Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do we hate on TS4?

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Vraie wrote: »
    @aricarai from what I have read, I think they just wanted a toggle, like an off switch. Honestly, in my opinion, if you don’t want vampires don’t buy vampires or don’t request no vampire interactions period because that defeats the purpose of the pack. I am pro toggling because each player plays differently. I know there are players who do play with supernaturals on one save but don’t on another so I think a switch would be nice to have.
    Thank goodness for MCCC because while I love vampires, my game was generating too much at one point

Yeah, I think this is pretty much the case. The problem is that, as seen with aliens, and recently with patching, too much unnecessary code dabbling can potentially damage the whole gameplay for the people who really are invested in the theme after which the pack is named. If the toggle could exist without damaging any of those structures, I don't have any issues with it. I have issues with people complaining about the vampires and insisting EA must do something to stop them at any cost, completely forgetting that the pack is called Vampires and is designed for people who want Vampires, not for people who don't. I don't buy C&D because I hate Sim pets. It's the same thing to me. But that's sort of off topic.

I think it's really sad that there are people here whose entire purpose to be here is to try and make other people unhappy. Everyone has the right to their opinions. Everyone has the right to disagree with other people but the point is, they have to do it respectfully. If you harass or annoy someone by making unkind comments or flaming them, it doesn't make the person you're attacking any weaker, nor does it make your cause any stronger.

I don't have a problem with TS3 fans and I respect their love for that game. I am also unashamed that I love TS4. It's not my problem if other people don't like that I like it, it's theirs. I don't sit at home fuming that someone out there that I have never met prefers to still play TS3 because they like the open world system. It's their business, not mine.

I feel that a lot of the TS3 resentment is because TS4 is more of a throwback to TS2 style of gameplay, and those people are therefore frustrated that in their view it's taken a step back. Attacking TS4 isn't going to improve or change that in any way, though. Nor is attacking the fans of TS4. TS4 is what it is. I don't understand why people don't just let those who like it play it and get on with their own preferred gameplay.

On the flipside, just because TS4 didn't go down the openworld path, it doesn't mean that TS3 is a useless game or that its ideas weren't good. They're just very different takes on the same franchise, and who knows what will happen in the future if there ever is a TS5?

Right now, though, all that this kind of thread is telling EA is that the people who play their games have serious problems in respecting each other. It's not telling the devs anything useful. More likely, the devs probably don't want to go near those kinds of discussions, because if you were a developer, would you rather know the strengths and weaknesses in constructive terms or would you rather read a bunch of people yelling at each other because they absolutely must have THEIR opinion heard over everyone else, irrespective of who they upset in the process?

Final point...sims are digital coding. They're not real. They don't care if you like or hate their worlds. But people on here? They're real. They're not digital coding, nor text on a screen. Saying hurtful things to people you will never meet is not cool. It might be easier to attack strangers over the internet under an anonymous screen name, but it's really not cool. And it makes me sad that there are people who think it's okay to upset other people over a game. There are real crazy and unpleasant things going on in our world at the moment, and yet people have the time and the negative energy to go after people for liking a different format of gameplay? That...is the thing that's really sad. Not TS3, not TS4, but that.

It genuinely doesn't matter which version of the Sims is the best. It matters much more that everyone gets treated with respect irrespective of their preferences.

I play Sims 4. I played Sims 2. I don't play Sims 3. That's me. But I have no problems with anyone whose position is different from that. I only have problems with the people who flame.
    Please don’t try and speak for others, forcing them (‘those people’) to contradict something they never even said or thought. Sims 4 definitely is a step back, compared to both Sims 2 and 3. Sims 2 and 3 I see as equal. One beats the other in some areas and vice versa. Sorry but this really is about Sims 4 for people, not about Sims 2 or 3.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited December 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Again, you’re trying to make Sims 4 a specific problem for Sims 3 fans. Is it? If that were the case, this Feedback section would be all about happy camping. First you start off by criticizing a tendency to generalize (“most people prefer...”), and then you continue by proving yourself king of generalizing. “People want reasons to attack Sims 4 because Sims 3 ended”, “TS4 has become the scapegoat for angry TS3 fans who feel betrayed by EA”, “overspilling against fans of TS4, who they feel are 'traitors' and are perpetuating a game franchise that isn't what they (the TS3 fans) would have preferred”, “attack random strangers because they like something you don’t”. “It makes much more sense to be proactive about petitioning EA about the issues“ is your ‘constructive’ conclusion. Sorry, but are you for real? What do you think people have been doing over the last three years? Exactly that. And not only people who favour Sims 3, also people who openly and repeatedly favour Sims 2 (Cinebar and Sk8rblaze come to mind, there are many more; you’re right, it doesn’t matter what version you prefer where Sims 4 is concerned).

“In fact, I'm not sure why the generalisation about any type of fans of any iteration is being brought into this thread because that's not what this thread was about”.

