Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play offline and sync later?

Hello, I really love this game and I've been wanting to play it offline when I'm on my travels and have no option to connect to the internet. Would it be possible to build in a play offline mode and sync to the cloud later when you're connected? Not having this option kinda defies the "play everywhere", which I would in fact love <3

Comments

• Assana8Assana8 Posts: 31 Member
    I agree with this. I have to pay for my data and it would so convenient if there was an offline mode.
    036ae1c16dc75d087037a7af203b8877--cosima-niehaus-bbc-america.jpg
    - Don't suck on your bitter lemons, add a little sugar and make sweet lemonade.
  • silversgsilversg Posts: 15 Member
    I agree. I fly frequently for work and it's kind of a bummer that I won't be able to play while I'm in flight. :(
  • Echo006Echo006 Posts: 31 Member
    I guess the reason this isn’t possible is due to events that end and start at particular times like the Hot Tub Event as well as the fact that sending stickers appears to require an internet connection. Other than that, I don’t see why they couldn’t add this feature! It would be a great quality of life improvement :)
  • SimathanSimathan Posts: 3 New Member
    It's impossible to play this game offline and it will never change. The reason for this is to prevent hackers from ruining the game or allowing themselves to get infinite money.
  • LoversHovelLoversHovel Posts: 35 Member
    I have to agree with keeping it online. People can modify APKs to give currency. I would like a "Force Sync" option to make sure my progress is saved. I worry about force closing the game sometimes because it can reset my game progress.
    Choose life, because life chose you to experience it.
    I wouldn't mind paying for an offline mode. I miss playing TS2.
    [quote="LoversHovel;c-16411198"]I have to agree with keeping it online. People can modify APKs to give currency. I would like a "Force Sync" option to make sure my progress is saved. I worry about force closing the game sometimes because it can reset my game progress.[/quote]

I learned this about an hour ago. So now I turn Wi-Fi off then exit the game. I think that works.
  • Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    You know, being able to play offline would solve the problem of people being entirely unable to play to begin with. I've been trying to play this for the last five days. And for five days I'm told that there's no connection to the servers. I'm at home, with the wireless router three feet away, at most. Signal is quite strong. Which means this is on EA's end. At this rate I'm gonna remove this app without ever having had a chance to actually use it.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited April 2018
    Sims mobile is always online game and that's it.
    You want Sims offline? Buy a decent windows 10 tablet (I use Stylus Cube i7) and install Sims 3 or Sims 4 on it. Or both, why not.
    Note that on that very same tablet you can also play Sims Mobile within Bluestacks or Nox - basically you have all possibilities covered.

JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    Sims mobile is always online game and that's it.
    You want Sims offline? Buy a decent windows 10 tablet (I use Stylus Cube i7) and install Sims 3 or Sims 4 on it. Or both, why not.
    Note that on that very same tablet you can also play Sims Mobile within Bluestacks or Nox - basically you have all possibilities covered.

Thanks for the info. It's been years since I played using a computer. Imagine it was TS2 I last played on a PC. The thought of buying a computer with so many wires, just so I could play a computer game, put me off. But if that tablet is available in the UK I will be buying it very soon.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited April 2018
    Cube Stylus i7 probably isn't available any more as it's was discontinued a couple of years back but the superior version Cube Stylus i9 should be obtainable somewhere in EU (Brexit isn't done yet so you're still part of EU, right?). Just don't buy Surface, those are too expensive and I can't recommend spending that cash unless you'll use it because of brilliant software for work (example: Staffpad).

Note that I didn't see Caterpillar T20 in real world so while it could be an awsome choice if you're using it in "not friendly" surroundings, you should check with someone who has it before buying.

Yes I'm shilling for win10 based tablets. But why shouldn't I when they rock? ;)