Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Food Preserves offers the most in-depth gameplay

13...Next

Comments

• JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    In the end, I voted for "Off the Grid" because it seemed like it went well with a theme of eco-living. But, it was a super hard decision to make because I really wanted the "Food Preserves" option too. Hopefully, one of those two themes will win. *fingers crossed* :)
  • Simmer_WillSimmer_Will Posts: 54 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Correct me @SimGuruGraham if Im wrong, but Nectar making would be no like at The Sims 3 World Adventures. No only because is is a Stuff pack, also because is not GP or EP, further packs will be no able to add new ingredients for nectar making

Remember than at TS3, some Supernatural plants an also University Life ones, can be used for Nectar Making

My guess would be that if they have a system in place like World Adventures where any harvestable can be used and the name of the nectar just changes, we could see any "normal" harvestable (i.e. new fruits) be able to be used, but that any exotic or supernatural harvestables would not work because they'd need some new gameplay.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Pallypoo wrote: »
    I agree about you, OP. Although I feel that "Food Preserves" fits better in a country life pack or farming pack. Both of those need to be Game packs with a bunch of items and features. I really liked that choice but didn't pick it, or laundry.

Actually, if you live off the grid or are poor then making your own food does fit perfectly and it is Eco friendly, which is why it is a choice, although why they added machines(which is not Eco at all)to the vote, was off the Eco topic. I loved the idea of the tubs and lines though.

OP, wow, is all that I can say. You really have thought this out more than most simmers would. Really neat ideas; the store ones & selling at stands, in particularly, caught my attention. I picked canning because the others, although entertaining, seemed like work and was described as work, whereas canning provides a way to make money and food for our sims. I hope canning wins, but if it doesn't, I hope the first one wins as it seemed a better feature for gameplay and a way to make a lifestyle. :)

• lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    I voted food preserves but it was difficult because I love both off the grid and food preserves. I just hope one of them wins cause I would rather have one of them instead of laundry right now cause I think it should be offer in GP or EP.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    not sure if the person who started this thread was aware but the sims one also had a nectar making option and we could grow grapes. I never played the sims 3 world adventures, so, I know I'm not getting it mixed up with the sims one. Plus, the link he shows to prove it was "first introduced" in the sims 3 even says that it was in the first sims game as part of making magic. While he doesn't mention it as being specific to the sims 3 I would also like to point out that canning and such were also available in games prior to the sims 3 and were included in actual game packs instead of as something separate like being from the sims 3 store. Now, I voted for the food option before reading this post, so, I think it's a great option, but I also think if you want to point out that laundry could go in its own pack, then so could the food stuff go in a farming related pack. My second choice would have been the off the grid one, which does seem to uniquely fit this pack if you want to choose an option that would not fit so well in another pack.

@AutumnBladen Well, nectar making came with the EP World Adventures. Canning/preserves came from the TS3 Store.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Imo I think both Canning/Nectar one and the Off the Grid one had the most in terms of largest gameplay opportunities. But I went with Freegan just cause it seemed more lined up to my interests/gameplay ideals, personally. Based on the forum responses, Freegan seems to be one of the least popular choices...?
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    not sure if the person who started this thread was aware but the sims one also had a nectar making option and we could grow grapes. I never played the sims 3 world adventures, so, I know I'm not getting it mixed up with the sims one. Plus, the link he shows to prove it was "first introduced" in the sims 3 even says that it was in the first sims game as part of making magic. While he doesn't mention it as being specific to the sims 3 I would also like to point out that canning and such were also available in games prior to the sims 3 and were included in actual game packs instead of as something separate like being from the sims 3 store. Now, I voted for the food option before reading this post, so, I think it's a great option, but I also think if you want to point out that laundry could go in its own pack, then so could the food stuff go in a farming related pack. My second choice would have been the off the grid one, which does seem to uniquely fit this pack if you want to choose an option that would not fit so well in another pack.

@AutumnBladen Well, nectar making came with the EP World Adventures. Canning/preserves came from the TS3 Store.

