Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do we hate on TS4?

Comments

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    So in essence, what you are asking us to do is be satisfied with a game that doesn't meet the expectations of a segment of the Sims playing community. In essence YOU are satisfied with the status quo. In other words, "We like it so don't complain about it...and go back to playing your previous iteration...while we get the benefits of updates and other stuff...essentially: quit complaining." Well I, as a TS3 player, am not satisfied with the STATUS QUO and I EXPECT BETTER from the game that was SUPPOSED to be a sequel to the game I play.

A certain individual stated this to the SWBF2 community however it can very much be applicable here to the Sims community.
    We are trying to run the company with an ear to the consumer at all times, not only in the testing phase but when the game is up and running. We're trying to build games that last for years, not for months... If we're not making mistakes along the way and learning from them, that's when you should worry about us.

They are NOT listening to a segment of the consumer base. THEY ARE NOT LEARNING FROM THEIR MISTAKES...and ABOVE ALL THEIR ENTIRE ATTITUDE towards that segment of the consumer base is demeaning and insulting.

If that is the way that they're going to treat their consumer base, my money talks a heck of a lot more than anything I could complain about here. And that's that PLUM will freeze over before I put down good money earned on TS4. And if their intention is to sink the Sims franchise...by not listening to a section of their consumer base THEN SO BE IT!

but you just said yourself your not a segment of the consumer base anymore there making the game for people who like it
    not people who want it to be like something else it will never be ts3 just like ts3 will never be ts4 and so on
    every sims game is different and the truth is if you don't like it now you likely never will
    they said from the start some people will like it some people won't

,,,and that is the problem, @comicsforlife. They created a fanbase that wanted Open World, CASt and flexibility, then they turned around and spit at that fanbase and said that it was "too hard" to do. That is basically a CROCK...seeing the kind of games that they produce for other franchises.

If you're happy to tell those who liked the open world concept "The future Sims iterations will never be like TS3 and you're just going to have to stomach it..." tough... When you alienate an entire segment of a franchise that likes a certain aspect of game-play then you have to suffer the ramifications of an undeniably angered group. I'm sure that "Some will like it; some won't" excuse is good enough for most people who are satisfied with the stripped down game that they received, but we aren't. We expect to see better and that voice is going to increase as dissatisfied members of the TS4 community start to return to their previously liked iterations. And we are seeing that right now. Including several who have returned to TS3.

if I can not prove what they say is untrue beyond a reasonable doubt then I with hold my judgment
    if ts4 stops selling they will stop making it but at the moment there happy with how its doing
    we can not say for sure which sims game is liked the most
    even if we new the sells of each and sims 4 sold the most it would not mean it was liked the most only that it sold more
    I don't think they ever said there will never be an open world again I know how you feel I'm a big batman fan and the writers for that right now make me sick what made me feel better though was one of the writers
    that was not happy with the way things are going he said this is the way popcultur works and even if they turn your favorite hero in to a monster
    as long as you keep them the same in your heart they will never die and things will always come back around
    I hope that helps @Nikkei_Simmer

If that was true for any of the previous iterations, we wouldn't have sequels. They don't make a new iteration when the old one stops selling.
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    edited December 2017
    I;ve found some of the responses on here interesting since I posted earlier and then went back to (attempting) to write my (very annoying) thesis chapter...

In regards to the direct insults and such, others have explained so much better than I can what inspired me to post in that vein. The person I quoted has also a track record of jumping on people who support TS4 or criticise TS3 without actually reading their posts or finding out all the facts. I responded in that way to that person on those grounds, because I think their particular approach is problematic and they can create misunderstandings over it. I don't actually think most people in this thread are intending to attack fans of either game. But there is a genuine atmosphere of struggle at times and it makes me sad. I want to just play TS4. I don't care about the politics of it. I also don't want anyone who hates TS4 to feel like they should be made to love it by a forum that's all positives towards TS4 and no criticism. But I think it can and does go too far and becomes too factional. And I think there's a small minority of people who go around looking for threads where someone is discussing something about TS4 and then they jump in to say how horrible that feature is because it isn't the same as in TS3. It's NOT the majority, but those people exist. And we are letting those people behave like that, and that is what is making TS4 fans more defensive than they need to be in threads like this one, where mostly people are just answering the question asked by the OP. I certainly feel there are few safe spaces to discuss good things about TS4 without the fear of someone jumping in to sabotage the discussion. I never even thought of that happening when I joined this forum, so that's not something I've invented as a preconceived idea. It's something that I've learned from experience reading and posting here. And it does make it a lot less pleasant in general.

Personally, I would like to be able to share my sim stories properly. But because there's always so much negativity about the possibilities for storytelling in Sims 4 (which is entirely subjective, by the way, from person to person, and not a 'fact'), I have essentially given up. I don't want to make a thread, only to see it disappear into chaos because someone has a real bee in their bonnet about one aspect of the game and can't let it go. I know I shouldn't feel that way, and that's a biased way of thinking and expecting trouble, but I can't help it. I do. So I don't post those kinds of things. But it makes me sad, because when I played Sims 2, years ago, I not only posted about stuff like that all the time, I created some legacy concepts and inspired others to join in and had a total blast sharing progress with the community. And I don't feel I can do that here.

What some of the posts have also indicated is that there are some TS3 fans here who DO feel betrayed by EA over TS4. I am sort of glad that people are honest enough to express that, because when I suggested it as a reason for the tension, it got shot down as though it was completely ludicrous. I think it makes a lot of sense that fans of TS3's open world would feel that way. And the thing is, people who were fans of TS2 felt that way about TS3, too. That's a bit my point in all of this. The people making the decisions aren't the people playing the games. I feel like we'd get a lot further with improvements, bug fixes etc if we stopped disputing among ourselves what is best and instead started working together more on ideas from ALL old games or none that could be put forward - whether in TS4 going forward or into a new game in the future. The saddest thing is that there are a lot of bugs in TS4 at the moment and they're mostly being ignored when people raise them, as more folk are more interested in this kind of thread than they are in discussing issue fixes. I think as a community we might be sabotaging our own potential to get issues resolved. And ultimately, TS4 players aren't anything to do with what EA decides. Blatantly, or we'd have quicker fixes and EP releases ;) So that frustration I feel sometimes ends up directed in the wrong place.

