Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Daydream" and "Relax" interations

Hi all! I've been working on an idea of a lounge chair, after having found the "hidden" daydream interaction on beds. I had the interaction added to a single bed, and it worked perfectly:

Ruq2fxd.png

I stopped working on the project for bit, and after some game updates and coming back to it, it no longer works. The interaction in the pie menu is now blank, and clicking on it half-works - my sim gets the right interaction lounging icon in their queue, and the time I've set for the interaction counts down correctly... but my sim just freezes in place until the interaction is over.

I know there is another mod that adds this interaction to all beds, so I downloaded it, and behold, same thing - interaction is blank in the pie menu and does nothing when chosen.

I've figured maybe an update renamed/renumbered something, but I'm having no luck digging it up. Before I go crazy, @SimGuruModSquad have both Daydream and Relax actually been removed, or am I just missing them? I was using Daydream 10324 (as Relax, 13093, never seemed to work) but now it appears that Daydream is 31090, although I still can't get it to do anything when manually called? :#
Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
Alienware R4 17: i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 8GB NVidia GTX 1070

Comments

• simmythesimsimmythesim Posts: 153 Member
    I checked the Daydream interaction, and it seems that it's just a new interaction that has the same name. Maybe they realized that it wasn't being used anyway, so they removed it?

The new daydream interaction isn't actually on the bed, instead, it seems to be an interaction for child sims to perform on their own.
  • pedruuabreupedruuabreu Posts: 1 New Member
    So, the Daydream interaction seems to have been replaced, but the Relax one is still there, animation included. It is actually used sometimes when there's a double bed placed next to a wall, and you tell your sim to sleep on the side that's next to the wall. They will first relax on the bed, then move to the other side, and then go to sleep. I've seen sims do it other times as well, but they never do it autonomously just for the sake of relaxing on the bed, it seems to be a sort of transition between interactions on the bed.

I just wish the interaction would be unlocked, because it's there and it's pretty much finished.
  • Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    Ah, okay! I'll scrap Daydream, then, and focus back on getting Relax to work. If it's a brief transitional interaction, I'll see what I can do to expand its timing. I've never seen any of my sims relax at all, and had no idea how to trigger it in game, so I was very confused as to if it were still a thing! I'll keep poking around, thank you! :smiley:
    Playing on an HP Z800: 2x 6-core Intel Xeon X5660s, 48GB RAM, 4GB nVidia GTX 970
  • Nearia35Nearia35 Posts: 522 Member
    In my explorations and tests, it seems like "Relax" isn't actually an interaction, but rather an idle state of some sort? I've noticed while my sims are doing other things (E.G. sitting on something else, bed, couch, etc) and I tell them to Relax on my lounge chair, they passively complete the interaction right where they are already sitting.

I've tried investigating the relax-and-scoot that happens if they try to get in a double bed against a wall, but I'm not finding anything exceedingly obvious that clicks for me in an "ah-ha!" moment. If Relax no longer is a full interaction by itself, I think recreating it will be beyond my scope of abilities.