Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do we hate on TS4?

Comments

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @aricarai from what I have read, I think they just wanted a toggle, like an off switch. Honestly, in my opinion, if you don’t want vampires don’t buy vampires or don’t request no vampire interactions period because that defeats the purpose of the pack. I am pro toggling because each player plays differently. I know there are players who do play with supernaturals on one save but don’t on another so I think a switch would be nice to have.
    Thank goodness for MCCC because while I love vampires, my game was generating too much at one point

I'm all for toggles and options...I don't get why some see that as a bad thing.
  • CringecrewCringecrew Posts: 150 Member
    alexandrea wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    You asked.

I posted this a while ago between spoiler marks, I’ll post it again, to show why community lots in Sims 3 constantly trigger me and keep me challenged and interested. Here goes.

My sim arrives at the festival. Nobody there (in this case, quite often there are already sims present because they start going there as soon as I order my sim; when they are closer to the lot they’re there earlier).

Yeah, those empty lots trigger me. And that's what I hate about TS3... The sims hoard over to a lot once my sim shows up. That's unacceptable. TS3 is severely poorly coded. There's no reason why the game should lag so much when my pc is way above the requirements. Even the CC broke the game in TS3 a lot more often. With TS4 the cc barely breaks my game. I no longer get that dreaded "The Sims 3 has crashed" message while I'm looking at the screen like this :

giphy.gif

At least it's not like Sims 3 Wii. That was a nightmare.
    latest?cb=20060827184625

edited December 2017

Weakest iteration?

Ok since you asked:

Game has been stripped of the majority if not all the things that made it interesting. I,e no burglars, no interesting npcs like Mrs crumplebottom, the unsavoury charlatan, mr big, the diva, the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 match maker, the genie not to mention useful npcs like the social worker (an actual social worker!), the repo man, paper boy, girl, fire fighters, police officers, animal trainers, pest control and not forgetting for those that enjoy them things like witches, werewolves etc etc

It’s a game that lacks car pools, taxis and school buses. Bad events like fires are toned right down to the point where they are non existant, there’s no burglars and even puppies and dogs aren’t destructive. There is very few consequences for negative behaviour and cheating is a moodlet in game that is erased by walking into the next room and don’t expect your children to care about their parents playing away, they will not react. It’s like the sims 4is afraid to push boundaries and is afraid to even hit the T for teen rating.

Will we ever see the male or female dancer that would jump out the cake and dance? Will we see sims getting drunk and dancing in cages? Will we see sims dancing on tables? When will we see children reacting to their parents breaking up? When we will see sims reacting to deaths in the family? All missing and all been in the previous games. To me reactions and consequences are a basic feature of a sims game, of any game actually and the sims 4 isn’t great with either. I have to force my sims to react. @JoAnne65s post shows how the sims 3 has it better (as do the previous games) I’m terms of the sims reacting to their world around them. Sadly I have watched a sim in the sims 4 watch as her daughter caught fire and the only thing she did was carry on eating her bowl of cereal. It was a little creepy actually. When I play and I watch the family come home from work and walk by the urn of their dead parent without a care in the world that reminds me sharply it’s a game. I sadly can’t get lost in the sims 4. I play the sims 1,2,3 4 and the sims medieval. I have no issues with running any of them. Ironically the one with the most bugs is the sims 4. All the other games run brilliantly on the two gaming rigs we have.

It was Will Wright that recongnised players liked to explore failure states. I feel the sims 4 doesn’t recognise this and tries if anything to maintain a happy utopia world.
    Edit to add I love the sims ambitions, I love playing as a firefighter or a ghost hunter, I love the active careers like singer as there is no checklists.

The sims 2 dating is still better, it tells you what the other sims wants are but you don’t have to fulfill them. You can have a great date by doing positive interactions but not fulfilling the wishes. And the best part is at the end of the date the other sim will tell you if they liked it or not and you will get a consequence for a great or dream date and possibly a bag of flaming poo for a bad one. Reaction and consequence right there.