I certainly don't hate anyone who likes TS3. I might be wary of certain people based on forum actions, but I don't care what game they prefer to play. I care more about how they treat other people rather than how they treat their digital people, if that makes sense :/

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    there's creative corner on here if you want a place to tell stories everyone is nice over there @Vraie
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2017
    In regards to the open worlds in Sims 3, I found a person on a well known CC site who has fixed the routing issues with many of the worlds (both worlds that came from the game itself and store worlds) and I play with her fixed worlds in my games. Yes, even Isla Paradiso which everyone says is a huge mess in terms of routing, etc. So, fixes to any Sims version can be done IF there was an editor (like when you write and publish a book) and someone was willing to recode the game. Twillian (NRAAS) fixed many of the issues with his game mods for Sims 3. Sims 2 for me was fixed by Aspyr who ported the games to the Mac OS.
    What's more, you can solve the issues yourself. I remember having terrible (unplayable, nights took ten real minutes) freezing in China. Then I learned what caused it: two lots with routing issues. One lot I changed into 'no visitors allowed', on the other one I replaced a door by an arch. Freezing after that was over. IP and Bridgeport are notorious where it comes to routing issues. Those are designer flaws, not open world as such.
    5JZ57S6.png
    @Vraie - that's an interesting post but a couple of things stood out to me

1. You just want to play TS4 and don't care about the politics of it all - then do just that.

2. Post your stories - there's a section on the forums for it as @comicsforlife pointed out. I've never seen anyone barging into someone's creative thread and putting them down. That would be a major line crossed, so don't let something that is unlikely to happen discourage you.

3. Yes there are bugs in the game, but there's threads dedicated to those bugs and you can tag SimGuruNick with any issues and send him your game files, so I don't think much negativity spills over into those threads, especially when they are started as soon as new DLC comes out

4. This is in general - not aimed at you - no one is stopping anyone from starting positive threads in the feedback section at all - it's when the OP starts out with comments that bring down another iteration when someone jumps in. I, for one, like to read what people find interesting about TS4 and I won't comment unless the comparisons start, but for some reason when any positive thread start, there's usually a negative connotation. Why must one game be brought down to make another look good?

Vraie wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Please don’t try and speak for others, forcing them (‘those people’) to contradict something they never even said or thought. Sims 4 definitely is a step back, compared to both Sims 2 and 3. Sims 2 and 3 I see as equal. One beats the other in some areas and vice versa. Sorry but this really is about Sims 4 for people, not about Sims 2 or 3.

The sad thing is that you're proving everything I said correct. It's not a statement of fact that TS4 is a step back. It's your opinion. I respect it, but that is all it is. It doesn't give you the right to impose that opinion on me or anyone else as actual fact. You are the one speaking for others, not me.

In contrast, what I said about the scapegoating of TS4 is, and I quote myself, "I feel that".

That's not me saying "it is that way." I'm not saying "a lot of people do this" or "everyone thinks this". I'm saying what *I* believe based on the things I read on this forum on a regular basis. I then went on to say "those people" (ie, the ones that, in my opinion, feel that way about TS4 for that reason, act in that manner). At no point did I say everyone who likes TS3 acts that way. I just said that in my opinion there are people who feel that way and thus act in that regard. If that is an incorrect judgement then it is. I can only form my opinion based on the actions of other people, which is what I have done. It's genuinely just me trying to explain why so many people behave in such an incomprehensible way around this game, because otherwise why would you hate on TS4 just because you liked TS3 better? If that isn't the explanation for some of the really hostile behaviour on this forum (including yours), then what is the reason? I can only hypothesise, because frankly, I don't understand it at all.

I am also rather concerned about your inability to discern two different posters and posts in your reply, as well. It sort of indicates you don't see either of us as people, but just 'things to be argued with' because our views maybe contradict your own. I did notice that you only apologised to the other poster, and not to me. I am sure that was an oversight, but it was me you were attacking, and it isn't the first time you've jumped to conclusions about my comments and have launched into attack mode without stopping to find out all the details or read the post properly, either. On that occasion it was because I said I found TS3 unplayable, and you read that as criticism of TS3, rather than an indictment of my old computer, which couldn't cope with running it. Jumping to conclusions and misreading posts seems to be a common theme for you.

On the subject of TS3, I find the whole matter really silly because I remember when TS3 came out. I remember all the bugs and issues with TS2 as well. Because I remember that, I find this debate ridiculous. There was a ton of hostility towards TS3 in the early days, because it was so different to TS2 and there were a bevy of problems related to it. A lot of people abandoned TS3 and went back to TS2 because it was seen as 'better'. But my memories of TS2 (which I genuinely love) is that my gameplay was extensively supported by mods and custom content. I haven't had to do that with TS4. I find I am able to play it without mods and custom content. I don't know if that says something about me as a player or whether it is something about the game, but it's still the case. I will always love TS2, but I can accept TS4 as a relative and play it without any negative grievances. I don't understand the negativity towards TS4. I genuinely don't understand why it matters so much to poke holes in its gameplay at every single possible opportunity. I can understand choosing not to play it because you hate it, or you hate its format, or any of those things. And I can understand being frustrated with bugs, but the Sims has always had bugs in every game of the franchise. If you have played TS from the start, you basically know that TS4's bugs are no worse than those encountered in previous games. The reason I played with so many mods in TS2 was partly on that account.

On the flipside of that, there were just as many people who were absolutely smitten by TS3 and hated on TS2 extensively. TS3 had better graphics, better gameplay, less buggy, etc etc. And so there were disagreements then about the same kind of things. Reality is that they are just different. Equals, yes. I agree with you on that. But different. TS4 is also in my opinion equal, but different. It has strengths in some areas and weaknesses in others, just as its predecessors did. Right now, the bugs are immediately frustrating as they have no obvious fix. And I will say that I know TS4 has come a long way from the bare base game that it began with, adding in things that should have been there from the start. I totally understand people who were annoyed with that.

