Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to add 'Skill' XML?

I've got to the point in the development of my mod where I want to make everything work with custom skill. Unfortunately it seems like adding a XML file for new skill is not even an option as it's "crashing" the UI and throwing UI exception file. Trying to creating new class with inheritance of Skill class has the same effect.
Is there any way to create new skills?
Why does it look like skills are in some way hard coded into the game?

Below are the contents of the UI exception (there isn't even anything to refer to as this goes beyond python scripts):
<report>
		<version>2</version>
		<sessionid>eec4ba1f76f75fd0575b24bc</sessionid>
		<type>desync</type>
		<sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku>
		<createtime>2016-06-10 20:37:04</createtime>
		<buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.19.28.1010-1.300.000.72.Release</buildsignature>
		<categoryid>(AS)olympus.core::OlympusObject</categoryid>
		<desyncid>eec4ba1f76f75fd0575b24bc</desyncid>
		<systemconfig/>
		<screenshot/>
		<desyncdata>Error: Unable to retrieve static data for skill with skill id: 14685324468023653777

at olympus.core::OlympusObject/ParseObject()

at OlympusObject instance constructor()

at SimSkillInfo instance constructor()

at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage()

</desyncdata>
	</report>
	<report>
		<version>2</version>
		<sessionid>eec4ba1f76f75fd0575b24bc</sessionid>
		<type>desync</type>
		<createtime>2016-06-10 20:37:04</createtime>
		<buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.19.28.1010-1.300.000.72.Release</buildsignature>
		<desyncid>eec4ba1f76f75fd0575b24bc</desyncid>
		<systemconfig/>
		<screenshot/>
		<desyncdata>Error: Unable to retrieve static data for skill with skill id: 14685324468023653777

at SkillProgressUpdate instance constructor()

at get gamedata.Gameplay.shared::GameplayStateData/AllSkillProgressUpdates()

at widgets.Gameplay.SimInfoHUD.SkillPanel::SimInfoSkillPanelMain/RefreshDataFeed()

at widgets.shared.controls::SimInfoPanel/HandleSimActivated()

at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()

</desyncdata>
	</report>

Comments

• KodekPLKodekPL Posts: 6 New Member
    Problem resolved, I didn't realized that every UI related XML has to have equivalent of DATA file with it.
    So I would create a new discussion for my issue, but from what I've read, on weekends creating new discussions is blocked (if not forever for new members). Becoming new members (from a topic I read) requires 50 points and 30 posts. I don't see why you would want a bunch of meaningless posts from me and from I've counted I am able to collect up to 42 points and then I would need to wait for someone to like my posts, so I will just get to my issue here since I can't make a new discussion. This is just my explanation why someone may have a problem finding a solution to the same issue as I have when searching discussions, I understand that you have to somehow limit spam.

Is there any way to edit sims overall statistics? I am talking about the statistics that are available right next to the button for sim genealogy tree. Stuff like: how many times sims slept, eaten and others.
    I looked through tuning files and haven't found anything. How are these things counted and is there a way to edit these with commands, tuning or scripts?
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    I think the aspiration goals may help, there are always read for XXX hours or read X books
    RexZheng wrote: »
    I think the aspiration goals may help, there are always read for XXX hours or read X books

I went through tuning files and found 'AspirationSimInfoPanel' classes which seem to be what I was looking for, thanks.
    Now I need to figure out how to add 1 to it since completing the objective that this aspiration is hooked to makes the value maxed.
  • lakesharoshetaylorlakesharoshetaylor Posts: 7 New Member
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <root>
    <report>
    <version>2</version>
    <sessionid>8495dc72f097f5935aa83697</sessionid>
    <type>desync</type>
    <createtime>2018-03-13 23:14:47</createtime>
    <buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.41.38.1020-1.200.000.330.Release</buildsignature>
    <desyncid>8495dc72f097f5935aa83697</desyncid>
    <systemconfig/>
    <screenshot/>
    <desyncdata>Error: Unable to retrieve static data for skill with skill id: 149665

</desyncdata>
    </report>
    <report>
    <version>2</version>
    <sessionid>8495dc72f097f5935aa83697</sessionid>
    <type>desync</type>
    <createtime>2018-03-13 23:14:48</createtime>
    <buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.41.38.1020-1.200.000.330.Release</buildsignature>
    <desyncid>8495dc72f097f5935aa83697</desyncid>
    <systemconfig/>
    <screenshot/>
    <desyncdata>Error: Unable to retrieve static data for skill with skill id: 149665

</desyncdata>
    </report>
    </root>
  • ScumbumboScumbumbo Posts: 148 Member
    KodekPL wrote: »
    I went through tuning files and found 'AspirationSimInfoPanel' classes which seem to be what I was looking for, thanks.
    Now I need to figure out how to add 1 to it since completing the objective that this aspiration is hooked to makes the value maxed.
    Adding stuff to the SimInfo panel is pretty straightforward. I use a few of these in the SimLotto mod, feel free to take a look - one is a simple objective count of number of times Sims performed chosen interactions, the other is total lottery winnings and the count for that is added to by the script portion of the mod.