Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do we hate on TS4?

Comments

• alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    I'm sorry you have those issues with the sims 3. I used to get those on a pc I had years ago. I can say hand on heart I've never had my sims 3 game crash on this pc which is new or my husbands, game play is smooth and enjoyable. It hasn't always been that experience as I said with my previous game it was a headache and I went back to the sims 2. I would love to know how your sims don't get annoyed on dates. Mines do by random strangers no less, once even a child at the karaoke bar in San Myshuno lol and then they get awkward and embarrasses them.

I don't read newspapers but some of my family do and as I said I see my local paper girl every morning with a huge bag so some people clearly do. And while you may not care about that feature it's nice to have the option. The sims 3 gave you the option to turn off the newspaper if you didn't want it, I prefer that to being told by EA "it's our way or the highway"

I used to work for one the biggest technology companies in the world, I'm by no way resistant to technology. I'm for choice in this game. Not "I don't like it so it shouldn't be there" I mean I know people are relying on cell phones these days but there are times for example when I wish my sims would get off their darn phones, it's annoying when say playing a decades challenge.

My sim kids and toddlers in 4 are independent. More than I would like. Leave food out or give kids a microwave and they take care of themselves.

Well yeah, when your mod folder is 5 gb worth TS3 can't handle it. And I refuse to take out my mods. If I run a vanilla game it's great, but I don't play my game vanilla. TS4 and 5gb worth of cc is no problem. It's pretty amazing. And when's the last time you played TS4? I have mods in but I really think one of the updates stopped all of that annoying butting in date conversation annoyances.

I just don't see why we're giving people the option for newspapers at this point in the game. Ea needs to put their resources where they matter the most, and newspapers isn't one of them.
    Es
    I never said you weren't resistant to technology. But I really think the generational divide is pulling this community down. Why is it bothersome when the sims pull out their phones? They do that in TS3. What's the big deal?

Well, I think the kids should be independent. The child life stage isn't debilitating. They can talk, walk, and think for themselves. If I have to keep looking after my child that's a problem but the toddlers are helpless... :)

p6tqefj
    aricarai wrote: »

You are totally missing my points. Let me break it down further for you.

1. I never said WE should all read newspapers. I haven't made any blanket statements about WE. The point is about having the options. As was just said, options should be there not taken away. It's not about technology advancing in game. The Sims is meant to be a sandbox game where the player plays as they wish. If I want to make a world set in the 1950s without cell phones and with newspapers, I should be able to.

2. On the point of specs, one of the selling points before release is that TS4 would run on lower end machines. I think that's wrong and probably why the engine can't handle a lot of things. I've seen gurus state that they couldn't add certain features because the engine couldn't support the technology to do it. So I think you're talking about a different technology than I am.

3. You missed out an important part of what I said when you bolded part of my sentence. I said it was about the world TOO. I never said it focused on one thing over another. And again, it's not a complaint, it's feedback about open world. In hopes that it will make a reappearance. No one is getting up in arms.

4. CAW, CASt, Open World all may have been buggy (I'm not saying that they were) as heck. So you're saying it's ok not to try again to make it better than before? Why not try to optimise it better?

5. I'm not opposed to mods at all, but why is that or should it be the answer for everything that doesn't work or isn't right?

6. I'm pretty sure it's possible to get furniture in any color under the sun in real life, so I am not sure what your point is there.

7. Don't emotions override traits a lot of the times? Isn't multitasking a series of actions that are done one after the other?

8. Contrary to what you believe, I'm not complaining. I'm providing feedback and there is a difference. I don't hate the game, I want it to be better. I also want a strong base game from the beginning. I do appreciate what EA have done, I just think they can do better and I see nothing wrong with holding them to a high standard because I believe what this franchise deserves. I'm not sure what's wrong with that?

We really don't need options when it comes to newspapers. This game isn't about reading a newspaper. I don't want Ea wasting their resources on newspapers, and I'm sure plenty of other simmers agree with that. You can still make a 1950's world, just don't use the cellphones. You can download cc newspapers... Problem solved.

When did they ever try to boast about how TS4 could run on lower end machines? If anything they were placating players with low end machines, assuring them they could somewhat play it. That was never a main selling point though. And no, we're talking about the same technology... The same technology that allows our sims to socialize like real people in everyday life situations. The same technology that allows our sims to stop waving their hands in the air because an object in their way. The same technology that allows our sims to take their pets to the vet when their sick.

They should've optimized CAW and CAST and Open World, but they chose to invest time in things that really mattered.

Why should mods be the answer for everything that doesn't work right? Because they were the answer with TS3 Late Night and all of those taxis that kept spawning, and the spontaneous inventory hoarding issues. Twallan saved TS3 so much now where is he? The poor guy needed a break after picking up the slack for Ea so long. That's why mods are the answer. Everyone says TS3 wasn't buggy but most of them have Twallan's mods just to make the game playable after several generations.