What I don't understand is why any of this has to become hostile. If it's not about feeling resentful towards EA over TS4 (as actually some of the posts subsequent to mine also indicate, calling the EA approach to pack speed pathetic and so on), then what is it about? I don't see why it's necessary to constantly undermine TS4, and by extension, its players. It's a game and people enjoy it. That's their right, they should be able to do that and post about it without worrying someone's going to rip their head off for daring to like the 'unpopular relation' in the family tree. The game has problems, yes. But it's still in progress, and really they all do. And really, so does life. Honestly, the real world has so many bigger issues to deal with than which TS game is best. I'll reiterate what I said before - whatever your personal preferences, it's absolutely never okay to go in and attack someone else for their preferences or treat them with less respect than you would treat someone who agrees with you. It's ok to disagree with someone, but only if you do so with respect.

I also want to clarify that what I posted above and and what I am posting now is really NOT aimed at 'most people' in this thread. In my opinion up till the last few pages, this thread was genuinely answering and discussing the question raised at the start. I don't have an issue with anyone who has explained their personal reasons for not liking TS4 or the issues they've had in a calm and respectful way. That's fine. It's your opinion. Share it. No reason not to. All those opinions are valid. Also, in the interests of fairness, it is absolutely not ok to call fans of TS3 or people who don't like TS4 names either. That's not cool, I don't support that and nothing I have said is intended to imply that I think it's fine for fans of TS4 to behave like heathens either. It's not an us vs them situation and it never should be. Someone explaining why they like TS3 better than TS4 is not automatically out to get TS4 fans. I think we need the distinction between those who clearly are and those who clearly just want to get their views across (on both 'sides', if we even need sides). It's what I said before - devs are going to be more interested in coherent critical discussion and ideas rather than arguments about what is best.

I'm also 'old' in relative terms to this forum and game, and I prefer TS4 to TS3, so that logic of age is really irrelevant. You like what you like, end of. It's just about how that like is expressed with people of differing perceptions.

What I object to is the steamrollering attempts of a small minority of people to derail this kind of discussion and make it an argument about what game is best, making the whole tone confrontational. People need to have the right to criticise a game or love a game without the fear or risk of being flamebaited or attacked.

@aricarai - yeah, I maybe should have been more clear in my explanation of the TS2 connection. I know there are a lot of in-game details that are different but I am generally okay with accepting that as just how this version of TS is operating. I like some things more in TS4 and I like some things less. That's life, I suppose. I come from another community with stuff that crosses four generations and there has always been some tension involved between fans of different generations, although I have been involved with it for long enough now to be part of a community area where we just embrace all versions and accept they're different and get on with it. But I like - and am very happy - that we can agree to disagree on this :)

The sad thing is that you're proving everything I said correct.
    No I'm not. All I am proving is that I can generalize too. I know that, never said I didn't, but it doesn't prove your point about Sims 4 being a Sims 3 player's problem (which was the quintessence of your post and the only thing that bothered me). Adding 'I feel that' doesn't prevent you from generalizing by the way. The only difference here is that others were generalizing games, you were generalizing people. And simplifying criticism on Sims 4.
    I am also rather concerned about your inability to discern two different posters and posts in your reply, as well. It sort of indicates you don't see either of us as people, but just 'things to be argued with' because our views maybe contradict your own.
    First, it was caused by the fact I was on my iPad and scrolling up and down on that thing is a nightmare. Second: it's in fact true that I don't care who says what on this forum, I respond to what I read. Which means I can strongly disagree with a simmer one moment, and awesome them the next. I don't hold grudges and I don't blindly agree with simmers I like. I react to thoughts and opinions. Not sure why that would be a bad thing. It doesn't mean I see simmers here as 'things' though. I even feel sympathy for a lot of them. That doesn't affect my opinions about the game though.
    At no point did I say everyone who likes TS3 acts that way.
    What you were doing was suggesting Sims 4 critics are basically Sims 3 fans, turning criticizing Sims 4 into an exclusive hobby for Sims 3 fans, claiming that's all there is to it. I don't care if you think each and every Sims 3 fan is like that. I care that you ignore the fact Sims 4 isn't just criticized by Sims 3 fans. And that the motives of Sims 3 fans who do criticize Sims 4 is more than 'finding reasons to attack TS4 because TS3 ended and TS4 didn't follow its legacy', 'angry scapegoating because they feel betrayed by EA' and 'overspilling against fans of TS4, who they feel are 'traitors' and are perpetuating a game franchise that isn't what they (the TS3 fans) would have preferred'.
    What I object to is the steamrollering attempts of a small minority of people to derail this kind of discussion and make it an argument about what game is best, making the whole tone confrontational.
    There is no question of derailing here, because it was an ingredient carefully brought into the dicussion by the OP.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Let's Stop talking about the Sims Series, and Let's talk about
    Star Trek, we have,
    The Next Generation (1987–94)
    Deep Space Nine (1993–99)
    Voyager (1995–2001)
    Enterprise (2001–05)
    Discovery (2017–present)

Do you think it was a bad move that they made all of them different?
    Let's say SimCity, is like Next Generation (1987–94)
    Sims 1, is like Deep Space Nine (1993–99)
    Sims 2, is like Voyager (1995–2001)
    Sims 3, is like Enterprise (2001–05)
    Sims 4, is like Discovery (2017–present)
    Star Trek, Series, just like the Sims Series are all Different but all Great within themselves.

People may have talked and talked about how they want them to add Voyager things to Discovery
    People may have talked and talked about how they want them to add Enterprise things to Discovery.
    Do you think they would have changed Star Trek Discovery?
    Do you think that the Star Trek Series would have been as successful if they were all the same?

So We should reason that When EA Maxis made Sims 4 they made it different Because they wanted it to be different.
    So when they made the EP Cats & Dogs, they reasoned, DO people want to be a Pet??
    Or is it more reasonable to want to have a Pet?