yes, i tried to say that exact same thing. I just pointed out that both were part of the game before the sims 3 as well.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I was between off the grid and canning and ultimately chose canning because i felt it had more possibilities. I'll be happy with whatever wins
  • KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    I really like the list of the OP of gameplay possibilities. It is nice to have an overview of this. It might help the developers to decide on the actual gameplay. I really hope canning and nectar making will be in the stuff pack, because I am now very enthousiastic for a nectar store.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I voted for this and Off the Grid, multiple times. The only thing laundry will add is some more actual cleaning for my butler to do lmao Since I aaaalways end up with a butler, since my Sims hate chores as much as I do.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • SlaeanaSlaeana Posts: 1 New Member
    This is Cool and All But Really how do you get a Necter Maker into your Nectory Building that you made is what im wondering cause i made a Nectory and cant put any Nector Makers in it from my Family Inventory HELP PLEASE> @Simmer_Will said:
    > I know the majority will likely vote for laundry since that's how the pack was initially described to us, and despite that obvious initial bias, I hope some of you can look objectively at the other options. I wanted to play devil's advocate on "Food Preserves" as I think it would offer the most detailed gameplay out of the 4 options.
    >
    > Nectar-Making
    >
    > The only option in the entire gameplay pack with an already established multi-level skill in prior games is Nectar-Making. First introduced in the Sims 3 World Adventures, nectar making offered players a new way to flesh out their gameplay for "farming", "gardening", "travelling" or "foodie" Sims. Not only did it give gardening more depth as it let players grow more crops for use outside of just cooking or fertilizer, it added a lot more to players who decided to become nectar collectors, nectar snobs, nectar sellers, etc.
    >
    > * Imagine the possibilities of nectar making in the Sims 4 so far...
    > * If you have Get to Work you can create a nectar store, which would create a really authentic level of gameplay for farmer sims. You could grow your own crops and have your Sims turn them into nectars which you could then sell at various levels depending on how they're aged.
    > * If you have Get Together you could make a nectar club, or have your Sims form a club and go on a nectar-tasting tour in a vineyard. Or you could make a club with club rules based on tending the garden and making nectar which could essentially make a nectar farmers club!
    > * If you have Dine Out you could have a multitude of homemade nectars on the menu for your fancier restaurants.
    > * If you have City Living you can sell your nectar with the vendor's table.
    > * If you have Outdoor Retreat you could make a Vineyard lot in Granite Falls and have your Sims take a nectar-tasting vacation, like you could in World Adventures
    > * If you have Vampires, you could make nectar out of plasma fruit and make plasma nectars!
    > * If you have Vintage Glamour Stuff, you could have your butlers serve you nectar or build a fancy wine cellar complete with globe bar and nectar racks.
    > * Imagine using the Get to Work harvestables and making Alien Nectar! Or using a trashplant and making trash nectar. Or using a cowplant berry and having Cowplant nectar! There's so much depth in this option for "wacky" gameplay too!
    >
    > Nectar Racks
    >
    >
    >
    > Nectar Racks are a great build item which can really enhance a basement, a mansion, or a farm/vineyard lot. It adds a level of detail that we have not yet seen in the Sims 4 in terms of farming gameplay.
    >
    > Canning & Preserving
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Available in prior games through the Sims 3 store. This item again allows for lots of additional gameplay for gardener Sims and offers a great activity for elders especially! The idea of having a garden that your family grows crops in, and then gives them to grandma to make homemade jam adds a great level of family gameplay!
    >
    > * If you gave Get to Work you can sell your preserves which again adds a great level of detail to farming gameplay. I.e. you could create your own Farmers Market by selling jams/preserves along with fresh harvestables and your own homemade nectars! Or you could create a bakery that sells homemade preserves as well as baked goods!
    > * If you have Get Together, you can have an elders only club where you have your elder Sims gather and make their own jams and preserves. Or you could make a farming club where Sims come together to tend garden and make preserves!
    > * If you have Dine Out, you could make a restaurant that specializes in high tea featuring scones with jam, toast with jam along with other delicious treats
    > * If you have Vampires you could preserve plasma fruit so that you always have a good supply ready for your thirsty vampires
    > * If you have Parenthood you could encourage your Teens to build their gardening skill and then influence them to make jam, teaching them responsibility!
    > * If you have Outdoor Retreat and Get to Work you could build a rustic cannery or general store where your Sims could visit and purchase fresh homemade harvestables and jams.
    >
    >
    > Superfood Harvestable Plant
    > Having a superfood plant would add a lot of gameplay for Sims who are health-conscious, foodies or hipsters. Sure it's fine to be a vegetarian Sim, but what if you could be a vegetarian who refuses to eat anything but food with Superfood added to it! There's a lot of gameplay hidden behind such an innocuous feature.
    >
    > * If you have Get to Work you could create a health food store where all you sell is superfood harvestables and meals with superfood added to them
    > * If you have Outdoor Retreat you could have a Sim who practices Herbalism but also is a health nut and grows superfood as well.
    > * If you have Get Together/Fitness Stuff, you could have a club where your Sims workout and hangout on a lot where they eat superfood, or drink superfood nectar/smoothies/juices.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > TL;DR I know that it's easy to brush off the other features in favour of laundry, but I think we'd be better off saving Laundry for an EP/GP that can have it as one of its minor features, but having an SP focused entirely on eco-friendly gameplay it makes sense to include gameplay features with this much gameplay!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Slaeana wrote: »