You’re kidding, right? Please tell me you’re kidding? Your entire post is exactly that. Generalizing a type of fan. The Sims 3 fan who doesn’t want to say goodbye to their game and therefore kills time by bashing Sims 4. Sorry but no, the issue that’s called Sims 4 is more complicated than that. I want to love Sims 4 but I’m bored and it’s not lack of open world and it’s not CASt that’s causing it, it’s because I’m bored. Please respect that without questioning my (and other’s) reasons and motives. Playing all indignant because you feel that’s being done to you. You’re the one doing it. Everyone here’s talking about the game. You are the one bringing players into the discussion.

I dunno, I mostly play my game (TS3) :D Although I'd prefer it if EA took a little more care next time they decide to create a game (TS5?) and research their demographic as well as not alienating those of us who play a certain way. You hit the nail on the head of why we are ticked off at being generalized and our complaints being dismissed.

You're absolutely right, @JoAnne65

1. It IS lack of open-world and sandbox playing that riles the galls of TS3 players
    2. Regression of a game that showed so much promise in the past and disregard of the fan-base who plays that way by EA (All but saying "Tough luck, this is the way we're marketing it...and if you don't like it and don't support TS4, we're not even going to consider creating TS5 (to correct our mistakes" Sorry if it wasn't intended to be such, but that's the way it came out.)
    3. The casual insult of bringing back CASt for Cats&Dogs; a slap in the face that says, "Oh, we can do it for this EP" but not for the base game.

Yeah...it's because we're bored that we want to find something to complain about. Thank you for the generalization. @Vraie.

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I'm a long time plays of Sims on a computer. Do I still have Sims 1? Yes, I can't play it because it was installed on another computer and I'm not even sure it would run on my current one. Would I play it today? Not sure. I would start it up to get the floor plans for several houses I used to play that I would love to rebuild in other versions. I will admit to currently playing Sims 2, 3 and 4 on my current computer.

Yes, I remember the problems we had/have with the previous versions. And yes, many of the arguments are the same ones we had back when each version launched (except for Sims 2 as there were so many new features introduced with each new EP). Pets, magic and vacations/holidays of some sort have been around since Sims 1. Even the original "Unleashed" from Sims 1 only featured cats and dogs (I think there were a few small pets but it's been years since I last played that version). And yes, there were "bugs" that needed fixing as each new EP came out.

If you'd like to see the early days of Sims 3, I suggest you go digging on the old Sims 3 forum or if I'm not mistaken go to the current Sims 3 section and go back to posts dated from the early release of the game. You'll see it wasn't all peaches and cream back then either, but things improved toward the end.

In regards to Sims 4, I think the base game was a disaster from the get go due to the so many "base interactions, life stages and objects" being left on the "cutting room floor" to use a phrase. Yes, we got many of them back, but the way the base game was switched at the last minute so's to speak from an online game to a standalone game was mismanaged at the top levels. To me, the base game sets the tone and scope of the new version and the base game of Sims 4 compared to the base games of the previous versions was rather boring. You should be able to play a "Vanilla" game, no EPs, SPs or GPs for hours in a sandbox world. I could hardly manage it for a couple of hours at a time. Has this changed? Yes as new interactions have been added due to addition of EPs, SPs and GPs.

I am glad that people express their opinions both positive and negative as long as they are treated with respect. We are all different and have different points of view. We have a common love of a game that we have played for many years in various forms. I agree with @To7m in that we express our opinions because we all share a common love of this game. We want to see it grow and change, but there are things we do want back from previous versions that carry over and tie the series together.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Vraie wrote: »
    aricarai wrote: »

I agree with a lot of what you said here, but I'm not sure a lot of people who like TS2 would agree that TS4 is a throwback or reboot to that game. And again, I've seen no attacks on fans of TS4 in this thread nor have I seen anyone bashing TS4 in this thread - simply saying what you're disappointed in or don't like isn't bashing, but it seems many take dislike or the wanting of improvements as hatred which it's not.

In that case we can agree to differ on that point, it's no big deal to me. I really meant with the households and loading screens and such like. It's just my personal observation and that's all. I'm a fan of TS2 myself, I played it from when it was first released and I still have it installed on my old PC. I prefer TS4 to TS3 because TS4, to me, more resembles TS2 in its overall gameplay. I don't need lots of TS2 fans to agree with me, though. If they don't, fair enough. I'm just stating my view.

Also, and this isn't directed at you specifically because what you said is innocuous, but I've noticed that phrases like 'lots of people' are being used too much as assumptive euphemisms for "I believe this so everyone else must agree". Saying "most people" or "a lot of people" or "everyone" when what you mean is "I think" is unhelpful. It's assuming the majority view rather than necessarily proving it. You might well be right, I've seen people express that they do and don't see links between TS2 and TS4. But "a lot of" is an assumption. It's an assumption designed to strongarm a person into believing that it's the majority and that that person's view is therefore wrong.

