Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

STOP PUSHING RETIREMENT!!!!!!!!!!!

orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
At level 16 retirement becomes an option. I'd learned from reading elsewhere on this site that retirement immediately aged your sim to elder, kicked them out of the home, inactivated said sim. I didn't want to retire my sim until she maxed her career and hobby. I was level 8 hobby and near the end of her career. And I'd declined retirement when I reached level 16.

So what happens today, I send my sim to work. I'm using her energy, and unbeknownst to me her energy reached 0. Typically the screen asking to use a cake slice comes up. I was all prepared to select no. Instead, it was a retirement! I never even read the text. Next thing my sim is retired. No "are you sure" nothing.

Very disappointing. Boom she's out of the home, her husband who's at work, is now being asked to retire.

It's bad enough toddlers, and children aren't playable, pushing the narrative to me this game is all about YA/A this just further made me upset and disappointed. My interest for the game has dropped significantly.

Once I declined to retire, the option to retire should never just pop up. It should be player initiated. This really puts me off further playing the game

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    the no death is why I don't play
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Echo006Echo006 Posts: 31 Member
    What heirloom did you get?
  • OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    This is exactly what's happening right now to me, I get the stupid notification all the time, and I'm afraid I'll click it just before my sim reaches the top level. They finally need to add the confirmation dialogue, for plum's sake!
  • NapodanNapodan Posts: 7 New Member
    I think they need to remove the notification and add a confirmation if you use the option on the character screen.
  • HardernaterHardernater Posts: 65 Member
    edited March 2018
    @orkhid22
    it only shows that when your Sim is able to retire, it's NOT pushing you to retire your Sim because it only appears one time ( in my playthrough of the game since the auto aging was replaced by this pick-a-trait as you progress mechanic, the game doesn't even push me to retire my Sim as the notification only appears once when one of my sim is ready to be retired ).

But still you can retire them manually at the "Traits" section, trust me retiring your sim is worth it.
    Post edited by Hardernater on

118n437.jpg

Admin of The Sims™ Mobile Community at Facebook

The Sims Mobile : Hard2Describe / HYC9F67

• SimKenzieSimKenzie Posts: 31 Member
    @Hardernater thank you for clarifying! Some of the Sims Mobile guides on web sites refer to features that seem to have been removed in the final release, so info like this helps.

Also, I am receiving the "ready to retire?" prompt on a recurring basis. I think it happens when my Sim reaches a point where it would have a birthday. However, I already have four traits. I've gotten the prompt multiple times on both of my Sims. I think it's time to have a baby and start a new generation soon.
  • Echo006Echo006 Posts: 31 Member
    Why should I retire my sims anyway? Won’t I just get a rubbish cheap heirloom that I could’ve bought for 40 tickets?
  • SilverfoxxxxSilverfoxxxx Posts: 4 New Member
    Thought I would retire as I assumed after being asked so many times to do so that it must be needed and the reward would be good, got a naff trait and that was it, now I’m back to being poor and having to earn a lowly wage while I work my way up again, pretty poor system to be pushed into in my opinion, to fast / not enough reward.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    @orkhid22
    it only shows that when your Sim is able to retire, it's NOT pushing you to retire your Sim because it only appears one time ( in my playthrough of the game since the auto aging was replaced by this pick-a-trait as you progress mechanic, the game doesn't even push me to retire my Sim as the notification only appears once when one of my sim is ready to be retired ).

But still you can retire them manually at the "Traits" section, trust me retiring your sim is worth it.

I beg to differ. I'm constantly being asked to retire. Your experience is clearly different from mine, however it's happening to me. The option came up at level 16. After declining to retire, that should have been the end of it. However I was asked about another 3 times which I was able to avoid. This option popped up while she was in the midst of a long shift and I was selecting actions for her to do and she ran out of energy. So why did retirement option appear? How it's supposed to work doesn't mean that's how it is working.

I haven't played but 5minutes today. At this point I'm out off.
  • Kou104Kou104 Posts: 1 New Member
    I also had the same problem, like weeks ago. I ACCIDENTALLY retired my sims that is almost max up his career, and by that time I just felt really out of love w this game. I made a duplicate ( Yes I'm so desperate I love that sims) and just move out the elder out of town. It's still going well now, and I almost max up the sims career again. But then I'm afraid if I accidentally click retire again :s
  • MihalyMihaly Posts: 1 New Member
    I hate to say the same happened to me. I accidentally hit the retire sim button and now he is sitting in my house doing nothing.
  • silversgsilversg Posts: 15 Member
    I agree with you, @orkhid22. At [b]minimum[/b] there should be a confirmation dialogue so you can't accidentally retire a Sim! I'm getting prompts to retire my Sims daily and I'm scared I'll accidentally retire them like you did. :(
  • mn0226mn0226 Posts: 2 New Member
    Same! I accidentally retied my Sim. Now, my only Sim is a single momma. I've tried getting her to marry the retired sim (her fiancé). But when I click the wedding arch it says she needs to be engaged, even though their relationship status says that he's her fiancé. What a mess
  • HardernaterHardernater Posts: 65 Member
    @mn0226 I don't think you can marry elder/retired sim.

