Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Big problem with tournaments!!!!!

Hi I've got a huge problem! i'm on a quest to win the tournament in china! but my first challenge is a book merchent and every time i phone up to callenge him it just says "I'm at work now and i dont know how long i'll be" or if i ring late it says "Don't you think it's a bit late, ring me in the morning then i might want to chat" It doesn't matter what time of day i ring it always comes up! does anyone else have or had this problem? can anybody help?

Comments

• kellywestkellywest Posts: 899 New Member
    edited November 2009
    Maybe stay out of the market for the day? I feel like the stores stay open overnight when my Sim is in the market (even if my Sim stays there all day long and then camps out there overnight, they never leave their posts other than to wander into the nearby shops) but I'm guessing that's not the case if I'm not there.

Have you tried calling as soon as you arrive in China? Or if your Sim's already there, stay out of the market for more than a day and maybe it'll reset or something.
  • JesskiJesski Posts: 52 Member
    edited November 2009
    I will try that thanks It's starting to drive me crazy lol
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited November 2009
    A better method is to find out the name of the specific merchant you have to fight (it tells you when you use the phone to start the tournament) and go to the merchant and challenge him/her directly to a ranked sparring match.
    raw
  • JesskiJesski Posts: 52 Member
    edited November 2009
    Ok I've stayed away from the market for a whole day and i'm gone up to the book merchant but nothing it working! I rung up againg and he still said he's at work, and i've gone up to him and there is no spar action! I don't know what to do here :( Does anybody know any other ways to get around this??? P.S thank you for all your suggestion :-)