We have no proof that 'most people' prefer TS3 or 'most people' prefer TS4. And honestly, who even cares if we did? It's still fine for an individual to like a game without being made to feel bad about it by someone else. That goes for both TS3 and TS4. I feel like people often want reasons to attack TS4 because TS3 ended and TS4 didn't follow its legacy. The word that I think that best applies to that is scapegoat. TS4 has become the scapegoat for angry TS3 fans who feel betrayed by EA, and because the fans of TS3 can't do anything about TS4 through EA, it ends up overspilling against fans of TS4, who they feel are 'traitors' and are perpetuating a game franchise that isn't what they (the TS3 fans) would have preferred. That's how I see the whole thing, but it makes no sense that you attack random strangers because they like something you don't. If you really hate the way TS4 is structured, it makes MUCH more sense to be proactive about petitioning EA about the issues. That's all.

As for the bashing, I meant it in a general sense because the OP was feeling harassed. I don't think this thread was really passive aggressive for most of us, and even if it was meant that way, it doesn't mean that passive or actively aggressive responses have to derail it. I saw it as a genuine question, asking why people complained about TS4 rather than criticising people for doing it. It was more an interest subject - a debate in which both sides could express their personal reasons for that.

In my humble opinion, if you respect everyone else's opinions on things then you don't automatically read another person's opinion as passive aggressive, or assume it's a personal attack against you. You read it as an opinion and then you discuss it and explain calmly and rationally why you disagree with it. It is hard to tell the tone of someone's post in text form only. You can assume a lot of things that you want to see in another person's post because you feel strongly about an issue, but sometimes it only makes things worse to think that way.
    Again, you’re trying to make Sims 4 a specific problem for Sims 3 fans. Is it? If that were the case, this Feedback section would be all about happy camping. First you start off by criticizing a tendency to generalize (“most people prefer...”), and then you continue by proving yourself king of generalizing. “People want reasons to attack Sims 4 because Sims 3 ended”, “TS4 has become the scapegoat for angry TS3 fans who feel betrayed by EA”, “overspilling against fans of TS4, who they feel are 'traitors' and are perpetuating a game franchise that isn't what they (the TS3 fans) would have preferred”, “attack random strangers because they like something you don’t”. “It makes much more sense to be proactive about petitioning EA about the issues“ is your ‘constructive’ conclusion. Sorry, but are you for real? What do you think people have been doing over the last three years? Exactly that. And not only people who favour Sims 3, also people who openly and repeatedly favour Sims 2 (Cinebar and Sk8rblaze come to mind, there are many more; you’re right, it doesn’t matter what version you prefer where Sims 4 is concerned).

“In fact, I'm not sure why the generalisation about any type of fans of any iteration is being brought into this thread because that's not what this thread was about”.

You’re kidding, right? Please tell me you’re kidding? Your entire post is exactly that. Generalizing a type of fan. The Sims 3 fan who doesn’t want to say goodbye to their game and therefore kills time by bashing Sims 4. Sorry but no, the issue that’s called Sims 4 is more complicated than that. I want to love Sims 4 but I’m bored and it’s not lack of open world and it’s not CASt that’s causing it, it’s because I’m bored. Please respect that without questioning my (and other’s) reasons and motives. Playing all indignant because you feel that’s being done to you. You’re the one doing it. Everyone here’s talking about the game. You are the one bringing players into the discussion.

@JoAnne65 - you're getting quotes messed up. I'm the one that wrote what you italicized in response to what you'd addressed above.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited December 2017
    I just thought of one thing that Sims 3 is miles ahead on than Sims 4. The aspirations. In Sims 4, there's a series of stuff you go through, getting points for them, and then when you finally complete them, you get a trait. Problem is, it's very tempting to game the system; switch between several aspirations to complete more of them at a time (I do this).

In Sims 3, they're set up differently. Pretty much the same concept, but instead of being awarded points for milestones, you're awarded with a skill. Write x many books of a certain genre, all books of that genre will have a better chance to be a best seller. Read so many books, your writing will be much faster. Introduce yourself to x number of sims, get a boost to your initial friendships. Etc etc etc. And what's best about them is that you don't have to game the system -- it keeps track for you and you're awarded them when you've completed whatever task it is. That's aside from your lifetime dream, which your whims reflect quite clearly. Want to have many children as a lifetime dream? You are going to be on the hunt for marriage, then having children.

(installing Sims 3 now, and will not have the tons of custom patterns or store content in my game and I'll get back to you if it's as good as I remember)
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @aricarai Oh, my bad, then it makes sense. It seriously baffled me because it seemed so contradictory, sorry. Well, I agree with you there. Must admit it really ticks me off how a topic where everyone’s sharing opinions about a game suddenly turns into Sims 3 player bashing. “Well you are a Sims 3 fan so we hardly can take you seriously now can we? The Feedback section is your new hobby. The only problem Sims 4 has is that Sims 3 fans don’t get it.” Let’s stick to what we have to say about the games, not each other.

