Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game crashing/freezing since March patch/GTW installed?

2...Next

Comments

• e01000101e01000101 Posts: 41 Member
    I actually tried pairing down my sims' inventories & the family inventory after someone suggested trying it, but given I'm playing a relatively new family there wasn't much in there to begin with, and it didn't seem to have made a difference for me, anyway.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    e01000101 wrote: »
    I actually tried pairing down my sims' inventories & the family inventory after someone suggested trying it, but given I'm playing a relatively new family there wasn't much in there to begin with, and it didn't seem to have made a difference for me, anyway.

This is a bug so it's not going to be fixed 100% until EA fix it in a patch :(
    apple-signature.png
  • Ericca77Ericca77 Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone e had any luck?
  • IAmTaylorAnnIAmTaylorAnn Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Ericca77 said:
    > Has anyone e had any luck?

I was just speaking with a help advisor with EA and I've had this issue for a few months now, I know this is like two years since anyone has posted in this particular thread, but the help advisor suggested moving the Sims 4 Documents folder to the desktop, launching the game so it creates a new Sims 4 doc folder and seeing if that helps. You'll lose your data, though.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    > @Ericca77 said:
    > Has anyone e had any luck?

I was just speaking with a help advisor with EA and I've had this issue for a few months now, I know this is like two years since anyone has posted in this particular thread, but the help advisor suggested moving the Sims 4 Documents folder to the desktop, launching the game so it creates a new Sims 4 doc folder and seeing if that helps. You'll lose your data, though.

You do not lose your data unless you delete the old Sims 4 folder which will contain your mods, CC and saved games. Moving the Sims 4 folder will allow your game to generate a new one which is good.

My advice is to move your Sims 4 folder to your Desktop and restart your game. Do not delete the old Sims 4 folder. Start a new game as your old saves will be in the Desktop folder and play for about an hour on your new save to see if any problems you have experienced before are still occurring. If they are, quit and exit the game. Repair the game which is found when you enter Origin as an option before you start up Sims 4. If the problems are not present in the new save, then it may be that a mod or some of your CC is out of date or corrupted. Check with the website where you downloaded the content to see if the mods have been updated and download the new version. Same for CC. You may have to cull your CC.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.