Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what is the point of releasing new events if they're impossible for free players?

new marriage event - 15 quests in 2 days with every event in the quest taking 8 hours.
Do you expect everyone to be throwing hundreds of dollars on a mobile game just to rush these? Because if you do, get real, people are more likely to uninstall than to do that.

Comments

• GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I couldn't agree more.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • ScottyiskawaiiScottyiskawaii Posts: 7 New Member
    > @mirta000 said:
    > new marriage event - 15 quests in 2 days with every event in the quest taking 8 hours.
    > Do you expect everyone to be throwing hundreds of dollars on a mobile game just to rush these? Because if you do, get real, people are more likely to uninstall than to do that.

I was able to complete the event in the time limit even without spending any simcash on speeding the events. Only used 2 cupcakes.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Because they expect people to buy than wait. Not right in any shape or form but sadly not unexpected.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I completed the wedding event without using any simcash... But I do agree.
    I hated the ASOS event because it was pretty much impossible to get all the rewards without spending money on the game... I was able to reach the second milestone and I did the tasks whenever they were available and it still wasn't enough.
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    I completed the ASOS event without using a simcash. I just needed to put my Sims to interact and that made the event faster. It makes it easier if you have a bathtub or items that boost your energy level, but you definitely did not have to spend money. I was doing 250 tokens / day on average.

In the wedding event, I also did not use any simcash, I just did not find the actions of the event intuitive, but I managed to finish it too.

Currently the game gives you 3 simcashs daily and 1 cupcake.
  • DudeitsbethDudeitsbeth Posts: 11 New Member
    DUDE FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT
  • TheRealXtremeTVTheRealXtremeTV Posts: 17 Member
    I totally agree,
  • Maria82Maria82 Posts: 52 Member
    I only had one more reward item to go (100 something points away), but the first 2 days of the event I wasn't feeling well, so I barely played. Now I don't have the pink coat or the hobby.
  • Maria82Maria82 Posts: 52 Member
    I only had one more reward item to go (100 something points away), but the first 2 days of the event I wasn't feeling well, so I barely played. Now I don't have the pink coat or the hobby.
  • amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    I also ran out of time and that was playing all day for the past few days! I used cupcakes, naps, showers, etc. and I still couldn't finish in time. When I signed on today it was gone. What a huge letdown.
  • HardernaterHardernater Posts: 65 Member
    I also ran out of time and that was playing all day for the past few days! I used cupcakes, naps, showers, etc. and I still couldn't finish in time. When I signed on today it was gone. What a huge letdown.

Really? that wedding event is pretty easy, it only took me 8 hours to complete it.

118n437.jpg

Admin of The Sims™ Mobile Community at Facebook

The Sims Mobile : Hard2Describe / HYC9F67

• ForumExplorerForumExplorer Posts: 24 Member
    edited May 2018
    I payed and just got the same freaking shirt 5 times in a row. It's ducking BS
  • Deathb4decafDeathb4decaf Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree with the above on the timeline for some of these events. I had 4 quests left in the wedding event and logged in after work today to discover it was over. If I was unemployed I'm sure I'd be able to finish no problem but let's be real - I can't sit on my phone for 8 hours a day at work to finish a quest. Extend special quest timelines for those that can't play Sims all day every day!
  • JoysieJoysie Posts: 36 Member
    I was wondering who else still hasn't got the bubble blower in the luxery event. It's getting redicoulus. I have even paid real money and opened lot and lots of boxes. I have gotten the max amount of every single other item and I'm now constantly getting tickets.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited May 2018
    Joysie wrote: »
    I was wondering who else still hasn't got the bubble blower in the luxery event. It's getting redicoulus. I have even paid real money and opened lot and lots of boxes. I have gotten the max amount of every single other item and I'm now constantly getting tickets.

I got a bubble blower. So have others in here . I spent no money getting one. I'm using the special coins from the event. It's luck of the draw and there are 6 days left to try. You need 4 ottomans for the bubble blower to work . if the bubble Blower breaks it's close to 1000 coins to fix. EA need to lower the amount things cost when they break and the frequency of items breaking in the game
    [quote="phoebebebe13;c-16491324"][quote="Joysie;c-16491281"]I was wondering who else still hasn't got the bubble blower in the luxery event. It's getting redicoulus. I have even paid real money and opened lot and lots of boxes. I have gotten the max amount of every single other item and I'm now constantly getting tickets.[/quote]