I dunno, I mostly play my game (TS3) :D Although I'd prefer it if EA took a little more care next time they decide to create a game (TS5?) and research their demographic as well as not alienating those of us who play a certain way. You hit the nail on the head of why we are ticked off at being generalized and our complaints being dismissed.

1. It IS lack of open-world and sandbox playing that riles the galls of TS3 players
    2. Regression of a game that showed so much promise in the past and disregard of the fan-base who plays that way by EA (All but saying "Tough luck, this is the way we're marketing it...and if you don't like it and don't support TS4, we're not even going to consider creating TS5 (to correct our mistakes" Sorry if it wasn't intended to be such, but that's the way it came out.)
    3. The casual insult of bringing back CASt for Cats&Dogs; a slap in the face that says, "Oh, we can do it for this EP" but not for the base game.

Yeah...it's because we're bored that we want to find something to complain about. Thank you for the generalization. @Vraie.
    As for 1, I really think I could live with that if it had been done better (not the sandbox aspect, that one defines the franchise, but open world). Larger neighborhoods, no loading screens within neighborhoods, ways to customize those neighborhoods, backdrops that made sense and weren’t so clearly backdrop, the ability to change backdrops (customize), active sims at the other side of a loading screen doing things (homework, building skills, eating, going to bed). I love open world, but if I had a Sims game with pros that beat Sims 3 I’d be more than happy to accept differences. As for CASt in Cats & Dogs, I consider that a token of appreciation from the creators that yes, CASt was an important and great tool. I’m more interested in designing interiors and clothes though than in colouring pets and the ability to write my name on a cat’s flank ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited December 2017

Even certain people that started out with Sims 4 don't like what Sims 4 has done. I moved from Sims 4 to Sims 3. What a big difference it makes. Even with the bugs in Sims 3 has. I had a lot of great experiences with the expansion packs. I am starting to doubt that some people have logic these days. We are hater if we have different opinion or different play style. But we are not haters but rather people that want to see better game-play and a lot of improvements on each and every generation of the franchise. I still remember the tweet haters are going to hate.(yes I am remembering a certain guru. There was a lot more to it. That really shows us that want things better we don't matter. If we hadn't complained we wouldn't have got a swimming pool patched in for free just like the toddlers. It makes me wonder if one day the base game will be smaller than Sims 2 base game on the next version of the Sims.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    I just thought of one thing that Sims 3 is miles ahead on than Sims 4. The aspirations. In Sims 4, there's a series of stuff you go through, getting points for them, and then when you finally complete them, you get a trait. Problem is, it's very tempting to game the system; switch between several aspirations to complete more of them at a time (I do this).

In Sims 3, they're set up differently. Pretty much the same concept, but instead of being awarded points for milestones, you're awarded with a skill. Write x many books of a certain genre, all books of that genre will have a better chance to be a best seller. Read so many books, your writing will be much faster. Introduce yourself to x number of sims, get a boost to your initial friendships. Etc etc etc. And what's best about them is that you don't have to game the system -- it keeps track for you and you're awarded them when you've completed whatever task it is. That's aside from your lifetime dream, which your whims reflect quite clearly. Want to have many children as a lifetime dream? You are going to be on the hunt for marriage, then having children.

(installing Sims 3 now, and will not have the tons of custom patterns or store content in my game and I'll get back to you if it's as good as I remember)

It's true. Grinding for aspiration points by swapping between aspirations in TS4 is insanely easy. It leads you to go in and go, "O.K., this is my main aspiration, but to get some easy points to buy this trait that fits my sim's character/would be strategically useful to me I can bounce over to these easy aspirations over here because I've got this, this, and this requirement insta-covered and that, that, and that, are easy to complete in less than a sim day." It's way too exploitable, especially after looking through all of the alternate aspirations in the menu and seeing the requirements for all of them. They were harder before the "Get to Work" patch, which nerfed the difficulty of both aspirations and career advancement...but to please the people who were saying, "This game's too hard. I just want to unlock everything on Normal lifespan before my sim hits the last few days of the Adult phase," we got super-easy, easily exploitable aspirations instead. (Yeah, years later I'm still annoyed about them nerfing the difficulty of aspirations and careers.)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited December 2017
    I think it is an insult to the Sims 2 comparing the Sims 4 anything near it. Sims 2 Life stories series yes because those games were also limited in scope with achievements as the focus and built for laptop computers. There are some similarities with the Sims 1 with the Sims 4 such as the prebuilt neighborhoods you can't edit and the baby objects. I think I did play a MySims game some years ago and Sims 4 is probably closer to a MySims sequel than any Sims sequel. So if I want to really compare the Sims 4 to any game, I think it stands a better chance being compared to the Sims side games.

