Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Console controls

Comments

• Kody_kay151Kody_kay151 Posts: 1 New Member
    Honestly all i want is for the game to support direct control & co-op like it did on the sims 2 for ps2, that was when i had the most fun IMO.
  • SammyyyySammyyyy Posts: 1 New Member
    So i cant size up or down , whyyyy!! When i press the buttons together the search bar pops up ! Ive tried so many times and the search bar keeps opening up , its annoying . What am i doing wrong . Im pressing l2 and r2 together then up and down , but the search bar just opens up ...... then the keyboard opens up . I need help
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    edited December 2017
    Anyone know how to sell a stack of items that is in your inventory? It kind of plum having to sell one by one especially when you have a lot to sell
    • Sell inventory stacks: while having the stack selected in the inventory:
      Xbox: press X + Y at the same time.
      PlayStation: press square + triangle at the same time.
      *If you are unable to press Ok in the dialogue that opens, press circle or B to go back and try again

Adding to the list :)
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    I was having the same problem as previous people on here about having the triangle button grayed out and not available in build mode. It happened to me when I loaded up a build from the library that I had been working on and the controls became so buggy. I tried restarting the game and loading up the lot again, but the controls still weren't working correctly. I couldn't even use square for the color swatches or use triangle to delete an item when I selected it. It was frustrating having to go to the sledgehammer every time I needed to delete something. L2 also made the search bar pop up instead of undoing, and most of the time when I use the eyedropper to duplicate something, the description of that item shows up as if I were looking at the catalog.
  • SipopSipop Posts: 166 Member
    > @EA_Mage said:
    > turnerbob074 wrote: »
    >
    > Is there any way to move objects up and down in build mode, like how on pc you can use 9 and 0
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There is currently no way to move objects up/down, but I am forwarding the feedback.
    >
    Yesss!! I really loved move objects up and down in TS3. I miss it. :neutral:
    [
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    Sammyyyy wrote: »
    So i cant size up or down , whyyyy!! When i press the buttons together the search bar pops up ! Ive tried so many times and the search bar keeps opening up , its annoying . What am i doing wrong . Im pressing l2 and r2 together then up and down , but the search bar just opens up ...... then the keyboard opens up . I need help

I'm having the same problem using the enlarge function as well on my PS4. Are there only certain objects that can be enlarged? I have tried every variation, combo, timing that I could think of.
    > @EA_Mage said:
    > crashhat141 wrote: »
    >
    > Anyone know how to sell a stack of items that is in your inventory? It kind of plum having to sell one by one especially when you have a lot to sell
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > * Sell inventory stacks: while having the stack selected in the inventory:
    > Xbox: press X + Y at the same time.
    > PlayStation: press square + triangle at the same time.
    > *If you are unable to press Ok in the dialogue that opens, press circle or B to go back and try again
    >
    >
    > Adding to the list :)

i tried x and y multiple times didn't do it. :/
    [
  • crashhat141crashhat141 Posts: 90 Member
    if pressing both buttons didnt work for the xbox, i doubt it'll work for the ps4 either. I'll try next time I'm on to test it out though
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    @Sipop When you press the 2 buttons do you get a confirmation screen or just nothing happens?

-Mage
    yeah it pops ups but when i click "ok" it doesnt delete the stack, just one from the stack.
    [
    I also cannot delete stacks in the inventory (build mode)
    [
    Sipop wrote: »
    yeah it pops ups but when i click "ok" it doesnt delete the stack, just one from the stack.

For PS4 to delete a stack it's the triangle and square button. The menus pops up to confirm, but then I have to press the circle button once, then I can select and click on the sell box. I hope that helps. Some stacks I don't have to go back once, and the sell stack menu works as intended.
    It seems like on the first click that all possible places, fridge, storage, Sims, where objects can be stored are highlighted. Hitting the cancel or circle button removes those highlights and options. I can't imagine that is how it's supposed to work, but at least it works.
    Maybe your controller is acting up samm? the search bar only pops up if you press all 4 triggers at the same time
  • turnerbob074turnerbob074 Posts: 4 New Member
    @EA_Mage I would recommend the L1 and R1 buttons at the same time and press the up arrow, similar to sizing up objects
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    @EA_Mage How to pick just one item (when you have multiples of the same) from the inventory to stock the street table?
    When I drag and drop (PS4), everything gets selected and I don't want to sell all of them.

Also I don't know why painting a whole room or wall still doesn't work for me. Don't know what I'm doing wrong?
    When I have the painting tool selected, I press R1 or L1 and nothing happens.
  • turnerbob074turnerbob074 Posts: 4 New Member
    @JPNeko in the sims inventory, hover over the stack and press r1, r2 or r3 im not sure, thatll open the stack and you can drag items onto the table from there
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    > @turnerbob074 said:
    > @JPNeko in the sims inventory, hover over the stack and press r1, r2 or r3 im not sure, thatll open the stack and you can drag items onto the table from there

Thank you! Pressing R2 worked. :)
    Still would love to be able to enlarge items on PS4 console. Has any one done it successfully?
    Also, how do you toggle to the eraser in the build/terrain paint menu on the PS4?
  • bconey23bconey23 Posts: 13 New Member
    If you are talking about just enlarging an object in build mode, all you have to do is grab the item, then hold down L2 and R2 at the same time, then you use the dpad up to enlarge any item in the game. I have done this loads of times already in my game.
  • llamaking88llamaking88 Posts: 21 Member
    Is there a way, on console, to foce to sims to be married to each other without playing as them?
    Still would love to be able to enlarge items on PS4 console. Has any one done it successfully?

It's either L1 and R1, or L2 and R2 and up and down to make the item bigger or smaller
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    > @sooozeeebeee said:
    > Also, how do you toggle to the eraser in the build/terrain paint menu on the PS4?

I think it's triangle.
    @Sammyyyy I believe we are not able to shrink, only enlarge. I was able to do this while holding an object in build mode, then pressing L2 and R2, keep holding the buttons down while using the up arrow. Thank you @crashhat141 and @bconey23 for the help. I swear I tried doing just that without success, but maybe I was trying to shrink the object. Kind of sad we can't shrink things.
    @llamaking88 , you should be able to edit them in manage worlds and change their relationship to married. I think one of them might have to have a home somewhere in order to add a SIM or combine households.