In TS3 my sims never got robbed. Maybe once in a blue moon. Mrs.Crumplebottom, the unsavoury charlatan, mr big, the diva, the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker, and the genie were not in TS3. I tihkn there's a social worker in TS4 but then again I wouldn't really know because I take care of my kids. The repoman is gone in TS4 but we lose power and access to water which is way more fun imo. The paper boy is unnecessary... It's 2017 we don't really read newspapers anymore. Firefighters... Maybe we will get them later but irdc. Police officers, again irdc plus we technically do have them. Animal trainers? Those weren't in TS3. Who needs them? We can train our own pets. Pest control? We have functional landlords in TS4 that will handle that if you live in an apartment.

Car pools, taxis, and school buses? Idc about those if they don't make the game immersive, and honestly they don't. Fires shouldn't be something to look forward to as fun. If we're sitting around looking for fires in TS3 to me that's just proof that the game isn't fun, and it isn't fun tbh. The dogs are destructive, you just have to give them the right traits. I don't know if you play C&D a lot but the pets will attack other sims and it's pretty funny. Cheating is watered down in TS3. They get a moodlet, slap a sim, cry, and move on. I can't lie TS4 is slightly toned down in some aspects but mods help it feel more mature and less E rated.

If you want your sims to get drunk and wild you can emulate that pretty easily in TS4. And my sims in TS4 are wayyyyy more emotional about deaths in their families. Even weeks after a family member's death, they will sometimes go to their urn and mourn them. It's so sweet and heart-warming. We do have actions and consequences in TS4 with chance cards that have been added. And I really find it hard to believe that TS4 doesn't run better than TS3 on your gaming rigs. Is this a joke? TS4 is a million times more smoother and less buggy.

Failure states? My sims parents raised her badly and she always gets the angry emotion around them, along with a moodlet saying she hates her family. TS4 is far from utopian.

And the dating in TS2 was good, no lie about that. But TS3 dating system was trash, a lot of players even said so. Now suddenly they want to act like it was good. Dating in TS3 was literally a heart icon above their heads instead of the regular group plumbob. You couldn't watch them go out to eat, couldn't watch them in a cinema, there was literally nothing to do besides star gazing, and going to a park if you wanted to actually see them on their date. Talk about boring. Idk... TS3 is watered down but we just have an open-world to compensate for the emptiness.

Cringecrew wrote: »

Weakest iteration?

Ok since you asked:

Game has been stripped of the majority if not all the things that made it interesting. I,e no burglars, no interesting npcs like Mrs crumplebottom, the unsavoury charlatan, mr big, the diva, the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 match maker, the genie not to mention useful npcs like the social worker (an actual social worker!), the repo man, paper boy, girl, fire fighters, police officers, animal trainers, pest control and not forgetting for those that enjoy them things like witches, werewolves etc etc

It’s a game that lacks car pools, taxis and school buses. Bad events like fires are toned right down to the point where they are non existant, there’s no burglars and even puppies and dogs aren’t destructive. There is very few consequences for negative behaviour and cheating is a moodlet in game that is erased by walking into the next room and don’t expect your children to care about their parents playing away, they will not react. It’s like the sims 4is afraid to push boundaries and is afraid to even hit the T for teen rating.

Will we ever see the male or female dancer that would jump out the cake and dance? Will we see sims getting drunk and dancing in cages? Will we see sims dancing on tables? When will we see children reacting to their parents breaking up? When we will see sims reacting to deaths in the family? All missing and all been in the previous games. To me reactions and consequences are a basic feature of a sims game, of any game actually and the sims 4 isn’t great with either. I have to force my sims to react. @JoAnne65s post shows how the sims 3 has it better (as do the previous games) I’m terms of the sims reacting to their world around them. Sadly I have watched a sim in the sims 4 watch as her daughter caught fire and the only thing she did was carry on eating her bowl of cereal. It was a little creepy actually. When I play and I watch the family come home from work and walk by the urn of their dead parent without a care in the world that reminds me sharply it’s a game. I sadly can’t get lost in the sims 4. I play the sims 1,2,3 4 and the sims medieval. I have no issues with running any of them. Ironically the one with the most bugs is the sims 4. All the other games run brilliantly on the two gaming rigs we have.

