Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do we hate on TS4?

Comments

• DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited December 2017
    alexandrea wrote: »

I'm sorry but no one reads the paper where I live... Besides older people. I haven't even seen a delivery person in years... I'm just being honest. Why are people so resistant to change? Technology is here to help us, and make our lives more efficient. Having a resistance towards technology is just foolish imo. In this instance technology saves you money... You don't have to pay for a silly newspaper and sift through pages to get to what article you want to read *shrug*. Maybe I'm too young to understand the appeal of newspapers but I'll tell you one thing... In TS2 the paper boy/girl would stop delivering because I would let them pile up. In TS3 I don't even notice the paper boy/girl... It's just useless code. I'm glad they didn't invest time in that. Even with the bills... You can pay them on the phone or computer... That's just the way the world has shifted now. I put my bills on auto-pay and if not I just hop online and pay it via a computer or phone. It's so convenient and I love when I see my sims do these things. Idk maybe it's because I'm 19 *shrug*.

I wouldn't say they necessary resistant to changes (If we're talking about why simmers like to recreate the experience of 'ye olde' roleplay). The Sims is known to be a storyline game that players can create however the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 they want. Like writing a novel, as a creative medium, some endorse into playing creating a medieval timeline because they simply enjoy. You'd be surprised by how many players choose to base their hood and stories onto that timeline in TS2 community. Newspaper feels like one of the essentials that had a great immersion into the storyline and gameplay. Having a computer in the living during the mid-1800 year with appropriate decade dress sim searching for a job just seems out of place, odd and immersion breaking. Now yourself place yourself in their own shoes, would you like If a teenage sim girl is taking a selfie behind her mother that does a wonder-woman spin, haircut changes into a bonnet, pulls out a butter churn and starts using it? Same plum happing here, I don't like sims having their face glued in front of a small portable screen because I got enough of that IRL. Just because the game is developed in 21 century, doesn't mean in that virtual world we should be stuck and have every player adapted to that timeline as well.
    Post edited by DragonCat159 on
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited December 2017
    I do not hate TS4 it just has nothing to offer but shortcuts. The emotions being new? Not really. I will compare, because you know technology. Sims 2, well you did not need a moodlet to tell you how your Sim was feeling, facial expression and body language did that and boy it was it funny to see a sim mad or just so blue they went bonkers and needed an NPC to boost them. Sims 3 had moodlets but still kept their expressions and body language the moodlet was not really necessary. Sims 4 the happy emotion over rides every other motion, and plum over exaggerating as the body language, and it is not even funny. And boy how the gabbing and computer in Sims 4 overrides everything else literally.

Multitasking..really is not multitasking in Sims 4. It is an illusion/trick/slight of hand.

With today's tech the Sims 4 could of been mind blowing..just sit and think about it. Not some cheap looking port from a mobile app. I mean they have clay hair, to me their pets are cute, but in no way cuter than the 2 or 3. The animations are way too little for this day and age. There is more animation in the older series (even wow for fuddy sake). The quests to do at every angle of the game. Every Sim is basically the same no matter the traits or aspirations, and the list could go on. It is not just about left out newspapers, firemen, police, and etc.. It is about older games with less technology and but still like have the better game than TS4.

I still play TS2, TS3, and even Castaways..Because I rather have a game full of choices, where I actually rule, with great sp and eps than TS4. The Sims 4 has not stepped into today's technology in the least. I rather play outdated graphics (I still play WoW) and a buggy game of the past when it gives me game styles, choice, and I actually rule my Sims world, not the game ruling me.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2017
    aricarai wrote: »

You are totally missing my points. Let me break it down further for you.

1. I never said WE should all read newspapers. I haven't made any blanket statements about WE. The point is about having the options. As was just said, options should be there not taken away. It's not about technology advancing in game. The Sims is meant to be a sandbox game where the player plays as they wish. If I want to make a world set in the 1950s without cell phones and with newspapers, I should be able to.

2. On the point of specs, one of the selling points before release is that TS4 would run on lower end machines. I think that's wrong and probably why the engine can't handle a lot of things. I've seen gurus state that they couldn't add certain features because the engine couldn't support the technology to do it. So I think you're talking about a different technology than I am.

