Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

trait lists in sim filters 'all' vs 'any'?

JadeliyahJadeliyah Posts: 39 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
In the sim filter files (the ones that control the pop-up of sims available to the active sim when selecting "Do X action with..."):

Is there a way to have a sim included if they have ANY trait in a list? It seems if I whitelist traits, the sims have to have ALL the traits in the list.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    There's an optional parameter 'num_whitelist_required', maybe that'll help.
    Oops, didn't read the whole post about the sim filter bit. I was looking in objective tuning :D
    sorry :(
  • HellewellthHellewellth Posts: 12 New Member
    First Sorry for posting this Here, I cannot start my own Discussion.

I want to add the "days lived" UI change to a custom trait, I looked into the Adult vampire "days lived" but was unable to find anything. Is there XML code that i missed that triggers the UI change or is it hardcoded into the vampires.
    It's tied to the Vampire occult type. It's not necessarily hard-coded, but I'm not sure how to link a trait to an occult. Here's the relevant code (from SimInfoSummaryPanel.gfx; instance DA7597EAEB9BA388):
             var _loc3_:uint = GameplayStateData.SimAge.age;
             var _loc4_:Boolean = GameplayStateData.SimOccultType.Type == OccultTypes.OCCULT_VAMPIRE && SimAgeTypes.IsYoungAdultOrOlder(_loc3_);
             if(SimAgeTypes.IsElder(_loc3_) || _loc4_)
             {
                _loc2_ = KeysGP.SUMMARY_PANEL_DAYS_LIVED.Clone([param1.days_alive]);
             }
             else
             {
                _loc2_ = KeysGP.SUMMARY_PANEL_DAYS_LEFT.Clone([param1.ready_to_age_day - param1.current_day]);
             }

@Hadron1776
    Thanks, I was hoping it was in the XML so I could add it to my trait. My modding know how is limited.
    If anyone has any Ideas let me know.
    Can gfx files from UI.package be overridden with one from a mod and what program is needed to edit the gfx files.
    JPEXS is a free program that I'm using to modity GFX files; it says the actionscript editor is experimental, but I've been able to use it without issues. The GFX files can be overridden by mods, as long as the instance ID's match. :)
    @Hadron1776 Thanks, I will look into JPEXS.
    I do not know how long it is going to take me to understand that script, and i am not having any luck finding code to copy, but my though it to add similar code but for the trait "trait_Eternal". It is from a mod I have edited for my own use. I was hoping someone knows that script enough to help with the coding I can copy, I will keep looking for code i can copy from other scripts.
  • krullehoofdkrullehoofd Posts: 6 New Member
    Also sorry for posting this here, I cannot start my own Discussions on this forum. I think i have a similar issue but have no clue on how to get it working or if i am trying to do something that is not possible.

I have been dabbling a bit with some custom clubseed tuning. So far i have been able to seed custom clubs. In the description files in Club.Seeds and under club_rules you can find tunables for restriction and with_whom. Under with_whom you have different criteria. I have tested age and club_membership criteria and they work. But when you try traits criteria the game crashes and stops working. No events are logged in the log files. For membership criteria all the tunables seem to work, but not for club rules. What i have noticed is for clubrules there are options for age and club membership in the UI, but not for traits.

I dont know if i am pushing the limits or just have errors in my xml tuning. Hope anyone has experience with this and can point me in the right direction? Have been looking around on the different forums but not many people seem to do club tuning. Basically what i did was extracting the tuning for an existing clubseed with S4S and modified it according the description files. Saved it to a package file and used the club seed cheatcode with my custom clubseed info. See here a copy of my xmls.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<I c="ClubSeed" i="club_seed" m="clubs.club_tuning" n="clubSeed_KH_FashionLovers" s="2355572348">

<T n="club_description">0x08827E34<!--Fashion Lovers Club--></T>

<L n="club_rules">

<V t="literal">

<U n="literal">

<T n="action">121698<!--clubInteractionGroup_Social_BeMean--></T>

<V n="restriction" t="Encouraged" />

<V n="with_whom" t="enabled">

<V n="enabled" t="trait">

<U n="traits">

<L n="trait">

<T>27915<!--Trait: trait_Good--></T>

</L>

</U>

</V>

</V>

</U>

</V>

</L>

<V n="hangout" t="venue">

<U n="venue">

<T n="venue_type">28614<!--venue_residential--></T>

</U>

</V>

<T n="icon" p="InEP02\UI\Icons\Clubs\clubIndicator_EP02crownSkull.png">2f7d0004:00000000:50d00e0aea68967e</T>

<U n="initial_number_of_memebers">

<T n="lower_bound">1</T>

<T n="upper_bound">2</T>

</U>

<T n="invite_only">False</T>

<L n="membership_criteria">

<V t="age">

<U n="age">

<L n="ages">

<E>YOUNGADULT</E>

</L>

</U>

</V>

<V t="skill">

<U n="skill">

<L n="skills">

<T>16699<!--statistic_Skill_AdultMajor_Charisma--></T>

</L>

</U>

</V>

<V t="trait">

<U n="trait">

<L n="traits">

<T>102448<!--trait_GenderFemale--></T>

</L>

</U>

</V>

</L>

<T n="name">0x6A0D21E8<!--Fashion Lovers--></T>

</I>
  • krullehoofdkrullehoofd Posts: 6 New Member
    Sorry for all the white lines in the xml, cant edit my own posts to fix it :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top