In Sims 4 we have Pets, and they behave like real pets, our control is at the same level. everything that you can do with the real pet is included in the menu.
    That's why People that truly have the EP Cats & Dogs, really love it because it's like having real pets.
    I would never want to click and become the Pet, takes all the realism out of the EP.
    No, they do not just sit there until you come back, like one person suggested, no They behave like real pets, and get into everything, and run around the neighboorhood, and even find things to bring home.
    That's why when you come home they are dirty. or sick. and they make people and pet friends.
    Now I do not want to see Sims 2 pushed into Sims 3,
    And I do not want to see Sims 2 Pushed into Sims 4,
    And I do not want to see Sims 3 pushed into Sims 4,
    We need to give it a break! or something and reason, That just as much as The Start Trek, Series was great each one into themselves.
    So is Each Sims Series

Sims 2
    Sims 3
    Sims 4
    All great and all Different So let's just help them fix problems if we find one.
    Because Sims 4 Cats & Dogs EP is just as close to a 100% Perfect EP as it gets. Just get your own and find out for yourself.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
    I;ve found some of the responses on here interesting since I posted earlier and then went back to (attempting) to write my (very annoying) thesis chapter...

In regards to the direct insults and such, others have explained so much better than I can what inspired me to post in that vein. The person I quoted has also a track record of jumping on people who support TS4 or criticise TS3 without actually reading their posts or finding out all the facts. I responded in that way to that person on those grounds, because I think their particular approach is problematic and they can create misunderstandings over it. I don't actually think most people in this thread are intending to attack fans of either game. But there is a genuine atmosphere of struggle at times and it makes me sad. I want to just play TS4. I don't care about the politics of it. I also don't want anyone who hates TS4 to feel like they should be made to love it by a forum that's all positives towards TS4 and no criticism. But I think it can and does go too far and becomes too factional. And I think there's a small minority of people who go around looking for threads where someone is discussing something about TS4 and then they jump in to say how horrible that feature is because it isn't the same as in TS3. It's NOT the majority, but those people exist. And we are letting those people behave like that, and that is what is making TS4 fans more defensive than they need to be in threads like this one, where mostly people are just answering the question asked by the OP. I certainly feel there are few safe spaces to discuss good things about TS4 without the fear of someone jumping in to sabotage the discussion. I never even thought of that happening when I joined this forum, so that's not something I've invented as a preconceived idea. It's something that I've learned from experience reading and posting here. And it does make it a lot less pleasant in general.

Personally, I would like to be able to share my sim stories properly. But because there's always so much negativity about the possibilities for storytelling in Sims 4 (which is entirely subjective, by the way, from person to person, and not a 'fact'), I have essentially given up. I don't want to make a thread, only to see it disappear into chaos because someone has a real bee in their bonnet about one aspect of the game and can't let it go. I know I shouldn't feel that way, and that's a biased way of thinking and expecting trouble, but I can't help it. I do. So I don't post those kinds of things. But it makes me sad, because when I played Sims 2, years ago, I not only posted about stuff like that all the time, I created some legacy concepts and inspired others to join in and had a total blast sharing progress with the community. And I don't feel I can do that here.

What some of the posts have also indicated is that there are some TS3 fans here who DO feel betrayed by EA over TS4. I am sort of glad that people are honest enough to express that, because when I suggested it as a reason for the tension, it got shot down as though it was completely ludicrous. I think it makes a lot of sense that fans of TS3's open world would feel that way. And the thing is, people who were fans of TS2 felt that way about TS3, too. That's a bit my point in all of this. The people making the decisions aren't the people playing the games. I feel like we'd get a lot further with improvements, bug fixes etc if we stopped disputing among ourselves what is best and instead started working together more on ideas from ALL old games or none that could be put forward - whether in TS4 going forward or into a new game in the future. The saddest thing is that there are a lot of bugs in TS4 at the moment and they're mostly being ignored when people raise them, as more folk are more interested in this kind of thread than they are in discussing issue fixes. I think as a community we might be sabotaging our own potential to get issues resolved. And ultimately, TS4 players aren't anything to do with what EA decides. Blatantly, or we'd have quicker fixes and EP releases ;) So that frustration I feel sometimes ends up directed in the wrong place.

I certainly don't hate anyone who likes TS3. I might be wary of certain people based on forum actions, but I don't care what game they prefer to play. I care more about how they treat other people rather than how they treat their digital people, if that makes sense :/

I have to ask, are you referring to me here? If yes, could you please just tell it to my face instead of turning to others and talk about me? And could you back up what you are claiming there? This “has also a track record of jumping on people who support TS4”? Because that sentence alone makes me doubt you are talking about me, I don’t jump on people who support TS4. Oh well, maybe you’re not talking about me after all, but at the end of the day that doesn’t really matter. Again you are getting personal instead of discussing the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »

Star Trek, we have,
    The Next Generation (1987–94)
    Deep Space Nine (1993–99)
    Voyager (1995–2001)
    Enterprise (2001–05)
    Discovery (2017–present)

Do you think it was a bad move that they made all of them different?
    Let's say SimCity, is like Next Generation (1987–94)
    Sims 1, is like Deep Space Nine (1993–99)
    Sims 2, is like Voyager (1995–2001)
    Sims 3, is like Enterprise (2001–05)
    Sims 4, is like Discovery (2017–present)
    Star Trek, Series, just like the Sims Series are all Different but all Great within themselves.
    I love Star Trek and you’re right, they are different but while they have some positives of their own, they also have their own faults.
    People may have talked and talked about how they want them to add Voyager things to Discovery
    People may have talked and talked about how they want them to add Enterprise things to Discovery.
    Do you think they would have changed Star Trek Discovery?
    Do you think that the Star Trek Series would have been as successful if they were all the same?
    Except each series takes place in a different generation and while different they exist as one continuous Star Trek story.
    Sims 4 does not necessarily follow the same template as Star Trek. While the sims are different among each other, they have similarities. Like the Goths for example. Yes, TS4 is it’s own story but I wouldn’t compare it to Star Trek. It wouldn’t make sense to have the series be exactly the same but it also wouldn’t make sense for the series to be extremely different from each other.
    If space travel no longer existed there would be a problem.

Also as a fan, there are some Aliens or plot points I wanted to see continue or connected throughout the series.
    Watching the original Star Trek, there was a population similar to Q from Star Trek the next gen. Even though they only appeared in one episode, I wish they were referenced when discussing Q
    So We should reason that When EA Maxis made Sims 4 they made it different Because they wanted it to be different.
    So when they made the EP Cats & Dogs, they reasoned, DO people want to be a Pet??
    Or is it more reasonable to want to have a Pet?