Anyways my favorite Sims games stand in this order Sims 2, Sims Deluxe, Sims 3, Sims Castaway Stories, Sims 2 and 3 on DS, MySims, the Urbz, and then the Sims 4. Sims Deluxe was my first Sims game and first Maxis game was SimCity 2000, then SimTower. So yes I defy generalizations and yes I proved many lies false that many spread about both community members and Gurus alike. I think if anything Sims 4 has promoted hate within the Sims community teaching people that there are no consequences for actions. Sims 2 taught me that I could succeed even if I have a few fails along the way. That is what I dislike most about the Sims 4 is that is stuck in a Truman Show, Stepford Wives world that gives the illusion of positivity, but has a very negative undertone to it. I wish it could actually teach teenagers how to act and behave like responsible adults and learn how to teach them life lessons of how to treat people like human beings rather than teaching generalizations within the game. Just because someone says something is positive doesn't mean that I believe them. Each person has their own version of paradise and positivity I guess and in the end the Sims 4 is neither to me. How can something be positive anyways if there isn't some negative space to even it out? That is like the thing that goes on that every person gets an award for doing nothing. That isn't success to me or a positive thing. Working hard at something and seeing the positive results is.

I am happy about toddlers and pets. I finally have some problem solving and challenge to the Sims 4.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    jessiemessie101jessiemessie101 Posts: 7 New Member
    The base game of TS4 cost me hundreds and it was practically EMPTY with no features. I now have to PAY $40+ each for expansions such as wanting my sims to work (which should be in base game) and other things I would say are necessities. I won't pay for those, so I am staying with Sims 3.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Sucom wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone call anyone pathetic in this particular thread. Everyone posting in this thread have been sincere in their feelings about Sims 4. Not one single person in this particular thread has said, and I quote from your post, 'that we should be ashamed for liking it'. So your post is unwarranted at this time.
    No-one in this thread has stated they 'hate' Sims 4. I believe all have said how disappointed they are. Does being disappointed in something make a person a psychopath? Hardly....

In fact I haven't seen any unpleasant posts in this thread until yours. No matter how much you like or dislike the game, you really should allow other people to feel differently and to let them speak their minds. Many realise how much has been dropped from Sims 4 compared to previous versions of this game and should be allowed to state that they really want some of those things to return to a game they have always loved playing and a game they want to continue to love playing.

If I may, there has been ( and still is, to an extent ) an underlying tone on the forums that if you like the Sims4, your ... wrong. It is hard to put into words and it isn't a good feeling yo have. So I can fully understand that sense of "we should be ashamed for liking it". If you do like the Sims4, you do often feel alienated and/or isolated from this community. It is a sad state of affairs, you have to grow a thicker skin or just leave. So, even though it wasn't specifically pointed out in this particular thread ... it has in many others.

As to the second part ... about how no one in the thread stated they 'hate' sims4. I do find it ironic that it is the threads title. I mean ... it is the whole title of the thread. I find it funny. While the vast majority has said their disappointments, there was this on why it was hated.
    Reasons TS4 is hated:
    It’s a fashion simulator, barely offering anything new to the table for the actual LIVE mode gameplay: Based of MY observations, many decide to choose to play TS4, because over CAS, Aesthetic/Graphics, and… couldn’t recall the other reason. The Gameplay is shallow and don’t see it dominating in that area when comparing to TS1/TS2/TS3
    Limited Sandbox; Little Customization/Flexibility in options and tools: So much advertised on "you ruling", but the only 'you rule' aspect of the slogan comes to true is CAS and The Sims game is just basically back to square one. The Sims 4 ain't The Sims FOUR, with how many strip downs/omissions it receives from the through the whole series. As a TS2 player, I can’t say TS4 fails to bring the sufficient freedom what they would expect from a sequel, unlike TS2 (exception would be CAS). A clear and bright example would be apartments: you can build an whole apartments/penthouses/skyscrapers from scratch from the very ground to the sky (TS2: with the help of cheats), however in TS4 you can’t and stuck with premade apartments/penthouses in a premade world and uneditable apartments. TS2 has terrain tools… enough said. TS2, you have access to buy, place, move and remove down an elevator, in TS4 you can only dream about.
    Barely groundbreaking, but the game pays the price for many strip downs and omissions its direction took from the sims series: It has nothing and barely noticeable groundbreaking additions to the so-called "sequel". Emotions are nothing more than a borked feature and technically sims always had emotions. Ironically, some players made valid points how TS2/TS3 have real emotions than the mechanic that was marketed like "OMG, THIS IS THE BEST ABOUT that past games missed the park. GO BUY IT! for TS4. Multitasking? Lol, I can think of more ways of what benefitial multitasking can include than the stuff the game has now and most of times multitasking isn't actually a what its term suggests: If a sim is switching the task between A and B instead than simultaneously (for example, If a sim cooks, then stops just to chit chat, and then returns to continue on preparing the meal - let me tell you, that ain't multitasking. As for iconic omissions of the game, I don’t think I need remind people of what on they are because you can search them out by just looking through the forums of complaints.
    Some person reported that TS4 has one of the worst A.I’s in the Sims series history: Go read #DeservedCritism ‘s thread.
    Verdict (there are too many reasons to cover why the game is hated, but I’ll leave it for another rant): Cons outweigh the Pros: Little/No replayability (no long-lasting rewards for completing a certain task, thus lack of motivation/purpose to do anything), not that many challenges, a lot missed marks/opportunities for creating fleshed out features/mechanics/additions to make up for a loss/skipped feature, very buggy game...