3. You missed out an important part of what I said when you bolded part of my sentence. I said it was about the world TOO. I never said it focused on one thing over another. And again, it's not a complaint, it's feedback about open world. In hopes that it will make a reappearance. No one is getting up in arms.

4. CAW, CASt, Open World all may have been buggy (I'm not saying that they were) as heck. So you're saying it's ok not to try again to make it better than before? Why not try to optimise it better?

5. I'm not opposed to mods at all, but why is that or should it be the answer for everything that doesn't work or isn't right?

6. I'm pretty sure it's possible to get furniture in any color under the sun in real life, so I am not sure what your point is there.

7. Don't emotions override traits a lot of the times? Isn't multitasking a series of actions that are done one after the other?

8. Contrary to what you believe, I'm not complaining. I'm providing feedback and there is a difference. I don't hate the game, I want it to be better. I also want a strong base game from the beginning. I do appreciate what EA have done, I just think they can do better and I see nothing wrong with holding them to a high standard because I believe what this franchise deserves. I'm not sure what's wrong with that?

We really don't need options when it comes to newspapers. This game isn't about reading a newspaper. I don't want Ea wasting their resources on newspapers, and I'm sure plenty of other simmers agree with that. You can still make a 1950's world, just don't use the cellphones. You can download cc newspapers... Problem solved.

When did they ever try to boast about how TS4 could run on lower end machines? If anything they were placating players with low end machines, assuring them they could somewhat play it. That was never a main selling point though. And no, we're talking about the same technology... The same technology that allows our sims to socialize like real people in everyday life situations. The same technology that allows our sims to stop waving their hands in the air because an object in their way. The same technology that allows our sims to take their pets to the vet when their sick.

They should've optimized CAW and CAST and Open World, but they chose to invest time in things that really mattered.

Why should mods be the answer for everything that doesn't work right? Because they were the answer with TS3 Late Night and all of those taxis that kept spawning, and the spontaneous inventory hoarding issues. Twallan saved TS3 so much now where is he? The poor guy needed a break after picking up the slack for Ea so long. That's why mods are the answer. Everyone says TS3 wasn't buggy but most of them have Twallan's mods just to make the game playable after several generations.

If you walk into an Ikea and they have an arm chair in only two colors you're out of luck. You can't say "no I want my arm chair to be green, do it now." O.o

What can they do better? The game is playable, immersive, and entertaining.

Than what the game is all about? Where does it say/advertise/market it's about anything. Future advancements? Why do books still exist without newspaper? "You can still make a 1950's world, just don't use the cellphones" - You forgot to send the person good luck because AFAIK it's impossible to disable these handheld machines and the obsession that sims have over them.

And what are these "things" that really mattered? (By any change these things you refer that are upon your wishlist?). Tbh, CAW and CAST and Open World were and are the desirable suggestions by the fans.

You really have realized not everyone enjoy and doesn't give plum the same things you do/don't. Once you do, the answer is pretty obvious and answered to your question that is in the title of this thread.
    Concerning the comment you're quoting: I'm under the impression Sims 4 needs mods (MC Command Center anyone?) just as badly, so what's the difference there.
    (kudos for your series of comments here btw)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Not loving a game and hating it are two different things in my book. As far as I’m concerned, this game isn’t worth my hatred. Its just not notable enough for me to care that much about it one way or the other.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    I'm sorry you have those issues with the sims 3. I used to get those on a pc I had years ago. I can say hand on heart I've never had my sims 3 game crash on this pc which is new or my husbands, game play is smooth and enjoyable. It hasn't always been that experience as I said with my previous game it was a headache and I went back to the sims 2. I would love to know how your sims don't get annoyed on dates. Mines do by random strangers no less, once even a child at the karaoke bar in San Myshuno lol and then they get awkward and embarrasses them.

I don't read newspapers but some of my family do and as I said I see my local paper girl every morning with a huge bag so some people clearly do. And while you may not care about that feature it's nice to have the option. The sims 3 gave you the option to turn off the newspaper if you didn't want it, I prefer that to being told by EA "it's our way or the highway"

I used to work for one the biggest technology companies in the world, I'm by no way resistant to technology. I'm for choice in this game. Not "I don't like it so it shouldn't be there" I mean I know people are relying on cell phones these days but there are times for example when I wish my sims would get off their darn phones, it's annoying when say playing a decades challenge.

