Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Retirement and moving out

I’ve found that despite the scope of Sims Mobile being far beyond my expectations a few poor design choices almost push you away. I played daily for weeks before encountering retirement which quickly removes my desire to continue.

Retirement pop-up: Once you reach Level 16 a Retire prompt will begin to appear, which can easily lead to accidental retirement. This pop up serves no real purpose since retirement can be activated in the Sims menu.

False info: All information in game and on forums imply a retired Sims continues to
Live in your house with the OPTION to move out.Though this is partially true for a short time eventually they have a forced final birthday in which you have no option but for them to move out of the household.

No take backs: If you do accidentally click on retire or age up the only way to cancel the action is to close out the games and relaunch it. This is frustrating and unbenificial to both the player and Maxis.

Together all these mechanics lead to players becoming frustrating or disinfranchised and abandoning an otherwise enjoyable game.
What's the deal with the creepy Sim in the yellow shirt, and glasses? The one right up there! I'm guessing what ever he is it starts with "serial".

Comments

• FlapjacqFlapjacq Posts: 12 New Member
    My sim married a character (benjamin setler) in the game and he started living in my house. I retired that sim but he doesn thave the option to move out! I don’t know what to do. I need more spacein the house
  • Assana8Assana8 Posts: 31 Member
    Flapjacq wrote: »
    My sim married a character (benjamin setler) in the game and he started living in my house. I retired that sim but he doesn thave the option to move out! I don’t know what to do. I need more spacein the house

Has he aged into an elder yet? Any spouses left in the house, after their loved one has retired and moved out, will eventually age. It happens quickly. Maybe overnight? I'm not sure how long exactly. But once they age into an elder you should have the option to move them out without playing them.
    036ae1c16dc75d087037a7af203b8877--cosima-niehaus-bbc-america.jpg
    - Don't suck on your bitter lemons, add a little sugar and make sweet lemonade.
    > @Assana8 said:
    > Flapjacq wrote: »
    >
    > My sim married a character (benjamin setler) in the game and he started living in my house. I retired that sim but he doesn thave the option to move out! I don’t know what to do. I need more spacein the house
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Has he aged into an elder yet? Any spouses left in the house, after their loved one has retired and moved out, will eventually age. It happens quickly. Maybe overnight? I'm not sure how long exactly. But once they age into an elder you should have the option to move them out without playing them.

He’s been in my house for over a week now. Doesn’t seem to be aging at all. He doesn’t belong to other players. D;
  • Assana8Assana8 Posts: 31 Member
    Flapjacq wrote: »

He’s been in my house for over a week now. Doesn’t seem to be aging at all. He doesn’t belong to other players. D;

Usually when my sim retires I move them out straight away. Then a short time later their spouse ages without me realising. Then the option comes up to move them out.

Have you clicked your family portrait and seen the NPC in the family? Click the sim to see if there's the option to move them out.
    036ae1c16dc75d087037a7af203b8877--cosima-niehaus-bbc-america.jpg
    - Don't suck on your bitter lemons, add a little sugar and make sweet lemonade.
    I did click on it and the move out option isnt available. His children can be moved out but just not him
  • nartesnartes Posts: 1 New Member
    Another problem with the forced elder birthday that moves them out is that it happens too soon. Five days ago I retired one of my sims and spent all my time with another sim completing an elder event with the retired sim. I was one or two events away from completing the story (close to reaching relationship level 10) when the retired sim moved out, making the past few days useless. To improve the game, I would perhaps make moving out an option like retirement but with fewer annoying pop-ups or increasing the length of time as an elder to two or more weeks.