There could be more, there might not be ... don't know. Don't really care. I just hate blanket, umbrella terms of all or nothing. Nothing is ever absolute.

I do think this is the wisest thing in this whole thread.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Live and let live is what I say.

Go play what you want to go play. Don't play what you don't want to go play. In the end, no one cares one way or the other.

• Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone call anyone pathetic in this particular thread. Everyone posting in this thread have been sincere in their feelings about Sims 4. Not one single person in this particular thread has said, and I quote from your post, 'that we should be ashamed for liking it'. So your post is unwarranted at this time.
    No-one in this thread has stated they 'hate' Sims 4. I believe all have said how disappointed they are. Does being disappointed in something make a person a psychopath? Hardly....

In fact I haven't seen any unpleasant posts in this thread until yours. No matter how much you like or dislike the game, you really should allow other people to feel differently and to let them speak their minds. Many realise how much has been dropped from Sims 4 compared to previous versions of this game and should be allowed to state that they really want some of those things to return to a game they have always loved playing and a game they want to continue to love playing.

If I may, there has been ( and still is, to an extent ) an underlying tone on the forums that if you like the Sims4, your ... wrong. It is hard to put into words and it isn't a good feeling yo have. So I can fully understand that sense of "we should be ashamed for liking it". If you do like the Sims4, you do often feel alienated and/or isolated from this community. It is a sad state of affairs, you have to grow a thicker skin or just leave. So, even though it wasn't specifically pointed out in this particular thread ... it has in many others.

As to the second part ... about how no one in the thread stated they 'hate' sims4. I do find it ironic that it is the threads title. I mean ... it is the whole title of the thread. I find it funny. While the vast majority has said their disappointments, there was this on why it was hated.
    Reasons TS4 is hated:
    It’s a fashion simulator, barely offering anything new to the table for the actual LIVE mode gameplay: Based of MY observations, many decide to choose to play TS4, because over CAS, Aesthetic/Graphics, and… couldn’t recall the other reason. The Gameplay is shallow and don’t see it dominating in that area when comparing to TS1/TS2/TS3
    Limited Sandbox; Little Customization/Flexibility in options and tools: So much advertised on "you ruling", but the only 'you rule' aspect of the slogan comes to true is CAS and The Sims game is just basically back to square one. The Sims 4 ain't The Sims FOUR, with how many strip downs/omissions it receives from the through the whole series. As a TS2 player, I can’t say TS4 fails to bring the sufficient freedom what they would expect from a sequel, unlike TS2 (exception would be CAS). A clear and bright example would be apartments: you can build an whole apartments/penthouses/skyscrapers from scratch from the very ground to the sky (TS2: with the help of cheats), however in TS4 you can’t and stuck with premade apartments/penthouses in a premade world and uneditable apartments. TS2 has terrain tools… enough said. TS2, you have access to buy, place, move and remove down an elevator, in TS4 you can only dream about.
    Barely groundbreaking, but the game pays the price for many strip downs and omissions its direction took from the sims series: It has nothing and barely noticeable groundbreaking additions to the so-called "sequel". Emotions are nothing more than a borked feature and technically sims always had emotions. Ironically, some players made valid points how TS2/TS3 have real emotions than the mechanic that was marketed like "OMG, THIS IS THE BEST ABOUT that past games missed the park. GO BUY IT! for TS4. Multitasking? Lol, I can think of more ways of what benefitial multitasking can include than the stuff the game has now and most of times multitasking isn't actually a what its term suggests: If a sim is switching the task between A and B instead than simultaneously (for example, If a sim cooks, then stops just to chit chat, and then returns to continue on preparing the meal - let me tell you, that ain't multitasking. As for iconic omissions of the game, I don’t think I need remind people of what on they are because you can search them out by just looking through the forums of complaints.
    Some person reported that TS4 has one of the worst A.I’s in the Sims series history: Go read #DeservedCritism ‘s thread.
    Verdict (there are too many reasons to cover why the game is hated, but I’ll leave it for another rant): Cons outweigh the Pros: Little/No replayability (no long-lasting rewards for completing a certain task, thus lack of motivation/purpose to do anything), not that many challenges, a lot missed marks/opportunities for creating fleshed out features/mechanics/additions to make up for a loss/skipped feature, very buggy game...