It was Will Wright that recongnised players liked to explore failure states. I feel the sims 4 doesn’t recognise this and tries if anything to maintain a happy utopia world.
    Edit to add I love the sims ambitions, I love playing as a firefighter or a ghost hunter, I love the active careers like singer as there is no checklists.

The sims 2 dating is still better, it tells you what the other sims wants are but you don’t have to fulfill them. You can have a great date by doing positive interactions but not fulfilling the wishes. And the best part is at the end of the date the other sim will tell you if they liked it or not and you will get a consequence for a great or dream date and possibly a bag of flaming poo for a bad one. Reaction and consequence right there.

In TS3 my sims never got robbed. Maybe once in a blue moon. Mrs.Crumplebottom, the unsavoury charlatan, mr big, the diva, the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker, and the genie were not in TS3. I tihkn there's a social worker in TS4 but then again I wouldn't really know because I take care of my kids. The repoman is gone in TS4 but we lose power and access to water which is way more fun imo. The paper boy is unnecessary... It's 2017 we don't really read newspapers anymore. Firefighters... Maybe we will get them later but irdc. Police officers, again irdc plus we technically do have them. Animal trainers? Those weren't in TS3. Who needs them? We can train our own pets. Pest control? We have functional landlords in TS4 that will handle that if you live in an apartment.

Car pools, taxis, and school buses? Idc about those if they don't make the game immersive, and honestly they don't. Fires shouldn't be something to look forward to as fun. If we're sitting around looking for fires in TS3 to me that's just proof that the game isn't fun, and it isn't fun tbh. The dogs are destructive, you just have to give them the right traits. I don't know if you play C&D a lot but the pets will attack other sims and it's pretty funny. Cheating is watered down in TS3. They get a moodlet, slap a sim, cry, and move on. I can't lie TS4 is slightly toned down in some aspects but mods help it feel more mature and less E rated.

If you want your sims to get drunk and wild you can emulate that pretty easily in TS4. And my sims in TS4 are wayyyyy more emotional about deaths in their families. Even weeks after a family member's death, they will sometimes go to their urn and mourn them. It's so sweet and heart-warming. We do have actions and consequences in TS4 with chance cards that have been added. And I really find it hard to believe that TS4 doesn't run better than TS3 on your gaming rigs. Is this a joke? TS4 is a million times more smoother and less buggy.

Failure states? My sims parents raised her badly and she always gets the angry emotion around them, along with a moodlet saying she hates her family. TS4 is far from utopian.

And the dating in TS2 was good, no lie about that. But TS3 dating system was trash, a lot of players even said so. Now suddenly they want to act like it was good. Dating in TS3 was literally a heart icon above their heads instead of the regular group plumbob. You couldn't watch them go out to eat, couldn't watch them in a cinema, there was literally nothing to do besides star gazing, and going to a park if you wanted to actually see them on their date. Talk about boring. Idk... TS3 is watered down but we just have an open-world to compensate for the emptiness.

Well at least there was a cinema already in The Sims 3. Even though it was just a rabbit hole it stills give me a realistic vibe wondering what's going on inside. There still many places in Sims 3 without rabbit holes like the beach, gym, clubs and bowling alleys. Every Sims game has a good side and bad side of it and honestly Sims 4 is number one for it right now.

Well at least there was cinemas already in The Sims 3. Even though it was just a rabbit hole it stills give me a realistic vibe wondering what's going on inside. There still many places in Sims 3 without rabbit holes like the beach, gym, clubs and bowling alleys. Every Sims game has a good side and bad side of it and honestly Sims 4 is number one for it right now.
    latest?cb=20060827184625

edited December 2017

Weakest iteration?

