Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry Day? Really? What next...

Do we really want to have to do laundry in the Sims? How exciting. What next:
Tax Day? Watch your sims struggle doing their taxes.
Gas Station? Watch your Sims gas up a car and buy some chips from in the Gas Mart.
Bathroom Day? Watch your sims scrub and clean the whole bathroom.

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    there's already a complaint thread similar to this out there. but people seem to forget that *players* voted for this idea
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2018
    Yes, indeed, players did vote for this. Apparently lots of simmers love to watch their sims doing laundry or vacuum cleaning or mowing the lawn or watching paint dry. And since it’s easier to develop that than more challenging and in depth gameplay, EA will deliver. Your tax day example could in fact be pretty interesting by the way, if it would mean having to keep an eye on your budget. Unless the game play wouldn’t involve anything else than the animation of a moaning and groaning sim sitting behind a table filling in forms.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Yes, indeed, players did vote for this. Apparently lots of simmers love to watch their sims doing laundry or vacuum cleaning or mowing the lawn or watching paint dry. And since it’s easier to develop that than more challenging and in depth gameplay, EA will deliver. Your tax day example could in fact be pretty interesting by the way, if it would mean having to keep an eye on your budget. Unless the game play wouldn’t involve anything else than the animation of a moaning and groaning sim sitting behind a table filling in forms.

I can actually imagine that: A sim sitting at the pc (because forms are too old school ;) ) cursing and waving their fists and then the player is rewarded with an uncomfortable moodlet.

Evil sims can brag about not paying their taxes whilst good sims can talk about doing their taxes.

Add in a few chairs, a hair style or two for adults, a new top, one full outfit, clutter, a new coffee table, perhaps a new counter or two and you have a stuff pack.

But then some people do want more domestic chores. More power to them I guess.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Nothing wrong with vacuuming the carpet.

It is when people use the vacuum for the garden is when I get concerned and I actually expect that to be something they would put in TS4 just for the added 'wow factor'

5JB3Zic.jpg

article-0-1893FB5100000578-661_634x477.jpg

vac-the-lawn-vacuum-funny.jpg

It seems to be something that older people like to do. Elders have always needed more things to do in THe Sims anyway!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • TLEE75TLEE75 Posts: 65 Member
    salty?
    Mental Health Advocate
    Simmer
    Author
    https://www.wattpad.com/user/XoCayBunnii
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I don’t mind the chores so much as the fact they gate each of them behind 10 dollar packs.
  • lanasimmerlanasimmer Posts: 137 Member
    Although, yes, players voted for laundry day, the options they let us pick from weren't the best imo. So it's not entirely our fault but a lot of players do seem to like the sp.
    origin id: lanathesimmer
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The community voted for Laundry Day so you can't really be upset when it was up to us. Based on Graham's new icon, I'd say PEST CONTROL is the next SP. :D
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2018

It is when people use the vacuum for the garden is when I get concerned and I actually expect that to be something they would put in TS4 just for the added 'wow factor'

5JB3Zic.jpg

It seems to be something that older people like to do. Elders have always needed more things to do in THe Sims anyway!
    I actually saw that once in a monestry :D A monk vacuum cleaning the courtyard.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    Least you are not one of the people who thinks the polls were rigged in some way. It's like despite the fact that there are people who openly admitted to voting for Laundry people think it's impossible to have an opinion that is the complete opposite of theirs. I agree that Laundry isn't a lot of peoples first choice, but that's just the way the way the cookie crumbles. I do hope that people eventually get what they've been asking for.
  • cosmiccccosmiccc Posts: 32 Member
    > @Dayvon64 said:
    > Least you are not one of the people who thinks the polls were rigged in some way. It's like despite the fact that there are people who openly admitted to voting for Laundry people think it's impossible to have an opinion that is the complete opposite of theirs. I agree that Laundry isn't a lot of peoples first choice, but that's just the way the way the cookie crumbles. I do hope that people eventually get what they've been asking for.

actually now that you bring it up, rigging the votes doesn't sound too far fetched considering the laundry day pack seemed like it would be quick to complete compared to the others. But I don't know the truth so I'm not gonna say any more.
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    Not exactly, the arcade pack could have easily used some of the stuff from Get Together or atleast made used the big arcade machine and re-modeled it. Also the gurus seem to realize just how "silly" the idea is as shown with the trailer and just how much detail went into it. I'd like to atleast think the gurus are better than rigging some poll.
  • cosmiccccosmiccc Posts: 32 Member
    > @Dayvon64 said:
    > Not exactly, the arcade pack could have easily used some of the stuff from Get Together or atleast made used the big arcade machine and re-modeled it. Also the gurus seem to realize just how "silly" the idea is as shown with the trailer and just how much detail went into it. I'd like to atleast think the gurus are better than rigging some poll.

