Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHY IS MY SIM GLOWING?!

124...Next

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Not sure what kind of laptop you played on previously, but on the Mac it has been narrowed down to CC by certain creators due to the way they make their CC. If you read in this thread, several people have found solutions that worked for them.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I have this too but not all the time, it's so weird. It doesn't happen every time I play the game, in fact more often than not it's okay. When starting the game everything looks normal, my sims do use CC but it looks how it should. It only occurs when my sim has a shower/sleeps (basically anything that means changing outfit and changing back again) and THEN they will glow. But as I said, it doesn't happen every time, just occasionally. I've tried changing one item at a time (hair, shirt etc) but it's hard to tell because they don't constantly glow.
  • SkyeFallSkyeFall Posts: 55 Member
    Turn off laptop mode thats what I do (Laptop mode means no little touch pad thing and only the mouse)
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    SkyeFall wrote: »
    Turn off laptop mode thats what I do (Laptop mode means no little touch pad thing and only the mouse)

Huh? Laptop mode has nothing to do with the trackpad or mouse, it is to do with game graphics and rendering for lower spec. machines.
    apple-signature.png
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    I was playing on Mac with laptop option off and my sims with cc were glowing. Not all of them, but many did. I've transferred my game to the gaming laptop and yesterday had to redress all the sims. Only did half, but didn't see any of them glowing so far.
  • bttrflygrl1994bttrflygrl1994 Posts: 5 New Member
    I just started having this problem today, but haven't added any new CC for at least a month. Only thing I did was to create a new Sims 4 folder and move my Mods/CC into that new mods folder. But it's the same mods and cc I was using before that I never had a problem with. So if you're saying I need to delete CC to fix this issue, I wouldn't know which CC to delete because I haven't had this issue before and have used all this CC before.
    Have you patched your game to the latest patch within the past couple of days? Did you move your CC/Mod before or after patching? The new patch and expansion are probably what is causing your CC/Mods to conflict with something that has not been updated.
    I just started having this problem today, but haven't added any new CC for at least a month. Only thing I did was to create a new Sims 4 folder and move my Mods/CC into that new mods folder. But it's the same mods and cc I was using before that I never had a problem with. So if you're saying I need to delete CC to fix this issue, I wouldn't know which CC to delete because I haven't had this issue before and have used all this CC before.

The update may have caused the issue to appear. CC may need updating too.

apple-signature.png
  • Beena0721Beena0721 Posts: 82 Member
    So I've had this issue in the past with CC for sims, and done all the things you're supposed to do to address it. But since the patch I've started having it with one of Katerina Lynx's cats from the EP. Could sim cc be causing this glitch on a pet? Does anyone have any ideas of what kind of cc might be causing it?
    Beena0721 wrote: »
    So I've had this issue in the past with CC for sims, and done all the things you're supposed to do to address it. But since the patch I've started having it with one of Katerina Lynx's cats from the EP. Could sim cc be causing this glitch on a pet? Does anyone have any ideas of what kind of cc might be causing it?

It’s not CC, it’s the collar on the cat and is listed in the bug post here - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13322755/#Comment_13322755

You can replicate it by putting Doc’s collar on another cat.
    apple-signature.png
  • bttrflygrl1994bttrflygrl1994 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > bttrflygrl1994 wrote: »
    >
    > I just started having this problem today, but haven't added any new CC for at least a month. Only thing I did was to create a new Sims 4 folder and move my Mods/CC into that new mods folder. But it's the same mods and cc I was using before that I never had a problem with. So if you're saying I need to delete CC to fix this issue, I wouldn't know which CC to delete because I haven't had this issue before and have used all this CC before.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The update may have caused the issue to appear. CC may need updating too.

I have so much CC, I wouldn't even know where to start to update it all. @_@ I've never had this issue before. I've been playing since Sims 4 came out.
    > @BluebellFlora said:
    > bttrflygrl1994 wrote: »
    >
    > I just started having this problem today, but haven't added any new CC for at least a month. Only thing I did was to create a new Sims 4 folder and move my Mods/CC into that new mods folder. But it's the same mods and cc I was using before that I never had a problem with. So if you're saying I need to delete CC to fix this issue, I wouldn't know which CC to delete because I haven't had this issue before and have used all this CC before.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The update may have caused the issue to appear. CC may need updating too.

I have so much CC, I wouldn't even know where to start to update it all. @_@ I've never had this issue before. I've been playing since Sims 4 came out.

There's no guarantee that CC and mods will always be compatible with the game, you use them at your own risk. Move them all out and then add them back in in small batches, loading the game after each batch to see if it works. When it stops working you know that the culprit is in that last batch. It's a simple process of elimination.
    apple-signature.png
  • 1m0s1m0s Posts: 1 New Member
    My sim only glows when it’s inside but it’s really annoying and I with so many different cc but it still shines I’ll try with base game clothes
    As @BluebellFlora said in her previous post, it's due to bad CC. Unfortunately, there are no programs made specifically to work on the Mac OS to eliminate the culprit. You'll have to manually add your CC back in small batches to determine which piece(s) cause this issue. EA/Maxis is aware of this issue, but since it is not caused by game content or the game itself, there is and will be no official fix.

You use Mods and CC at your own risk. And as new patches and new official content are released for the game, this can cause Mods and CC to "break" and no longer work. Older CC is probably your problem.