In Sims 4 we have Pets, and they behave like real pets, our control is at the same level. everything that you can do with the real pet is included in the menu.
    That's why People that truly have the EP Cats & Dogs, really love it because it's like having real pets.
    I would never want to click and become the Pet, takes all the realism out of the EP.
    No, they do not just sit there until you come back, like one person suggested, no They behave like real pets, and get into everything, and run around the neighboorhood, and even find things to bring home.
    That's why when you come home they are dirty. or sick. and they make people and pet friends.
    Now I do not want to see Sims 2 pushed into Sims 3,
    And I do not want to see Sims 2 Pushed into Sims 4,
    And I do not want to see Sims 3 pushed into Sims 4,
    We need to give it a break! or something and reason, That just as much as The Start Trek, Series was great each one into themselves.
    So is Each Sims Series

Sims 2
    Sims 3
    Sims 4
    All great and all Different So let's just help them fix problems if we find one.
    Because Sims 4 Cats & Dogs EP is just as close to a 100% Perfect EP as it gets. Just get your own and find out for yourself.
    People “complained” or discussed the differences between the original Star Trek show and movies versus the modern movies (staring Chris Pine)
    While the modern movies are explained as being a different timeline/dimension, fans still wanted similarities and didn’t always approve of the modern movies take.
    I was taken a back when Spock and Uhura shared a kiss in the movie.
    Also not everyone agreed with the story and representation of Khan in the modern take.

Also, no one is pushing TS4 to be like past installments, some people, myself included, just don’t understand why some simple things (like NPCs) were cut out. I don’t have a problem with loading screens and I don’t mind if the worlds aren’t as open as TS3 but even I agree the ways TS4 goes about it is ridiculous.
    Apartments are a joke. I dont care to control pets but I would like to see their needs. At least they could have added that as a cheat. I know there’s a mod, but why should mods be the only solution? They break, need updating, and conflict with other mods sometimes

And nothing against you @Stormsview honestly, but I’m honestly over this “realism” argument.
    1. It’s a game
    2. Not everyone plays the game realistically
    3. How are cow plants realistic??
    4. Not controlling pets are realistic but the illnesses these pets get are?
    5. Controlling a whole family is realistic but not pets?
    6. It’s a game meant for people to play their own way. It can be as realistic or unrealistic as players want

I’m not trying to attack anyone and I’m sorry if it comes out that way, but if players found something positive in past installments of course they’ll assume or want that feature to return in future installments.
    And even if they don’t return, I would think we would get something in exchange. But TS4 limits choices.
    A color wheel for pets but not sims? If we had a color wheel, it would get rid of a lot of CC in my game since some are just recolors.

I really do like TS4, i just get annoyed with it sometimes

But I do agree, we should work together to get problems solved but the issue is whenever someone mentions a problem for them, there’s always another person saying there is no problem. I think WE ALL need to recognize that just because something isn’t our problem doesn’t mean it’s not a problem.
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

Star Trek.

The sims is supposed to be a life simulator, each iteration more complex/dedicated than the last.

Sims 1 was the basic dollhouse.
    Sims 2 was a dollhouse, added different life stages and deeper personalities.
    Sims 3 was a dollhouse, different life stages, personalities, and more customization.
    Sims 4 is a dollhouse, different life stages, short on personalities, and less customization than the last.

Each game is meant to build up the previous.
    Not be considered seperate games/experiences.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    The problem here is that EA/Maxis when they decided to create Sims 3 is that they created a segment of the Sims gaming community that is fiercely loyal to Open World and CASt. They created the segment of that community and NOW they're spitting in the face of that community saying that "Oh, Open World was a step too far"...and essentially saying that "You're going to have to take what we give you." essentially telling them that despite the fact that there are other games out there that have been coded for open world, they give us the tripe that Open World is too difficult for the Sims. That's the reason why there is the ire that there is from the TS3 community. We feel snubbed, slighted and being told to "play your game" and "don't criticize ours" makes us extremely angry. We see the potential of the game, yet EA decided, for what reason, to strip the game to its bare bones. THAT IS THE INSULT that we are enraged over. And then to top it off to have an EA executive tell us that "We're Listening"...and see this continue: that enrages us to no end.

There's an easy solution to this which I wish that EA would consider taking:

That is, begin supporting TS3 as well as TS4. For one, create a 64-bit .exe for TS3. That will help with some of the problems of the game choking on all of the EP, SP, and CC content that players have accumulated. Secondly, adopt some of the community fixes that are already out there -- such as fixes to routing errors in certain worlds.

Since the games are so radically different, I don't believe that there will be so much competition that either game would be hurt. Instead, EA might begin to generate more revenue.

It's something worth thinking about. If I had a 64-bit .exe for TS3, I'd go back to TS3 and stop banging my head against the wall over TS4. I'd start buying any new EPs that they decided to introduce.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    @airicai
    First and foremost, thank you for always being respectful in your posts. I really appreciate that. What this thread is doing is actually showing there are a lot more people than I realised before who are willing to discuss stuff and that makes me happy :smiley:

I'm not at a point where I feel the forum is open enough for me to really share those things yet, as I take pride in my story creation in general, not just in Sims. I know I'm holding back and it annoys me that I am, but right now, that's where I am with this. It's also why I like threads like this when they become discussions. I like to understand other people's points of view...but who knows. @comicsforlife, thanks for the tip about that area of the forum.

Also, I have to be honest. I could never play Sims 3 because my PC messed it up. It almost killed one PC and the other made all my sims bald, so I gave up at the base game. I would LOVE to know more about all the things that TS3 had. It would be super interesting to have that dialogue. But I don't want that with the caveat of "this is why it's better than TS4" or "TS4 should do this" etc. I just want to learn about the game I wasn't able to play. I mean, I don't have C&D but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy reading other people's threads on the subject. I hate pets in my game, they annoy me. But I love seeing other people's pictures and stories and concepts. The thing is, the negativity is stopping me asking questions. I don't want a masterclass in why a game I enjoy is awful, wrong, a betrayal, waste of space, nonexistent, worthless, ruining the franchise, etc. I just want to know about the good stuff in TS3, not have it rammed down my throat why that makes TS3 better. (And I sort of wonder if maybe there are fans of TS3 who don't like TS4 much themselves but who would still like to hear how other people manage to play the game in a different way from how they would, and enjoy it, without being told that they should get over the change in setting or that they're old or out of date or sore losers or whatever comments you guys are experiencing. Realistically in the franchise the odd one out is TS3, because of the openworld, and that is where the issues come in because of vastly different gameplay...