My sim kids and toddlers in 4 are independent. More than I would like. Leave food out or give kids a microwave and they take care of themselves.

Well yeah, when your mod folder is 5 gb worth TS3 can't handle it. And I refuse to take out my mods. If I run a vanilla game it's great, but I don't play my game vanilla. TS4 and 5gb worth of cc is no problem. It's pretty amazing. And when's the last time you played TS4? I have mods in but I really think one of the updates stopped all of that annoying butting in date conversation annoyances.

I just don't see why we're giving people the option for newspapers at this point in the game. Ea needs to put their resources where they matter the most, and newspapers isn't one of them.
    Es
    I never said you weren't resistant to technology. But I really think the generational divide is pulling this community down. Why is it bothersome when the sims pull out their phones? They do that in TS3. What's the big deal?

Well, I think the kids should be independent. The child life stage isn't debilitating. They can talk, walk, and think for themselves. If I have to keep looking after my child that's a problem but the toddlers are helpless... :)

Last time I played? Yesterday. The sims being obsessed with their phones is frustrating as I said when doing certain challenges where sims wouldn't have phones. It's immersion breaking. Not to mention if I have a sim that say I don't want to have a phone, I have no choice in that because they do and I can't stop them playing with it. I think it's not fair to say the generational divide is pulling the community down. We are all Simmers and have opinions.

I don't think sims 4 toddlers are helpless. On the the contrary they are the easiest of the series, teach them to potty and leave food out and they look after themselves. I do enjoy them but they are easy.

The sims 4 toddlers are not helpless . Infact they are easier than before . They can sleep on the toddlers bed by themselves . The only they need is bat , and feeding time.
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited December 2017

For someone who flip flops between liking the game and not, I think it's a bit ironic that you ask what can they do better.

You said you can't get furniture in any color under the sun in real life and then when I say you can, you want to give a specific example where it probably isn't possible? Just to prove you're right?

So because mods saved the game before, it's ok for them to continue to do so? I think mods should be used to enhance gameplay not fix the game. Do I used them and praise modders for what they do - of course, it takes hard work but I don't think mods and cc should always be the default answer.

What did they invest their time in that really mattered? Apartments? Emotions? Multitasking? They did a heck of a job on CAS and some building features but they took away a lot more. You have to remember not everyone plays the same way.

Running on lower end machines was definitely a selling point. I can dig up something if you'd like proof but a simple Google search will turn this up for you. No you were talking about cellphones and the lack of newspapers being about moving along with technology of today whereas I'm talking about the actual engine of the game. TS4's engine definitely doesn't take advantage of 2017 technology - hence why I brought up the fact that gurus have said that things couldn't be implemented due to technology. So no, we aren't talking about the same technology at all.

Again, it's not about just the newspapers. It's about things missing from the game and having options. What is wrong with having options for the game? Why are you so deadset against options? Why does it have to be either or? Why should I have to download CC to play the game the way that I want? You are aware that the slogan for this game is: You Rule. How is that true if I can't play the way I want?

So let me get this straight: basically you're saying that you're ok with being dictated to about how you play your game and you think this game is perfect without room for improvements? And anyone who suggests improvements or would like to see things implemented are haters and complainers?

If you didn't want anyone engaging in conversation with you and possibly having a difference of opinion than you - which is bound to happen - then what was the point of making this thread?
    I asked because you said they could improve. TS4 has nothing to improve on to be quite honest with you.

Give me the name of a place where you can get your furniture and whatever color you want? I'll wait...

The rest is irrelevant... The proof is in the pudding. Ea is doing just fine and TS4 is great.
    p6tqefj
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    @Moderator_Anna554 Please close this thread.
    p6tqefj
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm sorry you have those issues with the sims 3. I used to get those on a pc I had years ago. I can say hand on heart I've never had my sims 3 game crash on this pc which is new or my husbands, game play is smooth and enjoyable. It hasn't always been that experience as I said with my previous game it was a headache and I went back to the sims 2. I would love to know how your sims don't get annoyed on dates. Mines do by random strangers no less, once even a child at the karaoke bar in San Myshuno lol and then they get awkward and embarrasses them.

