Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Fantastic year" ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
Hi,

It's not over yet but which year was the most "fantastic" for you ?

"Fantastic year" ? 115 votes

[2014] Basegame, FP01 HCP, Major patches: Ghost and Swimming pool
5%
SimsprocfunMorten8035JnyxBagoas77JennyggEnkiSchmidt 6 votes
[2015] EP01 GTW, EP02 GT, GP01 OR, GP02 SD, 4 SP, Major patches: Challenges and Newcrest
9%
cameronw209LeGardePourpredrake_mccartyg01denswanalanmichael1elelunicyfullspiralCementGeckogamesSimmslover22EnderGamer87 11 votes
[2016] EP03 CL, GP03 DO, 5 SP, Major patches: 16th Anniversary, Challenges, NPC services and CAS Gender
3%
OldeseadoggeNikNakSimTresamegalodonsimmer 4 votes
[2017] EP04 CD, GP04 V, GP05 P, 3 SP, Major patches: Toddler
81%
CK213icmnfrshBluefairy286Cabelle1863aelias24JBAG521VkittyVibseWritin_Regelanorbretonsimgirl1010friendlysimmersHelkkuliLadyDecafNeverSeemsToEndshygirlcatloverplayerKaeChan2089JoAnne65whyaccess 94 votes

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited December 2017
    [2015] EP01 GTW, EP02 GT, GP01 OR, GP02 SD, 4 SP, Major patches: Challenges and Newcrest
    I said 2015 because :

- There were 2 EP about my favorite themes : Aliens/Doctor/Detective and Dance club/DJ/Club
    - Spa Day is also my favorite Game Pack, I like to play new activities.
    - Spooky Stuff is my favorite Stuff Pack, I like all the costumes.
    - Newcrest is a nice world, it's empty but it let me build my own world.

Compared to 2016 (I like Gender Patch, City Living) and to 2017 (Parenthood), 2015 was more fantastic.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I'd say that, as far as really meaty, meaningful content is concerned, 2017 has been the best year so far. Mainly, this is because of the introduction of the new and improved Toddlers, the "Vampires" pack, and the "Parenthood" pack all adding stronger gameplay elements in terms of character development for our individual sims.

It was a close call, though, since 2016's gender patch has been a really fun addition to the game, and the clubs feature and the town of Windenburg from 2015's "Get Together" expansion are both really cool...but 2017 won out because there seemed to be more content released this year focusing on the individual sims themselves and how they can grow and evolve. Hopefully, this trend continues into 2018, with more content focused on developing our sims as individual virtual beings instead of just throwing a few more locals and items at us and saying, "Here ya go, kid, now scram until I need yah money again, see!"
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    The obvious. 2017. They made the life stages complete and brought in pets, also gave us the ability to vote on a pack that will eventually give us laundry, yes it won’t come until the new year but knowing it’s coming is what adds the fantastic to this year of sims releases. Also In general, sims 4 has experienced a better (ish) development year in that we got toddlers after two years, Were given vampires and a spooky little neighborhood to dwell in and a few new stuff packs along with cats and dogs which add more to the game as a whole. So yes the packs might not be as amazing as we hoped but in terms to what EA have dished out compared to the years before, it’s fantastic in regards to development.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    None tbh.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    From a builders point of view.... none! This version was obviously not meant for "experienced" builders. :(
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    For me there’s only one thing fantastically done in Sims 4 and that’s toddlers. And apart from my personal point of view, toddlers brought a lot of people back to the game so I think they made 2017 fantastic for EA as well. Teaching them a lesson I hope to never pull a trick like that ever again, leaving out something so important.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    2017 because Toddlers and Vampires!
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    The best year thusfar, though that doesn't count for much when it achieved "best year" status by being a 6/10.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Your abbreviations gave me a headache.
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    Any year that pre dates Sims 4
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    2015. 2017 could have been fantastic, but we have still too many bugs.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    Gotta go for 2017, I always liked Sims 4 for it's own reasons but I honestly could not stand the fact that babies are just some....of the laziest babies I've seen in a Sims game, and that's saying something when we have the babies in Sims 1. Heck, the babies in Sims 4 ARE the babies in Sims 1, just kind of sit there and turn into children.

Every other problem Sims 4 has? Yeah they're still there, but what's more important is the fact that in return we just got the best toddlers the series has ever seen! But I hate the Vampires pack.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    edited December 2017
    January 13th, 2017. I remember exactly where I was when I learned that toddlers had been added to the game. I was at Red Lobster picking up an order to go and couldn't wait to get home to play them and share in the excitement. <3