There could be more, there might not be ... don't know. Don't really care. I just hate blanket, umbrella terms of all or nothing. Nothing is ever absolute.

Go play what you want to go play. Don't play what you don't want to go play. In the end, no one cares one way or the other.

If you are referring as to the title, there are things I do hate about Sims 4, but I do not hate the game as a whole. The lack of certain things, shortcuts, and I will use the word excuses. I could make a list of things I hate about the Sims 4 that led me to be disappointed by the whole 4 series.

I have loved The Sims and all its sidekicks (Pet Story, CastAways, Sims Medieval, and etc) for a very long time. I have handed the Sims series money over and over for years. I can not hate the Sims 4 totally. Toddlers were great (until I did the parenthood pack). Pregnant women could wear anything. Any shoes for any clothes (even PJs). But in the end the game lacks so much that I can never play it more than 2 hours. The I hate this about Sims 4 list is long, but it is deeper than just hating the game as a whole. Disappointed that one of my favorite games is in this state is greater than the list of things I actually hate about Sims 4 (in pieces).
  • Options
    CringecrewCringecrew Posts: 150 Member
    Mendota wrote: »
    Cringecrew wrote: »
    alexandrea wrote: »
    Gheez. We really need privacy options for our profile. I'm tired of people going on my page and bringing up sentiments I had months ago. It's called time. It moves on unlike some of you who want to stay stuck in the past. Quit stalking me. I will not be responding to anymore of this nonsense.

@SimGuru_BGY_11 Please close this thread.

They're just telling the truth. Sims 4 will never be better than Sims 3 or Sims 2.

No they are saying what you want to hear. I have played every version of Sims. I have thousands of hours into all the games except Sims 3 which I hated. And Sims 4 is the best out of all of then for me and many others. Sims 4 fans stay away from this forum because we are sick and tired of the same sycopaths going on and on about how they hate Sims 4. How I wish that EA had not come up with the idea to combine all the forums.

I never said I hated The Sims 4. Just because IMO Sims 2 and Sims 3 is better than Sims 4 does not mean I don't have any love for it. The Sims 4 improved on a bunch of things and believe it or not, my favourite Sims expansions are from the Sims 4. But does that gonna make me love Sims 4 than Sims 3 or 2? No, Sims 4 feels so empty without the DLCs while Sims 2 and 3 feels very full without them. I remember when I was 5 and I didn't knew there were any DLCs from how full the sims 2 was.

I still play The Sims 4 but not as much as 3 or 2. Also, why are you not saying the same thing to the person who created this forum? She want people to say what she wants to hear too. That's why she's bad mouthing about Sims 3 or 2 and talking about how great sims 4 is to manipulate you into liking it.
    latest?cb=20060827184625

• Options
    aricarai wrote: »
    Mendota wrote: »
    Gheez. We really need privacy options for our profile. I'm tired of people going on my page and bringing up sentiments I had months ago. It's called time. It moves on unlike some of you who want to stay stuck in the past. Quit stalking me. I will not be responding to anymore of this nonsense.

They're just telling the truth. Sims 4 will never be better than Sims 3 or Sims 2.

No they are saying what you want to hear. I have played every version of Sims. I have thousands of hours into all the games except Sims 3 which I hated. And Sims 4 is the best out of all of then for me and many others. Sims 4 fans stay away from this forum because we are sick and tired of the same sycopaths going on and on about how they hate Sims 4. How I wish that EA had not come up with the idea to combine all the forums.

@Mendota - the majority of the people in this thread have stated over and over again how they DON'T hate Sims 4. They're disappointed in it - there's a HUGE difference! I wish people would stop seeing people that want improvement for the franchise as haters or complainers or "sycopaths" [sic].

This thread has been pretty calm and the only people that seem to be up in arms is the OP and others that are, for some reason, offended that there are other Simmers out there with a difference of opinion and that they dare to not LOVE The Sims 4 as it is. Despite what ya'll may think, in life, not everyone agrees with everyone ALL the time!

Exactly.
    latest?cb=20060827184625

• Options

Hardly.

I prefer Sims4 over Sims3 and Sims2, even with all of Sims4 faults.

Don't put everyone under that umbrella, it's not a one size fits all.

I apologise for making it look like that everyone agrees with me. I'll edit the comment and I'll apologise once again.
    latest?cb=20060827184625

• Options
    edited December 2017

Reasons TS4 is hated:

Not getting why someone likes a game isn’t the same thing as thinking people who do are wrong and should be ashamed. I’ll admit I indeed don’t understand what people like about this game (or the sims in it for that matter, to me they are irritating in both looks and behaviour). I know for a fact there are many people having that opinion about Sims 3 (from gameplay to the sims in it). I remember someone responding in the story topic of my Sims 3 game once, that she’d never managed to enjoy Sims 3 herself as a player, but did in a way through my eyes, following what I did with the game and shared. That is possible apparently.

