Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is S4PE safe to use?

This is probably a dumb question. I'm only starting a thread cause i couldn't find any threads to comment on.

I Wanted to make mods/cc, and decided to start with the trait factory. I Made a trait but it wasn't working so i found out i needed S4PE. I Downloaded it from here

https://github.com/Kuree/Sims4Tools/releases (also making sure i have the right website)
I Tried to activate it but it said:

"The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this program?"

I'm probably just being paranoid, but in case there is something wrong with the application, i'm asking.
pN7cZBV.gif
Just vibing...
Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!

Comments

• KodekPLKodekPL Posts: 6 New Member
    Hey!

Well first, the website you linked does state that it is the wrong website. Go here: github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4Tools/releases

And I don't know how much my word counts, but it is safe and I use it all the time.
    You can always consider using Sims4Studio instead.
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    @KodekPL Thank you for your help! I Went and redownloaded it from the right website. :)
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited November 2017
    Don't worry, the person in charge of the project at the moment has been a member of the sims community for years and years and is also a staff member at ModTheSims, so a safe pair of hands. Of course at this point I do need to add there is always some danger in *using* the modding tools - that danger is that you can make something with them that could spoil things in your game. But the tool itself won't attack your computer or anything :)