I don't read newspapers but some of my family do and as I said I see my local paper girl every morning with a huge bag so some people clearly do. And while you may not care about that feature it's nice to have the option. The sims 3 gave you the option to turn off the newspaper if you didn't want it, I prefer that to being told by EA "it's our way or the highway"

I used to work for one the biggest technology companies in the world, I'm by no way resistant to technology. I'm for choice in this game. Not "I don't like it so it shouldn't be there" I mean I know people are relying on cell phones these days but there are times for example when I wish my sims would get off their darn phones, it's annoying when say playing a decades challenge.

My sim kids and toddlers in 4 are independent. More than I would like. Leave food out or give kids a microwave and they take care of themselves.

Well yeah, when your mod folder is 5 gb worth TS3 can't handle it. And I refuse to take out my mods. If I run a vanilla game it's great, but I don't play my game vanilla. TS4 and 5gb worth of cc is no problem. It's pretty amazing. And when's the last time you played TS4? I have mods in but I really think one of the updates stopped all of that annoying butting in date conversation annoyances.

I just don't see why we're giving people the option for newspapers at this point in the game. Ea needs to put their resources where they matter the most, and newspapers isn't one of them.
    Es
    I never said you weren't resistant to technology. But I really think the generational divide is pulling this community down. Why is it bothersome when the sims pull out their phones? They do that in TS3. What's the big deal?

Well, I think the kids should be independent. The child life stage isn't debilitating. They can talk, walk, and think for themselves. If I have to keep looking after my child that's a problem but the toddlers are helpless... :)

Last time I played? Yesterday. The sims being obsessed with their phones is frustrating as I said when doing certain challenges where sims wouldn't have phones. It's immersion breaking. Not to mention if I have a sim that say I don't want to have a phone, I have no choice in that because they do and I can't stop them playing with it. I think it's not fair to say the generational divide is pulling the community down. We are all Simmers and have opinions.

I don't think sims 4 toddlers are helpless. On the the contrary they are the easiest of the series, teach them to potty and leave food out and they look after themselves. I do enjoy them but they are easy.

The sims 4 toddlers are not helpless . Infact they are easier than before . They can sleep on the toddlers bed by themselves . The only they need is bat , and feeding time.

I know. That's what I said.
  • WonderAisWonderAis Posts: 102 Member
    I asked because you said they could improve. TS4 has nothing to improve on to be quite honest with you.

Give me the name of a place where you can get your furniture and whatever color you want? I'll wait...

The rest is irrelevant... The proof is in the pudding. Ea is doing just fine and TS4 is great.

All of the parts I've bolded are your opinion, which of course you are entitled to. However that doesn't mean that it is everyone's opinion. Not everyone will agree on everything, especially with a game that has such a wide spectrum of different people with different play styles. People are entitled to think that the game could be improved, just as you're entitled to believe that it has no faults whatsoever.

https://www.nabru.co.uk/design-your-own-corner-sofa this may be not ALL furniture, and as a point it has no relevance to the Sims and how it could or should be, but this is a website where you can basically design any sofa you want. So, its possible. o:)
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I don't hate the sims 4 at all. In fact it's my favourite sims game. I just wish there were more options to cater to all playstyles.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @BeJaWa Completely agree with your post. Buying clothes could be such a great feature in this game, owning a store, designing them (CASt B) ), selling them, seeing townies wearing them, you could cause total trends in town that way, poor sims wearing cheap clothes, rich sims wearing posh clothes. I don’t care about retail I said earlier but this I’d love.

One paragraph is not entirely clear to me.
    I do prefer ts4 dates (and all events) over ts3 because it is made more clear what makes an event good, I am not into the fact that all events are on a checklist that has to be completed in a certain order, and might be impossible to do depending on your venue, and if you do an event enough it becomes very repetitive. This could be an example of how ts4 limits peoples ability to be creative, you have to do events as the game tells you to or fail at them.
    Isn’t it the checklists that make it more clear? To me it’s quite clear in 3 what makes a date successful or not: doing stuff. Sometimes I invite a sim over and it becomes a date by accident. When I delete the ‘dating’ mechanism in such cases immediately, they declare they had a boring date. When I do stuff with my date, they had a great time. Personally that’s all I need really, rather than checklists where I have to do what the game wants me to do. Throwing a successful party comes down to making sure there’s enough food, enough music and enough people. What more does a party need, people make a party, right ;)?

