Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't complete quest due to incompatible traits

So I'm doing the legendary fountain thing with my spy.

I randomized his traits, and he ended up with Solitary and Eloquent, plus the Insecure fatal flaw. I'm supposed to make him get lonely before returning to the fountain, and now my quest performance is tanking because Solitary and Insecure are incompatible.

The Solitary trait gives a bunch of positive moodlets (+15 for "I can do it on my own" and +15 for "Enjoying solitude". I'd maxed my quest meter to platinum, but it just keeps degrading because the Solitary trait won't allow him to get the Lonely moodlet he needs to progress with the quest.

Seems like a major oversight by EA. And, for a game-breaking glitch, there's zero information on this issue anywhere... Am I really the only one who's encountered this bug? is there a cheat I can use to fix it?
I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Do you have cheats enabled? (it's kind of a hassle in this game, but there are how-tos online). If you do, I believe you can use those to change your Hero's traits, which would be the only way forward from this glitch. Ordinarily, incompatible traits don't allow you to choose them at the same time, but it sounds as if someone missed flagging these as "do not mix" in development.

Good luck sorting it out!
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Do you have cheats enabled? (it's kind of a hassle in this game, but there are how-tos online). If you do, I believe you can use those to change your Hero's traits, which would be the only way forward from this glitch. Ordinarily, incompatible traits don't allow you to choose them at the same time, but it sounds as if someone missed flagging these as "do not mix" in development.

Good luck sorting it out!

I don't use cheats in Medieval beyond rerollQuests. But I looked everywhere online and couldn't find any information about this issue.

I was eventually able to complete the quest though. I found out, by randomly clicking around the screen, that there's a self-interaction you can do to get the Lonely moodlet. It's not mentioned anywhere in the quest instructions, or in the description (when you hover over the step), so definitely an oversight on EA's part.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

• Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    That's how The Sims Medieval has been made. If you make a hero like that, the only way "out" is to feed him to the pitmonster and make a new.
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    That's how The Sims Medieval has been made. If you make a hero like that, the only way "out" is to feed him to the pitmonster and make a new.

Thankfully I didn't have to resort to that, though I was almost desperate enough to consider it.

• SimSiggySimSiggy Posts: 4 New Member
    I was forced to kiml off my knight because during the fur quest he simply couldn't get arrested and put in the stocks no matter what I did. There were constantly three people already in the stocks and the constable never showed up, eventhough it said I was about to be arrested. I waited for a long time but eventually had to face the fact that my knight simply couldn't do this quest. I even quit without saving and started the quest over, but the same thing happened again. I finally fed him to the pit monster and completed the quest with the Spy.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I just had a similar problem.
    Queen Kaylynn was supposed to marry the Elf Lord. So they're in the forest, kissing and woo-hooing and getting along great, but they can't marry. She kept getting the "My path is blocked" arm waving thing, and the marriage was off.
    I finally Shift+rtClicked and added him as a spouse. That did the trick.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg