Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do we hate on TS4?

Comments

• alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    alexandrea wrote: »
    As the title suggests, I'm really not sure why a decent amount of simmers have so much disdain for TS4. I stopped playing it for almost a year but I got into it again and it's a really really fun game.

Why did you Stop playing the Sims 4 so long?
    Anyways pull up a chair and stay awhile. >:):D

Honestly, I was so busy with life and dissatisfied with the game at that time. It's amazing now... I'm gonna be on the forums for a lot more now :) I love my families in TS4.
    p6tqefj
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Is this a Bate and Switch thread,? where you bate sims 4 players to comment and then show a lot of pictures of Sims 3 and it's all truly about Sims 3. If so I am sorry I even left a comment.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    Ya know if I had hated TS 4, I would not of let my husband buy me Cats and Dogs ...just to once more seriously disappointed. I have given this game many hours and much money trying to love it.. After all it is a Sims game. I love all the previous series even with their mishaps. Sims 4 is a broken game that the developers don't fix, but even with that the game is down right boring. The only thing Sims 4 gets right is the social aspect of the game. Sims 4 sims can sure gab and gab and gab. They are clones of each other because their traits mean so little and their main mission is to gab, when there is no one to gab at they become obsessed with the computers. The EP do not even spread to other areas of the game (example apartments just in C/L). Everything is a short cut to less than comparing to the previous series.

Sims 4 reminds me of IMUV. Which is a social game period.

Weakest iteration?

Ok since you asked:

Game has been stripped of the majority if not all the things that made it interesting. I,e no burglars, no interesting npcs like Mrs crumplebottom, the unsavoury charlatan, mr big, the diva, the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 match maker, the genie not to mention useful npcs like the social worker (an actual social worker!), the repo man, paper boy, girl, fire fighters, police officers, animal trainers, pest control and not forgetting for those that enjoy them things like witches, werewolves etc etc

It’s a game that lacks car pools, taxis and school buses. Bad events like fires are toned right down to the point where they are non existant, there’s no burglars and even puppies and dogs aren’t destructive. There is very few consequences for negative behaviour and cheating is a moodlet in game that is erased by walking into the next room and don’t expect your children to care about their parents playing away, they will not react. It’s like the sims 4is afraid to push boundaries and is afraid to even hit the T for teen rating.

Will we ever see the male or female dancer that would jump out the cake and dance? Will we see sims getting drunk and dancing in cages? Will we see sims dancing on tables? When will we see children reacting to their parents breaking up? When we will see sims reacting to deaths in the family? All missing and all been in the previous games. To me reactions and consequences are a basic feature of a sims game, of any game actually and the sims 4 isn’t great with either. I have to force my sims to react. @JoAnne65s post shows how the sims 3 has it better (as do the previous games) I’m terms of the sims reacting to their world around them. Sadly I have watched a sim in the sims 4 watch as her daughter caught fire and the only thing she did was carry on eating her bowl of cereal. It was a little creepy actually. When I play and I watch the family come home from work and walk by the urn of their dead parent without a care in the world that reminds me sharply it’s a game. I sadly can’t get lost in the sims 4. I play the sims 1,2,3 4 and the sims medieval. I have no issues with running any of them. Ironically the one with the most bugs is the sims 4. All the other games run brilliantly on the two gaming rigs we have.

It was Will Wright that recongnised players liked to explore failure states. I feel the sims 4 doesn’t recognise this and tries if anything to maintain a happy utopia world.
    Edit to add I love the sims ambitions, I love playing as a firefighter or a ghost hunter, I love the active careers like singer as there is no checklists.

The sims 2 dating is still better, it tells you what the other sims wants are but you don’t have to fulfill them. You can have a great date by doing positive interactions but not fulfilling the wishes. And the best part is at the end of the date the other sim will tell you if they liked it or not and you will get a consequence for a great or dream date and possibly a bag of flaming poo for a bad one. Reaction and consequence right there.

In TS3 my sims never got robbed. Maybe once in a blue moon. Mrs.Crumplebottom, the unsavoury charlatan, mr big, the diva, the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker, and the genie were not in TS3. I tihkn there's a social worker in TS4 but then again I wouldn't really know because I take care of my kids. The repoman is gone in TS4 but we lose power and access to water which is way more fun imo. The paper boy is unnecessary... It's 2017 we don't really read newspapers anymore. Firefighters... Maybe we will get them later but irdc. Police officers, again irdc plus we technically do have them. Animal trainers? Those weren't in TS3. Who needs them? We can train our own pets. Pest control? We have functional landlords in TS4 that will handle that if you live in an apartment.

Car pools, taxis, and school buses? Idc about those if they don't make the game immersive, and honestly they don't. Fires shouldn't be something to look forward to as fun. If we're sitting around looking for fires in TS3 to me that's just proof that the game isn't fun, and it isn't fun tbh. The dogs are destructive, you just have to give them the right traits. I don't know if you play C&D a lot but the pets will attack other sims and it's pretty funny. Cheating is watered down in TS3. They get a moodlet, slap a sim, cry, and move on. I can't lie TS4 is slightly toned down in some aspects but mods help it feel more mature and less E rated.

If you want your sims to get drunk and wild you can emulate that pretty easily in TS4. And my sims in TS4 are wayyyyy more emotional about deaths in their families. Even weeks after a family member's death, they will sometimes go to their urn and mourn them. It's so sweet and heart-warming. We do have actions and consequences in TS4 with chance cards that have been added. And I really find it hard to believe that TS4 doesn't run better than TS3 on your gaming rigs. Is this a joke? TS4 is a million times more smoother and less buggy.

Failure states? My sims parents raised her badly and she always gets the angry emotion around them, along with a moodlet saying she hates her family. TS4 is far from utopian.

And the dating in TS2 was good, no lie about that. But TS3 dating system was trash, a lot of players even said so. Now suddenly they want to act like it was good. Dating in TS3 was literally a heart icon above their heads instead of the regular group plumbob. You couldn't watch them go out to eat, couldn't watch them in a cinema, there was literally nothing to do besides star gazing, and going to a park if you wanted to actually see them on their date. Talk about boring. Idk... TS3 is watered down but we just have an open-world to compensate for the emptiness.
    p6tqefj
    aricarai wrote: »
    I've started to find it interesting when people compare TS4 to older games by saying things like, 'Well this is so much better (insert feature here) in TS4 than TS3 (or TS or TS2).' Isn't the the WHOLE point of a sequel in a series to improve and make things better? When comparisons like that are made, it just seems like sort of moot because the current iteration should be better.

But TS4 did improve the series as a whole. How do you expect simmers to compare older games without breaking it down by features? If we didn't break it down feature by feature we would pretty much be saying "TS4> TS3, or TS3 >TS4." I don't understand what you're saying. :/
    p6tqefj
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Weakest iteration?

Ok since you asked:

Game has been stripped of the majority if not all the things that made it interesting. I,e no burglars, no interesting npcs like Mrs crumplebottom, the unsavoury charlatan, mr big, the diva, the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 match maker, the genie not to mention useful npcs like the social worker (an actual social worker!), the repo man, paper boy, girl, fire fighters, police officers, animal trainers, pest control and not forgetting for those that enjoy them things like witches, werewolves etc etc

It’s a game that lacks car pools, taxis and school buses. Bad events like fires are toned right down to the point where they are non existant, there’s no burglars and even puppies and dogs aren’t destructive. There is very few consequences for negative behaviour and cheating is a moodlet in game that is erased by walking into the next room and don’t expect your children to care about their parents playing away, they will not react. It’s like the sims 4is afraid to push boundaries and is afraid to even hit the T for teen rating.

Will we ever see the male or female dancer that would jump out the cake and dance? Will we see sims getting drunk and dancing in cages? Will we see sims dancing on tables? When will we see children reacting to their parents breaking up? When we will see sims reacting to deaths in the family? All missing and all been in the previous games. To me reactions and consequences are a basic feature of a sims game, of any game actually and the sims 4 isn’t great with either. I have to force my sims to react. @JoAnne65s post shows how the sims 3 has it better (as do the previous games) I’m terms of the sims reacting to their world around them. Sadly I have watched a sim in the sims 4 watch as her daughter caught fire and the only thing she did was carry on eating her bowl of cereal. It was a little creepy actually. When I play and I watch the family come home from work and walk by the urn of their dead parent without a care in the world that reminds me sharply it’s a game. I sadly can’t get lost in the sims 4. I play the sims 1,2,3 4 and the sims medieval. I have no issues with running any of them. Ironically the one with the most bugs is the sims 4. All the other games run brilliantly on the two gaming rigs we have.

It was Will Wright that recongnised players liked to explore failure states. I feel the sims 4 doesn’t recognise this and tries if anything to maintain a happy utopia world.
    Edit to add I love the sims ambitions, I love playing as a firefighter or a ghost hunter, I love the active careers like singer as there is no checklists.

The sims 2 dating is still better, it tells you what the other sims wants are but you don’t have to fulfill them. You can have a great date by doing positive interactions but not fulfilling the wishes. And the best part is at the end of the date the other sim will tell you if they liked it or not and you will get a consequence for a great or dream date and possibly a bag of flaming poo for a bad one. Reaction and consequence right there.

In TS3 my sims never got robbed. Maybe once in a blue moon. Mrs.Crumplebottom, the unsavoury charlatan, mr big, the diva, the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker, and the genie were not in TS3. I tihkn there's a social worker in TS4 but then again I wouldn't really know because I take care of my kids. The repoman is gone in TS4 but we lose power and access to water which is way more fun imo. The paper boy is unnecessary... It's 2017 we don't really read newspapers anymore. Firefighters... Maybe we will get them later but irdc. Police officers, again irdc plus we technically do have them. Animal trainers? Those weren't in TS3. Who needs them? We can train our own pets. Pest control? We have functional landlords in TS4 that will handle that if you live in an apartment.

Car pools, taxis, and school buses? Idc about those if they don't make the game immersive, and honestly they don't. Fires shouldn't be something to look forward to as fun. If we're sitting around looking for fires in TS3 to me that's just proof that the game isn't fun, and it isn't fun tbh. The dogs are destructive, you just have to give them the right traits. I don't know if you play C&D a lot but the pets will attack other sims and it's pretty funny. Cheating is watered down in TS3. They get a moodlet, slap a sim, cry, and move on. I can't lie TS4 is slightly toned down in some aspects but mods help it feel more mature and less E rated.

If you want your sims to get drunk and wild you can emulate that pretty easily in TS4. And my sims in TS4 are wayyyyy more emotional about deaths in their families. Even weeks after a family member's death, they will sometimes go to their urn and mourn them. It's so sweet and heart-warming. We do have actions and consequences in TS4 with chance cards that have been added. And I really find it hard to believe that TS4 doesn't run better than TS3 on your gaming rigs. Is this a joke? TS4 is a million times more smoother and less buggy.

Failure states? My sims parents raised her badly and she always gets the angry emotion around them, along with a moodlet saying she hates her family. TS4 is far from utopian.

And the dating in TS2 was good, no lie about that. But TS3 dating system was trash, a lot of players even said so. Now suddenly they want to act like it was good. Dating in TS3 was literally a heart icon above their heads instead of the regular group plumbob. You couldn't watch them go out to eat, couldn't watch them in a cinema, there was literally nothing to do besides star gazing, and going to a park if you wanted to actually see them on their date. Talk about boring. Idk... TS3 is watered down but we just have an open-world to compensate for the emptiness.

Dogs aren’t destructive. I’m sorry but they aren’t. They don’t destroy furniture or beds, they chew their toys and that is it. I’ve played a lot of cats and dogs. Like the cats but hate the dogs. They aren’t realistic in the slightest. Puppies and dogs chew things other than their toys if untrained, a feature in previous games and omitted here for whatever reason. I’m glad you are enjoying them. Sadly I’m not.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited December 2017
    gamekitten wrote: »
    Honestly, and I hate to admit to myself.. I do not see Sims 4 ever being better than the previous series. Even if they add newspapers, firefighters, burglars, and etc.. because it will just be massive shortcuts and/or left out features. Yes, I can understand new people that came to Sims in 4 thinking this is the best game ever..But others that have played the previous series thinking 4 is far superior than the others just boggles my mind.
    I have been wondering that myself. But I discovered that the reason likely is that they never really loved the game and that some of them just used it as a sort of pastime. Most likely they aren’t really gamers and never were. So I think that they just prefer TS4 because it works, is easy and because they can just watch and have a little fun when they haven’t anything else to do. I don’t know how general this is valid though. But at least it makes me understand a little better why they could prefer TS4 over the previous games.