Ok since you asked:

Weakest iteration?

Ok since you asked:

Well at least there was a cinema already in The Sims 3. Even though it was just a rabbit hole it stills give me a realistic vibe wondering what's going on inside. There still many places in Sims 3 without rabbit holes like the beach, gym, clubs and bowling alleys. Every Sims game has a good side and bad side of it and honestly Sims 4 is number one for it right now.

Well at least there was cinemas already in The Sims 3. Even though it was just a rabbit hole it stills give me a realistic vibe wondering what's going on inside. There still many places in Sims 3 without rabbit holes like the beach, gym, clubs and bowling alleys. Every Sims game has a good side and bad side of it and honestly Sims 4 is number one for it right now.

Please ignore this, my phone is going all buggy
    latest?cb=20060827184625

• alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited December 2017
    Gheez. We really need privacy options for our profile. I'm tired of people going on my page and bringing up sentiments I had months ago. It's called time. It moves on unlike some of you who want to stay stuck in the past. Quit stalking me. I will not be responding to anymore of this nonsense.

@SimGuru_BGY_11 Please close this thread.
    p6tqefj
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited December 2017
    I mostly agree with what people are saying. The sims 4 is good, but could be better. The bugs are what definitely make me frustrated and stop playing. However, I do not like the comment saying people who love the sims 4 didn’t love or truly play the series like YOU did. I’ve been playing since day one and have spent many hours playing each iteration. I prefer to play 4 for many reasons. It doesn’t mean I didn’t fully get into the games. I enjoy playing legacies and maxing careers out for each generation BUT I’m not blind to the problems it has. We all have different ways of playing so donut come for me.

Also just throwing this out there. I deliver newspapers for a living. 8000 a week to be exact. It’s not as popular as it was in the past, but it’s still very much alive.

good to know that news papers are still hanging on I think a lot of people read them online now
    sometimes my family gets news papers but its for the coupons
    my aunt use to be a reporter for one of are small town news papers
    I'm not saying I dislike news papers or even land line phones but I can see way there not in the game anymore
    @boykinater18
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • cosmiccccosmiccc Posts: 32 Member
    > @alexandrea said:
    > Gheez. We really need privacy options for our profile. I'm tired of people going on my page and bringing up sentiments I had months ago. It's called time. It moves on unlike some of you who want to stay stuck in the past. Quit stalking me. I will not be responding to anymore of this nonsense.
    >
    > @SimGuru_BGY_11 Please close this thread.

its been 3 days...
  • EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    cosmiccc wrote: »
    > @alexandrea said:
    > Gheez. We really need privacy options for our profile. I'm tired of people going on my page and bringing up sentiments I had months ago. It's called time. It moves on unlike some of you who want to stay stuck in the past. Quit stalking me. I will not be responding to anymore of this nonsense.
    >
    > @SimGuru_BGY_11 Please close this thread.

its been 3 days...

yeah its only been 3 days...

edited December 2017
    Gheez. We really need privacy options for our profile. I'm tired of people going on my page and bringing up sentiments I had months ago. It's called time. It moves on unlike some of you who want to stay stuck in the past. Quit stalking me. I will not be responding to anymore of this nonsense.

They're just telling the truth. Sims 4 will never be better than Sims 3 or Sims 2. Well in my opinion it's the truth.
    Post edited by Cringecrew on
    latest?cb=20060827184625

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @Vraie The point isn’t people don’t recognize nowadays people are constantly on their mobile, the point is that it implicates all you can do in Sims 4 (and 3 to some extend) is play contemporary.
    And as for the comparing versions stuff, that was caused by the OP. She’s inviting us to compare, pointing out certain flaws in the predecessor to lift the new version. It’s only logical people respond to that. “You asked” I said in my first response here, cause she did.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I don't hate this game. I hate most of the choices that were made leading to some of the things we got or didn't get in this game which makes me dislike and more so lately feel indifferent to this game, but I don’t hate it.