Sometimes I still can't believe we have these awesomely wonderful little sims in our game.
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    2017 because of the toddler patch. I had completely given up on toddlers ever coming back. My daughter texted me and I thought she was kidding. And not only did they come back, but the devs did such an amazing job on them too. Very well done.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Toddlers and Parenthood helped the game a great deal for me.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Strange that nobody likes 2016 with City Living, Dine Out and some of the best SPs. Not such a bad year!
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'd also add that these should be cut up into half-years. Q1 and Q2 of 2017 were fantastic. Q3 and Q4 not so much.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Toddlers, Vampires, Parenthood, and the roofs have been my favorite things for this year. I guess toddlers made me come back to the Sims 4. I still love to play the Sims 1, 2, and 3. So many good memories with those games and helps to look back with the Sims I think to help the franchise move forward. Like how can the Sims 4 improve this feature I loved from a previous game? They really did improve it with toddlers and vampires this year.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'd say it's a tie between 2017 and 2015 for me, but I picked 2015 in the poll because it's the obvious underdog... LOL

In 2015, I was in dire need of space for more families to play with, so having Newcrest was an absolute godsend. Also because I love GTW for the jobs and aliens. ...Although later that year was kinda bad for GTW considering how aliens are sorta unplayable for some because that alien glitch is still around wrecking genetics and I will forever be salty about that. ...Unless it's fixed.
    Justifying my "2015" answer, I guess I can say it's because of personal reasons too. I have fond memories of the whole "Get [expansion pack theme here]" jokes because the first two EPs were "Get to Work" and "Get Together," and everyone just absolutely screaming bloody murder at every single thing all over the forums, people losing their minds over the word "Toddler" that it had to be called the "dreaded t-word"
    ohh man
    the virtual pitchforks and horrible morale on the forums around that time was crazy. It seemed kind of dark at that point, especially when GT was announced and people were boycotting... What a year :joy:

2017 was good for this game because toddlers had everyone crying and screaming as well, but in a more positive light. Haha
    Parenthood and all the family related things really subdued the once angry crowd here. The forums are definitely much more calmer from what I could remember from before. Hehehe
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2017
    Strange that nobody likes 2016 with City Living, Dine Out and some of the best SPs. Not such a bad year!
    Doesn’t necessarily mean people don’t like those, they may like other things better?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited December 2017

2016 with 1 EP and 1 GP, even if the content was exciting it's difficult to be the favorite year
    when 2015 got 2 EP + 2 GP and 2017 got 1 EP + 2 GP
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited December 2017
    The year that gave (and still gives) me hope <3. In January, I had already uninstalled TS4. After reading that Rachael Franklin interview, it felt like closure to a long debate (at that time) and I had completely let the game go after a long time of brainstorming ideas in a thread and debating my thoughts on it all.

Then mid-to late January, I visited my older brother's house and my niece was in pure excitement. "Aunt Abby! Come look the sims 4 has toddlers!" lol. I didn't believe it, not even for one second. There were thousands of hype trains, hopes, dreams, detailed ideas that always seemed to fall on deaf ears. Even when they added the toddler thread, at first I honestly felt it was a way to give us false hope or to not be "negative" even though I've seen both sides guilty of it.

Anyway, I thought perhaps she came across an old article, or a "rumor" as we've grown accustomed to seeing as forum goers. But to my surprise, she didn't show me an article or a forum thread. She booted up her game, and clicked the tiniest sim icon in CAS and I couldn't believe my eyes. After all those years of brainstorming, debating, reading "why should toddlers be in the game?" and explaining my feelings about it. It felt like a dream come true.

When I showed my own 4 year old this, he was even excited lol. He was 2 and a half years old when TS4 was released, and I really felt sad that I couldn't create a mini sim like him. At a young age he always seemed so fascinated whenever he'd see me play my sim games :lol: . But in the same token it made me actually brainstorm things. The previous toddlers seemed pretty generic to me and comparing them to my son and my nieces when they were little and just how complex everyone is at that age. I'll never forget how so many simmers came together and really thought up of things at that time, not just about the complexity of toddlers, but generational play in general.

So when toddlers and the following addition of Parenthood was released, it felt like you could really see everyone's ideas, and relation to the real world. But it wasn't just a "realistic value" it actually benefited the game. For the first time we simmers can literary groom our sims from birth (well toodlerhood, but you get the idea :lol: ) and how a parent raises them will draw out how they'll be later, and possibly raise their kids (if they choose to). To me that was more than I could ever dream of from a game I had given up on.

C&D also has a couple of good points. I was a little disappointed by some things and wished it could have had more options. But In the end I'm happy that It did allow me grieve my late dog. Not to mention I'm happy for all the pet lovers out there.

In one thread, similar to what another simmer said in another thread "When the sim's 4 hit's a bad point, it hits rock bottom. But when it hit's a good point, it shoots beyond the stars"

2017 In my opinion was one of those years where it shot beyond the stars and granted the dreams of simmers who had nearly or fully lost all hope. <3
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    I was torn between 2016 and 2017... i loved City Living and the gender patch!
    HV83B28.png
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I don't there's any question that 2017 has been this game's strongest year.
  • cosmiccccosmiccc Posts: 32 Member
    > @cactusjuice said:
    > Any year that pre dates Sims 4

hjkvasfhja LMAO I CANT BREATHE