haha yeah sorry, that paragraph is a little wonky. :)
    I'll use ts2 as an example for a dating system I like where there is a guide to what sims want to do , but it isn't mandatory and you can still have a good date by interacting with a sim enough.
    For ts3, I know positive interactions led to good dates, but I found the parties and dates to be a little hard to know what to do with. I knew my sims wanted to talk but I would have dates that went poorly, when from my perspective the sims had seemed to be getting along and I didn't really know what happened.
    So I like that there is some idea of what to do like ts2 and in the sims 4. However with ts4 I don't like how you have to do it the games way and in the games order.
    Does that make more sense @JoAnne65 ?
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I am finally starting to enjoy Sims 4. I actually play it more then Sims 3 right now. However, I do not like the way they continue to strip packs of content but still charge full price. Something has been cut drastically. I do not know if it is the budget or the actual number of people working on the sims but it shows. I also feel like packs are being released before they are ready. The bugs need to be fixed.
  • coffeeshoppecoffeeshoppe Posts: 22 Member
    I don't hate on sims 4, at all. Ever.

In fact, I LOVE sims 4. And always have!!! I have NEVER understood what supposedly make this game worse than any other sims game before. I think it rocks and that MANY things have been done RIGHT.

If other people feel differently, that is their say so. I just happen not to reciprocate those feelings . Thanks for the post though. Its nice to see someone who formerly hates sims 4 , to be less close minded, as that rarely happens.

Its fine if some people prefer previous games, it just bothers me that I have witnessed a lot of bashing of sims 4 fans and a lot of sims 3 fans talking down to us or about us, as if liking a game that they do not makes us less than.

I personally never connected with sims 3. But I never took sport in bashing it because it doesnt do anything good.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't hate on sims 4, at all. Ever.

In fact, I LOVE sims 4. And always have!!! I have NEVER understood what supposedly make this game worse than any other sims game before. I think it rocks and that MANY things have been done RIGHT.

If other people feel differently, that is their say so. I just happen not to reciprocate those feelings . Thanks for the post though. Its nice to see someone who formerly hates sims 4 , to be less close minded, as that rarely happens.

Its fine if some people prefer previous games, it just bothers me that I have witnessed a lot of bashing of sims 4 fans and a lot of sims 3 fans talking down to us or about us, as if liking a game that they do not makes us less than.

I personally never connected with sims 3. But I never took sport in bashing it because it doesnt do anything good.

Are you talking about in general when you say bashing of Sims 4 fans? Because I have yet to see any personal attacks on anyone regarding which game they play in this thread.

In fact, I'd say it rare to see personal attacks on fans nowadays here - they get shut down pretty quickly. Breaking down what you do and don't like about a game is not an attack on the people that play and enjoy said game. The two shouldn't be confused.
    Post edited by aricarai on

For someone who flip flops between liking the game and not, I think it's a bit ironic that you ask what can they do better.

You said you can't get furniture in any color under the sun in real life and then when I say you can, you want to give a specific example where it probably isn't possible? Just to prove you're right?

So because mods saved the game before, it's ok for them to continue to do so? I think mods should be used to enhance gameplay not fix the game. Do I used them and praise modders for what they do - of course, it takes hard work but I don't think mods and cc should always be the default answer.

What did they invest their time in that really mattered? Apartments? Emotions? Multitasking? They did a heck of a job on CAS and some building features but they took away a lot more. You have to remember not everyone plays the same way.

Running on lower end machines was definitely a selling point. I can dig up something if you'd like proof but a simple Google search will turn this up for you. No you were talking about cellphones and the lack of newspapers being about moving along with technology of today whereas I'm talking about the actual engine of the game. TS4's engine definitely doesn't take advantage of 2017 technology - hence why I brought up the fact that gurus have said that things couldn't be implemented due to technology. So no, we aren't talking about the same technology at all.

Again, it's not about just the newspapers. It's about things missing from the game and having options. What is wrong with having options for the game? Why are you so deadset against options? Why does it have to be either or? Why should I have to download CC to play the game the way that I want? You are aware that the slogan for this game is: You Rule. How is that true if I can't play the way I want?