For me, the main thing I take issue with is that all my sims act alike. No matter their traits they are all the same sim in a different shell. And it plum when these are my go to sims that I recreated to play this iteration and they aren't as great as they were in TS3 or TS2. Most recently I've played these sims in TS3. I love how the game seems to pick up on how I play them and when I'm not playing a certain sim it has that sims acting as I would when I was playing them. One of my sims is a big family man and a romantic. The way I play him he calls his brother every day to chat or go hang out, he loves spending time with his wife and often talks to her or is loving on her, he loves playing with his kids and helping them with homework. He likes spending time with his nieces and nephews. So when I'm not playing him for a bit and I come back around to him he's on the phone with his brother or thinking about his wife who’s at work, he wants to play with his son, or talk with his daughter, he wants to snuggle with his newborn niece. He will actively seek them out on his own if I'm not playing him. I was playing his wife and suddenly an interaction with him popped up in her queue while she was practicing piano and I had her stop just to see what he wanted. He just wanted to hug and kiss her and when I clicked on him he had a wish to spend time with her and I thought that was the sweetest thing. I didn't get that from his TS4 self. He's more interested in watching tv. All of my sims seem more interested in watching tv or whatever usual thing they happen to be doing when something unusual or significant that would usually draw their attention in the previous games happens.

Another thing I have an issue with is that I don't have as much creative control or control in general in TS4 as I do in the previous games. To be fair, it's also a bit of an issue going back to TS2 from TS3 as well, but that's to be expected considering the order they came in. See in TS3 I don't have a boatload of CC. I have maybe a couple of natural hairstyles and that was at the end of the TS3 when I was sure there'd be no more content. I also never used mods until then and the only reason I do now is for poses or to accommodate having just a couple more sims per household because I hate the limitation of 10. But in TS3 I can recolor and even retexture things myself. And not just their clothes but their floors, their walls, their furniture, their steps, their neighbors house, the community lot their on, etc. I can even use a color wheel to get the exact eye color I have had in mind and the exact hair color I have in mind for them. So when I see the inside of my sim's home I see their personality and their style written all over it. I can tell my sims apart from any other sim in town walking down the street because of how they dress. And the fact that they actual act in accordance to the personality I gave them makes that all the more better.

Open world also wasn’t immersion breaking for me. It was more natural than loading screens. I never had a major problem. Now I don’t mind a loading screen to travel to another neighborhood, but next door or across the street is frustrating. My only wish involving worlds in TS3 was that we could travel between every world and maintain relationships, or live in Bridgeport and own land in Riverview, and fix terrain so I wouldn't get the dreaded unroutable terrain popup when trying to place a lot. But I'd take that system any day over loading screens every few seconds. At least I could ride a horse, drive cars, and go to whatever sim in my household I wanted to without delay. That's what I personally prefer. I can build whatever community lot I want and even specify what type of community lot it is without having to abide by certain qualifications that shouldn't even matter to call it that.

See a lot of what you’re describing as what makes TS4 better than TS3 for you isn’t the same for me or for many other people. I actually don't mind rabbitholes, especially when it comes to my sims jobs, because at least I have a location for them. They aren’t just disappearing off the face of the earth. Have I thought about seeing inside dome rabbitholes? Yes. But even when I thought about seeing inside some rabbit holes my ideas for them still required some portions to be a rabbit hole because while I would love to see my sim(s) in TS3 sitting in the stands at the stadium on a date I thought it’d be too much and kind of boring to watch my professional sport playing sim play.