My issue with the bug reporting. For some reason (and the forum people there don't know why either, but think it's to do with my browser), I can't start new bug reports on the proper reporting site. I can only reply to existing threads. There are numerous bugs around at the moment. At least one major bug, with the dishwashing, I think rosemow said there'd been a request for someone to start a new thread about it on that site. As I mentioned, I'd like to, but I can't. It took 3 months for me to get to report a bug I have in my game and that was only posted there because the forum mods copy-pasted the information from a screen capture I took and posted it for me.

I feel like I see a lot of comments about bugs but sometimes the reporting side of it is falling short. And I think that's a problem. I may be totally wrong, but that's my impression. And certainly, my frustration.

I hope that made sense.

As for posting positive stuff, I haven't started a thread, but I have been attacked for simply saying I like TS4 in a thread before. That's not okay and I'm not looking to repeat the experience. I'm too old for flame warring with people, and I am genuinely not interested in arguing with anyone, but if I can be jumped on just for saying I like TS4 in a thread, I hope you'll forgive me but I'm really not keen to start a whole new post about something because I know exactly how that will end up.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    @airicai
    First and foremost, thank you for always being respectful in your posts. I really appreciate that. What this thread is doing is actually showing there are a lot more people than I realised before who are willing to discuss stuff and that makes me happy :smiley:

I'm not at a point where I feel the forum is open enough for me to really share those things yet, as I take pride in my story creation in general, not just in Sims. I know I'm holding back and it annoys me that I am, but right now, that's where I am with this. It's also why I like threads like this when they become discussions. I like to understand other people's points of view...but who knows. @comicsforlife, thanks for the tip about that area of the forum.

Also, I have to be honest. I could never play Sims 3 because my PC messed it up. It almost killed one PC and the other made all my sims bald, so I gave up at the base game. I would LOVE to know more about all the things that TS3 had. It would be super interesting to have that dialogue. But I don't want that with the caveat of "this is why it's better than TS4" or "TS4 should do this" etc. I just want to learn about the game I wasn't able to play. I mean, I don't have C&D but it doesn't mean I don't enjoy reading other people's threads on the subject. I hate pets in my game, they annoy me. But I love seeing other people's pictures and stories and concepts. The thing is, the negativity is stopping me asking questions. I don't want a masterclass in why a game I enjoy is awful, wrong, a betrayal, waste of space, nonexistent, worthless, ruining the franchise, etc. I just want to know about the good stuff in TS3, not have it rammed down my throat why that makes TS3 better. (And I sort of wonder if maybe there are fans of TS3 who don't like TS4 much themselves but who would still like to hear how other people manage to play the game in a different way from how they would, and enjoy it, without being told that they should get over the change in setting or that they're old or out of date or sore losers or whatever comments you guys are experiencing. Realistically in the franchise the odd one out is TS3, because of the openworld, and that is where the issues come in because of vastly different gameplay...

My issue with the bug reporting. For some reason (and the forum people there don't know why either, but think it's to do with my browser), I can't start new bug reports on the proper reporting site. I can only reply to existing threads. There are numerous bugs around at the moment. At least one major bug, with the dishwashing, I think rosemow said there'd been a request for someone to start a new thread about it on that site. As I mentioned, I'd like to, but I can't. It took 3 months for me to get to report a bug I have in my game and that was only posted there because the forum mods copy-pasted the information from a screen capture I took and posted it for me.

I feel like I see a lot of comments about bugs but sometimes the reporting side of it is falling short. And I think that's a problem. I may be totally wrong, but that's my impression. And certainly, my frustration.

I hope that made sense.

As for posting positive stuff, I haven't started a thread, but I have been attacked for simply saying I like TS4 in a thread before. That's not okay and I'm not looking to repeat the experience. I'm too old for flame warring with people, and I am genuinely not interested in arguing with anyone, but if I can be jumped on just for saying I like TS4 in a thread, I hope you'll forgive me but I'm really not keen to start a whole new post about something because I know exactly how that will end up.

I’m curious how other people play the sims 4. I don’t dislike the game, but I have frustrations with it, some are bug related I think but sometimes it’s because I don’t feel I can play the way I want too. I don’t mean I want to play it the way I play the sims 3 as my play style for that game is different to how I play the sims 1 & 2 because the games are very different. I love the sims 3 and while there’s elements I miss from that game, I miss so much from the sims 1 & 2 then.

I asked the original poster way back in the thread what changed her mind about the game from negative to positive because I’m curious. I’ve went from loving the game to liking the game just. I like seeing how others play their sims games and I like sim lit and lets plays as sometimes it can inspire me to try this or that in game. For example I’m not a big user of clubs, my clubs are all the same and I like seeing other people’s ideas. This doesn’t just apply to the sims 4 to be fair. It goes for any of the games but mainly for the sims 4 as it’s my least favourite of the series and I want to love it the way I do the others.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

Star Trek.

The sims is supposed to be a life simulator, each iteration more complex/dedicated than the last.

Sims 1 was the basic dollhouse.
    Sims 2 was a dollhouse, added different life stages and deeper personalities.
    Sims 3 was a dollhouse, different life stages, personalities, and more customization.
    Sims 4 is a dollhouse, different life stages, short on personalities, and less customization than the last.

