Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Register the game!

2...Next

Comments

• NumerouseNumerouse Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    I have a similar problem. I recently bought the sims 3 generations and supernatural expansion pack. I tried to register them on the sims 3 website but it said that the serial code i entered was invalid. And i know i didnt type it wrong, the code is literally sitting right in front of my face :? And with he supernatural expansion pack, it came with a plants and zombies fan pack, and i cant register that either. It just kep saying the serial code was invalid.
  • kyla1610kyla1610 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I know this thread is super old and i hope someone responds, but i have the same thing happening to me.. I just bought late night, high end loft stuff and fast lane stuff today from Origin and it says i have invalid codes..? why? can i not register them now? is there anything i can do?
  • frasian122frasian122 Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I can't stress this enough: do the live chat! I fixed this same issue in 10 minutes or less. He issued me a new serial number and I was good to go in no time!

Just go through a few motions till it directs you to the live chat option here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
  • fatesjestfatesjest Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    frasian122,
    Thanks for the helpful feedback!
  • CKakashiRulesCKakashiRules Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    what you do is go to my page, scroll down until you get to the my worlds rewards section, under it click register a game, then you put in the code :mrgreen:
  • nikkholstnikkholst Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    i just bought the sims 3 .. ive been trying to register it on here and it keeps saying its invalid .. i'm upset because i just spent money on this how do i fix it?! did anyone get any answers??
  • angelrocks123angelrocks123 Posts: 10
    edited February 2014
    I have the same problem. I did the download version of world adventures and it wont let my register it and wont give me my 1000 simpoints as promised on Origin
  • oliviahale1oliviahale1 Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    I had the problem of not having a good serial code for the base game when I got it too it was a while back but I think it said it was aready in use or something so I phoned EA or Origin I can't remember but a customer services thing and they let me have the online downloaded one instead of the disc one and they gave me a new serial code and it worked fine.
  • SangheliAnimaSangheliAnima Posts: 4
    edited June 2014
    Has anyone managed to resolve this?

I cannot register my games for the life of me... always invalid :/
  • sjohnson99sjohnson99 Posts: 1 New Member
    Unfortunately I did not get as great a service as others which is upsetting but hey kudos to some y'all. Here's my conversation with help:
    [i][b]Suraj[/b]: Thanks for holding, my name's Suraj, with Electronic Arts. I'll be just one more moment as I go over your case notes, then we can get started.
    [b]Suraj[/b]: Hello there!
    [b]Suraj[/b]: Can I get your name to address you better?
    [b]you[/b]: Sara
    [b]Suraj[/b]: Nice to meet you Sara. How may I help you today?
    [b]you[/b]: Hi, I'm trying to add Sims 3 Supernatural onto my Origins Account but it keeps telling me I have an invalid Code.
    [b]Suraj[/b]: Alright, Do not worry, I am here to help you.
    [b]Suraj[/b]: Could you please give me that code?
    [b]you[/b]: Yes it's FBUL-3R59-52B8-9KFU-CBY4
    [b]Suraj[/b]: As I can see that this code has been redeemed in some other account , Could you please give me all your possible emails?
    [b]you[/b]: (listed emails here)
    [b]you[/b]: I had ordered this off of Amazon from Electronic Arts what I thought was new, a couple of months ago. I haven't been able to touch it until now.
    [b]Suraj[/b]: I am afraid as the code has been linked to a different account. None of the emails you provided matched the email address of this account.
    [b]you[/b]: Oh ok. Am I going to have to buy this game a second time?
    [b]Suraj[/b]: I really wish to help you Sara however without account verification we are not suppose to tell any information about the account
    [b]you[/b]: I realise that and I'm thankful for your help and time. I'm just clarifying​ though that I'm going to have to buy another copy to be able to access the game through origin right? I've got a hard copy of the game but I prefer to add them onto my origin account too.
    [b]Suraj[/b]: Yes you may have to buy.
    [b]you[/b]: Oh ok well thank you for your time and help.
    [b]Suraj[/b]: You are most welcome my [/i]friend.Thankyou for your support and co-operation in this chat. I really appreciate that.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @sjohnson99 - I don't mean to sound unkind, but I'm also not sure what you expected Customer Support to do in this case. Games and EP/SPs can only be registered to one user. If you acquired what amounts to a used game or game code, or a code that was sold multiple times, your recourse would be with the re-seller. EA did not, if this is the case, receive anything from you or the re-seller as a result of the original purchase.

If you were the one who actually registered the code and can't remember which address it could possibly have been registered under, that would be a bit different but doesn't sound like the case here.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net