If you walk into an Ikea and they have an arm chair in only two colors you're out of luck. You can't say "no I want my arm chair to be green, do it now." O.o

What can they do better? The game is playable, immersive, and entertaining.

p6tqefj

Last time I played? Yesterday. The sims being obsessed with their phones is frustrating as I said when doing certain challenges where sims wouldn't have phones. It's immersion breaking. Not to mention if I have a sim that say I don't want to have a phone, I have no choice in that because they do and I can't stop them playing with it. I think it's not fair to say the generational divide is pulling the community down. We are all Simmers and have opinions.

I don't think sims 4 toddlers are helpless. On the the contrary they are the easiest of the series, teach them to potty and leave food out and they look after themselves. I do enjoy them but they are easy.

The sims were forced to have phones in TS3 too though. Only TS2 really gave us the option. I can overlook things easily. If I was playing my game with a 1950's style I could overlook the phone thing. I mean at least you can closely emulate a 1950's lifestyle. We are all simmers but sometimes giving too many options is worse.

Really? My sims 4 toddlers need all of my undivided attention. TS4 toddlers are definitely more older than TS3 toddlers and I like that... You can do more with them. I mean I play with aging on and getting all those skills up, along with their sibling's skills isn't easy.

But if you're playing TS4 there's something you like about it.... So what is it?

p6tqefj
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    The game didn't get interesting to me until we got Toddlers and Parenthood.
    I also like the groups system from Get Together along with Windenburg.

Before that the only thing keeping me with TS4 were the sims themselves.
    I find emotions a bit annoying and wish the sims were more true to their traits, but I really like the way these sims look.
    I had put it aside for the most part until they patched in Toddlers and then Parenthood arrived.

So I am staying with it and hoping Seasons and University are the next EPs.
    With those two, I think I will start playing my sims seriously. Right now I am taking things really slow and I just dabble with the game now and then.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    I would not say that I have any hatred for a game. Hatred is a very strong word and no game - least of all TS4 - deserves it. Am I indifferent to TS4? Absolutely. I have no interest in playing it and when I used to, I did not enjoy myself. I spent most of this morning playing TS2 and greatly enjoying myself.
    TS4 should be a better game. It should have continued improving on the franchise by succeeding at multitasking, maintaining the vast level of customization, and creating a truly living, breathing world of sims and their lovable shenanigans. Sadly, what do we have after 4 years? The multitasking is mediocre, the customization is just below TS2 quality, and the sims are grinning, poorly-faceted automatons with nothing even remotely lovable about them. This is a nondescript game and is just not suitable for this franchise imho.
    This is not hate. This is one opinion that may or may not be shared. The only thing I approve of concerns the pets pack. I'm odd in that I like not having any control over the dogs and cats in my games. Then again, if I want uncontrollable cats and dogs I can always play TS2. And so I shall play the games I enjoy and let others enjoy TS4 if they so wish.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    I don't think that many people hate on TS4. People share their feedback on a game that they love. They know that it can be better. Everyone has different play styles and opinions on what they want in the game. You say that you don't really care about firefighters and policemen, but many really do and want to see them return in the newest iteration of the game. You're opinion isn't superior to others. We all have our own standards on what a good TS game should have. Players don't want to see a sucessor having half of the previous features cut off in exchange for poorly working new features (multitasking, emotions).
    Just because you don't want to see something added in the game doesn't mean that nobody should have it. I am a builder and I don't really do much gameplay. But I understand that people wanted toddlers. Sure, it didn't matter to me if EA would add them, but I knew that it did matter to many others and I knew that it would improve the game, even if it wasn't for my own sake. Also it is not good for a game to be dependent on mods/CC. The game should be playable on its own and have basic features in it instead of having to download them.
    Anyway, it is nice that you like the game for what it is. I am happy for you that you like it like this. But don't blame people for not liking the game and giving their feedback. And get your facts straight next time.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • cosmiccccosmiccc Posts: 32 Member
    The sims in sims 4 don't feel that authentic to me, as they all have pretty much the same choices and reactions to things. Like I literally started a new household with a girl and her cat, and the third day of living there, she burns her food and a fire starts in the kitchen (only stays in the kitchen). So she takes like 10 minutes to stop looking at the fire and leave the house, but even though i told her to pick up the cat (who was sitting right next to her), she just runs out. And then 10 minutes later standing outside, she runs back in a grabs the cat. Then she stands outside looking at the house with the cat, and then after a while she sets the cat down, runs back into the house, stands in the MIDDLE of the fire trying to hose everything down with a fire extinguisher, and obviously dies in the process. The worst part of it all is that she had the genius trait....

At least it was kinda funny? i guess?
  • Stef024Stef024 Posts: 19 Member
    I don't hate the game but I'm also not in love with it.

I have played The Sims since the beginning. Yeah i'm old :-p.
    Compared to al the other games there is a lot wrong with The Sims 4.

The bugs are one thing, but the thing that irritates me the most right now is the new expansion pack Cats and Dogs that you CAN'T control your frinkin' pet!? Who the hell thought that was a good idea?
    I want to control my pet when my sims are at work. Now it just sits/standing somewhere doing nothing.
    And we pay quitte much for the expansion packs/game play packs and I personally think we are not getting what we are paying for.