Each game is meant to build up the previous.
    Not be considered seperate games/experiences.
    This is what I too expected originally because it happened whith other game series which I have played. But I had to realize that this isn’t at all what EA has been doing whith the Sims games and I think that TS4 has made it even more clear than ever before because TS4 instead simplified many things and omitted others. The idea clearly must have been to make the game more simple, easy and happy than ever before and to guide new simmers even more too. For me to see the only possible explanation for such a strategy must have been to attempt to attract more new simmers to TS4 instead of making the game more advanced and bigger for the simmers who also played the previous games. As far as we know the strategy also seem to have succeeded because it seems that somewhere between 5 and 10 million copies of TS4 has already been sold.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2017
    Gruffman wrote: »

If I may, there has been ( and still is, to an extent ) an underlying tone on the forums that if you like the Sims4, your ... wrong. It is hard to put into words and it isn't a good feeling yo have. So I can fully understand that sense of "we should be ashamed for liking it". If you do like the Sims4, you do often feel alienated and/or isolated from this community. It is a sad state of affairs, you have to grow a thicker skin or just leave. So, even though it wasn't specifically pointed out in this particular thread ... it has in many others.

As to the second part ... about how no one in the thread stated they 'hate' sims4. I do find it ironic that it is the threads title. I mean ... it is the whole title of the thread. I find it funny. While the vast majority has said their disappointments, there was this on why it was hated.

Go play what you want to go play. Don't play what you don't want to go play. In the end, no one cares one way or the other.

I don't think you are wrong for liking the Sims 4. I think that is the problem just with Twitter and forums and even on fan sites is that everything is so black and white that there is a right and wrong about everything without accepting there is space in between as well and that people come in all shapes and forms instead of the Facebook generalizations. Like you are only right and allowed to post on forums if you like the Sims 4 while ignoring that Sims forums is made of multiple Sims games now. From my own experience, I was told I was wrong regardless how I felt about the Sims 4 whether I liked it, had a bad day with it with bugs, whether I got bored with it, whether I was ok with it. There is no winning over people sometimes so best to let them be unhappy in their own insecurities. I just learned not to give a plum about it because people will always find an excuse to belittle others for whatever dumb reason that day because I think as it was explained by someone from another community, the Sims may be their only identity or way to communicate with other. I was like wow, that is true especially when I saw that happen with a fan site. Many Simmers have actually told people that they want forums isolated and that you must think this way in either direction to be allowed to post here. I don't think it is right. No one should feel shamed for posting or have their integrity put into question. I feel like even if I do suggest ideas for the Sims 4, it is shot down right away because people will automatically say it will slow down their computers. So why I think the Sims 4 five years is enough. If people are complaining and tearing out ideas now, it gets discouraging even talking about the Sims 4 by people who play the game too. But thank you for being one of those Simmers I can share ideas with that won't let the Sims 4 be stunted for the sake of performance.

I guess in summary, I don't hate the Sims 4, I hate how people are treated whenever it is mentioned. I think giving into not being able to talk about the Sims 4 is just letting those that don't want it to continue any longer win. What could be a better distraction than having the community fight about it? It is how lions attack by dividing the herd. Either way, given the normal development time for Sims games Sims 4 has less than two years, so biggest question to each Simmer, what are you going to do with that remaining time? Fight until the Sims 4 finishes and continue to have communication stunted, or let development continue that remaining time and make it a welcoming environment to share ideas in. Either way doesn't matter to me because despite the fighting I and others have had ideas with the family play thread and idea for toddler thread and other outlets. Please never give up talking about the Sims Gruffman. You have been a good friend and it has been an honor sharing my Sims stories with you. I think I learned just from losing an online friend recently, not to waste time talking to people because you never know when is going to be their last day. Cherish the moments you have with them. It has been an honor meeting Simmers through family play and BobSquad, so thank you all for being amazing despite the drama going on elsewhere. Also really good posts past couple pages everyone.

I think everyone has felt alienated to some extent. Believe me there was a time where for sticking up for the Gurus I was attacked by many Sims 4 fans so it isn't just a one way street. I do know that regardless how someone has felt towards the Sims 4, they have been bullied from forums and Twitter. I agree the hostility needs to stop, but in order for that to happen each Simmer needs to be responsible for their own actions and not use the excuse, "because they acted that way I can too." No you can't, everyone has to follow the forum rules and telling people to get off them used to be in the old set of rules and honestly don't know why it was taken off because it did help quite a bit. I think by the end of the day, we all have to play in the playground together and learn what we were taught in kindergarten how to play nice with others. There is always going to be someone who is different, but not accepting those differences is what has caused the division in the Sims community in the first place. In some ways it started with the Yibs program with the Sims 3 that only certain Simmers are more important than others. It has been a lie that has run on too long and I'm proof of that lie doesn't hold true. I got told Gurus only wanted to talk to the Yibs people and not "average Simmers" because they don't have a voice. Gurus are nice, nicer than people give them credit for and if they can listen to me who only joined being part of the vocal community when the Sims 4 came out, they will listen to you to. So speak up, share ideas, and don't let the opinions of others stop you from talking about the Sims regardless of which one is your favorite. It's ok having favorites for games, it is what makes us unique humans. I think it is great people are being honest and speaking for themselves past few pages. I think some of the drama that does happen is due to generalizations. Most of the Simmers on forums started with the Sims 1 so I don't know why the Sims 3 is used as a scapegoat for why people are unhappy with the Sims 4. I got that told me too by a Guru before, I was like ok let me tell you my history, my wants, my play styles, and how I am as a person. They have respected me ever since and become a good friend. :)
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited December 2017
    Erpe wrote: »
    This is what I too expected originally because it happened whith other game series which I have played. But I had to realize that this isn’t at all what EA has been doing whith the Sims games and I think that TS4 has made it even more clear than ever before because TS4 instead simplified many things and omitted others.

I believe (i guess in the theory since im unsure if its confirmed) is that it was supposed to be an online game so it was oversimplified, but after a lot of backlash from simcity back in '14 they scrapped the idea and tried to use what resources they already had to make the game. Which is why it started off so barebones like a mobile game.

On the other hand it has been a good introduction to sims as a life simulator for new players, getting used to the routine of making characters, balancing needs, building etx.

Nevertheless, with TS5 they'll know better than releasing an empty game.

The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited December 2017
    Basically what I want is to see EA give every faction a voice in the next EA iteration of The Sims. I'll put up with the cartoon-like image of the Sims if they give us back open-world and terrain-mapping tools and CASt. Being able to create houses on NOT FLAT terrain and being able to play the way I want to is more important to MY style of gameplay than the graphics or the representation of the Sims. If I want to make them look more realistic, then I'll go into CC the way I always have: I'll use a mod to eliminate Joker-esque smiles and pick the walks that don't make them look like they're having an emotional fit. If I am not restricted to a LINEAR line of play, then I will be happy. I just want my sandbox back again, I want the ability to be able to tell a story between houses without having to deal with loading screens everywhere. I want to be able to see my sims go from place to place without having a "Please wait Loading" screen interrupting my immersion.

