Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hot Tub Deams Event

Comments

• ForumExplorerForumExplorer Posts: 24 Member
    [quote="Tiffany562411;c-16395777"]7,998 sim cash all for nothing[/quote]

I was disappointed in my last attempts this morning as well. Not 8000 sim cash disappointed however. Ouch. Ya know, you probably could've put a down payment on a real hot tub with with all that money instead
    Sorry feel like I'm posting too much.
    I'm not upset. I can clear consciously say this event was borderline scam. More fine print scam.
    Logic: Items that you can receive duplicate items had specific number quantity limits. Ex. The trees had a limit of 10. Hot tub limit 2.
    Nowhere did it list you can receive multiple swimwear. I'm perfectly fine with receiving extra for other household Sims. But put a 4 next to the outfit.
    By the time you receive duplicate costumes you begin to realize that your halfway invested into the event and you've been "had". It makes me wonder, had I received 10 trees, would I still receive another tree and it be converted to the less than mediocre duplicate "reward".
    Being the first event nobody really knows the fine print but i can say clear consciously, I hope saying this doesn't affect my luck negatively in the future, this my friends was borderline fine print scam.
  • mana0143mana0143 Posts: 75 Member
    I got about 4 bikini bottoms (with no top so they are pretty useless), 2 of the same one piece bathing suit, 2 tables, and one chair! No hot tub. With no time left, I give up. Very disappointing the way this thing was set up. If they are going to include duplicates, they should make the rewards for them better. More importantly, they should take the duplicates out.
  • BramBram Posts: 25 Member
    Can I get the hot tub after the event?
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Not happy with this event. I basically accepted that I won't get the hot tub. Still missing the bikini top, male shorts and one of the one piece suits. I'm not spending money on a loot box. I probably would pay real money if I could guarantee a hot tub. But I'm not wasting my money for gambling. Which loot boxes are IMO, it is glorified gambling. I'm annoyed I didn't get the bikini top (bottoms are useless without it), but at least I have one female and one male swimsuit. Plus lots of tables and trees I didn't want.
    Would have preferred a ducky buck cost for each item instead of randomness, or at least no duplicates (and a lower number on the furniture items, having 10 of like the wall is ridiculous).
    So generally, not happy.
  • sihTeMelddiRsihTeMelddiR Posts: 8 New Member
    Has anyone noticed how little helping your sims in the ducky buck events actually speeds up the timer compared to other events? I have a sim with a maxed 'good upbringing' trait and including his bonuses the timer only seemed to decrease by 3 minutes at most.
    Only earning 18 ducks per event really screws up the math. It's the end of the event and I have an overflow of 20 odd ducks left that are completely useless. I was able to collect some of the items, and the hot tub, but even the uncommon items don't appear nearly as often as I'd expect. It'd be nice if duplicates were trade-able for a larger amount of ducks. The item limit seems like a good idea until I got 5 chairs I don't have a table for and can't use in an event with out having the table. If I could sell two or three of those chairs for another pull that would be nice. The way the event is set up now, I'd have to get ten chairs for duplicates to convert to ducks and I can't earn ducks fast enough to even do that. The side mission was really fun until it ended and then earning ducks was really hard. Nothing else about the gameplay was that hard and I'm level 23.
    It'd be nice if this event reopened in a few months or so. It is a cool concept and trying to collect everything was really fun. It just didn't seem reasonable.
  • SimKenzieSimKenzie Posts: 31 Member
    @sihTeMelddiR I noticed that too. Most actions would take 2-3 minutes tops, unless you got lucky with the risky task, which would take about 12-15 minutes off the timer. A lot of grinding... I am glad the event is over so I can concentrate on my sims!
    > @SimKenzie said:
    > @sihTeMelddiR I noticed that too. Most actions would take 2-3 minutes tops, unless you got lucky with the risky task, which would take about 12-15 minutes off the timer. A lot of grinding... I am glad the event is over so I can concentrate on my sims!

