details" folder, contain items that are causing my game to generate errors instead of start. I can't narrow down which certain C.C. is it. Mod Conflict Detector isn't picking up any error-positive results... Also, it's not just one "(C.A.S.)" folder -- it's all of them except "(C.A.S.) Skin Details." I know this is a silly situation, and it's almost impossible for you to know... But please, can you at least suggest a way I can find out which certain C.C. or pieces of C.C. are doing this...? Thanks as always. :smile:
    > @alostteen said:
    > Hi, @rosemow. Hope you're well. I've identified what's causing the issue, but I can't fix it. Help, please? You're my only hope... So, first they didn't appear in game. Now, however, I've discovered something... In the attached screenshot all the folders that are labeled "(C.A.S.)", except the "(C.A.S.) Skin Details" folder, contain items that are causing my game to generate errors instead of start. I can't narrow down which certain C.C. is it. Mod Conflict Detector isn't picking up any error-positive results... Also, it's not just one "(C.A.S.)" folder -- it's all of them except "(C.A.S.) Skin Details." I know this is a silly situation, and it's almost impossible for you to know... But please, can you at least suggest a way I can find out which certain C.C. or pieces of C.C. are doing this...? Thanks as always. :smile:

Screenshot: h t t p :// prntscr . c o m / jhvt3i
    > @alostteen said:
    > Hi, @rosemow. Hope you're well. I've identified what's causing the issue, but I can't fix it. Help, please? You're my only hope... So, first they didn't appear in game. Now, however, I've discovered something... In the attached screenshot all the folders that are labeled "(C.A.S.)", except the "(C.A.S.) Skin Details" folder, contain items that are causing my game to generate errors instead of start. I can't narrow down which certain C.C. is it. Mod Conflict Detector isn't picking up any error-positive results... Also, it's not just one "(C.A.S.)" folder -- it's all of them except "(C.A.S.) Skin Details." I know this is a silly situation, and it's almost impossible for you to know... But please, can you at least suggest a way I can find out which certain C.C. or pieces of C.C. are doing this...? Thanks as always. :smile:

Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/jhvt3i

JBElbkz.png

Hello @alostteen
    I am sorry but you may need to go through each of the folders to test to see which cc are causing the errors :(

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

You could also run the Sims 4 Studio cas batch fixes that I posted about in earlier post to see if that helps.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16468208/#Comment_16468208
    All, right. Thanks @rosemow. :)
  • julucindajulucinda Posts: 30 Member
    Hi guys!! I'm new to the forum and trying to gets likes so I can post my issues

But maybe I can post my problems here? My game keeps crashing in the middle of gameplay and idk what the issue could be
    julucinda wrote: »
    Hi guys!! I'm new to the forum and trying to gets likes so I can post my issues

But maybe I can post my problems here? My game keeps crashing in the middle of gameplay and idk what the issue could be

Hello @julucinda. Are you playing Sims 3 or Sims 4 ?

Because you are unable to start a new thread because you are a new member, you are welcome to post in these threads.
    Sims 3 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest
    Sims 4 issues
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/878318/thread-for-new-members-to-post-game-issues#latest
  • julucindajulucinda Posts: 30 Member
    @rosemow I'm playing Sims 4! I'll check out those forums, thanks so much!!
  • abgirleeabgirlee Posts: 25 Member
    I am a long time simmer. Played Sims 1 and now just Sims 3. Did play 4 for a while, but it's just not as fun. Just wanted to say hi! :smile:
    abgirlee wrote: »
    I am a long time simmer. Played Sims 1 and now just Sims 3. Did play 4 for a while, but it's just not as fun. Just wanted to say hi! :smile:

Hello @abgirlee :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is great that you started simming by playing the original Sims 1, and are now playing Sims 3. You would have many happy sims 1 memories of times spent playing the game.
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads and posting on the threads about your simming experiences and the sims in your games.
    Happy simming! :)
  • abgirleeabgirlee Posts: 25 Member
    I suffer from PTSD and chronic pain from 2 car accidents and I don't know what I'd do without TS3. It helps me when I'm having night terrors. It helps when I'm feeling overwhelmed with pain or anxiety. TS3 is very dear to my heart. :)
    abgirlee wrote: »
    I suffer from PTSD and chronic pain from 2 car accidents and I don't know what I'd do without TS3. It helps me when I'm having night terrors. It helps when I'm feeling overwhelmed with pain or anxiety. TS3 is very dear to my heart. :)

Hello @abgirlee
    I am so sorry to hear that you are enduring chronic pain and suffering from PTSD as a result of the car accidents, and suffer from night terrors and anxiety :( I send hugs to you <3 It is not nice at all for you. I am glad that simming helps you as you endure through this day by day. Simming is very beneficial when going through physical and mental pain and suffering.
    Sending another hug to you <3