So let me get this straight: basically you're saying that you're ok with being dictated to about how you play your game and you think this game is perfect without room for improvements? And anyone who suggests improvements or would like to see things implemented are haters and complainers?

If you didn't want anyone engaging in conversation with you and possibly having a difference of opinion than you - which is bound to happen - then what was the point of making this thread?

I'm curious what swayed your opinion. Less than a month ago you said the only pros about the sims 4 was toddlers and CAS, everything else was under "cons" Nothing new has come out since then. Genuinely would love to know the shuffle in view as it's a heck of a swing.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2017
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    @BeJaWa Completely agree with your post. Buying clothes could be such a great feature in this game, owning a store, designing them (CASt B) ), selling them, seeing townies wearing them, you could cause total trends in town that way, poor sims wearing cheap clothes, rich sims wearing posh clothes. I don’t care about retail I said earlier but this I’d love.

I do prefer ts4 dates (and all events) over ts3 because it is made more clear what makes an event good, I am not into the fact that all events are on a checklist that has to be completed in a certain order, and might be impossible to do depending on your venue, and if you do an event enough it becomes very repetitive. This could be an example of how ts4 limits peoples ability to be creative, you have to do events as the game tells you to or fail at them.
    Isn’t it the checklists that make it more clear? To me it’s quite clear in 3 what makes a date successful or not: doing stuff. Sometimes I invite a sim over and it becomes a date by accident. When I delete the ‘dating’ mechanism in such cases immediately, they declare they had a boring date. When I do stuff with my date, they had a great time. Personally that’s all I need really, rather than checklists where I have to do what the game wants me to do. Throwing a successful party comes down to making sure there’s enough food, enough music and enough people. What more does a party need, people make a party, right ;)?

I'll use ts2 as an example for a dating system I like where there is a guide to what sims want to do , but it isn't mandatory and you can still have a good date by interacting with a sim enough.
    For ts3, I know positive interactions led to good dates, but I found the parties and dates to be a little hard to know what to do with. I knew my sims wanted to talk but I would have dates that went poorly, when from my perspective the sims had seemed to be getting along and I didn't really know what happened.
    So I like that there is some idea of what to do like ts2 and in the sims 4. However with ts4 I don't like how you have to do it the games way and in the games order.
    Yes, I think it does, I think might be playing styles? I like it too when a game gives ideas, hints. As long as they’re not orders so to speak. I think Sims 2 has more game elements than Sims 3 does. I don’t like Sims 3 elements where things make absolutely no sense btw, like the being attracted to someone for instance (literally everyone... :p ).
    5JZ57S6.png
    BeJaWa wrote: »

Yes, I think it does, I think might be playing styles? I like it too when a game gives ideas, hints. As long as they’re not orders so to speak. I think Sims 2 has more game elements than Sims 3 does. I don’t like Sims 3 elements where things make absolutely no sense btw, like the being attracted to someone for instance (literally everyone... :p ).

Oh trust me the sims 4 takes the sims 3 attraction issue (if you want to call it that) to a whole new level. In sims 4 you get sims constantly asking your sims for dates even if they aren't the preferred gender and even if they don't like each other! (Because the heart of every good romance is dislike. Next to the sims 4, the sims 3 attraction seems plausible.

I'm curious what swayed your opinion. Less than a month ago you said the only pros about the sims 4 was toddlers and CAS, everything else was under "cons" Nothing new has come out since then. Genuinely would love to know the shuffle in view as it's a heck of a swing.

I've asked the exact same thing in this thread and I think her answer was because she's a Gemini. I still don't get it though.

I don't get it either.

Of course people can change their minds. I have with the sims 4. But this just seems from one extreme to another in a very short space of time.
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I mostly agree with what people are saying. The sims 4 is good, but could be better. The bugs are what definitely make me frustrated and stop playing. However, I do not like the comment saying people who love the sims 4 didn’t love or truly play the series like YOU did. I’ve been playing since day one and have spent many hours playing each iteration. I prefer to play 4 for many reasons. It doesn’t mean I didn’t fully get into the games. I enjoy playing legacies and maxing careers out for each generation BUT I’m not blind to the problems it has. We all have different ways of playing so donut come for me.

Also just throwing this out there. I deliver newspapers for a living. 8000 a week to be exact. It’s not as popular as it was in the past, but it’s still very much alive.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top