My sims have gone on plenty of dates in TS3. They were very immersive, and I didn't need a checklist and a time table to tell me if I was doing it right. I know what my sim and in some cases their dates like. The game doesn't have to dictate that to me. Suggestions are fine, but not telling me I must do something. If I want my sims to be the oddballs I created them to be and want to have a date with a picnic in the cemetery where they do a little ice skating, go see a movie, then head to the park to woohoo in a treehouse at 12am where one gets a splinter then that's what's going to happen. They had a great date and she was actually called the very next day to go on another date. From my experience if you know your sim(s), you try, and nothing comes up like work then it usually works out. That's just me though.

My sims in TS3 were very invested in their children and their children equally as invested in them. My pets in TS3 greeted my sims when they came home from school or work, they suckered my sims out of treats, they ruined furniture and the yard, and acted like real pets but with the added bonus of me being able to control them and play as them. My sims socialized and danced at the club. But those are all my experiences. If what you listed was your experience then I can't take that away from you and I won't call it wrong or anything, but for some of us here that wasn't ours. That doesn’t make us wrong either.

What makes this series so great is that it's usually up to the players to mold this game how they want. There was no wrong way to play, but this go round it seems like that was forgotten and we're being told how to play. It's like I was taken out of a huge sandbox and placed in one even tinier than the one I had before in TS2 and not just that, but now they're telling me things to justify why they had to give me this tiny sandbox, like how they had to take away my control to give me something great while still going around and bragging about how I control and rule. When I start to do thing B. suddenly I'm on a clock and have a list to check off or else I didn't play a game I supposedly rule and control right. I'm told when I wonder why my dog can't have a dog house that it's not the 1950's and it's cruel even though I have no cruel intentions so the option isn't even granted. I'm told that I was lied to before and that my sims didn't have emotions in the past but they do now in this game when my sims acted with more emotion in the previous games where supposedly they have no true emotions. Every time I think I'm going to get into this game and think, 'Okay, this has to be in it, because It's be crazy not to include it! I can't wait to see this!' They prove me wrong and do things like not making it possible to build our own apartments or excluding toddlers from the base game.

What made me hesitate in jumping on the bandwagon was that we were entrusting and putting faith in the same team that never fixed their last game for The Sims 3 "haters" (because I guess that's what we call people who have valid issues with games now) to make us a brand new game with minimal problems. Because even though I had few problems that didn't mean that would be the case this time. I sat back and I watched and listened. Now as time goes on and spec requirements increase low and behold we're seeing issues that still haven't been fixed and it's been how long depending on the bug? For my biggest problem it’s been since the release of the base game. But now that's not the only thing keeping me from buying, but the development choices made are contributing to my stance on not buying this game.

I know I'll never love this game. It will always feel off to me. It's not even about change. Truthfully, I don't mind that the series reboots every several years or so. Never have. I don't even mind rebuying the same expansions packs, even though progress and moving on with the times to me would be putting pets and seasons in the base game and taking advantage of tech today. But even if they don't and there's a Sims 5 yes, if they've learned from most of their past mistakes and it turns out well to me, I'll buy it and Seasons, and Pets, and Uni because I don't think they've exhausted everything they can do with or related to these packs. And I'll buy the new idea packs too depending on what they bring to the table. If the base game is great, I generally have no problem buying anything else that follows if it provides some decent content. And I'll be just as hesitant to buy should there be a Sims 5, and I'll try it before making a purchase. But even saying all that, I don't hate this game.

For me it comes down to options. We need more options and more things optional. I've thought that with every Sims game, even The Sims 3. We players should decide if our Sim has a cellphone. We players should decide if our sims has a car or takes taxis. We should decide if our sims take their promotions. We should be able to mold our sims exactly how we want down to the eye color. We should be able to decide what season we start off a world in. We should be able to create worlds, and lots without having to meet defined standards in order to call that lot what we want it to be. We should have great sims and a great world, we shouldn't have to choose. We should have more creative freedom. We should be able to create, control, and rule as much as possible in a game that is supposed to be a sandbox. But then again The Sims 4 is the only game in the main franchise that isn't aiming to improve the sandbox experience it seems.

Having this urge to print these whole comment down of yours and hang it on my bedroom wall.

