Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you prepare your Sims for Cats & Dogs?

Comments

• KayosCatalystKayosCatalyst Posts: 313 Member
    I'm currently holding out on moving out my current household so they can live in Brindleton Bay, however the twins are growing fast and I want them to have their own rooms so I'm contemplating moving them to a bigger apartment as a go-between.
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Most of mine are just ready and waiting!

Decided my legacy family can wait until the next heiress (currently a child) is a young adult, going to try max all her character values and get her to be a vet. Then I will have her adopt a few furry friends.

The sims on my rotational save just need them now! One has been on hold ages! Want them to try for a family but I would like a puppy to grow up with the children.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Most of my houdeholds are all ready and waiting!

I'm currently playing (rotationally) The Sims 3 Pets, The Sims Medieval and one family from The Sims 4. Well, I've been trying to complete as many aspirations as I can in the span of a Sim's life, in The Sims 4 I mean. Currently, this family consists of a widow (her husband tragically died while attending their Cow Plant, hehehe), her teenage son and their -still a child- daughter. I was meaning to hold them off until the release of C&D, but then I decided to play one or two generations more. So, yes, here I am now...
  • Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    I'm actually starting my game over entirely. I'm currently getting my neighbourhood all set up with the sort of look I want for it and playing my Vampire save while I wait. I have to admit, I'm really excited for this pack purely because it'll be nice to have pets in the game again.

This is going to be a long three weeks.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Well, In my story the sim I am playing is working in a hospital, so eventually i'll want her to be trained to be a vet, etc. But, she's saving money and building her skills until she's ready to move to brindleton bay.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I have 8 (4 couples) sims ready to move to BB and get some pets. They are currently all teenagers and very close friends. They have a club together and hang out at the Bluffs quite often.
    I made a plan for all of them and all and at this point they are so ready to turn into YA and I am so ready to get Cats and Dogs that I can't really play anymore.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • MgalbMgalb Posts: 62 Member
    The household I'm planning on playing is just saving money tp move from their run fown apartment to brindleton bay. It's an older sister taking care of her little sister and I can't wait for them to get a puppy.
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I have ADHD etc so I get bored super quick sadly, it seems like I can't get past 2-3 gens without making a whole new family.

Right now I'm on gen 1; dad business invester, mom a doctor, they both have two twin teenage boys, a little girl, and a toddler. I am letting them all age normally. To make room for pets when the teens get older they can live in an apartment together. The parents are living in a 4 bedroom 2 & a half bath house currently.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I am currently playing a side-save and building apartments to be placed in San Myshuno. I have different tray-folders for sims and lots. Now I will make a new tray just for different apartments so I can easily place new ones that I like in the game.

Will probably be playing this save for quite a while since I won't be able to play my main save until Cats&Dogs has shipped and MCCC and my main mods have been updated. My sim-cycle is going online to get a specific Game Pack or Expansion and the new SP:s that suit me. Go through all the mods and my five pieces of CC and then cut off the internet-acces until the next Gampe Pack comes a few months later.
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Right, now my legacy heiress is just ready to become a vet now.. so now I need something new to do for 2 weeks!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I'm playing a legacy too. Made it to generation 2, and they are ready for the new world. Two adults, three daughters, plus a cat. My finger is always on the pause button. Now with Cats and Dogs, my finger might as well be glued to the pause in case I need to make a quick stop to something (like doing dishes in the bathroom sink! So annoying)
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    I have two main families in my game that I adore, I already know what pets they will have <3 and where I will be putting their beds etc.. I just can't wait for CC already haha.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • AlouetteDunsmoreAlouetteDunsmore Posts: 260 Member
    My sims' twin girls have been begging for pets ever since they aged up to children, so they each will be choosing a pet from the shelter to bring home. Their oldest daughter, the twins' big sister, has been contemplating becoming a vet once she graduates.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Well not sure if teens can have pets, so i'll most likly be aging up my teen living on her own so she could adopt a cat.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Only yesterday I had a lovely idea for the C&D EP. I was thinking of creating a single mother with two teenage daughters relatively close in age. A couple of Sim weeks later, the mother would tragically die in an accident (not sure how I'll do it because I don't like watching my Sims dying, even though it inadvertently fits to many of my stories) a little bit after the eldest daughter ages to a young adult. Then I want to guide Amelia (the eldest daughter, the other one will be called Melody) into becoming a Veterinarian and running a Vet Clinic, so I can discover everything this career has to offer. I don't have any particular plans for Melody yet, but feel free to suggest me anything that comes in mind, friends! I'm thinking of making the two siblings act as rivals up to a point, but I'm not sure about how it'll play out.