Said in another way: I can understand why they could like TS4 if they only built a little and had a little fun with the previous games too and never played them for hours like I did myself.
    Post edited by Erpe on
    edited December 2017
    And the thing about newspapers...sure it's 2017, but I, personally, love reading the paper while drinking coffee on the train to work in the morning. So I don't fall under the 'we' that you've lumped everyone into.

In fact, every rebuttal you gave to @MidnightAura's was about what YOU don't care about having in the game. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you aren't the only one that plays this game and you should keep in mind that there are so many different play styles to be catered for - which isn't the easiest of things for EA to do when producing a game for millions, but they've come close before.

So you're telling me if TS5 had every other aspect you desired but it didn't include: Fire fighters, burglars, police, newspapers, etc... you would say the game is bad? I just think that's so petty. We're griping about things they took away but they gave us a lot of things too. Like the open world complaint is just so played out. We know that we most likely won't get an open world, save that complaint for when they start the production for TS5. Idk I just don't get the hate. *Shrug*

Idc about newspapers in my game. It's 2017, my sims have phones and computers they can use that. That's what I use. I do read on the train as well but not the newspaper... I read actual books. If I want to read the news on the train I just pop out my phone, it's less intrusive that way and it just works. Are you middle-aged? I'm just curious because I'm 19 so obviously that somewhat plays a role in my opinion of technology. We don't even bother to pay for the newspaper to be delivered to our house... There's just no point. TS4 is moving along with the times...
    p6tqefj
    Just want to correct you Mrs crumplebottom is in the sims 3 (just not her affection hating self in 2 lol) the genie is in 3.ive never had a social worker visit in 4 because my kids take care of themselves if I don’t. But all that happens if they are taken away (and it’s pretty hard to do) is a beam whisks them away with a notification. I saw it in a let’s play.

I like the idea of power being turned off but it doesn’t need upset my game play. My sims don’t care. They show no emotion about it. And if you go to community lots it doesn’t need matter. I like that in previous games sims cared about the repo man showing up for sims 2sims that was a fear. Again another missing thing from the sims 4.

It may be 2017 but people definitely still read newspapers. If they didn’t my paper girl wouldn’t have a job. The target demographic of this game may consider if uncool to read a paper or not do but newspapers definitely still exist.

I don’t understand about sims 3 dating. My sims 3 Sim went on a date yesterday to the beach, they played in the sand and the water, they went snorkelling and then they went to do some karaoke. When it was done my sims date told her she had issues and he wasn’t sticking around to deal with them. Dating in the sims 4 is a meal (which you fend off people coming over and chatting and interrupting) going to bars or the nightclubs. And there nothing wrong with that but it’s empty compared to the previous three games.

Believe it or not, it’s no skin off my nose I’m sorry but I run all the sims games great on our PCs. The buggiest is the sims 4. My sims games run great. 3 runs great on both but better on mine than my husbands. Ironically the pc with the better graphics card has more bugs than the weaker one. Maybe once it’s finished it will be less buggy but looking at how the sims 3was left I’m not convinced.

Your kids take care of themselves in TS4? What traits do they have??? My kids are a handful. And honestly Irdc about seeing someone physically come and take away my kids... Either way they're still being taken away. It's obvious we value different things. :)

My sims go crazy when the power is turned off long enough... They do suffer. And I do agree we need fears back, and the whim system needs work but I can look past that.

I'm sorry but no one reads the paper where I live... Besides older people. I haven't even seen a delivery person in years... I'm just being honest. Why are people so resistant to change? Technology is here to help us, and make our lives more efficient. Having a resistance towards technology is just foolish imo. In this instance technology saves you money... You don't have to pay for a silly newspaper and sift through pages to get to what article you want to read *shrug*. Maybe I'm too young to understand the appeal of newspapers but I'll tell you one thing... In TS2 the paper boy/girl would stop delivering because I would let them pile up. In TS3 I don't even notice the paper boy/girl... It's just useless code. I'm glad they didn't invest time in that. Even with the bills... You can pay them on the phone or computer... That's just the way the world has shifted now. I put my bills on auto-pay and if not I just hop online and pay it via a computer or phone. It's so convenient and I love when I see my sims do these things. Idk maybe it's because I'm 19 *shrug*.

