Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should be the upgrades for the W&D? (Handiness)

Washer and Dryer for short in the title. XD Since I've seen suggestions for anything for this pack... I planned a new suggestion for this idea. Since I like upgrades to make things easier in your home. Bring your ideas/suggestions here for the Simmers who likes the Handiness. ;-)

Unbreakable is the most obvious, but I was thinking some special addiction for these appliances like Faster Washing/Drying cause I'm thinking we're getting one type of these machines. In Sims 3, only the washer can have different speeds to clean depending on the model you buy. Dryers can't be upgraded at all. And also in the Sims 3 again, the unique upgrade for the machine is the Clean Polymer Injection System which makes Fresh Clothing moodlets longer, but that upgrade was a little too strong. Meaning that if you washed too frequently, that moodlet never goes away and your Sims stayed too happy for too long, and if your hygiene was too low and change your clothes at anytime, it refills 3/4 of the hygiene motive. Too strong.

So what your thoughts and ideas for suggestions for unique upgrades? I brought up the Faster Washing/Drying upgrade, which I believe that's gonna the other obvious option. XD

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    [Both] Run Quietly - Like the dishwasher. Great for when the machines are in your kitchen and you have an open-plan living space.
    [Both] Faster Cycle - Reduction in time taken for each load.
    [Dryer] Add Dryer Balls - Extra softness, adds time/strength to happy moodlet of clothes or clothes help reduce Uncomfortable moodlets.
    [Wash] Auto-Soap Dispenser - Takes less time to load the washer as you don't need to add detergent/softener etc to the machine.
    [Wash] All-in-One - Upgrade the washing machine to a washer/dryer so you only require one appliance and don't need to switch machines to dry stuff.

Will come back if I think of more.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    an upgrade that would be good is wash and dry or spin clothes only if the wash tub was use to wash clothes
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited October 2017
    I think it would be cool if the dryer would accept mood-enhancing scented (fabric softener) dryer sheets: one scent for happy, one scent for flirty, one scent for playful, one scent for confident, one scent for inspired, and one scent for focused. Alternatively, the washer could accept additives to the washing machine: as a mischievous prank you could even use one for angry.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    I think it would be cool if the dryer would accept mood-enhancing scented (fabric softener) dryer sheets: one scent for happy, one scent for flirty, one scent for playful, one scent for confident, one scent for inspired, and one scent for focused. Alternatively, the washer could accept additives to the washing machine: as a mischievous prank you could even use one for angry.

HECK YEAH!

EmmaVane wrote: »
    [Both] Run Quietly - Like the dishwasher. Great for when the machines are in your kitchen and you have an open-plan living space.
    [Both] Faster Cycle - Reduction in time taken for each load.
    [Dryer] Add Dryer Balls - Extra softness, adds time/strength to happy moodlet of clothes or clothes help reduce Uncomfortable moodlets.
    [Wash] Auto-Soap Dispenser - Takes less time to load the washer as you don't need to add detergent/softener etc to the machine.
    [Wash] All-in-One - Upgrade the washing machine to a washer/dryer so you only require one appliance and don't need to switch machines to dry stuff.
    . . .

These are GREAT suggestions I likey
    InsaneStar wrote: »
    Unbreakable is the most obvious, but I was thinking some special addiction for these appliances like Faster Washing/Drying cause I'm thinking we're getting one type of these machines. In Sims 3, only the washer can have different speeds to clean depending on the model you buy. Dryers can't be upgraded at all. And also in the Sims 3 again, the unique upgrade for the machine is the Clean Polymer Injection System which makes Fresh Clothing moodlets longer, but that upgrade was a little too strong. Meaning that if you washed too frequently, that moodlet never goes away and your Sims stayed too happy for too long, and if your hygiene was too low and change your clothes at anytime, it refills 3/4 of the hygiene motive. Too strong . . .

You are correct, Unbreakable IS the most obvious. I like your other suggestions also.

• Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member

I think a Save Water cycle would be a good little upgrade, and it would lower the bills. You could also use it as a Dryer upgrade Save Energy cycle with the same effect as Save Water and they could be stacked (the bill savings.)
    Extra Spin Cycle could reduce the amount of water left in the clothes and they would take less time to dry, in the dryer and on the clothes line.
    Self Cleaning upgrade would be good too, I don't know about you but I have had to clean my washing machine on more than one occasion because after a while the inside begins to stink.
    I think it would be great if the dryer had the *Remove Lint* or *Clean Lint Filter* option. Otherwise there is a percentage chance of fire from using the dryer.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Never Breaks upgrade
    a256aFi.gif
  • KaizenmommyKaizenmommy Posts: 36 Member
    These suggestions actually make me excited about laundry now. I hope some/many/all of them get implemented. Wonderful suggestions, everyone!
    Chronic re-starter. Currently playing The Super Sim Challenge with my Simself (subject to change if I get the slightest "ooh, squirrel!" whim. Author IRL: my Amazon best-selling book.
  • ScouterRakshaScouterRaksha Posts: 12 New Member
    Spiral stair cases, balconies! ... Maybe a Sports Pack but I could really use some Spiral stair cases, full circle and half. Would be wonderful for grand entrance ways. It would also be cool if we could change the layout of the yard, like at some small hills. Being able to create raised ranch style homes would be nice also. :D
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Water Recycler for the washer, which lowers bills by x amount (saving water).
    Improved Lint Filter for the dryer, which prevents it from starting fires.

And of course a Sock Retrieval Mechanism, which stops our Sims from losing socks.
    wJbomAo.png
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    Love the ideas that everyone gave!
    Sock Retrieval Mechanism is my favorite LOL! I thought the mood-enhancing scents were a cool idea too!

Ideas for Upgrades:

- Silent Night- Reduce the unwanted noise and vibration caused by the machines, reduce chance for upset/uncomfortable sims (especially if they happen to sleep close to the washer/dryer)
    - Less is More- Reduce bills and save more money by using less water/energy
    - Off Grid- Switch to solar power
    - Locks- Helps keep toddlers and pets out of harms way (just in case). Also, locks can protect their belongings (i.e. if we have laundromats or protecting from mischievous/klepto sims).
    - Increase Capacity- Self-explanatory. Increases the load capacity or at least makes the appliance run smoother when its a larger load.
    - Color & Shrink Corrector- Changes clothes back to their original state (in case the clothes get ruined somehow)
    - Test the Waters- Thinking way out of the box here, maybe curious low-budget scientists (or mad scientists) who don't have access to the existing technologies can use the appliance as a tester to increase handiness skill...and potentially create another portal to Sixam :smiley: (experiments might take a few times before creating the portal successfully). Maybe they can upcycle a broken washer.

Side note: So I was going to say that I thought it would be funny to have toddlers or playful sims sit on a washer/dryer that shakes a lot (toddlers would be supervised of course and cannot get up there on their own). & While writing that, I decided to look it up on google to see if people actually do that and apparently, it would be good for flirty sims instead! :lol:

Other Side Note: Considering it is supposed to be an eco-pack.. Here in this link is a list of energy-efficient upgrades that can be done around the home: https://www.bestpickreports.com/blog/post/check-off-these-energy-efficient-upgrades-for-your-home
    Ayy It's Mell ♥