As for the term hate, I’m having issues with that term in general. I strongly regret EA went into this direction with the franchise, but when I play Sims 4 I don’t feel hate. I even enjoy it to some extend. I love my two little toddlers and I feel some attachment to their parents. I like to enjoy some of the new things the game brought, I simply don’t feel hate, I really don’t. But then, after an hour or one, two, I’m done. I just feel like closing the game because..., I don’t even know. It feels like I constantly have to come up with things to do and those things are often a bit underwhelming to me. Where in Sims 3 I’m more like “I really should go to bed now, well, just this one more thing” and before I know it another hour has passed without me realizing. I fully appreciate it’s like that for others with Sims 4, I fully appreciate many feel the same boredom playing Sims 3, but it is the way it is and it doesn’t mean I’m criticizing players because their experiences are different from mine. And when you say this rather is a feeling than something that’s been actually said, I suspect that goes for most forum members.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think some of the trouble is that a lot of people like sims 4 the way it is less of a sandbox and more of a simulator
    and they don't want it to be like sims 3 I know I don't I like 4 much better
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited December 2017
    also when I think of a sandbox game I think of minecarft its a good game but I don't much care for it
    and I still like sims 3 I just like sims 4 more I feel like the sims are more alive in 4 then in 3 and out of all the sims I feel
    like the ones in 3 are the least alive I wouldn't want that to happen to 4 or 5 I want things that sims 3 had just not the sims
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I feel my creativity has been stifled and the game is heavily leaning towards "playing the devs way" with their boundaries and ideas.

Nail, meet hammer.

—T
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    I find it very strange to see how people continue argue between sims 3 and 4.

Sims 4 is kind of a reaction to sims 3:
    - open worlds cause lagging and bad routing so the game is lot based again (open neighbourhoods would have been nice, though)
    - the emotions make the moodlet system more complete, not just positive and negative
    - sims inside rabbitholes are boring so in Sims 4 we can follow them again at the restaurant, the spa,...
    Sims 4 is trying to get things right (emotions, club system, better building tools,...), it's just sad this comes at the cost of other things being left out. I didn't start playing sims 4 until I heard about the toddler patch. This was the one feature I couldn't play without.

I can enjoy both of them but they do feel like two completely different games to me.
    Sims 4 may be the successor of Sims 3 but it feels like an alternative game to me.

Of course this is just my opinion. The nice thing about this is the fact people can choose which sims game they prefer to play.
    For me:
    For world creation and the amount of content Sims 3 is the best,
    For create-a-sim and house building it's Sims 4.
    For gameplay I still enjoy Sims 2
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I find it very strange to see how people continue argue between sims 3 and 4.

Sims 4 is kind of a reaction to sims 3:
    - open worlds cause lagging and bad routing so the game is lot based again (open neighbourhoods would have been nice, though)
    - the emotions make the moodlet system more complete, not just positive and negative
    - sims inside rabbitholes are boring so in Sims 4 we can follow them again at the restaurant, the spa,...
    Sims 4 is trying to get things right (emotions, club system, better building tools,...), it's just sad this comes at the cost of other things being left out. I didn't start playing sims 4 until I heard about the toddler patch. This was the one feature I couldn't play without.

I can enjoy both of them but they do feel like two completely different games to me.
    Sims 4 may be the successor of Sims 3 but it feels like an alternative game to me.

Of course this is just my opinion. The nice thing about this is the fact people can choose which sims game they prefer to play.
    For me:
    For world creation and the amount of content Sims 3 is the best,
    For create-a-sim and house building it's Sims 4.
    For gameplay I still enjoy Sims 2

When the title of a thread is like this one, it's bound to happen. The overall consensus that I'm getting from this thread is that people are disappointed in The Sims 4 because it cut out so many features from previous iterations.

I'm not entirely sure that I agree with The Sims 4 being a reaction or the answer to The Sims 3 problems.

1. Open world was buggy and laggy for some (I've never had issues with it and I know there are others out there that haven't either), so instead of finding a way to fix it or optimise it better, they completely cut it out and close the neighborhoods.
    2. Don't emotions override traits in The Sims 4? I see a lot of people saying that all of their Sims are the same.
    3. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't The Sims 4 have rabbitholes too, i.e. schools? There are active careers in TS3 and you can have an open spa as well. I actually thought about this the other day - I don't mind having a mixture of rabbitholes and active careers because a) the option is there and b) ever tried following two different Sims to two different active careers at the same time? It's not the easiest thing to keep on top of.

I've said it once, I'll say it again, yes The Sims 4 has gotten some features right, for example, some of the building features (roofing, placing items off grid, ability to move whole houses and add foundation easily) but when you look at what was cut - sticking with the building example (CASt, CAW, terraintools, constrainfloorelevation cheats), the cons outweigh the pros. Building may be easier now (and this doesn't make it better, IMHO), but as a builder, I'd much rather have a challenge!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top