I just watched the newest trailer that centers around the Vet Clinic and I'm satisfied that the business system will be like the one we have with restaurants. I truly hope they've improved the waiting times and the whole employers/employees system, because there were many bugs and glitches in the Dine Out GP. The Vet Clinic in the trailer looked pretty huge and I've got my fingers crossed that they'll have it in the Gallery when the EP is released, so I can download it. It seemed so pretty!

Any ideas about stories focused on strays and adoption, friends? I've been thinking of a Stray Challenge, what do you think about it (adopting as many strays, either dogs or cats or both, as you can)?
  • danishmuffindanishmuffin Posts: 82 Member
    I have ADHD etc so I get bored super quick sadly, it seems like I can't get past 2-3 gens without making a whole new family.

Right now I'm on gen 1; dad business invester, mom a doctor, they both have two twin teenage boys, a little girl, and a toddler. I am letting them all age normally. To make room for pets when the teens get older they can live in an apartment together. The parents are living in a 4 bedroom 2 & a half bath house currently.

Same! I just started a legacy recently and I lost interest within the first few days of gameplay. :( It makes me sad that the only thing I can really focus on usually is CAS.

---

Right now I'm deleting all of the townies in a new save and making townies that I'm interested in. So far I have an old hippie lady who wears bright blue and lives in a trailer surrounded by a ton of clutter and colorful flowers (she's going to have cats probably. or maybe i'll switch it up and make her a crazy dog lady), a wealthy (evil) politician and her family, the wealthy politician's estranged daughter, a creepy vampire and his wife, and I just finished a really cute Orthodox Jewish family.

Idk if I'm going to have time to redo the worlds to my liking before the new game comes out, but I'm having a lot of fun making families that pique my interest!
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    In my game, My main sim and his husband are planning a move to Brindleton Bay after their teen daughter got into some trouble. They believe that the city isn't a good place to raise the teen and the triplets the surrogate surprised them with.
  • Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    I'm so excited for Cats and Dogs! At the moment, my current household consists of a teenage boy and a little girl, along with their mother and stepfather, who just recently had a baby boy. I'm trying to age up the little girl to a YA before Cats and Dogs is released.

I'm planning on getting her to fall in love with her best friend/neighbour. They'll move to Brindleton Bay together and adopt a cat or two, and maybe a dog when they have more money. I'll also make sure they have their own pool so the dog can go swimming! One of them will become a vet and I'm not sure about the other one yet, she might own her own cupcake business.
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • LoeflosLoeflos Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey all!

I have been bored with TS4 in a while and are wondering if you have any new game/storyline ideas for the new expansion pack? Right now I'm thinking about 1 Sim who starts in Brindleton Bay and wants to become a vet and just see how I can connect her with the new townies. But I would love to hear your storylines
    I'm also going to give most of the existing townies in my packs pets when the new pack comes out. Do you have any fun ideas? Would love to hear some of them!
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I love your avatar <3 pancake gnome!

I'm editing my worlds to clean up some space so I can fill it with new pets friendly houses and lots. I'm going to do some serious renovation on my beach cottages in WB island, redecorating with the new coastal items and some of my victorian houses will get much better with the new roof. I'm much more excited about the BB, but I'm looking forward for pets too!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I always start a new save titled the world name.
  • AliraAlira Posts: 169 Member
    edited November 2017
    guys how do you tell how many sims I currently have in my game? I don't want the game to erase my children and grandchildren. It will be awefull for me to start my family tree all over. I would like to know how to prevent this catastrophe? I'm a mother of many children in The Sims 4!!
    tumblr_lmunod9VCw1qhfp08o1_500.gif
  • Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    edited November 2017
    Alira wrote: »
    guys how do you tell how many sims I currently have in my game? I don't want the game to erase my children and grandchildren. It will be awefull for me to start my family tree all over. I would like to know how to prevent this catastrophe? I'm a mother of many children in The Sims 4!!

There will be a new culling option in the update before Cats and Dogs where you can prevent culling at all.
    No Culling and you can flag your favorite households too pretend them from culling.
  • AliraAlira Posts: 169 Member
    Madachan88 wrote: »

There will be a new culling option in the update before Cats and Dogs where you can prevent culling at all.
    No Culling and you can flag your favorite households too pretend them from culling.

Thanks a lot!!!

tumblr_lmunod9VCw1qhfp08o1_500.gif
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I created an apartment for a female spy with a cat months ago, even before I knew for sure that pets were coming, and left a few empty spaces here and there to put cat objects once the pack comes out. Now all I have to do is create the cat, move them in, and have fun! :)

When I heard about the vet clinic, I didn't think I was going to be interested in it, but ever since I saw the live stream, I can't wait to run it myself. I've already made plans for a family of vets in Brindleton Bay.