Lol, thanks! I just don't get how people who simply want options are adverse to change nor how The Sims 3 aimed too high for that matter.

Of course people are going to want those same old packs from the past like Seasons and Pets. Everyone experiences different seasons and many people have pets. These are two constants in most people's lives. The reasons some of the packs repeat is because they're staples in a lot of people's lives. That doesn't mean we hate change or are stuck in the past. That doesn't mean we don't want new or that because these packs repeat we can't have anything new added to them to revitalize them. It doesn't have to be either/or all the time.

And if we want to talk about moving on with the times well then that's even more reason why some of us "hate" The Sims 4 because The Sims 4 didn't do it. It regressed far more than it progressed. If The Sims 4 had moved on and up from TS2 and TS3 then we'd have better sims in a better open world and more options to cater to the different playstyles. My sims aren't better beyond being more moldable to me, which means nothing to me beyond playing in CAS because they all have one personality and don't seem to care about anything they should. The world definitely isn't better to me. We're back to loading screens when we'd finally advanced to an open world where we could visit or follow any sim, no loading screen required. My creativity and my control have been limited when before it was expanded upon and so I can't view this game overall as progress. A lot of us can't.

Maybe it's not that we don't like change but that we have an aversion to regression.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    @Vraie - there were people that wanted the Vampire pack without vampires? That seems a bit odd. I've heard of people buying packs for certain items but knowing that it would come with the main features was something they accepted.

I'm more of a builder than a player, so for example, I wasn't that fussed on Into the Future (or Supernatural for that matter), I just wanted the build/buy items that came with them. When I first got the packs, I checked out the Future world (and supernatural life states) a little bit, but I don't regret my purchases even though I don't use the gameplay features. I wouldn't expect those packs to come without the main features of them simply because I only wanted the items that came with them. That seems really selfish.
    True, but the initial spawning of supernaturals all over your world, turning family members into fairies and vampires, nobody asked for or saw coming. Glad they added that toggle (then did it again with mermaids but fortunately there’s NRaas MC).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member

What is was even the point of this thread if you are too stubborn to hearing other people's comments and opinions. Plenty of people answered the question: 'Why do we hate on TS4?' Well, you got your answers. Close this thread if you want, because this isn't going anywhere.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png

if people are bothering you on your profile you should flag them and let the mods take care of it
    things I would like to see change are
    a fear emotion out of all the sims games this one needs it most
    because its based on emotion
    and there are a few odd things like no reaction to someone being abducted and no reacting to someone passing out
    no reaction to death unless they see it
    and no whim to adopt children even when there family oriented
    the sims 4 is my favorite game but any game can always be better
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member

They're just telling the truth. Sims 4 will never be better than Sims 3 or Sims 2.

No they are saying what you want to hear. I have played every version of Sims. I have thousands of hours into all the games except Sims 3 which I hated. And Sims 4 is the best out of all of then for me and many others. Sims 4 fans stay away from this forum because we are sick and tired of the same sycopaths going on and on about how they hate Sims 4. How I wish that EA had not come up with the idea to combine all the forums.
    edited December 2017
    Sucom wrote: »
    I'm not sure why Alexandrea wants to close this thread. Why do you ask for it to be closed? Other members here are offering their sincere thoughts about Sims 4 - nothing appears wrong with any of the responses I've seen.

For me, I don't hate Sims 4 but I AM very disappointed with it. So many limitations from many perspectives across the whole game! In my view, Sims 4 should have had similar creative and gameplay opportunities for the player found in previous games and then upgraded that to MORE, not LESS. Every single thing in Sims 4 shouts out reduced gameplay options and reduced creative opportunities. I would list them, yet again, but to be honest there are so many things to list, I wouldn't know where to start.

I could see why she would want it closed if people are bothering her on her profile about it I don't think we need
    people who act that way on here thats not right
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited December 2017

They're just telling the truth. Sims 4 will never be better than Sims 3 or Sims 2.