    This is Cool and All But Really how do you get a Necter Maker into your Nectory Building that you made is what im wondering cause i made a Nectory and cant put any Nector Makers in it from my Family Inventory HELP PLEASE> @Simmer_Will said:
    > I know the majority will likely vote for laundry since that's how the pack was initially described to us, and despite that obvious initial bias, I hope some of you can look objectively at the other options. I wanted to play devil's advocate on "Food Preserves" as I think it would offer the most detailed gameplay out of the 4 options.
    >
    > Nectar-Making
    >
    > The only option in the entire gameplay pack with an already established multi-level skill in prior games is Nectar-Making. First introduced in the Sims 3 World Adventures, nectar making offered players a new way to flesh out their gameplay for "farming", "gardening", "travelling" or "foodie" Sims. Not only did it give gardening more depth as it let players grow more crops for use outside of just cooking or fertilizer, it added a lot more to players who decided to become nectar collectors, nectar snobs, nectar sellers, etc.
    >
    > * Imagine the possibilities of nectar making in the Sims 4 so far...
    > * If you have Get to Work you can create a nectar store, which would create a really authentic level of gameplay for farmer sims. You could grow your own crops and have your Sims turn them into nectars which you could then sell at various levels depending on how they're aged.
    > * If you have Get Together you could make a nectar club, or have your Sims form a club and go on a nectar-tasting tour in a vineyard. Or you could make a club with club rules based on tending the garden and making nectar which could essentially make a nectar farmers club!
    > * If you have Dine Out you could have a multitude of homemade nectars on the menu for your fancier restaurants.
    > * If you have City Living you can sell your nectar with the vendor's table.
    > * If you have Outdoor Retreat you could make a Vineyard lot in Granite Falls and have your Sims take a nectar-tasting vacation, like you could in World Adventures
    > * If you have Vampires, you could make nectar out of plasma fruit and make plasma nectars!
    > * If you have Vintage Glamour Stuff, you could have your butlers serve you nectar or build a fancy wine cellar complete with globe bar and nectar racks.
    > * Imagine using the Get to Work harvestables and making Alien Nectar! Or using a trashplant and making trash nectar. Or using a cowplant berry and having Cowplant nectar! There's so much depth in this option for "wacky" gameplay too!
    >
    > Nectar Racks
    >
    >
    >
    > Nectar Racks are a great build item which can really enhance a basement, a mansion, or a farm/vineyard lot. It adds a level of detail that we have not yet seen in the Sims 4 in terms of farming gameplay.
    >
    > Canning & Preserving
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Available in prior games through the Sims 3 store. This item again allows for lots of additional gameplay for gardener Sims and offers a great activity for elders especially! The idea of having a garden that your family grows crops in, and then gives them to grandma to make homemade jam adds a great level of family gameplay!
    >
    > * If you gave Get to Work you can sell your preserves which again adds a great level of detail to farming gameplay. I.e. you could create your own Farmers Market by selling jams/preserves along with fresh harvestables and your own homemade nectars! Or you could create a bakery that sells homemade preserves as well as baked goods!
    > * If you have Get Together, you can have an elders only club where you have your elder Sims gather and make their own jams and preserves. Or you could make a farming club where Sims come together to tend garden and make preserves!
    > * If you have Dine Out, you could make a restaurant that specializes in high tea featuring scones with jam, toast with jam along with other delicious treats
    > * If you have Vampires you could preserve plasma fruit so that you always have a good supply ready for your thirsty vampires
    > * If you have Parenthood you could encourage your Teens to build their gardening skill and then influence them to make jam, teaching them responsibility!
    > * If you have Outdoor Retreat and Get to Work you could build a rustic cannery or general store where your Sims could visit and purchase fresh homemade harvestables and jams.
    >
    >
    > Superfood Harvestable Plant
    > Having a superfood plant would add a lot of gameplay for Sims who are health-conscious, foodies or hipsters. Sure it's fine to be a vegetarian Sim, but what if you could be a vegetarian who refuses to eat anything but food with Superfood added to it! There's a lot of gameplay hidden behind such an innocuous feature.
    >
    > * If you have Get to Work you could create a health food store where all you sell is superfood harvestables and meals with superfood added to them
    > * If you have Outdoor Retreat you could have a Sim who practices Herbalism but also is a health nut and grows superfood as well.
    > * If you have Get Together/Fitness Stuff, you could have a club where your Sims workout and hangout on a lot where they eat superfood, or drink superfood nectar/smoothies/juices.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > TL;DR I know that it's easy to brush off the other features in favour of laundry, but I think we'd be better off saving Laundry for an EP/GP that can have it as one of its minor features, but having an SP focused entirely on eco-friendly gameplay it makes sense to include gameplay features with this much gameplay!

That vote and idea is long gone. Laundry won - and that's the end of that sorry. Doesn't matter what some of us think - it was voted on and the majority picked laundry. From my understanding the other pack teams were not considering any of the ideas that were offered in this pack for gps or eps - and why Graham offered them - but unfortunately only one idea could win - and it did - laundry. So time to move on and forget it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....