118n437.jpg

Admin of The Sims™ Mobile Community at Facebook

The Sims Mobile : Hard2Describe / HYC9F67

• ForumExplorerForumExplorer Posts: 24 Member
    I just run my Sims with 3 traits to avoid any confusion. However, the pop up almost gets me almost everytime.

I'm perfectly fine with paying for heirlooms at their current price instead of intentionally removing my Sims from the game that's how attached I am to them.

If your into retiring Sims for heirlooms great! It's an easy random reward for your time. I like it. But don't expect me to invest in your Sims socially.
  • FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    Yep, I get asked randomly to retire my sim about once a day. I believe I'm on the 3rd or 4th time and I never know when it is going to pop up. I have to really pay attention when I play this game not to screw up with spending premium currency or retiring. It's really put me off as the game is supposed to be casual and fun...this makes it NOT relaxing as I have to be on high alert when I play. I spent a small amount of real cash on this game but between this kind of issue and others, I certainly won't be making any more purchases anytime soon.
  • FaeFae Posts: 37 Member
    Yep, I get asked randomly to retire my sim about once a day. I believe I'm on the 3rd or 4th time and I never know when it is going to pop up. I have to really pay attention when I play this game not to screw up with spending premium currency or retiring. It's really put me off as the game is supposed to be casual and fun...this makes it NOT relaxing as I have to be on high alert when I play. I spent a small amount of real cash on this game but between this kind of issue and others, I certainly won't be making any more purchases anytime soon.

Same! I feel so scared that I will accidentally click the “retire” button. Please stop it from randomly popping up!
  • BramBram Posts: 25 Member
    Can't you find the sam and ask him to get in your house?
  • ElissiaElissia Posts: 5 New Member
    @orkhid22

I felt the same when I first started playing. But it didn't take me long to complete all the career, hobby and relationship stories when I had 4 sims playing.. now the only thing I need to collect are heirlooms, so playing repeated stories is pointless and because I don't have as much motivation to play it takes longer for my sims to reach retirement.

Also if you have a trait ready to choose you don't keep ageing until you choose it. Which is a bit annoying because I only get notified by one sim that has a trait to choose, but usually 2 sims of mine get traits at the same time. So the notifications can be hit and miss
  • MeyonemilyMeyonemily Posts: 11 New Member
    I almost hit the retire button, but lucky me, it not happend yet,, hope they will di something with this pop up thing.. i dont want to change my 2 main sims.. huuhh..
  • SimKenzieSimKenzie Posts: 31 Member
    I just accidentally unfriended someone, thanks to the game's no-verification approach. I re-sent the friend request, but, really...
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    I had this happen to my sim too once she reached level 8. However I didn't spot this immediately and accepted. Bye bye progress, bye bye making lots of simoleans. ok I get to start over by aging up her child sim and having to go through all the social and career interactions again to slowly earn more simcash and finally reach level 10 in that career I missed out on...nope, game wants me to retire her by the time she reaches level 8 again and guess who accidentally clicked it.
  • Tiffany562411Tiffany562411 Posts: 278 Member
    There Goes EA Disturbing My Peace Again

Did ya'll install the new update today. Well anyways one of the quest is to retire a sim which is a horrible thing of them to ask. I have 4 sims & I don't want to let any of them go. If only I could make a 5th sim then it would be ok to me
  • KuvuplanKuvuplan Posts: 34 Member
    I think there should be an option to stop the retirement notifications. It is a problem for it to randomly pop up. Or it can pop up after a story is finished.

Retirement Quest? Well, I do have 1 sim who has level 10 career, and level 9 Hobby. And a child fully grown into an Adult waiting for a playable slot, so that quest won't hurt me too bad. Though the new sim will probably follow in the last sim's footsteps, as there were furniture options I unlocked but could not afford the 75 simcash to buy, after buying the 3rd Sim slot.
  • SyrenaeSyrenae Posts: 6 New Member
    Really in need of at least an 'are you sure?' screen. I accidentally retired my first sim as well, and it was very disappointing.