I got a bubble blower. So have others in here . I spent no money getting one. I'm using the special coins from the event. It's luck of the draw and there are 6 days left to try. You need 4 ottomans for the bubble blower to work . if the bubble Blower breaks it's close to 1000 coins to fix. EA need to lower the amount things cost when they break and the frequency of items breaking in the game[/quote]

Thanks for giving me hope that I might still get one

I got a bubble blower. So have others in here . I spent no money getting one. I'm using the special coins from the event. It's luck of the draw and there are 6 days left to try. You need 4 ottomans for the bubble blower to work . if the bubble Blower breaks it's close to 1000 coins to fix. EA need to lower the amount things cost when they break and the frequency of items breaking in the game

Thanks for giving me hope that I might still get one

Your welcome. Might be better to try on off peak hours when not as many people are on the web trying to get chests. I got allot of coins and tickets. When it comes up with something you already have it switches to coins and tickets. It might be easier if you did not have your inventory full with everything. I still did not get the Moroccan lamp which I want and I have not gotten any rugs either.
  • Noodle9Noodle9 Posts: 8 New Member
    [/quote="Joysie;c-16491281"]I was wondering who else still hasn't got the bubble blower in the luxery event. It's getting redicoulus. I have even paid real money and opened lot and lots of boxes. I have gotten the max amount of every single other item and I'm now constantly getting tickets.[/quote]

I haven't gotten one either. I've got the max of end tables though :/ . I've been getting a bunch of duplicates now, so I'm guessing I'm gonna be one of the unlucky ones and miss out on the hot tub AND bubble blowers... 5 days left, but I'm not holding my breath. Plus this event stuff is high to fix. I broke the love seat and it was 469. Haven't used it since.
    [quote="Noodle9;c-16494333"][/quote="Joysie;c-16491281"]I was wondering who else still hasn't got the bubble blower in the luxery event. It's getting redicoulus. I have even paid real money and opened lot and lots of boxes. I have gotten the max amount of every single other item and I'm now constantly getting tickets.[/quote]

I haven't gotten one either. I've got the max of end tables though :/ . I've been getting a bunch of duplicates now, so I'm guessing I'm gonna be one of the unlucky ones and miss out on the hot tub AND bubble blowers... 5 days left, but I'm not holding my breath. Plus this event stuff is high to fix. I broke the love seat and it was 469. Haven't used it since.

[/quote]
    Ouch, you also missed out on the hottub
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    I did manage to do the marriage quest before the time was up. I just stock up on these cupcakes and do that Do To List every day.
  • Assana8Assana8 Posts: 31 Member
    Some events I agree with. Like the the Asos event. I really wanted to complete it but didn't. I think it's unfair that som3 haven't got it and others have. But I don't dwell on it.

I finished the marriage quest without paying real money. I found that easier than expected. I also started four days late.

The current bubble blower quest for me, doesn't require the use of cupcakes. So I'm saving them for another event. I think I may complete it. But as I have already received a bubble blower I will be okay if I don't
    036ae1c16dc75d087037a7af203b8877--cosima-niehaus-bbc-america.jpg
    - Don't suck on your bitter lemons, add a little sugar and make sweet lemonade.
  • Kiaya4lifeKiaya4life Posts: 5 New Member
    The bubble quest...Is driving me crazy... I've received all items at least once some even 5x tumes, but I haven't received the bubble machine! Another frustrating challenge me for me.
  • Katie_LinKatie_Lin Posts: 17 Member
    Agreed. I'm at the point where I'm contemplating giving up on the game. I keep working my butt off and never getting the main item (bubble blower, hot tub, etc). At this point, I've earned about 2500 coins but am only getting duplicate items which is giving me tickets I have no need for. It's frustrating and makes me feel like I've just wasted a ton of time and energy.
    Katie_Lin wrote: »
    Agreed. I'm at the point where I'm contemplating giving up on the game. I keep working my butt off and never getting the main item (bubble blower, hot tub, etc). At this point, I've earned about 2500 coins but am only getting duplicate items which is giving me tickets I have no need for. It's frustrating and makes me feel like I've just wasted a ton of time and energy.

I got two bubble blowers and no lamp. the bubble blowers are huge and have no need or room for two of them. You need 4 ottomans or 4 chairs for the bubble blower to work properly. I wish ea would permit us to gift out some of these items or sell them back or trade out. I would love to trade someone my second bubble blower for a lamp
  • FlanFlan Posts: 10 New Member
    I agree with others! I’ve fully participated in this event. I’ve even rushed leisurely reflections several times. I was so frustrated I bought $10 in cash and still not one bubble blower. I’m getting only duplicates. Come on I even rushed and spent money!! I’m really disappointed