Yep. And two events only got you 40 ducks at most, with a 5 hour wait between attempts. That'd be perfectly fine if a pull was 25 ducks, but it was twice that.
    I'm glad I don't have to wait around anymore and can actually play.
  • temestemes Posts: 175 Member
    Fantastic event! I got lots of swimwear, which is useless without a hottub, which I didn't get. Sorry, but I just don't understand the designers of this game. I understand that this game is all about monetisation & IAP, but maybe there could be at least some effort to make a game little bit more fun for people who are not (yet) paying for anything? If you make players leave the game this early, they are not going to pay later.
  • Tiffany562411Tiffany562411 Posts: 278 Member
    Sorry feel like I'm posting too much.
    I'm not upset. I can clear consciously say this event was borderline scam. More fine print scam.
    Logic: Items that you can receive duplicate items had specific number quantity limits. Ex. The trees had a limit of 10. Hot tub limit 2.
    Nowhere did it list you can receive multiple swimwear. I'm perfectly fine with receiving extra for other household Sims. But put a 4 next to the outfit.
    By the time you receive duplicate costumes you begin to realize that your halfway invested into the event and you've been "had". It makes me wonder, had I received 10 trees, would I still receive another tree and it be converted to the less than mediocre duplicate "reward".
    Being the first event nobody really knows the fine print but i can say clear consciously, I hope saying this doesn't affect my luck negatively in the future, this my friends was borderline fine print scam.

Actually it did say u can receive more of the following written in small letters it said...(Recieve one or more of the following. It was still a scam though. Please complain to EA please
    7,998 sim cash all for nothing

I was disappointed in my last attempts this morning as well. Not 8000 sim cash disappointed however. Ouch. Ya know, you probably could've put a down payment on a real hot tub with with all that money instead

True
  • BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    1. This Ducky thing robbed me!!! I played and played I ended up with 2 full solid female swim suits and 2 full 2 fabric 1 piece at which it looked like u could only get 1 each of and I also got 2 tables and 4 chairs but never got the mirror or the hot tub I feel robbed!!! Not a good way to keep a Simmer playing a game. I even bought 2 which cost 150 sim bucks a piece!!! So not only did I spend all that time on a quest but spend real money to not even get the Hot Tub or Mirror. This is bul!!!!!
  • BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    This Duck think robbed me of real money and my time!!!!!!
  • Echo006Echo006 Posts: 31 Member
    I can’t believe the entire week has been a complete waste of time. The random aspect of getting the hot tub is probably the worst idea the developers have ever had. I want my hot tub! It’s completely unfair when I spent way longer grinding out ducky bucks than others who got the hot tub with a few bags! Ugh!
    [quote="Tiffany562411;c-16395939"][quote="ForumExplorer;c-16395820"]Sorry feel like I'm posting too much.
    Being the first event nobody really knows the fine print but i can say clear consciously, I hope saying this doesn't affect my luck negatively in the future, this my friends was borderline fine print scam. [/quote]

Actually it did say u can receive more of the following written in small letters it said...(Recieve one or more of the following. It was still a scam though. Please complain to EA please[/quote]

Well I did not see that. So I apologize for this comment. It's still a bad concept tho. I really hope the developers play their game to get an idea of what the consumer has to do. It seems they were out of touch this go around.
    Future reference: there should be a 24 hour point redemption timer after the event ends. People have to wake up and rush the event to get their rewards before work. Again, they don't have somebody playing the game on our side it would appear.

Hope I'm doing the reply thing correctly. I'm a new player here
  • AeloreAelore Posts: 2 New Member
    I ended up with TWO hot tubs but all I wanted was more patio chairs for the table I got. Instead I kept getting swim bottoms (never got a top) and at the end I only have a table with one chair. I feel like I opened a significant amount of bags so I'm pretty disappointed. I think instead of random you should be able to spend the ducks on what you want.
  • KuvuplanKuvuplan Posts: 34 Member
    I had a similar drop as Aelore. 2 Hot tubs, 1 chair, 1 table, 1 wall thing, no tree, male swimsuit, female bottom. 7/11 collected. Missing both 1 piece female swimsuits, and the top, and the tree. So no swimwear for my females.