But as it stands now...NO...I will not put good money after bad and buy something that was haphazardly cobbled together and thrown out as an appeasement.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @airicai

I hope that made sense.

@Vraie - you're welcome! I'd much rather have a discussion with someone than have a back and forth with one-uppers. If I have a point to prove, I'll try to get it across and be respectful about it, but slating matches aren't for me.

I'm not going to lie, I did chuckle about all of your Sims ending up bald. Obviously, it's not funny that your PC was almost killed, but that's a crazy glitch. I think what a lot of people (and this isn't aimed at you) don't want to accept is that The Sims is processor heavy. Any recommended specs that are given are for desktops and as much packs are added, it becomes harder to run on computers that aren't up to scratch. The Sims is also a SUPER expensive hobby - I can't tell you how many different computers that I've been through specifically for this game; it's a bit of an investment. Luckily, knock on wood, I haven't had any issues since I loaded up Sims 1 (when it came out) on my mom's laptop and chalked it full of CC. The laptop and my mom weren't happy when it died! Oopsy!

Honestly, I can't tell you everything that Sims 3 has because still to this day, I discover new things that I've never tried. That coupled with the fact that I'm a builder/decorator more than a player (although I did discover something new about stair placement the other day that I never knew). I could talk your ear off about CASt, building tools, and some skills - but other than that, I'm not the best person to discover things about TS3 from :lol: There is a thread over in the TS3 section called 'What Happened in Your Game Today' - you can learn a lot from that thread and everyone is super friendly.

As someone who prefers TS3, I do like to hear about the good side of TS4 and I do enjoy other people playing the game. I watch a few YouTubers who build in the game and I am amazed at some of the things they do (and I'm secretly jealous of some of the build tools - what I wouldn't give for that roofing tool in TS3) especially with CC involved. And also I'm astounded when I scroll through tumblr and there are sometimes when I can't tell the difference between TS3 and TS4. So I don't hate the game at all, I just prefer a different one in the franchise.

There's a great thread somewhere in this feedback section about all of the Sims' games and what you like from each iteration - it's a good read. I really enjoy reading stuff like that.

That last bit was a bit random, but anyway hope your thesis paper is going well :mrgreen:
  • asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    Because it's so lacking and actual gameplay is being released at a snail's pace. When they actually get round to release new gameplay it is let down after let down; expensive EPs that are very limited and superficial. They always have less content than similar EPs that we had with previous games, despite the fact that they take double the time to release or more (eg: cats and dogs instead of pets). I am also sick of the stuff packs, slash the SP team in half and have more people working on EPs and GPs.

When people simply lap of the mediocrity that EA throws at them, nothing will change. The game will continue to go downhill and you will continue to pay more for less. We are customers who have certain standards and are expressing our dissatisfaction that they are not being met. EA needs us and our money more than we need them.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited December 2017
    @airicai

@Vraie, I play on a 2.2GHz laptop computer - 0.2 less than what the minimum system requirements on the game is supposed to be (for Pets?) Well, what do I do? I play the EPs and everything else that puts my game within the minimum system requirements and exclude Pets (I've put it to the side for now rationalizing that I don't have the system for it so I'm just going to have to deal with not being able to play with Pets until such time as I get THE Gaming Beast computer) - Yes, I'm old, I have a lot of patience; except for when certain individuals tell me to "Like it or we won't produce TS5" - essentially holding my wallet hostage - that annoys me. Yes, TS3 puts a lot of strain on computers. Why? Probably because it's been improperly optimized in terms of coding. Yes, I'm playing TS3 on a computer that isn't made to do the job. But I still persist in doing so. I have planned (when I have enough money to do so) to upgrade to a solid gaming computer, but until then I have to play TS3 on a laptop.

Why do I still play it? Why do I persist in putting myself through diagnosis h-ell in trying to determine WHY TS3 flarked up with consistent errors and bad optimization? Why do I keep putting myself through this to play the game? It's because I love the game. That's why. Even when things break down. I take the time to figure out what the problem is and go in and fix it myself...often asking those who are more experienced than me in dealing with the problems. I don't care how much problems the game gives me; because it caters to the style of game that I play. I have to lower my graphics expectations because if I crank my graphics up to high, with this integrated graphics chip, I'm going to burn out the system, but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy the experience any less.

What I want to see out of EA is for them to listen to ALL sides of the argument - why they cut out so much from TS4 that they turned the game into a bare-bones shell of what it used to be. And I want them to do what they say they are doing and ACTUALLY listen to their ENTIRE FANBASE...not just a select few who are playing the current game instead of shushing the ones who are complaining about "lack of immersion" and the fact that they can't play the style of game that they want. Because right now: as a TS3 player, I feel minimized and told "Go play your game"...and don't criticize the implementation of OUR game is giving EA the carte-blanche to bring out yet another Sims game that doesn't meet OUR expectations and gameplay as a whole. When a video game company stops listening to one segment of the gaming community and tells them to "like it or lump it" so to speak (instead of listening to the entire group as a whole)...that's when you know that the company is IN TROUBLE.

I am a LONG-TIME EA supporter...and proponent. My first EA game was NHL94 (Yes, I'm THAT OLD) which I first got when it came out, because I was a major league hockey fan.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @airicai

I hope that made sense.

The TS3 section is the place to find out about that. I think the "What happened in you Sims game today" topic for instance will give anyone unfamiliar with the game a good image of what it's about. And to be honest, I think most simmers here are very tired of comparison threads.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    @airicai

I hope that made sense.

Closed? I pray it won't come to that. o:):'(:/ , Regardless stand up for what you feel is right.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I like TS4. I want more from it - especially more bad things happening. Sometimes I think like EA ASKED for the T rating, just so they didn't get a PG.

People are always asking for more bad things to happen to your Sim. And sometimes random things happen, but they don't have a right or wrong answer, just different positive outcomes.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top