And yeah, that's what I mean in TS3... The dating system is just random. It sounds like your sims had a good date yet the game just decided to give you that random message at the end of the date. Why? Idk. And with TS4 no one bothers my sims on their dates. If they do I have a mod to kick them out the convo. :)

Yeah TS3 doesn't recognize newer graphics cards which is a real pain, but I've found workarounds. The game still runs like a broke down car though. TS4 is just smooth. I can boot it up, jump into CAS and in 5 min have a sim I really love. In TS3... it takes a while and I'm always at the edge of my seat because you never know when some cc will make CAS crash. It's annoying as all heck. "The Sims 3 has stopped responding..." REALLY?! -_-

p6tqefj
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited December 2017
    And the thing about newspapers...sure it's 2017, but I, personally, love reading the paper while drinking coffee on the train to work in the morning. So I don't fall under the 'we' that you've lumped everyone into.

In fact, every rebuttal you gave to @MidnightAura's was about what YOU don't care about having in the game. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you aren't the only one that plays this game and you should keep in mind that there are so many different play styles to be catered for - which isn't the easiest of things for EA to do when producing a game for millions, but they've come close before.

So you're telling me if TS5 had every other aspect you desired but it didn't include: Fire fighters, burglars, police, newspapers, etc... you would say the game is bad? I just think that's so petty. We're griping about things they took away but they gave us a lot of things too. Like the open world complaint is just so played out. We know that we most likely won't get an open world, save that complaint for when they start the production for TS5. Idk I just don't get the hate. *Shrug*

Idc about newspapers in my game. It's 2017, my sims have phones and computers they can use that. That's what I use. I do read on the train as well but not the newspaper... I read actual books. If I want to read the news on the train I just pop out my phone, it's less intrusive that way and it just works. Are you middle-aged? I'm just curious because I'm 19 so obviously that somewhat plays a role in my opinion of technology. We don't even bother to pay for the newspaper to be delivered to our house... There's just no point. TS4 is moving along with the times...

Nope, I most definitely am not saying that. Yes, I know you don't care about those things, but again, this game isn't only produced for you. And I've not once said the game is a bad game - I'm saying it could be better - or that I hate it. I want it to be better. However, if those things were missing from the game again, I would find it questionable. The Sims, as it progressed from the first game, became about so much more than just the Sims themselves - it was about the world around them too and the others that inhabited it. By stripping out a lot of those things that you mention, it loses sight of what it had become. And the open word 'complaint'? It's not a complaint, it's called feedback. I agree though, I don't think it's coming for TS4, but waiting until production of TS5 starts isn't going to solve anything especially since no one knows when production on a new game starts except for the developers.

Yes, TS4 did bring some great additions to the game, but to me (and probably some others too), they took way too much away. CAW, CASt, Open World - what's to compensate for taking them away? Emotions, multitasking, being able to run on lower end computers? I don't think they're in the same league as each other.

Wow! Your last paragraph is a tad bit condescending, but I'll overlook the barbs and respond. Depends what you consider middle-aged (side note: I know plenty of people that aren't middle-aged that read the newspaper, so age shouldn't be a factor here), but I am older than you are. And why shouldn't the option of having a newspaper being delivered be there? That's part of the problem - options have been taken away!

On the subject of technology, I think it's fantastic - in fact, I've been very vocal about the fact that I think the specs should be raised and higher from the beginning of the game (many don't agree with this) because today's technology should be taken advantage of. Imagine the game that we'd have then!
    Post edited by aricarai on
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Just want to correct you Mrs crumplebottom is in the sims 3 (just not her affection hating self in 2 lol) the genie is in 3.ive never had a social worker visit in 4 because my kids take care of themselves if I don’t. But all that happens if they are taken away (and it’s pretty hard to do) is a beam whisks them away with a notification. I saw it in a let’s play.

