Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cat on Furniture help please

TzI49uc.png

The cat is on the furniture, so my sim scolded him. Now when she asks him what is wrong he has this onion and he just stayed on the furniture after the scolding. There was no options to specify scolding about furniture so I think my sim was mean, he also had a sad kitty face after the scolding, how does a person train them not to jump on furniture?

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Seriously, just jump on and stare her down will you >:)

4xEaNeZ.png

I will try scold again, I wish there was a specific option down, google is not helping much, I hope someone with know how sees my thread :)
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    As far as I know getting cats to stop jumping on furniture full stop is nearly impossible :p

As for scolding them for jumping on things, I believe there is only a specific action that teaches them not to jump on kitchen counters (Lecture about Jumping on Counters). The rest of the house and furniture is theirs :smiley:
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Cats are going to jump on everything. Try putting a décor object there.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Yup - I have cats in real life and I do keep them off the counters but everything else is theirs!
    I sometimes don't bother with the lecture about going on counters for my sim cats but I just started a new game with a cat and a fire started on the stove and the cat caught on fire because she was on the counter! So was the sim so she was not much help! I was pretty freaked out until I remembered that pets can only die of old age - was not a happy kitty but shook it off pretty fast! So - note to self - lecture sim cats about jumping on counters from now on!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We were supposed to get a squirt bottle of water to teach them to keep off things but someone left it in the dog house and....well........
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    I have 4 cats in my save and Samantha doesn't lecture them when the jump on the counters or the fridge. Just when they scratch the furniture P: (backward stick out tongue)
    Thanks all, I moved the family out and back in again and then the lecture option came up. No more jumping on counters and tables (added deco). My real life cats know that they stay off tables and counters, they are allowed on their catrun, couches and beds and that's it. They only get kitty food so no human food. I get many suprised visitors that can't believe if I put a plate of food down on a counter or even the couch next to me they won't go for it even if we leave the room. Well trained LOL, well I think since they don't eat human food why want it then :)
    Aaaah after a very long struggle, Tigger will finally stay off the counters ;)

1PJwWwJ.png

gMN5sxK.png

ogbEk2O.png

FINALLY
    LM0CcLf.png

Much better <3
    S1EgxVy.png
  • silversgsilversg Posts: 15 Member
    > @AprilDawn said:
    > I sometimes don't bother with the lecture about going on counters for my sim cats but I just started a new game with a cat and a fire started on the stove and the cat caught on fire because she was on the counter! So was the sim so she was not much help! I was pretty freaked out until I remembered that pets can only die of old age - was not a happy kitty but shook it off pretty fast! So - note to self - lecture sim cats about jumping on counters from now on!

@AprilDawn , LOL! What ended up happening to the cat that caught fire? Did it react to the fire in any way? Did the fire just burn out on its own? Was the cat visibly burnt or anything?

@mcrudd , about how many times did your sim have to lecture the cat before you got the notification that it learned to not Jump Up On Counters?
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    @silversg
    She just did a fire dance on the counter! When the sim extinguished herself - the cat's fire was magically put out too. No real visual sign of the fire like a sim looking singed (was surprised to see the cat still had fur!) - just that thing the pets get when they are dirty - like Pig-Pen from the Peanuts cartoons. She was in the orange tense color so my sim asked what was wrong and the cat sort of sighed like it was relieved that that was all over and had the fire sign in her thought bubble! Was just fine after that - spunky and frisky as ever! She likes to live dangerously anyway - runs all over the tops of those boat wenches on the dock like an acrobat! That cat makes me nervous!
    silversg wrote: »

@mcrudd , about how many times did your sim have to lecture the cat before you got the notification that it learned to not Jump Up On Counters?
    Oh wow it was a few times, I would say more than 6 but less than 10. I thought it would never happen, the kitty gave me a few question marks after lecturing and some of them showed he understood.
  • silversgsilversg Posts: 15 Member
    @AprilDawn That's hilarious! I'm glad both the cat and the sim were okay!

@mcrudd Wow, that's a lot! Thanks, I'll make a note of that for my cat-sim training efforts. :D
  • TantienTantien Posts: 6 New Member
    I had already trained my cat to not jump on the counter. Turns out she was trapped there. I had to remove the cupboards and things on the counter and then finally the counter itself. The cat fell to the ground and was able to move again. You might want to check if the animal can't move.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Kitties are just so bad! But they do make me laugh.

212.png?dl=0

201.png?dl=0

Cooked%20Cat.png?dl=0
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Cats are going to jump on everything. Try putting a décor object there.

I don't know about the game, but in real life, they'll just knock the object to the floor :)

I just want things to match. :'(