Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What was the last film you saw?

Comments

• February11February11 Posts: 12,654 Member
    Don't Look Now. Heard it was an amazing horror film, but I just ended up bored. I understood its symbolism and what the twisted represent, and it was kinda a neat twist and (almost) disturbing ending I guess, but I wasn't that entertained. I was constantly distracted watching the film, having to pause it and return in between a few days of viewing. lol

6/10

Yeah, that one was much a do about nothing. I don't like horror, and that was nothing like horror. Just a bit creepy.

What We Do In The Shadows. It's a New Zealand one we found on the TV. Really weird. A few laugh out loud moments. 6/10
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • MRSMLOGMRSMLOG Posts: 21,181 Member
    "It"

Horribly disappointing since Stephen King Is one of my favorites and "It" is my favorite book by him.
  • InupeiInupei Posts: 67 Member
    The Day After Tomorrow. x3
    "Wish upon a fish but don't stand there like a lemon."
    -Holy Smackerally, Inupei

uc?export=view&id=1Pvvf3wvtVTMMFHhc7VEbTuWBi_Fk82Ga
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited January 2018
    Fredra wrote: »
    Moana, and I saw this for 43256 times (or close to this). I love disney animations but this one is absolutely amazing, beautiful and got best songs so far <3

Uch yes even I as someone who's not usually too fond of Disney songs reaaaally enjoy the songs in this one! Especially "what can I say except you're welcome???" :D

Also the last movie I saw was the "new" Star Wars movie. It was alright, but I like The Force Awakens better.
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    The Greatest Showman...
    Fantastic movie! I didn't necessarily like the personality of the characters involved but it was just such a feel good movie with great music and an amazing vibe to it. The movie wasn't perfect, nothing ever is. But everyone left the theater with a big smile on their face talking about how much they had enjoyed it.
    I definitely recommend it!
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Re-watched Hot Fuzz
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • OminousFlareOminousFlare Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited February 2018
    Michael Jackson's Ghosts
    It's a short 30 minute movie. You can watch the whole thing on Vimeo.

I didn't think much of it back then (aside from being the most interesting thing Michael was in that I watched since Smooth Criminal and Thriller), but on the YouTube video of "Ghosts" (the song), there was a comment about it being the "Thriller" of the '90s, and how it had a subtle commentary going on. Rewatching it again, it does reflect on the prejudice against "weird" or abnormal people like Marilyn Manson, almost in a George A. Romero way. It's not surprising either since it was co-written by Stephen King, who is known for commentaries like this.

Quite a nice touchstone that expressed Michael's ongoing inner demons at the time. Gonna miss the guy.

7/10
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    'The Post' - thought-provoking and timely
  • NineyNiney Posts: 341 Member
    Dr. no (1962)
    8/10
    It was the very start for “Bond, James Bond” why won’t anyone watch it?
    8D254E7C-6319-4EC6-BB93-06A4E6EB63DD.jpg
  • NineyNiney Posts: 341 Member
    “Every day we meet people the world would be better without, but we do not kill them. We must be better than beasts”
    — Hercule Poirot

I’ve just finished watching Murder on the Orient Express
    Didn’t read the novel to compare it with the movie but i think most of it had been played very well. 9/10
    8D254E7C-6319-4EC6-BB93-06A4E6EB63DD.jpg
  • MidagereMidagere Posts: 67 Member
    I've just ended with one episode of Teen Wolf, but that doesn't count as a film, does it. :D
    Then it would be American Satan. It was totally different from what I expected, but somehow I liked it.
    giphy.gif
    After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things. Terrible, yes. But great.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Superman II - The Richard Donner Cut. Interesting.
  • night_tidenight_tide Posts: 112 Member
    I mean, this post is three years old, but the new Jumanji movie was hilarious. :D
    The roof is not my son, but I will raise it.

original.gif

• lukeahalukeaha Posts: 360 Member
    The Nanny Diaries
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Star wars: Rouge One (Didn't get to see it in theaters but did see it on Netflix).
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• MoonlitShadowXoxoMoonlitShadowXoxo Posts: 57 Member
    Hmm...the last one? I can't remember but I do know I'm gonna curl up and enjoy the movie "It" tonight. I love that movie. It's a new fav of mine. And yes I'm referring to the newish one. It's hilarious and Pennywise is my spirit animal.
  • tthraolce17tthraolce17 Posts: 60 Member
    Big Hero 6
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Goodbye Christopher Robin. 4/5 :star:
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    Black Panther.

Absolutely love this film. All the praise it was getting was spot on for me once I saw it.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • ElectrikdollElectrikdoll Posts: 66 Member
    Brave (One of my daughter's favorite's)
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    American Satan. I give it a 9/10- would've gotten the 10 if it was Andy singing in the movie, but all those shirtless scenes of him make up for it >:)<3
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    tumblr_orb7iezWku1rtels1o3_540.gif
    Yesterday afternoon. <3<3<3
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    The Greatest Showman

(Which you could argue was the greatest show, man!)
  • KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    Wreck-it Ralph

I really enjoyed it!
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• AJC20178AJC20178 Posts: 264 Member
    Beauty & the beast