Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Option to Sell Unwanted Items?

Hey there, just wanted to say I’ve been enjoying the game so far. However, I do think that there should be a way (if there isn’t already) to get rid of old, unwanted furniture in storage. Otherwise, the furniture would just keep piling up as I replaced older items with newer, better ones.

That’s all I have to say for now, happy Simming everyone :)

Comments

• Nipx351Nipx351 Posts: 191 Member
    Deleting it sells it back. Notice your funds (if not maxed out) increase as you delete a piece of furniture.

TMYK ____
  • RobnangRobnang Posts: 1 New Member
    How do you delete an item?
  • JDSCC93JDSCC93 Posts: 1 New Member
    I feel there should be a way to sell unwanted items, even for half price of buying.. we have to go to work for long shifts I buy items we want, then when we level up and want to upgrade to a better item we just have to put the older items in storage. Please consider having a sell option.
  • rafaeljonasrafaeljonas Posts: 227 Member
    for now it is not possible to sell the furniture. Maybe in the future!
  • Ellie_Dear_1Ellie_Dear_1 Posts: 33 Member
    I’d absolutely put the option to sell items as a priority, I’ve been playing since last May and by now my inventory is a nightmare, impossible to find anything. Just let me sell something, or get rid of it in any way, or at least reorganize the inventory, please?

(Second on my wishful thinking to-do list: more clothing options for toddlers and children)
  • krakkefaankrakkefaan Posts: 7 New Member
    We need the sell items option. This have to be first priority, sims creators.
  • CoreyblakeCoreyblake Posts: 118 Member
    If its anything like the simpsons it will just be a massive inventory box.
  • livingforwardslivingforwards Posts: 144 Member
    I too forsee the inventory runneth over problem ahead. Why would I buy a new kitchen if the old one is going to clog my inventory? It doesn’t motivate me to spend money, which I assume is the main EA business goal. Why would I keep buying anything knowing my house has an items limit?
  • LonelySimmerLonelySimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Having an option to sell old items can be a win-win situation for both parties.. I'm really hoping they bring an update on this.. :'(
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello all,

I have removed a number of posts from this discussion and I have updated the forum names to make things a little clearer going forward :smiley:

Thanks,
    -Mage
  • FaeFae Posts: 37 Member
    edited March 2018
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    Hello all,

I have removed a number of posts from this discussion and I have updated the forum names to make things a little clearer going forward :smiley:

Thanks,
    -Mage

Any news from EA staff about implementing a way to sell items in The Sims Mobile?

I completely agree that this should be an option.
  • ElissiaElissia Posts: 5 New Member
    I would really love to sell my items back too! especially when you buy stoves at the level you are at and as you go up you buy better stoves. I don't need 5 stoves!
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited March 2018
    Nipx351 wrote: »
    Deleting it sells it back. Notice your funds (if not maxed out) increase as you delete a piece of furniture.

TMYK ____

How? I see this being parroted on various sites but then the usual response following is "there is (currently) no way to resell objects." The only option I see is to add it to storage and that doesn't refund the cost of buying it in the first place.
    Post edited by geekgirl101 on
  • fayter95fayter95 Posts: 2 New Member
    We get poitns with every new item we buy, sooo if they add "sell items" we'll lose points every item we sell, i think ea shouldnt put sell option
  • SyrenaeSyrenae Posts: 6 New Member
    This option really is needed. And yes you get points when you sell it but can't you just keep them? You won't ever get all your money back, anyway, and lifestyle is already hard enough to increase as is..
  • QueenB3502QueenB3502 Posts: 3 New Member
    The Sims Mobile Patch 4/21/18

Anyone else see the in the tickets on the super Heirloom it says you can "sell your heirloom tickets to get super heirlooms" ?? No options to do this though... do you think we'll finally be able to sell our inventory???
  • SookieSlimmSookieSlimm Posts: 2 New Member
    My game keeps messing up!! Furniture disappearing into Oblivion, items being moved off tables & floating in midair, and I'll go to move an object & automatically where it sits & has set is red telling me I can't move the item there and I never moved it to begin with.... What is going on? It's been ever since the updates!!
  • DreaPopaDreaPopa Posts: 18 Member
    QueenB3502 wrote: »
    The Sims Mobile Patch 4/21/18

Anyone else see the in the tickets on the super Heirloom it says you can "sell your heirloom tickets to get super heirlooms" ?? No options to do this though... do you think we'll finally be able to sell our inventory???

:( sadly, it’s sell duplicate heirlooms for purple/blue heirlooms tickets. I would really LOVE if they added an option to sell the green heirlooms as well, even if it’s a crazy value like 100 green for 1 blue one Id still take it. I currently have 300 green ones and they’re just sitting there, there’s nothing to do with them once you get all the common heirlooms.
  • DreaPopaDreaPopa Posts: 18 Member
    My game keeps messing up!! Furniture disappearing into Oblivion, items being moved off tables & floating in midair, and I'll go to move an object & automatically where it sits & has set is red telling me I can't move the item there and I never moved it to begin with.... What is going on? It's been ever since the updates!!

hey, I’m having a lot of issues since the new update too, i’d recommend to post it here https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mobile/ct-p/the-sims-mobile-en though I can’t say it’s helpful in any way, maybe just maybe, or you could try to contact them!
  • FoxerellaSpellFoxerellaSpell Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm with every one! Can there be a way to sell items in storage that I won't use again. . My inventory is adding up with items I will probably never use again and pretty soon it will be unbearable. Please and pretty please add the option to sell unwanted storage.
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    On a related note, if reselling an item, I'm wondering how much (relative to what we paid for it), we'd get back?
  • Geshisa47Geshisa47 Posts: 60 Member
    The game needs a huge update where we can sell the items we don't need in the inventory anymore for the options of either sims coins or sims cash. We also need an option to delete an item for cash, if this option is already in the mobile game ... how do we delete the items to get the sims cash back?
    TTKIncorporated
  • liliansoaresrjliliansoaresrj Posts: 2 New Member
    Indeed it really sucks to have your inventory full of items you don’t want anymore. It doesn’t make any sense to have a full inventory and not be able to sell or even delete old/basic items. Plus, it’s not fair. Just like in the pc version we should be able to sell old items in order to get our coins back. This impossibility is very unfair and frustrating.

Please developers, take this into consideration. Besides it also seems I’m not the only one complaining about it.

Cheers.
  • liliansoaresrjliliansoaresrj Posts: 2 New Member
    *It really sucks to have your inventory full.

[quote="liliansoaresrj;c-16534090"]Indeed it really plum to have your inventory full of items you don’t want anymore. It doesn’t make any sense to have a full inventory and not be able to sell or even delete old/basic items. Plus, it’s not fair. Just like in the pc version we should be able to sell old items in order to get our coins back. This impossibility is very unfair and frustrating.

Please developers, take this into consideration. Besides it also seems I’m not the only one complaining about it.

Cheers. [/quote]
  • JoysieJoysie Posts: 36 Member
    I understand that the sell option might be a bit tricky, because for example we completed furniture sets and were rewarded for this and by selling items, the sets are not complete anymore. But they should at least give the option to make unwanted items in storage invissible or make catagories in storage, to organize storage better.