Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Eat Leftovers" Option Should Come Back

This is minor but I really miss the "eat leftover" option in the previous iteration Sims 3. It's annoying that you have to "Open" the fridge to click on the food to eat leftovers. I know it's a small and weird thing to miss, but yeah.
▼add/follow▼
●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀

Comments

• YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    I'm with you.
    I find the fridge options a bit more confusing/disorganized.
    or maybe is it TOO organized?

-Yarden.
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    I think the pie for the fridge should be tweaked more. Don't understand why there's a "have [meal of time]..." when basically we can choose the same through "cook..." and with the whole recipes available to us. I believe the pie menu will be more concise cutting those unnecessary options down.
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    This is minor but I really miss the "eat leftover" option in the previous iteration Sims 3. It's annoying that you have to "Open" the fridge to click on the food to eat leftovers. I know it's a small and weird thing to miss, but yeah.

Yes! Opening the fridge every time is so annoying.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,547 Member

YES YES YES! This is a daily annoyance for me, especially when playing a house full of sims and you have to open the fridge for every single one of them!

And before anyone tells me I can just click on their hunger and they will sort themselves out - I know this, but I like to choose exactly what they are eating for breakfast etc.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,587 Member
    I think the pie for the fridge should be tweaked more. Don't understand why there's a "have [meal of time]..." when basically we can choose the same through "cook..." and with the whole recipes available to us. I believe the pie menu will be more concise cutting those unnecessary options down.

The have meal time option is for lazy people who just want their sim to eat something real quick and not care about what exactly the meal is. The cook option is when you want to choose your own meal from the whole list. I know it's kinda unnecessary to repeat the same dishes for both options but I think it will be too much work to tweak the fridge menu. Plus, the cook option (fridge menu) allows you to make meals for even 8 sims which is something the normal "have meal time/serve meal time" options can't give.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited October 2017
    Select the Sims needs, hover over the hunger need, and click on the icon with the fork and knife. Doing this will make the Sim automatically eat any food that is in the fridge, and if there isn't any food inside the fridge, they will make their own. This also works with every need.

But yeah, the fridge menu is very complicated.
    Post edited by SimDestroyer on
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    I second that! Opening the fridge and looking for leftovers is a hassle especially if you store your fresh produce in it, which I do (hate cluttered inventories :s ). It'd just be a simple option on the pie chart, I really do hope they'll tweak it for us or someone will make a mod.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2017

LOL, I want all choices. I've been playing TS2 and I was annoyed because I couldn't just open the fridge and just get the mac and cheese without having to take out the whole bowl as in 'get leftovers' I wanted 'eat mac and cheese' lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    Select the Sims needs, hover over the hunger need, and click on the icon with the fork and knife. Doing this will make the Sim automatically eat any food that is in the fridge, and if there isn't any food inside the fridge, they will make their own. This also works with every need.

That's what I do when I don't feel like opening the fridge and telling my Sims to eat a specific thing. I just wish they'd autonomously pick meal-appropriate foods. Like, they should go for breakfast scramble in the morning, not at 7PM. But it's kinda whatever.
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    The have meal time option is for lazy people who just want their sim to eat something real quick and not care about what exactly the meal is. The cook option is when you want to choose your own meal from the whole list. I know it's kinda unnecessary to repeat the same dishes for both options but I think it will be too much work to tweak the fridge menu. Plus, the cook option (fridge menu) allows you to make meals for even 8 sims which is something the normal "have meal time/serve meal time" options can't give.

Ah, I see, very well then. I like that there're options to cook for 1, 4, and 8 portions or meals as well!

• EmoFlowersEmoFlowers Posts: 325 Member

This used to work for me, but more often than not they'll just go make new food. There will be a full 8 servings of scrambled eggs, 5 servings of fruit salad, and 2 servings of BLT, and instead of grabbing any of those, they go make something. It's obnoxious when I go to clean out the fridge and there're 6 spoiled fish tacos. :lol: Like guys. Come on.
    Plus, I'm unsure if this is a bug or just some bad tweaking - but if I click on the fork icon on a vegetarian sim, she'll go to the fridge and sometimes will pick up something with meat in it. Of course you feel sick, you doof, you're a vegetarian and you ate Lobster. :tired_face:
    !! Mermaids !!

RIP Princess (July 4, 2001 - January 11, 2016)
    RIP Misha (May 1, 2011 - July 2, 2016)
  • ShuffleJShuffleJ Posts: 273 Member

It's not minor. It's part of the immersion of the game as a life SIMULATION. It's one of the many things missing from this game. I was just thinking about leftovers today.
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I agree! Also I noticed here lately that my Sim will cook and as soon as she's done she will put it right into the fridge even though there's counter space available, it really irks me because then I have to open the fridge and drag the food out onto the counter. I don't know if it's the last update or what, but it seems like my Sims are taking forever to do anything, and I'll direct my Sim to put my toddler in the high chair to feed and then they'll get a plate / sit down to eat only to have to automatically get up to let the toddler out. I'm constantly feeling rushed now, everything seems to take so long, I can't explain it but things have changed that's for sure. :/
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    Welp. This option has broken. Last I played, if you clicked "have leftovers" it would come up with a menu of everything you had in the fridge to select from. NOW. It just lets them pull random junk out of the fridge! REALLY irking me lately. Especially since I make breakfast and PB&J sandwiches ahead of time... for a specific time, and now Sims are just helping themselves to whatever. Mac n cheese for breakfast!? >:(
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited November 2017
    @s_stutler
    s_stutler wrote: »
    Welp. This option has broken. Last I played, if you clicked "have leftovers" it would come up with a menu of everything you had in the fridge to select from. NOW. It just lets them pull random junk out of the fridge! REALLY irking me lately. Especially since I make breakfast and PB&J sandwiches ahead of time... for a specific time, and now Sims are just helping themselves to whatever. Mac n cheese for breakfast!? >:(

works for me smoothly

by clicking Fridge :
    Eat Leftovers = SIM, grab what you want
    Open Fridge = PLAYER, choose what the sim should eat

by clicking sim's needs icon = SIM, grab what you want

so,
    all options are there
    you have just to learn to use them

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    s_stutler wrote: »

Isn't it supposed to be like that? In my game my Sims do pick something random when clicking "have leftovers". And I can serve them what I want when I open the fridge.
    But I still want the way in TS3 where you can pick what they eat when you click "have leftovers". But this is an improvement!
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    ??? My game has the "Get Leftovers" option now.
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
  • MissEbzieMissEbzie Posts: 22 Member
    [quote="missmani09;c-16183852"]??? My game has the "Get Leftovers" option now. [/quote]
    Mine does too. I’m sure this thread helped make that happen, so thank you!!
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    missmani09 wrote: »
    ??? My game has the "Get Leftovers" option now.

It wasn't there before at the time I originally posted this. It was nonexistent.
    MissEbzie wrote: »
    Mine does too. I’m sure this thread helped make that happen, so thank you!!

Haha, I noticed it after the Cats & Dogs patch they added it. I was ecstatic.

▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