I like the idea of power being turned off but it doesn’t need upset my game play. My sims don’t care. They show no emotion about it. And if you go to community lots it doesn’t need matter. I like that in previous games sims cared about the repo man showing up for sims 2sims that was a fear. Again another missing thing from the sims 4.

It may be 2017 but people definitely still read newspapers. If they didn’t my paper girl wouldn’t have a job. The target demographic of this game may consider if uncool to read a paper or not do but newspapers definitely still exist.

I don’t understand about sims 3 dating. My sims 3 Sim went on a date yesterday to the beach, they played in the sand and the water, they went snorkelling and then they went to do some karaoke. When it was done my sims date told her she had issues and he wasn’t sticking around to deal with them. Dating in the sims 4 is a meal (which you fend off people coming over and chatting and interrupting) going to bars or the nightclubs. And there nothing wrong with that but it’s empty compared to the previous three games.

Believe it or not, it’s no skin off my nose I’m sorry but I run all the sims games great on our PCs. The buggiest is the sims 4. My sims games run great. 3 runs great on both but better on mine than my husbands. Ironically the pc with the better graphics card has more bugs than the weaker one. Maybe once it’s finished it will be less buggy but looking at how the sims 3was left I’m not convinced.

Your kids take care of themselves in TS4? What traits do they have??? My kids are a handful. And honestly Irdc about seeing someone physically come and take away my kids... Either way they're still being taken away. It's obvious we value different things. :)

My sims go crazy when the power is turned off long enough... They do suffer. And I do agree we need fears back, and the whim system needs work but I can look past that.

I'm sorry but no one reads the paper where I live... Besides older people. I haven't even seen a delivery person in years... I'm just being honest. Why are people so resistant to change? Technology is here to help us, and make our lives more efficient. Having a resistance towards technology is just foolish imo. In this instance technology saves you money... You don't have to pay for a silly newspaper and sift through pages to get to what article you want to read *shrug*. Maybe I'm too young to understand the appeal of newspapers but I'll tell you one thing... In TS2 the paper boy/girl would stop delivering because I would let them pile up. In TS3 I don't even notice the paper boy/girl... It's just useless code. I'm glad they didn't invest time in that. Even with the bills... You can pay them on the phone or computer... That's just the way the world has shifted now. I put my bills on auto-pay and if not I just hop online and pay it via a computer or phone. It's so convenient and I love when I see my sims do these things. Idk maybe it's because I'm 19 *shrug*.

And yeah, that's what I mean in TS3... The dating system is just random. It sounds like your sims had a good date yet the game just decided to give you that random message at the end of the date. Why? Idk. And with TS4 no one bothers my sims on their dates. If they do I have a mod to kick them out the convo. :)

Yeah TS3 doesn't recognize newer graphics cards which is a real pain, but I've found workarounds. The game still runs like a broke down car though. TS4 is just smooth. I can boot it up, jump into CAS and in 5 min have a sim I really love. In TS3... it takes a while and I'm always at the edge of my seat because you never know when some cc will make CAS crash. It's annoying as all heck. "The Sims 3 has stopped responding..." REALLY?! -_-

I'm sorry you have those issues with the sims 3. I used to get those on a pc I had years ago. I can say hand on heart I've never had my sims 3 game crash on this pc which is new or my husbands, game play is smooth and enjoyable. It hasn't always been that experience as I said with my previous game it was a headache and I went back to the sims 2. I would love to know how your sims don't get annoyed on dates. Mines do by random strangers no less, once even a child at the karaoke bar in San Myshuno lol and then they get awkward and embarrasses them.

I don't read newspapers but some of my family do and as I said I see my local paper girl every morning with a huge bag so some people clearly do. And while you may not care about that feature it's nice to have the option. The sims 3 gave you the option to turn off the newspaper if you didn't want it, I prefer that to being told by EA "it's our way or the highway"

I used to work for one the biggest technology companies in the world, I'm by no way resistant to technology. I'm for choice in this game. Not "I don't like it so it shouldn't be there" I mean I know people are relying on cell phones these days but there are times for example when I wish my sims would get off their darn phones, it's annoying when say playing a decades challenge.

My sim kids and toddlers in 4 are independent. More than I would like. Leave food out or give kids a microwave and they take care of themselves.

