Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favourite voices?

budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
Do you guys have favourite voice types you use more often than others? I really like middle -2- for men and use if pretty often.

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    For girls I like them to sound like a Anime character do not know why.If making fairy sims etc choose voice one, then drag the slider all the way left it sounds so cute.Find that most of my sim voices the slider is always to the left of the middle setting no matter which of the 3 voices I use.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    For males, I like voices 1 and 2. Voice 1 sounds really nice (to me) when you move the slider to the left. Voice 2 has a smoother and more gentle quality to it, and when I use it, I don’t move the slider very much.

For females, I tend to use voice 1 for tomboys. Voices 2 and 3 sound almost the same to me. And when it comes to female voices, the slider can be anywhere on the scale except the extreme right or extreme left.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    :o Sims have voices? (I listen to music with headphones while playing most of the time)..

I checked these guys because I’m playing with them right now.
    Connor is voice two just a nudge to the left, I think that might be his preset.
    Jared is voice two nudged further to the left.

I have to change a few of my Anime guys so their voices match the anime, though I still to this day think L’s voice in Death Wish is too dang deep! Voice 2 all the way to the left is pretty close. Right now he sounds like a frigging girl because I never futz with voices when creating them...due to earphones.

• kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    For some reason, voices 2 and 3 tend to annoy me. I usually just use voice 1.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I can't remember which voices I use for my sims. I know there are a couple of options that rub me up the wrong way so they don't get used but they sometimes end up in my saves because I have used tweaked premades and forgot to change their voices.
    I don't like high pitched voices for males or females. I do like my sims to have different voices, though, because I need to be able to work out what my sims are up to when they are not in my line of sight and I use their voices to recognize them.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    edited February 2018
    I tend to get confused when I have to decide on the voice - I use all of them, but mostly in the middle range, because they sound weird to me when they get pitched.
    That said, I really like the voice of Leighton Sekemoto, but I don´t know, which one it is. He oftens says something like "aurora" instead of "sul sul" Should open up that save and look it up.

Edit: It´s voice 2, a little to the right.
    Post edited by Waterdragon on
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • wakeuprosiwakeuprosi Posts: 41 Member
    For females I use the first voice a little bit before the middle
    B)
  • SillyhartluvSillyhartluv Posts: 73 Member
    My favorite male voice is voice 3 at the deepest. It has a more baritone quality, which is my favorite voice in RL. My favorite female voice is voice 2. The only voice that sometimes annoys me is voice 1 on high because it is so raspy and pitchy.
  • booknovicebooknovice Posts: 410 Member
    If I'm playing world adventures, I like to use the 2nd voice option for females, because I think it sounds best for songs. I'll occasionally make a super skinny, totally stereotypical 🐸🐸🐸🐸 male, and then I give them the deepest voice possible, with either the 1st or 3rd option
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    For the males: I generally crank it all the way to the deepest voice...at three...and depending on the phrase, I'll pick either voice 2 or voice 3.

For the females, I generally tend to keep it in the alto range (middle).
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~