In previous post there's a lot of talk about dining out that sims don't keep to there seats and just dine out! I have that same problem and it really gets on my nerves also that after one plate of food my sim is to tired to eat a second plate and after one drink they have to go to the bathroom or they burst. Being outside of your own lot the needs of my sim drops really fast. You can't really enjoy being out of your own lot.

I sometimes have the idea that EA never listens to our idea's/complaints/suggestions to boost up the game.
    What I still really want in the game is to have a sim move out and not the way as it is now where you have to force your sim out of the household.
    I thought it was in the Sims 3 that when a sims turns young adult you got the option on the computer/phone to move out, that was perfect!
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    The only reason why I think I'm upset with The Sims 4 is because I played The Sims 2.
    4 should be an improvement rather then a step, rather many steps back. Most of the reason being, to nickel and dime us to death by charging for any & every small aspect that came with previous versions of the game. I mean we are getting a Laundry pack next, lol. Talk about scraping the bottom of the well for change :(
    Where are the cars and change of seasons? We are 4 years in!
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

> @SarahsShady

I was thinking about this a few days back. That it would be great to have washing machines and dryers again in the game and of course dirty laundry everywhere around the house. How do you now we are getting a laundry pack though?
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited December 2017
    The only reason why I think I'm upset with The Sims 4 is because I played The Sims 2.
    4 should be an improvement rather then a step, rather many steps back. Most of the reason being, to nickel and dime us to death by charging for any & every small aspect that came with previous versions of the game. I mean we are getting a Laundry pack next, lol. Talk about scraping the bottom of the well for change :(
    Where are the cars and change of seasons? We are 4 years in!

3 Years and 3 months now I believe. :tongue:

Well, that was a decision by the community. I feel like we wouldn't have gotten a non-eco living pack if laundry wasn't shoved in the description. Was banking on Arcade stuff, dangerous stuff or heck even Wedding stuff (or like the one mentioning worn down and bargain furniture. There was a mighty neeeeeeeed). Like the furniture and some of the clothing, but just like when I have to do laundry in real life I'm just so 'MEH, I GUESS.' :expressionless: (Honestly didn't know so many people liked laundry??? Or maybe more so that immersion we can get.)

With all the heavy hints dropped in Pet's I definitely feel like Seasons should be the next EP next year. Also cars? If possible, I'd like them if they are done much like how they were in Sims 2 I'd be completely satisfied.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Stef024 wrote: »
    > @SarahsShady

I was thinking about this a few days back. That it would be great to have washing machines and dryers again in the game and of course dirty laundry everywhere around the house. How do you now we are getting a laundry pack though?
    http://simscommunity.info/2017/09/13/its-official-the-sims-4s-13th-stuff-pack-is-called-laundry-day-stuff/
    5JZ57S6.png
    @JoAnne65

Thanks for the info!
    I'm usually not around in the English forum because I'm automatically redirected to the forum in my own language and on there there is never any information posted on there. :(
    And i'm not on social media so I always miss out on the information.

But as long as it isn't posted on the official sims site I have my doubts. o:)
  • WonderAisWonderAis Posts: 102 Member
    Stef024 wrote: »
    @JoAnne65

Thanks for the info!
    I'm usually not around in the English forum because I'm automatically redirected to the forum in my own language and on there there is never any information posted on there. :(
    And i'm not on social media so I always miss out on the information.

But as long as it isn't posted on the official sims site I have my doubts. o:)

This is a link to the announcement of the title for the laundry SP, from the EA website. https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/news/laundry-day-icon

As for my opinion on TS4; I enjoy it mostly, though I don't think it's the best iteration of The Sims. I would agree with other people commenting here, that feedback and criticism isn't necessarily hate, it's mostly just avid simmers who want their experience to be the best it can be. Nothing can ever grow or change if everyone just sings it's praises day in and day out. I also am a firm believer in too many choices being better than none at all. Just because something doesn't suit my play style doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game at all. But thats just my 2 cents.

(As an aside, I turned 20 a few weeks ago, and I still read the newspaper ;) )
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    alexandrea wrote: »
    They should've optimized CAW and CAST and Open World, but they chose to invest time in things that really mattered.

That really second rate emotions system they touted as as a Sims revolution that fizzled out to a broken feature very fast...?

• Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Hate is a strong word. Disappointed is better. I am not exactly sure what the vision was, but it is not working. The past games you could play for hours. This one, not so much. I don't hate it. I just want better.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I don't hate on TS4. I complain that it's missing something that the previous versions had. I wish I knew what that something was. When I'm playing it, I'm having fun. But it hasn't hooked me like Sims 1, Sims 2, or Sims 3 did.

And why are we arguing over which is better? We all play differently and therefore each game's strengths and weaknesses have different levels of importance to us.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Still didn't like to say this but, these radio stations were mostly added when hip hop takes too long!
  • bumb1ebeebumb1ebee Posts: 28 Member
    TS4 is far from perfect, and there are plenty of things that need to be worked on but I still like the game quite a lot. I enjoyed TS3 as well but personally I actually like TS4 better.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top