Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Bug Thread

Comments

• moonpearl1971moonpearl1971 Posts: 9 New Member
    mermaid
    I tryed the 48h without swimming at the sea, was dehydrated to death lolll etc.
    > @Karritz said:
    > moonpearl1971 wrote: »
    >
    > Hi ! Got a little problem. Need to be human again but nothing worked. 48h without swimming at the sea etc. What is the clue that i missed? Thank you for your help
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am assuming you are not currently human. What are you? Do you have Supernatural or have you been cursed by something or other? Or an alien?

----) I tryed the 48h without swimming at the sea, was dehydrated to death lolll etc.
    > @Karritz said:
    >
    > Hi ! Got a little problem. Need to be human again but nothing worked. 48h without swimming at the sea etc. What is the clue that i missed? Thank you for your help
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am assuming you are not currently human. What are you? Do you have Supernatural or have you been cursed by something or other? Or an alien?

---) mermaid in Paradise Island
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @LaracroftEyes1, that link doesn't work, can you give info that I can use to do a search in YouTube? Vid title; author; etc....
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    If you're trying to get a badge then this thread might help.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15829975#Comment_15829975

A lot of the badges are broken. Sometimes you need to revert to an earlier patch to get badges as they got broken by patches. Others never worked and have been disabled by EA. But you can still get a lot of them. I don't know if the one you're talking about is broken or not. But the person who started the thread I linked has done a lot of work on finding out how to get the badges that can still be got.

I recently managed to discover all of the hidden islands but the badge didn't unlock. I'll just have to do it again without any supernaturals in the household and hope it works that time.
    > @Karritz said:
    > If you're trying to get a badge then this thread might help.
    >
    > http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15829975#Comment_15829975
    >
    > A lot of the badges are broken. Sometimes you need to revert to an earlier patch to get badges as they got broken by patches. Others never worked and have been disabled by EA. But you can still get a lot of them. I don't know if the one you're talking about is broken or not. But the person who started the thread I linked has done a lot of work on finding out how to get the badges that can still be got.
    >
    > I recently managed to discover all of the hidden islands but the badge didn't unlock. I'll just have to do it again without any supernaturals in the household and hope it works that time.

No, not trying to get a badge pour just want to finish one thing to unlock an Island. Beat a shark ! :)
    but i cant if i'm a mermaid
    but i cant if i'm a mermaid

If you are prepared to use a mod you can change the occult state with Master Controller. It is available on THE NRAAS site. I can't post a link now but if you Google NRAAS you should find it. It's a very popular place.

I used a genie when I unlocked that island.
    If you are prepared to use a mod you can change the occult state with Master Controller. It is available on THE NRAAS site. I can't post a link now but if you Google NRAAS you should find it. It's a very popular place.
    >
    > I used a genie when I unlocked that island.

Thank you ! But dont have any game clues ? (solutions in Paradise Island)
    >

Thank you ! But dont have any game clues ? (solutions in Paradise Island)

I don't usually play in IP and I rarely control a mermaid so you probably know more about them than I do.
    Ok Thanks Karritz. Does someone can help ?
  • PattyCoPattyCo Posts: 2,252 Member
    Can you put your sim back into Create a Sim and change them from there?
    PattyCo wrote: »
    Can you put your sim back into Create a Sim and change them from there?

No unless you use mods. NRAAS have a mod that lets you do all sorts of useful things

If you don't use mods clicking on a mirror will let you change hair or makeup. Click on a dresser to change clothes. Plan outfit.

The stylist station will let you give them a makeover. I think that's just hair makeup and clothes. I think it takes with Ambitions.
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Is there bug because I can't find the fire house in Island paradise and I do have Sims 3 ambitions.
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
    Is there bug because I can't find the fire house in Island paradise and I do have Sims 3 ambitions.

You might need to place it yourself. Lots that came with other expansions may be placed automatically when you start a new game. But if there isn't a suitable lot available it might be skipped. It's a good idea to check if all lots you want in your game are there before you start playing. I often have to place various career lots when I start a new world. This applies to all worlds. Not just this one.
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Thanks
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • AslanAslan Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi,
    i have a bug in this dlc
    When i play the game blocks
    Exist any mode to correct this bug?
    i wait you news :)
    Aslan wrote: »
    Hi,
    i have a bug in this dlc
    When i play the game blocks
    Exist any mode to correct this bug?
    i wait you news :)

What does the game block? I have no clue on what you're talking about other than it may have something to do with Pets. Sorry.
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @Aslan I apologize if I am incorrect, but is English not your native language? Your sentences appear to have some grammar issues that might confuse the details of your question.

This Expansion is known to have many problems. Most of them can be fixed in one way or another. Could you repost your question more clearly?

Does the game run at all, or does it crash immediately? If it does run, when does the trouble begin, and in what way? Please let me know and I'll see how I can help you.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • lucyajoneslucyajones Posts: 31 Member
    That is correct. Doesn't work, like stairs. :S Thanks however.
  • TerezaSims85TerezaSims85 Posts: 114 Member
    > @Karritz said:
    >
    > but i cant if i'm a mermaid
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you are prepared to use a mod you can change the occult state with Master Controller. It is available on THE NRAAS site. I can't post a link now but if you Google NRAAS you should find it. It's a very popular place.
    >

Thanks for that.
  • NovasiNovasi Posts: 46 Member
    I have Island Paradise, but I have never even tried Isla Paradiso because of how much lag I heard it causes.
    WTOiavS.jpg
    edited January 2018
    Novasi wrote: »
    I have Island Paradise, but I have never even tried Isla Paradiso because of how much lag I heard it causes.

I use the fixed version of the world that EllaCharmed made.

https://ellacharmed.wordpress.com/2013/10/05/isla-paradiso/

It is a world file - she took it into CAW and fixed issues with it. If you choose to use it - make sure you keep a backup of your original world file just in case you need to revert to it for some reason. Failure to do this will mean you'd have to uninstall Island Paradise and reinstall it to get your original world file back again.

The world file replaces the file in:

Program Files(x86)\ - not sure what goes here on your computer it is Electronic Arts on my computer - \The Sims 3 Island Paradise\Game Data\Shared\Non Packaged\Worlds\

I use the single world file she made, not the one she has on MTS as it is in parts and needs to be merged and you'll need to get it from MTS as that's where the instructions are on how to put it together.

There is another version of the fixed world by @Caine - she has fixed the broken houses and left the world file alone. If you download the world file I've linked to you'll still need to fix the broken houses and there are a lot of them.

EDIT: Very Important - I forgot to mention you'll need to delete your cache files. There are 5 in your Sims 3 folder in Documents and 1 more in

Program Files(x86)\ - not sure what goes here on your computer it is Electronic Arts on my computer - \The Sims 3 Island Paradise\Caches

That file in Caches will probably only be there if you've ever launched the world. You can delete these caches any time and they'll be replaced.

There may be another two in the World Caches folder in your Sims 3 folder in My Documents. You will need to delete it too. If you have a Mac the caches in the World Caches folder need to be left there or your games in that world will be corrupted but if you don't delete it after changing the world file then you'll have problems too.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Karritz - The one with the fixed up world is @ciane - I think the forum text editor auto-selected the wrong member on you there. :)

Her fixed up ready to play world is here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top