I would trade my spare hot tub for somebody's spare swimsuit, if that was a thing we could do. Or Trade some of the 5 or 6 bottoms I got for something.

I got burned on my last minute dash. I had 1 hour 30 minutes left. Had 2 ducks and all events. I spent 5 or 6 cupcakes finishing the fashion and cook thing, while my 3rd sim did all the daily To Do items. But the watch a video did not show up, so I ended up with 2 + 18 + 18 + 10 = 48 ducks and a smaller cupcake stockpile.
  • Mariogamer188Mariogamer188 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey remember this is a brand new game. It needs time to work out the bugs. Be forgiving
  • temestemes Posts: 175 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hey remember this is a brand new game. It needs time to work out the bugs. Be forgiving

The game was soft-launched in some countries a year ago. EA/Maxis have had a year to fix the bugs and fine-tune gameplay mechanisms. I don't usually complain and I have loved Sims 4 (PC Version) so far, but I think this mobile game deserves all the criticism it's getting.

• LERIA777LERIA777 Posts: 2 New Member
    I like the first event. But I also have some dislikes. I know I played late nights to play and win all the items for all 6 days. I feel to name an Event The Hot Tub Event and we get multiple items that we can not use was not fair. I Never even got the Hot Tub. I did not start getting the fixed items awards until last night. The 5 hour wait was also too long for my liking. I was really excited to see the new game Sims Mobile. Disappointed in this event. No hot tub for an event that I could not even get the target main item means I may not participate in further events. My daughter played too and got the hot tub the first goodie bag. I hope the next time that there is an event that everyone can win and have fun. For now I will not doing the events.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I got the hot tub in my last chance, I am glad that I got it finally.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
    edited March 2018
    I complained to EA again & they had me call them & when I talked to the EA person on the phone he said he would see what he could do. So he put me on hold for a bit & when he came back he said that they said there's nothing they can do & he said they can't give me my hot tubs & they can't refund my 7,998 sim cash back to me. That right there is Proof of Scam for the money this event was. Confession written all over it cause why can't they
  • KymliKymli Posts: 3 New Member
    Played the whole event before I commented for a full view. Interesting event in that it got me playing rather obsessively (actually set timers to wake up and start the duck quests on cooldown). Very tired. Ended up 10/11, spending some cupcakes but no sim bucks. Lots of duplicate drops.

The duck and sim reward for duplicates was straight up insulting for the time spent. 3 quests (54 ducks) at 4 hours per quest is 12 hours of sim play time per bag. An untrained sim could earn 405 (135 from 3 standard tasks) currency in those 12 hours, so the reward should at least reflect that lost time.

The 18 duck reward was confusing, I suspect to get us to play more through some psych shenanigans, but it felt unrewarding.

I really want to know if anything special unlocks if you get the whole collection. Hot tub party?? Would have paid money for that.
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    Kymli wrote: »
    Played the whole event before I commented for a full view. Interesting event in that it got me playing rather obsessively (actually set timers to wake up and start the duck quests on cooldown). Very tired. Ended up 10/11, spending some cupcakes but no sim bucks. Lots of duplicate drops.

The duck and sim reward for duplicates was straight up insulting for the time spent. 3 quests (54 ducks) at 4 hours per quest is 12 hours of sim play time per bag. An untrained sim could earn 405 (135 from 3 standard tasks) currency in those 12 hours, so the reward should at least reflect that lost time.

The 18 duck reward was confusing, I suspect to get us to play more through some psych shenanigans, but it felt unrewarding.

I really want to know if anything special unlocks if you get the whole collection. Hot tub party?? Would have paid money for that.

I completed the collection and nothing was unlocked. However some actions of the hot tub only work if you have the table and the plant.