Hardly.

I prefer Sims4 over Sims3 and Sims2, even with all of Sims4 faults.

Don't put everyone under that umbrella, it's not a one size fits all.

• VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    @aricarai from what I have read, I think they just wanted a toggle, like an off switch. Honestly, in my opinion, if you don’t want vampires don’t buy vampires or don’t request no vampire interactions period because that defeats the purpose of the pack. I am pro toggling because each player plays differently. I know there are players who do play with supernaturals on one save but don’t on another so I think a switch would be nice to have.
    Thank goodness for MCCC because while I love vampires, my game was generating too much at one point

Yeah, I think this is pretty much the case. The problem is that, as seen with aliens, and recently with patching, too much unnecessary code dabbling can potentially damage the whole gameplay for the people who really are invested in the theme after which the pack is named. If the toggle could exist without damaging any of those structures, I don't have any issues with it. I have issues with people complaining about the vampires and insisting EA must do something to stop them at any cost, completely forgetting that the pack is called Vampires and is designed for people who want Vampires, not for people who don't. I don't buy C&D because I hate Sim pets. It's the same thing to me. But that's sort of off topic.

I think it's really sad that there are people here whose entire purpose to be here is to try and make other people unhappy. Everyone has the right to their opinions. Everyone has the right to disagree with other people but the point is, they have to do it respectfully. If you harass or annoy someone by making unkind comments or flaming them, it doesn't make the person you're attacking any weaker, nor does it make your cause any stronger.

I don't have a problem with TS3 fans and I respect their love for that game. I am also unashamed that I love TS4. It's not my problem if other people don't like that I like it, it's theirs. I don't sit at home fuming that someone out there that I have never met prefers to still play TS3 because they like the open world system. It's their business, not mine.

I feel that a lot of the TS3 resentment is because TS4 is more of a throwback to TS2 style of gameplay, and those people are therefore frustrated that in their view it's taken a step back. Attacking TS4 isn't going to improve or change that in any way, though. Nor is attacking the fans of TS4. TS4 is what it is. I don't understand why people don't just let those who like it play it and get on with their own preferred gameplay.

On the flipside, just because TS4 didn't go down the openworld path, it doesn't mean that TS3 is a useless game or that its ideas weren't good. They're just very different takes on the same franchise, and who knows what will happen in the future if there ever is a TS5?

Right now, though, all that this kind of thread is telling EA is that the people who play their games have serious problems in respecting each other. It's not telling the devs anything useful. More likely, the devs probably don't want to go near those kinds of discussions, because if you were a developer, would you rather know the strengths and weaknesses in constructive terms or would you rather read a bunch of people yelling at each other because they absolutely must have THEIR opinion heard over everyone else, irrespective of who they upset in the process?

Final point...sims are digital coding. They're not real. They don't care if you like or hate their worlds. But people on here? They're real. They're not digital coding, nor text on a screen. Saying hurtful things to people you will never meet is not cool. It might be easier to attack strangers over the internet under an anonymous screen name, but it's really not cool. And it makes me sad that there are people who think it's okay to upset other people over a game. There are real crazy and unpleasant things going on in our world at the moment, and yet people have the time and the negative energy to go after people for liking a different format of gameplay? That...is the thing that's really sad. Not TS3, not TS4, but that.

It genuinely doesn't matter which version of the Sims is the best. It matters much more that everyone gets treated with respect irrespective of their preferences.

I play Sims 4. I played Sims 2. I don't play Sims 3. That's me. But I have no problems with anyone whose position is different from that. I only have problems with the people who flame.

• coffeeshoppecoffeeshoppe Posts: 22 Member
    I definitely think calling those of us who like sims 4 "pathetic" as was done in another thread here and suggesting that we should be ashamed for liking it , falls under the definition of bashing.

Its also very obvious that certain behavior is okay for some and not for others. Like saying disrespectful things is fine, as long as you're saying them about a sims 4 players.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top