I hope so lol
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited January 2018
    The majority of Simmers that took part in the voting wanted it, heck, even at launch it was a prominent request to return Laundry, I didn't understand it either but looking back during The Sims 3 and now The Sims 4, there is a certain ambiance to doing chores, many of us may not enjoy doing them but there's a sense of accomplishment that comes with them, plus it adds more animations which I personally feel has been lacking in The Sims ever since The Sims 2 ended. Also Traits have gotten a little more depth thanks to these Stuff Packs, so that's a plus.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited January 2018
    It's supposed to be a life simulator, so yes, chores are also a part of daily life.....

And they didn't even make Laundry annoying in this version, you can completely opt out of it. If you don't want Laundry but only the other objects, you can do that. Otherwise you can just skip the pack.

Besides that; like mentioned earlier in this thread; people voted for it (including me. (Why? Because I simply did not really like the rest of the themes)) so the demand for Laundry was high enough.

But don't worry; there probably will be another 165 stuff packs to look forward to. Maybe there is something for you to enjoy too.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited January 2018

5JB3Zic.jpg

They also probably dont have real grass. If you get that fake plastic turf grass you have to vaccuum it lmao its easier for them to vaccuum the lawn than mow it. Maybe not the woman in the first pic since i see browning spots but id definitely say fake grass in the second one and possible fake grass in the third
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • ec_hoec_ho Posts: 2 New Member
    Remember that WE voted for this. I personally think they could have did a larger "cleaning" pack that includes laundry in it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    Do we really want to have to do laundry in the Sims? How exciting. What next:
    Tax Day? Watch your sims struggle doing their taxes.
    Gas Station? Watch your Sims gas up a car and buy some chips from in the Gas Mart.
    Bathroom Day? Watch your sims scrub and clean the whole bathroom.
    Laundry Day is fun. I like using the washing machines clean their clothes.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I can actually imagine that: A sim sitting at the pc (because forms are too old school ;) ) cursing and waving their fists and then the player is rewarded with an uncomfortable moodlet.

Evil sims can brag about not paying their taxes whilst good sims can talk about doing their taxes.

Add in a few chairs, a hair style or two for adults, a new top, one full outfit, clutter, a new coffee table, perhaps a new counter or two and you have a stuff pack.

But then some people do want more domestic chores. More power to them I guess.

Might be a good theme for adding laptops, at least.

Housecleaning in Sims 4 has been borked for some time -- used to be you could click on the floor and choose Clean House... when your Sim had the Neat trait and they'd go through and find everything that needed cleaning -- stinky toilets, dirty baths/showers, dirty dishes in weird places, etc. It was a good way to take care of the random "dirty surroundings" moodlet when I couldn't find the actual culprit. Neat Sims could even go on a Cleaning Frenzy. And there's still the Speed Cleaning reward trait. I'd like to see regular cleaning get fixed now that we've got the laundry.

I do like some of the moodlets from the laundry, though so far my Sim only gets the Sad moodlet for wearing damp clothing because her clothes never dry completely. And supposedly

so you don't have to worry about Sims dying of laughter all over the place. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    lanasimmer wrote: »
    Although, yes, players voted for laundry day, the options they let us pick from weren't the best imo. So it's not entirely our fault but a lot of players do seem to like the sp.

Actually some of the choices were really great -- I voted for Off the Grid personally because I really want solar panels and wind turbines back in the game, and it offered a lot of options for future gameplay. For example, if we had solar panels and we get Seasons, what happens in winter when there's less sunlight? Others favored the choice with the canning station for making jams and pickled vegetables. Some liked the idea of more danger in their games, and some liked the wedding stuff that could have added veils and improved weddings. I'm still hopeful that some (if not all) of the choices make it into the game, either as SPs or part of larger EPs and GPs (Off the Grid could make it into something Seasons related or the canning station and nectar making could be in a rural/farming related pack.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited January 2018

Gurus just like overdosing with happy buffs/moodlet content in dlc to the point that sims start to die from laughter. @DeservedCriticism, no wonder it's an issue that you found.

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

Gurus just like overdosing with happy buffs/moodlet content in dlc to the point that sims start to die from laughter. @DeservedCriticism, no wonder it's an issue that you found.

I warned em!

The problem they're gonna run into is they can't produce ANY playful moodlets in the future, and Goofball is going to become an extremely unappealing trait. The problem is not the playful moodlets, but rather the spam of Happy moodlets. Any playful moodlet on it's own is absolutely fine. The risk of death only occurs specifically because you can't go two feet without tripping over another item that gives a happy moodlet.

They seriously need to consider overhauling the moods system in some way. Happy should perhaps not combine with any other moods and should be considered the weakest moodlet of the bunch, aka 3 happy moodlets = 1 focused moodlet for example and focused gets priority in that case. They'd also have to readjust when death occurs for Playful if they did this.

Of course, it's much more easy to be really lazy and just adjust the Playful death specifically to be like +23 Playfulness, so my money's on them doing that while Happy Moodlet spam continues until they have to adjust the playful death count yet again.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"