Nope, I most definitely am not saying that. Yes, I know you don't care about those things, but again, this game isn't onky produced for you. And I've not once said the game is a bad game - I'm saying it could be better - or that I hate it. I want it to be better. However, if those things were missing from the game again, I would find it questionable. The Sims, as it progressed from the first game, became about so much more than just the Sims themselves - it was about the world around them too and the others that inhabited it. By stripping out a lot of those things that you mention, it loses sight of what it had become. And the open word 'complaint'? It's not a complaint, it's called feedback. I agree though, I don't think it's coming for TS4, but waiting until production of TS5 starts isn't going to solve anything especially since no one knows when production on a new game starts except for the developers.

Yes, TS4 did bring some great additions to the game, but to me (and probably some others too), they took way too much away. CAW, CASt, Open World - what's to compensate for taking them away? Emotions, multitasking, being able to run on lower end computers? I don't think they're in the same league as each other.

Wow! Your last paragraph is a tad bit condescending, but I'll overlook the barbs and respond. Depends what you consider middle-aged (side note: I know plenty of people that aren't middle-aged that read the newspaper, so age shouldn't be a factor here), but I am older than you are. And why shouldn't the option of having a newspaper being delivered be there? That's part of the problem - options have been taken away!

On the subject of technology, I think it's fantastic - in fact, I've been very vocal about the fact that I think the specs should be raised and higher from the beginning of the game (many don't agree with this) because today's technology should be taken advantage of. Imagine the game that we'd have then!

Well... TS4 has moved on with the times what do you want me to say? We should all read newspapers just to reminisce on how times used to be? No. Times move on, and technology advances society whether or not people choose to accept it. People used to think credit cards/debit cards were the mark of the beast... That's just asinine. Would you throw away your debit/credit cards? No... It just makes no sense. The specs should be raised and Thank god they finally raised em'. It was about time tbh.

I know the game isn't just produced for me, but I and many other simmers enjoy TS4. We all want TS4 to be better but complaining about things that won't change (i.e. open world) is just too much at this point in the game. And you're exactly right the open world made us focus on the world instead of just the sims which is why TS3 was pretty darn weak. And yeah I think the open world "feedback" is just a complaint because we all know it won't be added to this game. When they open TS5 threads it would make more sense for them to get up in arms about it over there.

CAW was buggy as all heck, and not user-friendly in any aspect. CAST was never in TS2 or TS1, and it's kind of not needed. We can just download Sim PE, or other package editors and change colors that way. I mean... We can't get our furniture in any color in real life... We make do. Emotions and multitasking are pretty solid. They do need tweaking but I think we're getting there! TS4 does not run on low end computers lol... We need to thank Ea instead of complaining all the time.
    p6tqefj
    Idontrcall wrote: »

Yes, please!

Technology is great, and should be taken advantage of!

Tradition is also great! -- Add newspapers back to the game :)
    Okay but if it was between newspaper coding and animations vs cars fully fleshed out with animations, and even repair shops which one would you want? It's a no-brainer.
    p6tqefj
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited December 2017

Yes, please!

Okay but if it was between newspaper coding and animations vs cars fully fleshed out with animations, and even repair shops which one would you want? It's a no-brainer.

I really don't think cars compare with newspapers (it seems cars with "fully fleshed out with animations, and even repair shops" would take a whole lot more time and resources to complete than newspapers). Maybe if you found something similar to newspaper delivery that we could compare?

There are no roads to drive cars in Sims 4, so I would probably pick newspapers to tell you the truth. It would be nice to read them, do crossword puzzles, make paper airplanes out of them, have a child NPC (newspaper delivery kid) for my children to interact with. Maybe there could be coupons in them again? Obituaries would be nice.

A lot of people in my neighborhood still get the newspaper. It's satisfying flipping through them over coffee.

Don't get me wrong -- I'd love to have both cars and newspapers...I just don't think the two can be fairly compared.

Edited to add:

Basically I would choose newspapers because each and every one of my households would interact with the newspaper. Not every household would have someone who wanted to fix up a car or take it to a repair shop for whatever reason since we probably wouldn't be able to actually drive them any where.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited December 2017

Yes, please!

Why does it have to be either or (not that these things are on the same level)? That seems to happen a lot with this iteration.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top